Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    In this installment of Wyrd Girls...

Chapter 31 - Summer's End

"It was incredible!" Miranda cheered, after she finished explaining her small but pivotal role in the upcoming Curse of the Pirate Queen.
    o5KEuCT.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member

Gary and I became a BFF at Copperdale.
    **Kids can't use photo booth :(
    aDtrLH5.pngtgJXLNR.png

Playin time!
    aKhFdXi.pngHgmYVha.pngoZJruEd.png

Selfie time!
    QdoCbWv.png9ETqzXL.png9VVeAlw.pngYuwu2KO.png

Walking home + another photoshoot
    CbicnM7.pngXu4lbEF.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Mara and Oliver celebrated Winterfest with visits to friends, fun presents, and a mysterious package.
    07-science-gift.png

Aliens Stole My Alien Parents, Day 10

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The Ashwood's moved to Glimmerbrook! They also had a photo taken of the four of them ;)
    52406615067_42839977b5_h.jpg

The twins' names will be Cassidy and Hadley
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Just made a new Autumn Fall Fairy (actual Spellcaster) & saved her in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited June 2023
    Transitions in Motion, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

From Britechester-U, the five took a cab to Henford-on-Bagley. The house Erik designed and had built by a competent and celebrated Architectural company, John Simms & Sons, was more than large enough for the five of them to reside. This was a stop-gap measure. Spock’s residence was just down the hill from the land Erik purchased. Aaron was still deliberating going back to the Minor League he left to attend collage over going into Law as he once thought he wanted.

Joey was planning on going to Med School, since Aaron’s advice had been for him to find something he liked. And even further by saying, “Find your passion, Joe.” Joey had always been a compassionate Sim. He was one to be care-taker to the sick or ill in the household, bringing them tissue, pain or fever relief medication, or soup and crackers. His decision was a natural one, but for quite some time he wouldn’t earn any money. “I am not a sponge, I’ll help around the house,” he said.

Brianna was grateful for the offer, too. After three years on their own, none of them was inclined to go back home. She and Kayleigh would share one of the many bedrooms. Brianna also very much wanted to plan her wedding without their mother taking it over as she would be wont to do. Not that Louise would be left out by any means, but Brianna wanted the wedding she and Spock wanted, prone to the Vulcan Culture over the Human one. So, before they left the Britechester-U Campus, the decision had been made. The five would remain roommates, for now.

For a moment of awe, they all stood outside of what Erik described as a cottage. “That’s some cottage,” Aaron said. “Like so many other things, you’ve grossly understated it, little brother. But, it’s very nice.”
    “I told you there was plenty of room,” Erik quipped.
    “That you did. I imagine we could all walk around in there for days before we ran into each other. Wow. Can’t believe this came out of your head.”
    “I did a rough sketch of what I wanted and the Architect took it from there. And don’t leave Kayleigh out, she designed the kitchen. She’s pretty good that way when you take the leash off of her.” Here he glanced at her.
    8QRnDnJ.jpg

FFH3AZR.jpg

8gx23s9.jpg

4Xjzxom.jpg

The next morning was Sunday. Church and then the Accolades. Erik had a very early call. Orion Entertainment, Limited had scheduled yet another concert, promoting his latest released album, Redirected Future. All of this in an effort to fit in as many as they could before the Rock Star got married and went off on a Honeymoon.

As much as Erik was beginning to wear a bit thin, he appreciated their business aspect. He was a product in so many ways. He also resigned himself to letting go of the whole acting thing, in favor of his first love, music.

The early Spring morning was rather chilly, so he pulled on his sweater and stood taking in the most attractive feature of the land he had purchased.
    The view.
    sx7aaNf.jpg

There was something calming about sunrise, he was quickly learning. Busy as things were since Friday, there was no let up. Not yet. I really need this Honeymoon.

The Academy seemed to have found its footing, at long last. The pace of the Award Show had been vastly ramped-up. Erik was glad he got to the PBP Studios Lounge, on the early side for a change. He was barely in his seat when the Host took the stage and awards were given out. He knew he had to leave as early as possible. Another concert to hold.
    Dirk Dreamer, managed to garner yet another award. At this rate, you’ll be a Global Superstar before you know it, my friend.
    OpqIgGe.jpg

And then came the announcement, Erik hoped to hear. Having repented from his egregious behavior, he sought to walk more humbly from now on. It’s not me, it’s the music.
    “… for his, All Things Worthy”
    “You have been very kind to me. I thank you for this honor.”
    Lfhb0q0.jpg

“I would like to thank my fans, my record label, Taygeta Studios, and Orion Entertainment, Limited, for all of your support over these past three years. It’s been quite a ride. I am most humbled by all of this and I thank you all.”
    AwBuhIb.jpg

More to come. Thanks for reading :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, just a little place in the country... or possibly just a little place containing a small country. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    A Disturbance in the Atmosphere, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Since the Rehearsal Dinner wasn’t until seven PM, Erik decided to take Kayleigh out on a date. The two hadn’t had much time alone, recently. They also both agreed that checking up on the Lounge to make certain all was arranged, as planned, for this evening’s festivities, was a good idea.
    Q8gLfzV.jpg

RAve8Ms.jpg

gTITvnN.jpg

“Oh, Erik, it looks fabulous, don’t you think?”
    ekS2tEf.jpg
    “Yes, yes it does, thanks to you. You have a great head for design, Babe.”

If Erik thought they would be alone, he quickly found out he was sadly mistaken. Before the couple could even grab their glasses of Van Haute Meloire and the platter of meat & cheese, they ordered from the bar, they were interrupted, not once but twice. “Erik, Erik!” came a familiar voice. “Over here.”

