Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens Stole My Alien Parents

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @luciusstorm
    Oh there's another twist coming
    I don't mean a twist like "we don't all end up with our high school sweethearts," I mean a twist even I can't figure out. Like, a second one.
    gen3-banner.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Woop woop new chapter time!
    Kevin rocking that dress! Ahh darn, what's not to trust about poor Mara? Seems things are not going great for her right now...though her pranking the whiteboard was great. Love that weird monster thing picking its nose XD
    they/them or she/her
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,652 Member
    @Mightysprite I'm just getting caught up here. Mara is learning that teen life on earth is a maze of awkward moments, learning moments, times where you want to crawl in a hole and die, fun, and friends. Cassandra is the perfect ride or die sidekick for Mara, but I feel she's really more like a soulmate.😉 I'm keeping my fingers crossed love will show them the way.
    awkward moments, learning moments, times where you want to crawl in a hole and die, fun, and friends

Yes! I love this <3 Thanks for reading @DaniRose2143
    gen3-banner.png
    Day 9 - Firsts

On Monday, Cassandra wasn't at school. But some new kids were. Mara met Darling and Sofia, and they were friendly enough. Darling even had a mischievous streak to match Gemma's. They weren't Mara's OG squad, but they were pretty cool.
    01-new-friends-darling-and-sofia.png

Feeling a little itchy for some trouble, Mara decided to have lunch with the principal
    "Hey, Principal Prescott! That's a cool game! Have you gotten to level 16 yet?"
    02-principal-lunch1.png

"What... what game? This is important school district business, young lady! And didn't I just hear the bell ring moments ago?"
    03-principal-lunch2.png

"Why, you did hear the bell ring moments ago! What does that mean for me?"
    "I'm not even in the mood to give out a detention slip. Go to class," said the principal, getting right back to her game.
    Mara felt a little disappointed that after so much mischief she has yet to get in trouble and be sent to detention... (Really. I'm stuck on that part of the aspiration)

Mara arrived in class and got ready to sit down, gradually
    First, the Green Academic look had to be promoted
    04-promote-look.png

A Green Academic in her natural studious habitat
    05-green-academic.png

Oh, right, better get some real studious activity done too...

Rohan came over after school.
    "Wanna hear a secret about the principal? Guess what she does on her lunch break!"
    06-secret-about-principal1.png

"You didn't even get detention?"
    "No! She was too wrapped up in her game to bother! I waltzed into class late and posted some pictures on the way to my desk!"
    "Wow. I don't know whether to be impressed or scared. I would never be that brave in front of the principal ever."
    07-secret-about-principal2.png

Their conversation turned into a date. Mara's first.

Where do you go on a date with a loner?

A bench with no one else around isn't bad

08-date-with-loner1.png

A sofa, while your little brother is otherwise distracted, isn't bad either

major-crush.png

Mara asked about Rohan's romantic interests. She was delighted to discover he thinks he likes girls, and is still exploring.

rohan-interests.png

He was so shy but open-minded. He'd never minded her unusual qualities, in fact, he seemed to enjoy them. And that awkward expression when he told her he likes girls... one eye closed and one eye open, as if he had been about to look into her eyes and then gotten scared.

Mara suddenly realized she had a major crush on Rohan.

It was time to say goodnight.
    10-goodnight.png

Mara nervously detained him at the door
    11-goodnight2.png

There were no angels bursting forth from the sky with singing and trumpets, as she'd half imagined in her romantic dreams. No great bursts of light. No one swooned. Not that she was completely sure what swooning entailed, exactly.
    His mouth was warm, softer than she'd imagined, with the beginnings of stubble scratchy on his chin. She could hear him breathing and feel the gently rush of his breath against her face. His sweatshirt smelled of autumn air, distant wood smoke, and a little like sweat. Like this town. Like himself. It felt comforting.
    They stepped apart, and smiled at each other, feeling a little short of words, but content anyway.

