Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Greetings!

I am about to start posting chapters from a simlit story I have been working on for quite some time. This will be my thread for announcements about new chapters, which will be posted on my website (link coming in next post).

Seventeen & Maldusk
(A Supernatural Soap Opera)

SAM-Forum-Ion-Intro.jpg

SAM-Forum-Reuben-Intro.jpg

They're about to become roommates. Obviously, they're going to get along great.

Stay tuned!
Forum-Banner-01.jpg
Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Getting started! The first chapter has been posted.

Website link

Chapter 1: Ion experiences the joys of the first day in a new job.
    SAM-C1-Ion-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Oh, hey! I was waiting for this! 😁 Congrats on officially kicking off on sharing it all. The premise already looks hilarious, ha. I am very interested to see what kind of story you'll give us 😄
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you so much! :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    edited October 2022
    That's a super nice surprise for today! Aliens seem really funny already, in particular the way Ion is commenting on all the things that are obvious to us. And I wasn't expecting the alien-cat from the preview to be a guide-Paladin kind of figure, that's interesting! Reuben seems all the opposite instead, two very unexpected roommates really sound like the premise for a good soap opera!
    Post edited by HermioneSims on
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    @HermioneSims Thanks for reading!

I wasn't expecting the alien-cat from the review to be a guide-Paladin kind of figure

No one ever expects the psychic bodyguard alien-cat. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Quality content here. I'll try not to forget it, since I'm mainly on Wordpress. *subscribes to thread*
    @DeiraShadeweaver Thanks for reading!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited October 2022
    Quality content here. I'll try not to forget it, since I'm mainly on Wordpress. *subscribes to thread*
    @GlacierSnow I'm pretty sure you can set up notifications on the WordPress.com Subscriber.
    I get notifications in the 'subscriber thread' on several stories not created on WordPress. For example AnotherPlumbob's 'The Lacey Legacy' created on Wix and @Snowbnuuy's SimLit written on Blogger.
    I googled for a solution when I wanted to share my website created in WordPress.org. on the WordPress Readers 'subscribes thread'. I used this guide, but I'm not sure if it works on all websites. Maybe Snowbnuuy would be good to ask if you're considering it.
    edited October 2022
    Weebly is giving me trouble commenting, so I'll paste it here instead! 😄

Chapter 1
    Oooh I love this! Ion Seventeen is the best for the job and yet still so clueless, lol. Him (?) not realising that blue skin colour is an odd thing made me laugh. Head fur 😂

PURPLE PALADIN! Alien paladins are cats? Wait, cat paladins have levels? And the pronouns change as they go up in ranks? I have so many questions and I know I’ll probably not get answers on that for quite a – oooh, the pronouns are based on age and experience? That’s so very interesting. And confusing, lol. Oh yes, referring to a person as “it” will surely go over well 🤣

Maldusk’s “come inside. Let’s talk” paired with that look would have made me run for the hills. Are those fangs? Those are definitely fangs. What happens if a vampire tries to feed on an alien? Hmm. Surely it would taste different. Need to test. HAHA omg that look that Paladin gave Maldusk 😆

2400 a month! Dear lordy 😵 Oh hey, at first I thought Maldusk was trying to scam Ion out of money, but offering to cover utilities for him because he’s a student is actually really nice. Unless the apartment is actually way less per month and he’s lying. Also possible. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, though.

Amalgamation approved inspiring wall decorations. My gods. 🤣
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @MonaSolstraale Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

@_sims_Yimi Sorry Weebly is giving you commenting issues. Not sure what's going on there. It seemed like it was working fine for people earlier this week. Thanks for commenting here though!

High rent - Yup! It's the city. I checked rents in places like New York city and :open_mouth: !!!

I wanted it to seem very expensive to live in San Myshuno even in the "low end" part of the city. So, I actually just took the in-game weekly rent (600 simoleons) for the 19 Culpepper House apartment where Reuben lives and multiplied it by 4 to be the "monthly" rent. Reuben's being straight with Ion here. It really is that much! This is probably why Reuben needs a roommate. :lol:

You've made some good observations about Reuben... :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 2 is ready!

Link to main page

Link to chapter index

Someone is searching for something.
    SAM-C2-Mysterious-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Ooh interesting...
    I can't tell if the reaction at the ending is an innocent or dark curiosity about spotting an alien... I can see why she'd stop off in Strangerville if she were specifically looking for Sixam-related things, which I assumed to be the case by the way she eyed the alien poster in what I assumed was a hotel. but I wonder how exploring Selvadorada and looking at the artifacts in the museum connects with that? I love the longshots, esp. the Oasis Springs one < 3
    they/them or she/her
    Chapter 2
    Looks like our mystery explorer did a ton of research on a ton of things... is she looking for alien evidence specifically, or anything out of the ordinary? Haha, it's pretty ironic that she's gone to Selvadorada and all these other remote places, scouring the world, and yet the most interesting discovery is right there in downtown city 😆 Ion, you might have an admirer! Or stalker. Or new friend! ...Or threat. One of those things is probably correct but I have no idea which.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Thanks for reading (viewing?)! These types of "silent" chapters will appear from time to time. They show things happening elsewhere in the world, the meanings of which will become clear gradually, or at some point in the future. The mystery girl will turn up again... but where? :wink:

@SnowBnuuy

Good observation. Her expression is pretty ambiguous. She does seem to be interested in some strange and alien things...

