Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Months of the Year Legacy Challenge!

A ten generation legacy challenge all based on the months of the year! (I know that there’s twelve months in a year but just wait) Made by @candlesundae
Basic rules:

Must have one heir each generation (obviously) but doesn’t have to be biological unless specifically stated so
Use whatever cheats that would make this challenge fun for you, but I would recommend minimal cheating :)
Live wherever you’d like! Move lots whenever you want
Try and complete each of the generation rules, but if you don’t quite make it, you don’t have to “fail” the challenge!
Play on whatever lifespan you want
Use the tag ‘months legacy’ if you do end up posting :)
If you play this challenge, make sure you let me know because I’d love to see! You can @candlesundae me and I’d be happy to check it out
Generation 1: January

It’s a new year, and that calls for a fresh start! You’ve just moved into a new town, with no friends, and no family, but you want to change that. All you want is to be happy and to make others happy. You really want this year to be more successful than the last, and you’re going to do everything to make it great!

Traits: Cheerful, Good, and Family Orientated

Aspiration: Friend of the World

Career: Business

Rules:

Have two or more kids (with the same sim)
Max Charisma Skill
Complete Friend of the World aspiration
Get to level 5 of the Business career or higher (recommended to go into Management branch if you get that far)
Generation 2: February

Now’s the time for love, especially for your special valentine. You’ve always wanted to find your soulmate, but it was always difficult for you. Even though you didn’t have a lover, you always had a special place in your heart for the arts. You always had a wild imagination and let it flow through painting. You also loved being outside, dreaming about your secret crush.

Traits: Creative, Unflirty (if you don’t have City Living try Jealous), and Loves the Outdoors

Aspiration: Soulmate

Career: Painter

Rules:

Have a “crush” in high school or romantic interest, but don’t become girlfriend or boyfriend
Once you become a YA fall in love with a different sim and now can make it official and be bf/gf
Max Painting skill
Complete Soulmate aspiration
Get to at least level 3 of the Painter career or higher (recommended to go into Master of the Real branch if you get that far)
Generation 3: March

You have always seemed to have the best luck ever. You’re successful in your career, and want to earn lots o’ cash by the end of your life. You are career driven and you don’t have time for family, but you are always up for hanging with friends. You know your priorities, and you know you’ll always get what you want.

Traits: Outgoing, Ambitious, and Materialistic

Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Career: Tech Guru

Rules:

Have a childhood best friend that you stay best friends with until you are an adult
Get a part-time job as a teen
Max Programming skill
Complete Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
Get to level 7 in the Start Up Entrepreneur branch of the Tech Guru career
Don’t have kids until you are an adult
Generation 4: April

It’s always so rainy inside. Well, not literally, but that’s how you feel. You don’t have many friends, and feel plain out gloomy. You like to stay indoors most of the time, and can’t stand it when there’s eww, bugs. Your parents really don’t seem to care about you or your siblings all that much, but you didn’t mind. You’d rather sit in your room and write books.

Traits: Loner, Gloomy, and Squeamish (if you don’t have Outdoor Retreat try Perfectionist)

Aspiration: Bestselling Author

Career: Writer

Rules:

Have a diary as a kid (if you don’t have Parenthood skip this step)
Finish the first step in the Bestselling Author aspiration as a teen
Max Writing skill
Get to level 6 in the Author branch in the Writer career
Generation 5: May

You grew up in a quiet household, but you. are. so. LOUD! You wear wild clothes, love to party, and just love to yell bleep bleep bleep bleep. You are a bit sassy, but everyone kind of goes along with it. You don’t really want a family, but things happen and times get crazy, just like you.

Traits: Goofball, Dance Machine (if you don’t have Get Together try Insane), and Noncommital

Aspiration: Party Animal

Career: Secret Agent, Entertainer, and Criminal (for when your sim gets tired of their job, here are the options)

Rules:

Complete Party Animal aspiration
Max Comedy skill and Dance skill (if you don’t have Get Together just skip this step)
Have broken up with at least two boyfriends or girlfriends in your life
Be a single mother/father of triplets (can be cheated for)
Generation 6: Summer (one of the June, July, and August triplets)

There’s a 104 days of summer vacation and school comes along just to end it. The annual problem of this generation is finding just one way to spend it. There’s so many things to do, how could you possibly choose just one? You love to have a little silly fun, and are a little bit messy sometimes, but you have the best time ever. You want to try everything, but still have a steady yet awesome career, unlike your mom/dad.