As Rohan was leaving, Oliver bounced in, with Toru the librarian in tow.
    "You and the librarian are hanging out now?"
    "Guess what! I'm getting A's in school!"
    oliver-grade-a.png

"Oliver, that doesn't surprise anyone. I mean, nice job. Dads will be proud when they get back."
    While Oliver spontaneously did the dishes, Toru gave Mara a bit of a talking-to.
    12-talking-to.png

It seems word of Mara's exploits is starting to get around.
    uh-oh-librarian-disapproves.png

Well, hey. If I'm a bad girl, I might as well be a bad girl with style, thought Mara.
    (And maybe a bad girl with a cute boyfriend? She tried to remember what you were supposed to do to become girlfriend and boyfriend. Were there rules anywhere?)

As Mara got into bed, she thought of ideas for Winterfest tomorrow. Maybe she could replace these cots, for one. Wow, an opportunity for presents was coming and her first thought was of more comfortable furniture. Oh no! Was she getting old and boring? Being the head of household certainly can change a person.
    13-winterfest-ideas.png

gen3-banner.png
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @mightysprite, interesting developments. I wonder why she can't seem to get in trouble.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    @mightysprite I got a good laugh out of Mara thinking she’s getting old and boring.🤣
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Good job Oliver. I don’t think Mara could be boring if she tried ;)
    Haha teens do worry about the strangest things sometimes, don't they XD
    Thanks for reading and commenting @luciusstorm @DaniRose2143 @NRowe :)
    gen3-banner.png
    Day 10 - A Merry Mystery

It was Mara and Oliver's first time experiencing an Earth Winterfest. Mara decided to bake some Winterfest cookies and take them to her best friends' homes.

She hates cooking, and this was her first time using the oven, but she really wanted her friends to enjoy eating them and she tried really hard. They came out okay.

"Wow, your house is really beautiful!" Mara said to Gemma.
    "It's sort of embarrassing," Gemma said. "We inherited it all. Plus, I think Grandma only had one of these chairs to begin with and then Duplicatoed the rest of the set."
    01-visit-charms-beautiful-house.png

Gemma's roommate Emilia introduced herself to Mara and Oliver. She was engaged to Gemma's brother.
    "You seem so sweet and polite compared to the rest of the family," said Mara.
    "Yeah, she's kind of the black sheep of our family," Gemma said.
    02-charms-emilia-is-weird.png

Next they took cookies over to the Goths.
    This house was really beautiful too.
    03-goths-beautiful-house.png

Cassandra's parents were rather icy toward aliens. It was uncomfortable. Cassandra wasn't saying much.
    --No wonder you didn't want to invite me over before, Mara texted Cassandra under the table.
    But Cassandra didn't have her phone on her.
    04-goths-mara-is-weird.png

Mara extricated herself as soon as she could.

Extricating Oliver from his chess game with Alexander was harder.
    05-goths-oliver-and-alexander.png

"Aw, we weren't done! He seemed so nice!" Oliver protested as they left.
    "I don't think he's as nice as you think, judging by how he was trying to cheat," Mara observed.

The kids gave each other gifts.
    Mara did get new beds. Bunk beds, which she hoped Oliver would get a kick out of. And if he slept in the upper bunk, there would be no more monster nonsense, she thought to herself.
    08-gifts-beds.png

Oliver had to ask Mara for a few simoleons to buy her present.
    06-gifts-clock.png

"It's... a clock," said Mara.
    "Don't you think it's cute?" asked Oliver.
    Mara was about to make a rude remark, but she saw how hopeful Oliver looked. "It's super cute," she said. "I love it. Okay, now come to the upstairs porch and see what I got you."

07-science-gift.png
    "Whoa!" Oliver exclaimed. "I'm not allowed to touch any of this stuff at school!"
    "Sixa kids are supposed to start much earlier than these slacker Earth kids when it comes to science. Your teachers are much too worried about what if you break something, and not worried enough about what happens to you if you never break anything. I have to keep you from falling behind."
    Oliver spent a long time with the science set that night.