He kept his eyes on his soon-to-be wife, figuring it was just a Paparazzi wanting a good shot. When the appeal persisted, and the voice turned slightly angry sounding, Erik turned his head. “Holly Alto, what brings you here?”
    “Finally, I’ve snagged your attention. I have something to ask you. Will you marry me?”
    “Wh-wh-what? Holly, no way,” laughter in his voice. “I’m already getting married. Tomorrow, as a matter of fact, and the last time I checked it’s against the law to have more than one wife at a time. You’re such a kidder.”
    “Erik, what does she mean? Have you been seeing her on the side?”
    “Honey no. I swear. When have I had the time? Seriously, she’s just a kidder. She’s always saying stuff like that to get attention. And I only know this from her behavior at the Starlight Accolades. Really. Put the Green-Eyed Monster away, please.”
    yO0pdw0.jpg

“So, you’ve got more than one woman on the hook, eh? Holly, Kayleigh and who else, begs the question,” The Paparazzi said, as he stepped in between Kayleigh and Erik. “Pardon me, but I’ve got to get this exclusive. Breaking News!”
    XuAQnFL.jpg

The two rode in silence on the way back to Henford-on-Bagley. Erik kept checking his phone. At one point he was furiously texting someone. Kayleigh felt a knot in her stomach. When he turned to look at her, finally realizing he wasn’t alone, she gave him a steely glance. “Kay-Kay, it’s the nature of the business. Rumors like this pop up all of the time. The industry has a tendency to build a person up, just to tear them down again.” Kayleigh crossed her arms over her chest, and looked out of the side window.

“Come on, you know me. I don’t fool around. I’m not a Player. I’ve done some dim-witted things I admit, but fooling around isn’t one of them. Certainly not when the One has consented to marry me. Why would I mess that up? Tell me, why.” Slowly she turned her head to look at him.
    “The One?”

“Yeah. The One I have been waiting for my entire life. You. I knew you were the One from the moment I first cast eyes on you. Why do you think we fell in love just like that?” He snapped his fingers. “You were busy looking for me, while I was busy looking for you. Come on, please don’t do this. Not now. Not after all the counseling. Not tonight.”

The air back at Bag-End, as Erik had dubbed their abode, was decidedly chilly. “Hey,” he said, calling her into the Parent-Saver room just inside of the Master Bedroom. “We have just enough time for a quick spin before tonight.” Erik held out his hand, classical music playing from the stereo.
    “Tomorrow is almost here,” he chortled. “I can barely wait. At least we have a full evening to make the time pass. Up to one more practice round? Maybe? Kayleigh, are you going to freeze me out for the rest of the day? I’m sorry you got caught in the cross-hairs. It’s just a rumor. I’ve done nothing wrong.”
    nAAbK3Z.jpg
    “Oh, all right," She finally relented. "Let’s not let them spoil our wedding plans.”
    “That’s my girl. I love you so much.”

All five of them took off for Tartosa about an hour before the Rehearsal Dinner was to begin. “Oh, this is beautiful,” Brianna said, as they went inside.
    “Thank you,” Kayleigh smiled. “We worked on it together.”
    “That’s not entirely true,” Erik said, over his shoulder. He was busy taking a Selfie to send to his Simstagram. “She did most of it. I just nodded.”
    vKXNLTw.jpg

Before too long, their guests started to arrive. Kayleigh spotted her father right away and gave the Captain a bear-hug.
    XwapysA.jpg

DvNc5oO.jpg
    X2sUEni.jpg

Toasts were given to the happy couple.
    JylExnl.jpg
    u1r8YTD.jpg

As Kayleigh kept an eye out for those missing on her half of the guest list, she suddenly saw her younger sister walking toward the group.
    wtl7Lia.jpg
    “Mercedes! Come on in!” She hailed. “I was so afraid you weren’t going to come. Hayleigh’s still not here.”
    “No? Well, one of us needed to show up. So, here I am.”

At long last, Hayleigh made an appearance. Kayleigh rushed over to her triplet and hugged the stuffing out of her. “I’m so glad you made it.”
    “I had to work late, or lose my job. I’m sorry.”
    “It’s okay, you’re here, now.”
    T4X7CJG.jpg

Hayleigh, feeling a bit unnerved about her Maid of Honor role, tentatively got ready for the Toast she was asked to make. She thought there would only be the one at the wedding, but now she had to come up with something a tad different for tonight. She hesitated longer than she intended.
    KZ4k2hm.jpg

Then words flooded her brain. “To Kayleigh and Erik. May they live in love, walk in faith and may many children surround their table.” Her speech was an ad hoc mixture of biblical passages and whatnot.
    oRfsjuw.jpg

After a time, a troubled Kayleigh spoke to Father James’ wife, Amanda. “May I ask you a few questions regarding marriage matters?”
    “Sure,” Amanda said, taking a seat next to the Bride. “Ask and I’ll try to answer.”
    LCPAWJj.jpg

As the room slowly cleared out, Erik,  incontrovertibly juiced, decided he had a toast to make, too. “Listen up,” he began. “Tomor …ro …row I am going to marry the most g-gg-orgeous, gener(hiccup) rous of Soul, Sweetest woman in the Entire uni-uni, (hiccup) universe. Oh sorry. If she’ll have me. Still. I want to go on record. (hiccup) I did not do what was said. Never. Ever. It’s a fabri-fabrica — It’s a lie.”
    iHbpYYo.jpg
    “Come on, Erik,” Joey said, hoisting the Rock Star up and draping Erik’s arm across his shoulder. “Let’s get you home. You might have enough hours to sleep it off.”