@_sims_Yimi
    it's pretty ironic that she's gone to Selvadorada and all these other remote places, scouring the world, and yet the most interesting discovery is right there in downtown city 😆 Ion, you might have an admirer! Or stalker. Or new friend! ...Or threat.

:joy::joy:

Yes.

A little fun personal history of Sims 4 and me. When I first bought Jungle Adventure, way back whenever that was, and I was playing around trying out the temple exploration for the first time and I saw this carving:

SAM-C2-02.jpg

And I thought it looked like a space ship. Don't ask me why. That's just how my brain works. And because of the common movie trope (and some of the sillier conspiracy theories) that various ancient monuments were built by aliens, and the fact that the Sims 4 game already had aliens in it, I just assumed it was a clever joke poking fun at that.

Later, when I was digging around in build mode, I actually read the description. It's name says it is the Omisca "poison glyph". There's no further explanation besides a quote from the Omisca Death Myth, but it kind of looks like a flower, so maybe the flower is poisonous. Not sure.

But deep in my heart of hearts, it will always be a flying saucer. :lol: So let's just say that here, in this Sim-story world, there is a popular conspiracy theory that this glyph (despite archaeologists and the descendants of the Omiscan people themselves repeatedly saying it represents poison) is an alien space ship.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Very interesting!
    I wasn't expecting a (mostly) silent chapter, but all those pictures were very effective in showing what is like to be an explorer. But now I'm worried for Seventeen, he's so naive about many things... What will she do now?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I love this! Bookmarked this thread, will carry on reading.
    Are you familiar with Lying Cat from the Saga comic series? Your Paladin reminds me of her.
    tcc0xw1l2ufywuhjg699.png?quality=80&w=832
    C3OMO7kUkAAYRwb?format=jpg&name=small

Anyhow, you're a talented storyteller and I'm glad you decided to start sharing this one <3
    gen3-banner.png
    @HermioneSims Caught you by surprise, then? :lol: I guess I should have given you all a heads up about this type of chapter before posting it. Sorry about that. :joy: There will be more chapters like this one, though, and sometimes the details in the screenshots are quite important. As I worked on this story, I gradually began realizing how fun it is for me to really put a lot of time and planning into the screenshots. Things happening (and sims appearing) in the background can turn out to be very significant, or at least entertaining, especially as the story progresses.

@mightysprite Welcome on board! Thanks for reading. I did read several volumes of the Saga series (loved it!). I was borrowing from a friend, though, and it was a few years ago. Not sure which one was the last I read. I know I'm not totally caught up though. I completely forgot about Lying Cat, but you're right! There is a rather strong resemblance. Wasn't a conscious intent (I swear! :lol: ). I was just messing around in CAS after getting "Cats and Dogs", playing with the fur painting tools and the pet costumes, and somehow Paladin emerged. And he just had to become a character in something. So here we are.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Oh I didn't mean to imply that Paladin wasn't an original creation. He surely is that. It was more of a "have you met my friend's cat, she kinda looks like your cat" thing.
    Your lore for the Paladins is terrific too.
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite Don't worry! That's exactly how I read it. :smile: I just thought it was funny. I was like "Oh, hey, yeah! Lying Cat!" Maybe they're related.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 3 is ready.

Link to main page

Link to chapter index

Ion is amazed by all the exotic human stuff.
    SAM-C3-Ion-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    I laughed! I cried! (from laughing)
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite Thanks for reading!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Chapter 3
    Ion Seventeen geeking out over common human things is the best thing ever. Ah, I love this guy. Him thinking performing music in public was inappropriate and his kind having hormonal responses to it made me raise an eyebrow, lol. I wonder what that's all about. They’re so different. I wonder if we’ll end up learning about their culture and habits in the future the way Ion is learning about this world now.
    Bwahaha Maldusk’s response to Ion geeking out over the restrooms 🤣
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for reading! Ion is a lot of fun to write. I'm so glad people like him.

Next up... Reuben will finally get to tell his point of view.

Probably there will be some explanation of all that at some point, but Ion clearly thinks that sixamnians are totally normal, so what is there to explain? :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Chapter 3 was definitively very funny to read XD Ion is just adorable, I want to meet an alien like him too!
    2if86miljyb3.png