Mara's favorite present was from Father Winter.
    09-gifts-father-winter.png
    luck-or-is-it.png
    What a lucky gift!
    Or was it only luck?
    "Wow, thanks!" said Mara to Father Winter.
    "Someone gave me a tip that this might be helpful in your life," said Father Winter.
    "Someone who?" Mara asked.
    "I can't say anything else," said Father Winter. "Except that you might also want to check your mailbox."
    "My mailbox? I never get any mail except bills and notifications that people I don't know have adopted cats."
    "You might want to check your mailbox. See you later," said Father Winter and disappeared into the fireplace.

Sure enough, there was a strange package in there.
    mail1.png

Dad?

There was no note, no explanation. Just "From Sovey Zeezoob" on the outside of the package.

Mara opened it up. It was a large painting. Not really to her taste, more like something that belonged in the Goths' house.
    But somehow, it was connected to her dads.
    She hung it over the fireplace.
    painting.png

It had been a fun, if mysterious, holiday.
    Oh, wait.
    School tomorrow.
    They were exhausted but there was still homework to do.
    "I already did mine yesterday," said Oliver without looking up from his science set.
    Of course he did.
    Mara looked in the fridge. Hey, there was a new beverage in there! Is this from Father Winter too?
    new-quick-meal.png

Mara took a sip and felt VERY READY TO DO HOMEWORK
    new-quick-meal2.png

Maybe there was something questionable about this drink, but she didn't care.
    This was definitely a fun holiday.
    10-good-holiday-oh-time-for-homework.png
    gen3-banner.png
    Ooh! !
    Aww a present from the dads ;-; Bless Oliver trying to find Mara a nice present for Winterfest! UGH at the Goths for being so awful towards them!
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks @SnowBnuuy :)
    Well, the Goths at least have some rationale for possibly not liking aliens so much anymore, I suppose.
    gen3-banner.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Pretty good haul! Such a mystery about the painting…
    @mightysprite Father Winter was very generous. Mara shouldn't worry too much about the drink. Sure it showed up mysteriously, late at night, but it's vegetarian-safe so it must be harmless...right?🤔 So sad that the Bella and Mortimer have a problem with Mara being an alien.
    @DaniRose2143 I wonder if that drink came with the werewolves pack actually?
    gen3-banner.png
    edited October 2022
    @mightysprite The howling wolf on the can makes think you’re right. I’ve never seen it in my game but if I’m with my sims I never let them eat quick meals. I’m scared they’ll get the explosive cereal bowl of death.
    edited October 2022
    Day 11

Will no one buy this extremely stylish Green Academic outfit?
    01-will-no-one-buy.png

Mara is having trouble selling an outfit, for the first time. At least it makes for a charming business headshot.

Thursday was not a very eventful day, mostly because Mara went to school without me, so that Oliver could stay home and do science all day. His birthday is tomorrow so this is our last day to finish the child aspiration required by the scenario
    Science ALL DAY
    02-science-all-day.png

Okay, science and whatevering on the computer ALL DAY
    03-science-and-computers-desk.png

I got him the night owl trait in a last-ditch effort to speed him up. Baby's first all-nighter...
    05-babys-first-all-nighter.png

...not without success!
    06-not-without-success.png

Yes! We might make it through this scenario after all!

Stay tuned for Friday though, a lot happened on Friday.

(Edit: I just noticed the typo in the notification text in that last picture. That's a funny one. Somehow I hope they never fix it.)
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite Congrats to Oliver! We will be eagerly awaiting Friday Funday...hopefully it was a fun day.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @mightysprite, congrats Oliver... Maybe it's just me but I've always found the children's aspirations to be surprisingly difficult to achieve.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Thanks @NRowe @DaniRose2143 @luciusstorm :)
    I think the difficulty depends on lifespan and whether or not you use cheats (or reward traits) to avoid spending time on taking care of needs. On normal lifespan without cheats or needs-related reward traits, only some of my kiddos complete their aspirations before becoming teens. To me that feels just fine. I'm okay with a world in which not every child is gifted :)

gen3-banner.png
    Day 12

Friday morning, right out of the gate:
    "Ooh, look at the smelly alien who had to shower and change at school."
    "Get out of my way."
    01-w-intimidates-m.png

"What happened, couldn't figure out the Earth plumbing at home?"
    "I was working out, you monster, because I look forward to taking you down. Maybe later today. Watch out."
    02-m-intimidates-w.png

He flinched and got out of Mara's way.