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, just a little place in the country... or possibly just a little place containing a small country. :)

ROFL Yeah, I missed this build, so I tried, twice, to re-size it by starting over from scratch, and after the second complete failure I recalled just how difficult it was the first time. So, I grabbed the original one and moved it on the 64 X 64 lot to make room for other stuff. Then, of course, I changed out the exterior treatment. Paint, et al.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    My sim self and his new wife Elena headed out to Tartsoa over the Easter weekend. They stayed in a beautiful rental for three days:
    nBv24DC.png
    LEDCa8w.png
    M3jDNWo.png

Not long after getting home, Elena's ex-husband and father to her two daughters Cristal and Rhea, Maurico arrives on the doorstep! Not seen since they departed:
    I9g4meS.png
    Po2Ri4q.png
    He seems to be trying with Cristal!
    deFs4dk.png

But i wonder why after all this time he is suddenly on Elena's doorstep?

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    One of my toddlers was taken due to neglect! Naturally I quit without saving because I did NOT want that to happen. But it was rather a nasty surprise. I’ve not had it happen before.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    My game was full of elders or bad looking townies as all the sims had aged up and died and they adopted far too many sims so I’ve been trying to fix this.

After playing around with the gallery and my game crashing and losing a lot of work I decided to move all my main characters to a brand new game and this time not age the npc sims until I actually meet them and they’re involved in the game.

I think this will be much better going forward so I can experience the packs as they were on launch and I’ll have better sims to meet than the generated townies but wow it’s been quite a bit of work.

I couldn’t find a way to keep Juliana and James as half brother-sister as her parents were both dead so now the game recognises them as brother-sister and I lost some of their trophies and graduation things. I also had to build everyone’s relationship up again. But they have all the skills and everything they had before and Juliana made sure to bring her bicycle. They haven’t officially met in the game but to keep them on each other’s family tree I had to put them in the same household briefly, they really do look like brother and sister which is great.

In their brief time meeting each other they got very friendly very fast so I made them fight and now they have a festering grudge, it was the only way I could get them to not call each other or show up randomly and things.. but hopefully I can get rid of that if they ever actually do meet. They will be on the other side of the world for now so hopefully they’ll get over it 😂

I think this looks much better going forward and can start playing again and manage the townies better this time. Much better to do it early on :)
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    The twins have arrived! Cassidy was born first, then Hadley. I aged them up to see what they'll look like out of curiosity and both girls will have brown eyes, like mom, while Hadley will have their daddy's red hair! Hadley is also a Spellcaster while Cassidy is mortal, though both were born with the Weak Bloodline trait since they're first-generation Spellcasters. Well, Hadley is anyway.
    52409755968_2522e71233_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Last Minute Details, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

The birds were chirping LOUDLY outside of his bedroom window. My tongue has hair on it! Erik rolled over and all but tumbled out of the luxurious Queen Size bed. He would have gone for the King Size, but thought that a bit pretentious.

Logs, too, crackled on the grate of the large mouth fireplace just opposite the bed, to his right. He padded into the adjacent bathroom. Large, and tiled floor to ceiling, his bare-feet made a quaint light flack-flack sound that echoed, bouncing off of the ceramic. Should have thought about that before I said tile.
    “I’m up, I’m up,” he told no one. “What day is this, what time?”
    JVWnIFe.jpg
    And why does my head feel so large?

After suffering a few rounds of dry-heaves, he stripped down and stepped into the shower. The nice cold water helped to dissipate what clearly was a hangover. Worse than the one he had after the Kegger. Champagne is a form of wine, wine drunks are the worst of them all.

When he could function again, he *wrapped on the door of the room Kayleigh shared with Brianna. “Kayleigh. Honey are you awake? I thought we could make a quick run into Tartosa and pick up your bouquet and try some cake-tasting we didn’t get done yesterday.”

“Okay, I’m awake. Give me a minute.”
    “I’ll give you twenty, if that’s enough.”
    Kayleigh managed to pull herself together in record time. She must have learned how to stream-line her morning routine while at Britechester-U. They made it to Tartosa and sat for several minutes for the Flower Shoppe to open.
    kqImUwp.jpg

“Just what time is it? It’s still gray outside,” she complained.
    “Time to finish tying up these few loose ends,” he said. “I’m sorry yesterday went so awry. This is why I generally take charge of things, if you’ll forgive me. Stuff happens to impede the progress and I get frustrated.”
    “Frustrated at me?”
    deOOlOJ.jpg

“No, just frustrated. Oh, look, he’s open, let’s pick up your bouquet and get over to that bake store to decide what flavor cake we want.”

Moments later, with the bouquet secured, the two ambled down the cobblestone lane. Kayleigh had a bit of trouble trying to walk over it with the heels on her boots. Erik held onto her, to help steady her. “I do hope you don’t want the cake to be Blue Confetti,” she said. “It’s tasty but it’s more like a kid’s cake.” Erik just shrugged.

“I think we should both try different flavors, so we can decide. I’ve got an open mind on this. And, if all else fails we can compromise.”
    “What, like two of the four tiers being one flavor and the other two be another flavor?”
    “Or, all four tiers being a different flavor.”

“We’re already so late with this detail, we should make it easier on them, don’t you think?” Kayleigh said. They arrived just as the Shop was opening up for the day. “Well, good morning, what can I do for you two?” The manager chortled.
    They got their slices of cake, which they shared and then came the tough decision of choosing between them.
    PkAvutw.jpg

“Well, I like this one,” Kayleigh said, gesturing with her fork at the cake on her plate.
    SYbOG3B.jpg
    “And I like the mocha. So, here we sit at a standstill we can ill afford.”
    rsUWNnt.jpg

“Okay, the top tier and the third tier shall be mocha and the second and fourth tiers should be the Stupendiciously Vanilla.”
    G6UaYkb.jpg

They got back before noon, and Erik said, “I’m going to go lie down. Don’t let me sleep passed five.”
    “Five? Erik, the wedding is at three.”
    “Three, I meant three. We’ve changed the time too many times, I just can’t keep up. See? I’m almost asleep on my feet.”
    "I'm going back to bed, too. I can't handle your early calls."