It was exam day. This time, the other students had to take the exam as well instead of just staring into space at their desks. It felt more fair.
    03-exams-everyone-this-time.png

At lunchtime, Mara noticed that the other students seemed chilly. Some were blue. And not because they had that lovely skintone naturally. It was cold outside and no one had thought to turn the heat on.

This is Mara saving everyone's life. Not that they have any idea.
    04-mara-saves-everyones-life-not-that-they-know-it.png

The hall started to fill up. There was Ava Harjo the lunch lady heading in for her shift. And there was Wolfgang, picking on her. Something about her clothes.
    05-w-insults-a.png

Mara expected the lady to yell at Wolfgang like any teacher would, but instead she sort of started to crumple. Mara was a little disgusted with both of them... but she knew which one deserved to be beaten up. Right then.
    06-m-sticks-up.png

fight.png

07-fight1.png

"That was amazing!" said Darling.
    08-fight2.png

"Check out the photos I got! Alien beats up school bully while wearing stunning black dress! Hey, why so sad?"
    09-fight3-photos.png

"I kinda feel guilty."
    "Don't. He deserved it. Some people just need one good punch and then they'll leave you alone."

That afternoon, Mara encountered an unexpected question on her Language Arts exam. She was doing okay speaking Simlish, but sometimes the grammar was completely unpredictable to her. What was a participle again?
    ace-exam1.png

She made something up.
    It worked! Mara has learned a valuable lesson today in trusting her gut.
    Sometimes your gut is all you've got.
    ace-exam2-valuable-lesson.png

Mara got home and learned that her outfit Green Academic had still not sold. Was she losing her touch?
    There was also a date invite though, from Rohan!
    12-green-academic-still-didnt-sell-but-date-invite.png

Where do you take a loner on a date, besides a deserted bench, or your house?
    You can take a loner to a karaoke bar that has private rooms!
    You can even sit in separate seats if your date needs to.
    13-date-loner-1.png

Maybe your date won't need to for very long.
    14-date-loner-2.png

They sang songs. Badly. That can be fun too.
    karaoke.png

They made plans for Winter Formal coming up tomorrow night
    karaoke-prom-yes.png

Their room was invaded by some guy and his dog.
    "Uurgh," said Rohan.
    "Just ignore them and they will go away," said Mara. "AND I HOPE THEY DO SOON, BECAUSE THIS ONE IS STANDING A LITTLE BIT TOO CLOSE."
    15-date-loner-3.png

They went away.
    Giggling, Mara and Rohan sang another song. Mara went all pink and glowy. It was a fun date.
    16-date-loner-4.png

Oliver's birthday party was that night. Mara was excited about giving him a fun party. Cassandra came over to help get ready.
    "That cake is so cute! And look at you being all domestic in the kitchen! I thought you hated cooking?"
    16-party-prep-extra.png

"I hate it with the violence of a million meteors. But I love my brother."
    "Those cookies you brought over for Winterfest weren't bad."
    "I don't get it, what was going on with your parents that day? What was going on with you?"
    17-party-prep1.png

"My parents aren't so big on aliens. I'm sorry. I was trying to shield you and I guess I should have prepared you better instead. I don't even really know the whole story there."
    Mara sighed. "At least you see me differently."
    "You're hard to miss. Great dress, by the way. You look gorgeous."
    18-party-prep-compliment.png

Wow! Mara went all pink and glowy for the second time in one afternoon.

"Um, how are things with Kiyoshi?" Mara asked, trying to sound casual.
    Cassandra's expression clouded over.
    party-havent-met.png

Mara was baffled.
    I was very, very baffled.
    "Well, Kiyoshi is invited to this party and he'll be here any--"
    "I have to go to the bathroom," Cassandra said and scurried upstairs.