Brianna also got up a little later than normal. She went down to the kitchen and made brunch for everybody. She was wholly unaware that Kayleigh and Erik had even gone out. Kayleigh appeared to be hard asleep when she tip-toed out of the room.
    UibT9Xc.jpg

When the clock chimed Noon, Brianna went around and banged a ladle against a pot standing before each of the occupied bedroom doors. “Roll out of bed you Sluggards, we have a WEDDING today!”

She may as well have been a Drill Sargent. She could hear feet hit the floor in each room. “Hm, I’ve done my job.” She clucked.

More to come, thanks for reading! :)

* Can't believe this word was censored. Yes, I know it doesn't' start with a w for this usage.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Hidden Cracks, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Arriving about an hour early, allowed for them to get their bearings and to set the two cakes on the designated tables. Finally, the guests began to straggle in. Canned music greeted the them as they took seats, in no particular order.
    Camelot! Situated in Windenberg.
    tLIugDO.jpg
    I9THSjW.jpg
    HBzmV5H.jpg

The couple grew a tad anxious as the Tomlin family hadn’t arrived, neither had the Golden’s. At least the senior Cantrell’s were here. To Kayleigh’s surprise and delight, Mercedes strolled in and looked gorgeous. So polished. She thought this meant her parents and Hayleigh had arrived too, but it wasn't so.
    A very pregnant Judith Ward took a seat near the back row of chairs.
    0tuAFkU.jpg

Kayleigh stood at the end of the aisle waiting for her Maid of Honor, and her father to show up, pacing a bit. Regina, looking fabulous, was too busy milling about the crowd, saying hello and introducing herself. Are you running for public office?
    HBTyYZ6.jpg

Finally Father James arrived, all dressed up in his satin vestments to preside over this ceremony. He quickly jogged down on the outside row of chairs to get into place. “Car trouble,” he said. The music was cued and then Joey, Erik’s Best Man, took charge of things, directing the flow of traffic, as it were. Kayleigh watched him with fascination. For someone who was Socially Awkward, he seemed to have found himself. She figured if he washed out of med school, he could easily become the Wedding Director at church. He sent Erik down, first. Then came Adrian, a very confident Ring Bearer.
    ICMEhSp.jpg

Walking over to Regina, he tapped her lightly on the shoulder. “Your next. And where’s Hayleigh? We’re already getting a late start. You, Hayleigh, Lorelei and then the Bride on your father’s arm, if things work right. I don’t see him, yet, either.”
    “Oh, I can’t walk down the aisle. I just can’t. Not in front of all these people.”
    “Forgive me, it’s not about you. You’re doing this for your sister.”
    “I know, but I still just can’t. I’m just here for moral support.”

Joey came away shaking his head. “Okay, Lorelei, the Bridesmaids have bombed out. You go ahead and do your thing.” Which she did very well.
    UyinUF9.jpg

Kayleigh’s parents and sister were missing in action and she struggled to keep from bursting into tears. When Joey gave her the nod, she almost glared at him. She never once anticipated walking down the aisle alone. But the afternoon was ebbing and she and Erik still had to travel. She had no idea where they were going. He wanted to include her in the plans, but she reminded him it was the Groom’s main job to see to the flowers and the honeymoon. “Surprise me,” she recalled saying.
    “Kayleigh, you’ve got this,” Joey said, handing her the bouquet. “I’m sorry, I don’t know if our parents all partied together last night after the rehearsal dinner broke up, or what. My parents were late, too."
    "Yes, but at least they're here. All I can wonder is where is mine?"
    "You look gorgeous, by the way. It’s way late, we’ve got to get started. Now, smile.” With that he gave her a gentle nudge toward the runner. Rolling her shoulders back, and looking straight ahead, Kayleigh stepped forward.
    3psim7w.jpg

The aisle felt like it was the full length of a regulation football field. She was aware all eyes were on her, the guests standing as she began this strange march. Finally, she reached then end of the runner to stand beside Erik.
    CHruShb.jpg

“Darn you, Drake, I knew you should have charged the Hovercraft last night! Look, she’s already at the arch. We missed the most important part.” That quickly, sobbing could be heard behind them.
    “Let’s just start,” Father James whispered.
    3FD01sY.jpg

“Dear family, friends, guests. Today we gather to witness the joining of this Man and this Woman in Holy Matrimony. This is a solemn occasion, a covenant not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a forever proposition. An agreement to stand side-by-side in both good times and bad. Sickness and health, to have and to hold until death separates them. As Witnesses, you are asked to keep this couple in your thoughts and prayers. To help buffer them from any storms that come their way. To evoke Spiritual help upon them in times of need. And, now, I believe Erik has a few words to say to Kayleigh.
    AnSfTDG.jpg

“Kayleigh, from the first time I laid eyes on you I knew you were my Other Half. My Better half. The One I had been searching for. I fell in love with you in a single heartbeat. Everything changed that day. I knew I had to have you in my life, by my side because surely existence was empty without you. I love you with my whole being. I need you with me as I need the air to breathe,” Erik began.
    eAJNRJw.jpg

“Without you there is no dawn, only darkness. When I stumbled, you were right there to steady me. The most perfect Helpmate. I have you to thank for helping me find my path again when I lost my way. You are my guiding light. The Keeper of my hat size. I promise to always be there for you.”
    7UKSGgm.jpg

“And, now, we’ll hear from Kayleigh,” Father James said, nodding at her.

“Erik, my life began the day you strolled up my father’s driveway, with that cute little swagger of yours. I knew the moment our eyes met that we were fated. Destiny brought us together, and I am forever grateful. If I get sad, you act all crazy and silly until I find my smile again.”
    InoY3Al.jpg

“If I get scared you’re right there to hold me, until I feel safe again. I can’t even imagine spending my life with anyone else. We are two halves of a whole. And you’re not afraid to scrub a toilet or push a vacuum around. I’ve seen so many wonderful things in you. Your dedication to God, to your family, to me, to your music. You are my heart and I love you."
    dm8yVHE.jpg

Once the guests settled down again, roaring with laughter when it came to the vacuum remark, Father James gazed at the couple and said, “The rings, if you please.”
    “Kayleigh, with this ring, I Thee wed,” Erik said, slipping the gold band onto her left ring finger.
    EurPXFY.jpg
    4GhuTfu.jpg

Father James turned to Kayleigh, next, who seemed intent on staring at the ring on her finger. “Kayleigh,” he gently prompted.
    “Oh,” she said. “Erik, with this ring I Thee wed.”
    T8Y97Vv.jpg

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Bride,” Father James said. Unfortunately, with the hoopla behind them, eager to get this over with, the two managed to bonk heads.
    “Kayleigh, Honey,” Erik said.
    BOHuYVO.jpg

Upon the second attempt, Erik leaned in very slowly and gave her a tender peck on the lips.
    Qgcxz38.jpg

More to come. Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    In this installment of Wyrd Girls...

Chapter 32 - Away to School

"We've heard from Ms Anansi that she and Mr Collett are reviving an old tradition," Gwen said. "Seniors at Brookside will have the option to living at the school."