As completely weird as that conversation turned out to be, it was shaping up to be a fun party
    Everyone danced
    19-party-dancing.png

Oliver aged up to a cheerful, geeky, slightly pudgy teen. (Just like I was hoping.) His new trait is Geek and his aspiration is Goal Oriented.
    20-party-oliver-teen.png

And all of a sudden
    party-scenario-complete.png

Huh?!
    I wasn't done!
    I did not realize that Oliver aging up would cause the scenario to end.

I guess we lost.
    But I have to say, I never would have won a scenario where you have to earn 15,000 simoleons in the length of time of a child life stage on normal lifespan, without resorting to gardening or painting.

So let's keep going, shall we?
    The remaining scenario goals are: Earn S15,000, and teen gets A in high school.
    And I'm not done with their story yet.

I mean, if aliens steal your parents, they don't just return them because you get older, do they?

Back to the party! Everyone is eating and having a good time. Cassandra and Kiyoshi aren't speaking.
    21-party-eating.png

Every party on Sixam has a couple of grandpas who sit in a corner, watch the youngsters dance, and maunder on about the old days. Mara invited Mr. Lum and Father Winter hoping that they would fill this role. They did not disappoint.
    22-party-tai-and-father-winter.png

Mara and Sidney bonded a little more
    party-mara-and-sidney-bonded.png

Mara wondered if maybe the reason Cassandra wasn't getting along with Kiyoshi might be that Cassandra had feelings for someone else?
    You look gorgeous
    It was suddenly clear to Mara that she had to tell Cassandra about her crush. Maybe it would help Cassandra with whatever was going on. Of course it would help! It might be awkward for a minute but don't friends always tell each other the truth? It was just on the tip of her tongue when--
    party-on-tip-of-tongue-to-reveal-crush.png

"You look cute when you glow pink like that," said Kiyoshi.
    That's odd, Mara thought. Cassandra doesn't glow.
    Cassandra stared straight ahead.
    23-party-kiyoshi-flirts.png

Mara turned around and saw Kiyoshi's movie-star face winking at her. Not Cassandra. Her.
    Her stomach dropped. For a moment she thought she'd have to make a mad dash for the bathroom
    24-party-awkward.png

She didn't get more than a few steps when Cassandra grabbed her
    "You can't do that! I can't believe you!"
    "I wasn't the one who did it!"
    "You encouraged him!"
    "Hey, I think everyone here could take a deep breath and chill," said Yuki.
    27-party-you-cant-do-that.png

"Cassandra, I have your back no matter what, you have to know that--"
    "I've had enough! I can't be around either of you right now!"
    28-party-push-away.png

She stormed out.
    Mara was going to go after her but she was distracted by Rohan and Kaori, who seemed to be sharing a moment by the door. It looked like an intense and very personal conversation.
    25-party-rohan-and-kaori.png

Mara felt lonely and sad. But it was her brother's night. She put a smile on her face and danced the night away.

gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite Good for Mara standing up to Wolfgang. Too bad it came to that though. I like the way she handled the stranger invading her space. I feel like there's something else that caused Cassandra's outburst. I have a theory, and if the story goes on long enough, it may be true...or not.🤔
    I feel like Cassandra was upset because she felt Mara encouraged the flirting, and secretly wished Mara had flirted with her instead. Maybe Cassie feels something, but she's not sure she's ready to say it out loud. That inner turmoil and a moment of jealousy boiled over.
    @DaniRose2143
    I like that idea. That's pretty insightful.
    I might just have to adopt your idea along with another reason I have in mind. They could both be true.
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite
    Sounds exciting!
    edited October 2022
    Woop woop more chapters!
    Congrats Oliver, on...becoming 'an' brilliant child! XD I missed the notification typo before you pointed it out.
    I hope Mara punches that guy. She's trying to do school and look after her brother and everything else, give her a break blond dude! Omg yes she sparked him out, amazing XD I agree with DaniRose's theory on Cassandra. I'm glad you're carrying on with the story even after completing the scenario!
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her