"Wait," Miranda said, "live... at Brookside? Is this like those wizardy-school books... because it doesn't really go well for those kids, you know."
    35mbTFe.png
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, I love a good wedding... a bit of a rocky start but like the Bard says the course of true love never did run smooth.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    After failing at this in the past, my sim self finally wins the motive trials!
    sw8RJwu.png
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @GalacticGal,
    Have to say, I'm hooked.
    Sibling Comfort!
    Princess Roddy was in his bedroom. and couldn't get the image of Angus McTavish, Angus McTavish the second, Sadie, Sybil and Hilda's sad expressions out of his mind. He then burst into tears. 'Big brother, are you ok?' Hamish asked telepathically. 'I could use a hug right now, Hamish.' Princess Roddy replied, tearfully. Hamish came downstairs and into his big brother's bedroom and gave him a comforting and loving hug:
    b860ab9f94fe0d28d1eb7c33bc99efaf41d8f68d.png
    'Thanks for that, little brother.' the princess said, gratefully drying his eyes. 'You're welcome, Roddy.' Hamish said, glad that he cheered his big brother up. Princess Roddy gave his little brother a loving smooch on his cheek:
    f93a57128645459931d5b57bf60d3a0be9b85211.png
    615644d5eff6fcd5aa0233cee7824d73cb0d1007.png
    And a loving smooch on his nose:
    a74d2419f5d2870b427fb33ab7bac4c08ebeb0b7.png
    The two brothers then chatted to each other:
    894ba298ec0ef7cf806c7c9f01d014d53182341c.png
    Hamish then went back upstairs into his own bedroom. Princess Roddy went outside and got his telescope out:
    9afc64249c482b864682c881cbd34ff53a544b39.png
    The sky was beautiful and he saw the stars, twinkling in the night sky. Then Princess Roddy put the telescope away and headed back inside. He went up to his bedroom, changed into his feminine sleepwear outfit and fell asleep in his bed:
    25dcca059de47811c02bb8fa1fe99d5caab1c617.png
    In the morning, Princess Roddy woke up. He had a mud bath:
    ae53ba8294d4a8ac4c5cb918841231506f54d633.png
    The princess enjoyed his mud baths.
    Painting with Tiffany!
    Tiffany felt the urge to go into her art studio and paint, so paint she did!
    6410f0dd28f6bb5b6e7747de6c3efd62b641e044.png
    2c70de825992b395e103ecc0d8b4af1984ef2ee4.png
    She used a lot of oranges, reds and yellows:
    4b5eb83dd65b14ffcb9a9d9e6855d04c9c1bbfd7.png
    Tiffany finished the painting and stood back, admiring her work:
    284c6021387f6f4dcbe7e44365f7c2447c38c393.png
    'I have the perfect name for this!' Tiffany thought. She called it 'The Angry Sun claims a victim' and hung it up in the dining room:
    9e3d34ca620118c9e94007f4ad9fbe8301d07a57.png
    She named it that because it reminded her of the angry sun from Super Mario Bros 3.
    Sledding and more!
    Princess Roddy and Shine headed over to Mt Komorebi for a change of scenery. Shine wore her new cold weather outfit:
    7cef3855e661bf76713772e217ed909381859c46.png
    The pair headed over to the bunny slopes, where they sledded down:
    1322fcd395513b5db67eea670ea3e6b3d0f55b04.png
    Shine and Princess Roddy enjoyed the ride! Afterwards, they ate some spicy food to warm up:
    2632707be51a1a1c0ae5e79c68c9b4f722646c79.png
    Later, Princess Roddy lovingly glomped his mummy:
    03f8a9f22b8da7065478ddf33c131fbcba0cc6c8.png
    bd88265d2f65d908b95596ff0c1c8c132cd139c1.png
    Shine gave her firstborn a great, big, loving and warm hug:
    5591207cf1315b0d1a143db72162a7be4c57475b.png
    She looked fondly at the princess:
    b7504e47ebabd3c2f445a0c5fc20bb5fb18d714e.png
    And Princess Roddy looked fondly at his mummy!
    880b2eed292fa4ea9b4c7e1b5f7a24f2dcb32a7a.png
    Shine then gave the princess a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    702421d426e8aefe71198c3642f3cb5ca3a6ae39.png
    95f41a13022188804df8730c9c6336ed38a6b232.png
    Princess Roddy giggled and kissed his mummy's cheek. The pair then headed back home.
    Snow Festival!
    Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish headed to Mt Komorebi. Princess Roddy saw Nanami Ito and hugged her:
    c5047449d47ffcab4e68e84d7f2b386cfb14a386.png
    Nanami's mental wellbeing was a lot better ever since her mother apologised to her. And truth be told, she didn't miss her father one bit. After a chat, Princess Roddy said goodbye and headed over to Yamachan, where he and the mascot of Mt Komorebi took a selfie:
    a929dfac5b58d8dc2ae946da4064460043701470.png
    Meanwhile, Shine and Benjamin went sledding down the Bunny Slope:
    224ac8f300ee49635974a03f41c6032eb547985e.png
    c82218c1d96a3b8f7a5ec57906fbfd7431057594.png
    Later at night, the Snow Festival got fully underway. Shine and Benjamin walked around with their offspring, taking in the sights of the ice sculptures:
    20afd0d3b32c1dc9e907c7d39fe1e39d6aecd680.png
    Then they pretended to be space monsters whilst Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish played on the snow built climbing frame:
    bf76a1780e6e6414606c1906bf6ec5d92e5fb302.png
    57e7c96fb078dd0d1ce3c1179b626e535abfc8cf.png
    ce3fec5077de2ddd37cd3b17d18f99d658359915.png
    9a55eb5d4a3ceb897876901d67d4e48b079e4a0b.png
    The group had a lot of fun. They then went back home to Dianthus Hall for a cup of hot chocolate and a S'more or two.
    Chloe's not sure what to do.
    Chloe set to work on a travel guide about Copperdale:
    6fcf5a13ce1f4fbe80b585722d0ab60d70b34e91.png
    She sighed as she finished the last chapter of the guide:
    608dd181d52b10c2aae3e5ad68bb00ce9f60e938.png
    Chloe finished it and sent it to the literary digest. Later, she called a family meeting. The Furystrykar Household gathered in the room below Chloe's meditation room. 'Folks, I've called a meeting as to my future in the household...and quite frankly, I don't know what to do..' Chloe said. 'Big sister, what you decide is up to you. So, what is it you want to do?' Benjamin asked:
    5db1b0a7970728d9d22ee526efc06e5cdbc0577c.png
    Chloe took a deep breath. 'I'm thinking of moving out, either to our parents house, or to a quieter part of Brindleton Bay. Preferably in Cavalier Cove.' she said. Wendy looked sad:
    c37a685f64f030ec026c7cc191f89b4ce9fdc59c.png
    'Wendy, whatever your big sister decides, you'll be able to visit still.' Shine said, reassuring her sister in law:
    cffb14eb06f24a26576edf2de3d72679bef4f681.png
    'I've made a decision. I'm moving to that nice quiet house where Dorothy Pickett used to live in Brindleton Bay.' Chloe said. 'What happens to your bedroom, Aunt Chloe?' Sophia asked. 'I was wondering about that too.' added Princess Roddy:
    aafe5145c20c15dc5accc07f6db5bf0cf77467a2.png
    'Well, if for instance, Shelly Heart wants to move in with you, she can use my bedroom!' Chloe replied, cheerfully:
    b645e374afdd00309038dff5d9aeccbb35e98fbb.png
    'Shelly would like that a lot. As would Roddy!' Shine said, cheerfully:
    a4b0342b8ee8442e4b2838f171fa5f2083f4c500.png
    'In that case, meeting adjourned!' Chloe announced. The Furystrykars went to their various bedrooms, knowing that Chloe won't be moving far away, but nearby. A bit later, Wendy and Tiffany went into Chloe's bedroom. 'Big sister, me and Tiffany would like to move to Elm Bungalow too. I've discussed it with Benjamin and he's fine with it.' Chloe smiled. 'Then you can come!' she said, cheerfully.
    Moving home for Chloe, Wendy and Tiffany.
    The next day, Benjamin and Shine helped to bring Chloe, Wendy and Tiffany's suitcases downstairs. The trio had purchased Elm Bungalow, where Dorothy Pickett used to live:
    ab4e298a785027d8e7d6c9df4ca0855da43cd4cf.png
    At last, they were ready. 'We'll be nearby, brother' Chloe said, as she and Wendy gave Benjamin a comforting, loving and warm hug:
    dea9a33821892e04c0255b381050da6a671de75b.png
    Wendy noticed that Tiffany was crying. 'Don't feel sad, we'll always be able to visit!' she said, consoling her spouse with a kiss on the cheek. Tiffany cheered up. The trio then said goodbye to Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish, giving them each a very great, big, loving and warm hug:
    af59d03e5b36e02ccdddf6f7713c35a5c67e577d.png
    ed0cc21a2c2e642c9896a4e04343cf74299717bc.png
    47dbcbd4a1cc92c7195944f755126f064de2b1dc.png
    'Alright, we're off!' Chloe said. Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish all waved goodbye as Chloe, Wendy and Tiffany set off for their new home.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    The Ashborn's are expecting again! Name, gender(s)* and number to be revealed in the second trimester. Their cat, Luna, wandered off and came home with an announcement of her own: she's expecting kittens! Harvestfest has come and gone and Olivia is now a Global Celebrity and had her tile placement ceremony for her acting career. This was my first time completing the Master Actor/Actress aspiration!
    * I know what it is, but I'll be leaving you to guess ;)

As soon as baby #3 arrives, I'm positive Jon and Liv will be maxed out on the parenting skill because of their twin daughters. LOL!!
    Pics
    52411205696_cd6d59324c_h.jpg
    52410700397_b53e63f4d0_h.jpg
    52411205281_624808037e_h.jpg
    52411648930_bacb79d789_h.jpg
    52411204791_bcdb50fb70_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Shattered Dreams, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Choosing to exit the ‘chapel’ via the left set of stairs down to the reception area, Erik took Kayleigh’s arm and they headed off, followed by the guests. He was ecstatic knowing that finally Kayleigh was his and his alone. The wait had been long and hard, but they had both grown at university and he liked to think, matured, along the way, too.
    “I’m so sorry the way I acted earlier. I’ve ruined our Big Day,” Kayleigh said. Erik brushed her off.
    “It’s not ruined, Sweetheart. We’re married. Whomever thought they could stop that, failed. It’s you and me, forever.”
    9HHLAfU.jpg

Again, Joey took charge, calling everyone over to Toast the newlyweds. Slowly, the group assembled before the table. Joey managed to open a bottle, without the cork flying into the yard and hitting some poor unfortunate bystander, something he feared. Nor did he lose copious amounts of champagne spewing forth from the opened bottle. Glasses were filled by attendants of the venue and quickly distributed on trays.
    VZwRLho.jpg
    Joey gave a heart-felt toast, “And so I raise my glass to a loving couple to whom I know will make this voyage, called matrimony, all the way to the end.”
    “Here, here,” the guests said, in chorus, glasses raised.

Sadly, the rumor that reared its ugly, deceitful head on Monday, threaded itself throughout the guests. Murmurs were heard and Erik grew alarmed. Why were they being denied this momentous moment in their lives? Who started this thing and when would it be declared dead and buried?

Perhaps, he should have invited Holly Alto to join them on this occasion. He should seek a time to have her over so Kayleigh could hear it right from her mouth, that she and he were never once an item. Nor were they friends with benefits. In fact, they were, in all actuality, merely acquaintances. But how to tell anyone that without appearing to protest too much?

Kayleigh already seemed less than joyful today, it saddened him. This was her day. First her parents arrived too late to take part in the procession, Hayleigh failed altogether to show up and Regina refused to walk down the aisle. He had thought that Mercedes would spring at the chance to fill-in, but no. She just sat there, mute in her chair. What sort of poison was this? And why​? If he didn't know any better he would call it a dream. More like a nightmare.

Joey called for the cake to be cut, and Erik was glad to flee over to the cake where he hoped things would die down. Still the talk persisted, mostly from the celebrities. Kayleigh beat him over to the cake.
    0emzqIF.jpg

“Careful with that knife, it’s bigger than you are,” Erik cautioned. “It’s serrated, that can do a lot of damage. Here, let me help you.”
    OyuG87M.jpg

“I can handle it just fine,” she retorted. “Back to controlling things, are you?”
    xHW3wCo.jpg

“No, we’re supposed to do this together. It’s tradition.” Her words stung.
    dSz20Dq.jpg

As the First Dance was called for, the two took to the dance floor. Erik gazed lovingly at his Bride, knowing she was hurting over the viciousness of the persistent rumor. How he had stepped out on Kayleigh, with Holly Alto, who was apparently now pregnant with his child, and proposing to him in public the way she had, was only a sign she wanted him to do the right thing by her. How the story has grown as it circulated. Instead, he married Kayleigh. A total and complete slap in the face to Holly and their unborn child. Never mind that he was with Kayleigh, first. What about her feelings? Erik grew nauseous at the vileness of this complete fabrication.

Some of them had attended he learned, despite being invited originally, just to see if he would go through with it. Many of them sided with Holly, even though she denied the alleged affair, too. Laughed in the face of it, in fact.
    “Mrs. Cantrell, Babe, I’m so sorry about all of this. I thought it was over, but it seems to have grown legs. I swear to you, again, I did not do this. I saved myself for you.”
    zaUSYjN.jpg

“I really don’t feel much like dancing, if you don’t mind,” Kayleigh said, after they only circled around once.
    “Okay, if you’re sure.”
    2vlfGbJ.jpg

Trying her best to hold it together, Kayleigh left the dance floor and took a glass of wine from a tray held by a caterer. She was slowly dying inside. This was her wedding, the one she had planned for since she was a little girl. Now, her dream felt shattered. Betrayed by her family and demolished by rumor-mongers. Why​? This was supposed to be one of the happiest days of her life, instead it was turning into a nightmare.
    2Fe7PqQ.jpg

Erik, on the other hand sought a dance partner in the rather petite Flower Girl. “May I have this dance, Lorelei?”
    Pox9QLe.jpg

Upon seeing this sweet gesture, Kayleigh placed her glass back onto a tray and all but tackled her husband. “Erik, I love you so much! I just don’t understand any of this. Tell me, again, it isn’t true.” Erik, in turn, kissed her deeply.
    a7u2aK8.jpg

Breaking apart again, he gazed intently into her large blue eyes. “I love you, too, Kay-Kay. We just need to get beyond this thing. I need you to trust me when I tell you it never happened. Never.”
    “Okay,” she nodded. “I don’t know why, but I just needed to hear you say it again.”

The couple went around chatting with groups of their guests, shaking hands, kissing cheeks and thanking them for sharing their special day. Looking around, Erik spied Father James. He kissed Kayleigh on the cheek and said “I’ll be right back and then we have to go.”

“Father,” Erik hailed. “We have to take off soon to catch our plane. Can I get a Selfie with you?”
    qNuBFBR.jpg
    “Sure, I’d be happy to.”

UAV3LAz.jpg
    XyvF7cZ.jpg

“You two going to be okay? There are some frighteningly vicious things being said. And who is this Holly Alto that keeps getting mentioned?
    “She’s an actress I met at the Starlight Accolades Show. I’ve seen her twice both times at the Show, and hugged her once when she won her first Accolade for Best Performance. Before we ran into her at the Lounge in Tartosa and she jokingly asked me to marry her. And, that’s the extent of our ‘relationship’. Thanks for everything, Father.”
    7CwN0QT.jpg
    “Oh, well that seems like a whole lot of nothing, doesn’t it? I’m relieved, thank you for dispelling that for me. This is why we should never listen to or spread gossip. Take care of that sweet Bride of yours.”
    “I will.”

The two waved at the group of guests who were still partying, even as they left.

One more to come. Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @GalacticGal,
    Poor Kayleigh and Erik. The rumours, the paparazzi and Holly Alto almost derailed the wedding! Thank goodness they didn't!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Final bit for today. Sorry for the many posts!

The Road Forward, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Erik followed Kayleigh aboard the small domestic skiff. Led into the First Class section by the Flight Attendant, Erik stowed their luggage and sat next to his Bride. “I’m so glad to be on our way, at last. Today was so long. I love you, Erik.” Erik smiled at her as she nodded off.

“I love you, too, Kay-Kay. There’s never been anyone but you. I promise you,” he whispered, lightly kissing her cheek.

Kayleigh slept the entire way to Mt. Komorebi. As if she could feel a change in altitude and felt the skiff land, her long eyelashes fluttered. “My, that was a short flight. Are we there already?”
    “Not so short. You slept the entire flight.” Erik just grinned.

After just a few minutes, they debarked. Erik put the luggage, two bags only, onto a levitation grip and from the airport they beamed over to the house he’d rented for their honeymoon.
    “Here, we are, how do you like it?”
    7LAZ6VG.jpg

“It’s cold, do you mind if we go inside?”

Since neither one of them had much to eat during the reception, Kayleigh filled the Hot Pot with the ingredients from a prepackaged meal. Soon the savory aroma of Sukiyaki filled the small rental. Erik came back downstairs from where he placed their baggage. “Um, that smells good.”
    “Join me and let’s eat, I’m starved.”
    “There’s no chair, how do I?”
    “Just stick your feet under the table. It’s nice and warm.”
    “Okay, I should call my folks and let them know we got here safely.”
    P7YX3F9.jpg

“I should do the same. Call my folks.”
    69601zW.jpg

After they ate the two went upstairs. “What do we do now?” Kayleigh said.
    “Go to bed,” Erik said.
    “But I’m wide awake.”
    Erik sat on the top of the bed. “Come on over. I challenge you to a Pillow Fight. I think we could both use a good battle, don’t you? Blow away the cobwebs and hobgoblins that invaded our wedding.”
    “Okay, but fair warning, I beat the feathers out of you the last time.”
    Mntqi8V.jpg
    m8fmb4v.jpg
    Within just moments, laughter filled the air and the two felt rejuvenated.
    qBZOgPZ.jpg
    The battle ceased and Kayleigh gazed at Erik. “You have feathers in your hair! Do you think they’ll charge us for the pillow?”
    “I don’t care, it was fun.”

Erik stood up, and proceeded to pull the covers down on this side of the bed. “And, now, my dear, I propose another game, if you will. It’s beyond time for us to get to know each other.” He grinned.
    3LNQZHA.jpg
    QRJDVMO.jpg
    ckqhhfo.jpg

The weather was far too frigid to go outside, they quickly learned. Even dressed head to toe for it, they found it bitterly uncomfortable outside. So, they stayed in for the duration. Happily, they found a way to entertain themselves, as the sudden snowstorm turned into a wicked blizzard. The city authorities closed the ski slopes.
    k4WsF28.jpg
    jcjP9ai.jpg

Instead of risking getting snowed-in, the two decided to catch the first available skiff home. Feeling unlike herself, Kayleigh decided it wise to seek why.
    nmGAS9z.jpg

The good thing about being in the 23rd century was that the pregnancy tests could be taken within a day or two of woohoo. She found herself shocked as she stared at the little stick.
    ZVG7BN5.jpg
    09hhjGk.jpg

And then shock turned to delight. “Yes!”
    G26F0e4.jpg

Running out of the itty-bitty lavatory, she found Erik.
    “I’ve got news. You are not going to believe this.”
    uazfBJ6.jpg

“I’m pregnant!”
    k07HGYO.jpg

“Already? Babe, that’s fantastic! Oh, I can’t wait. Is it a girl or a boy? I can’t believe this.”
    “Believe it,” Kayleigh said.
    DVrynwZ.jpg

Erik’s phone pinged. “Ah, that’s our flight. Time to go home.”

All for now. Thanks for reading. :)
  • Options
    One of my toddlers was taken due to neglect! Naturally I quit without saving because I did NOT want that to happen. But it was rather a nasty surprise. I’ve not had it happen before.

I'm very surprised they only took the one child. Back in Sims2, I lost my set of twins, their younger Toddler sister, when only one of the twins got stuck on the sidewalk and kept missing school. :open_mouth: Also, in Sims3, during my Legacy Challenge game, the Dad sat on the floor to teach their first child a Toddler to talk. the Toddler could never get off the floor again. The mom couldn't rescue the Toddler, either. They had an infant son, too. The SS, I mean the Social Worker came and easily removed the Toddler (where were you three sim days ago to free this child?) and then she took the baby, too. The parents were beside themselves with grief.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @LilNerdySimmers , great time at pier! great pics :)

@mightysprite , That was fun winter fest :) Cool gift, computer.

@HillyBeth , lovely picture of them in front of the house <3 Congrats for twins and star and next family addon/s :)

@Lucy_Henley , ouch, have had that happened last in TS2and toddler challenge. Glad you did not save.

@ChuChuExpress , it was time to make the household less busy (moving out) ? :smiley:

@GalacticGal , lovely wedding, eventually after nasty rumours....... again ;) Lets hope this will be their final wedding, if renewing vowes dont count in the future :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top