Traits: Slob, Childish, and Bro

Aspiration: Chief of Mischief

Career: Astronaut

Rules:

Get through milestone l and ll of the Chief of Mischief aspiration
Get level 2 in ALL skills (even as a child)
Build your own rocket and go to space
Get to at least 4 in the Astronaut career or higher (recommended to go into Interstellar Smuggler branch if you get that far)
Generation 7: September

You always thought your family was crazy. You always wondered if all of your ancestors were like this, or if it was just your parents and their’s. You wish you knew more about your family history. You love to know about the past, and like collecting rocks in your spare time. You’d much rather study animals than eat them, so you always keep away from meat. You are a smart cookie and have all A’s in school. You always have been curious about the complex design of each and every sim. One day you want to something great for the world.

Traits: Genius, Vegetarian (if you don’t have City Living try Bookworm, and try not to eat food with meat), and Geek

Aspiration: The Curator

Career: Doctor (if you don’t have Get to Work, be in the Culinary career)

Rules:

Complete the Fossil Collection
Get to Logic skill level 5
Get to level 4 of the Doctor career or higher
Complete the Curator aspiration
Have a room in your house dedicated to your fossil collection
Generation 8: October

You always thought your parents were weird, but they’d say you’re the weird one. You love to scare people, eat candy, and wear strange makeup or clothes. Your friends say you’re a clown, well, your imaginary friends, you don’t have many real ones because of your…interesting…personality. You need to make money somehow, so you do it the best way you can, by stealing. You do have some living friends, and they are fish! Always remember, fish are friends, not food.

Traits: Insane, Kleptomaniac, and Hot-Headed

Aspiration: Angling Ace

Career: None

Rules:

Wear strange outfits/makeup
Steal for money (by having a good mischief skill)
Catch fish and either put them in a bowl or mount them
When you catch a fish type you already have you can sell it
Max the Fishing skill
Complete Angling Ace aspiration
Have a butler to take care of your children (if you don’t have Vintage Glamour, just have a sim in your household that’s the “butler”)
Generation 9: November

You feel as though the past generations have been pretty wonky. You want to be the change that this legacy needs. All you want is to start a crisp new life, even though you are thankful for all the good things you have now. You loved the butler and always wanted to be like them. You helped the butler clean as a kid and learned how to take care of yourself for the most part. You make sure to stay fit, and made a career out of it. You want to give your family a life that you never had.

Traits: Neat, Active, and Self-Assured

Aspiration: Big Happy Family

Career: Athlete

Rules:

Max Fitness Skill
Get to level 5 of the cooking skill
Get to level 5 of the Bodybuilder branch of the Athlete career or higher
Complete Big Happy Family Aspiration
Do most of the cleaning and cooking
Live with the heir until you die
Generation 10: December

You lived your life with everything being done for you. Your parents did all of the cleaning and cooking, so you never had to lift a finger. You love your parents to the moon and back. You grew up to be quite a couch potato though. All you ever did was listen to songs and play them too. You love music. You can sing, play the keyboard, and guitar, and even the violin. Music lights the soul and makes any spirit bright. What fun it is to ride and sing, even if you mess up sometimes.

Traits: Lazy, Music Lover, and Clumsy

Aspiration: Musical Genius

Career: None

Rules:

Be best friends with your mom or dad
Make all of your money by busking for tips
Max a skill on an instrument
Complete the Musical Genius aspiration
I had a really fun time making this challenge, and I hope that all that choose to play have a fun time doing it! Happy Simming!

-Love, Em

Comments

• ThelostsimmerThelostsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Do you need to make for every generation a new sim? Because thats something I dont get or is it that you have to life further with the childs of the generation before (example: generation 1 January gets a child and that is generation 2 February those gets a child and thats generation 3 march) i really wnat to know :)
  • candlesundaecandlesundae Posts: 38 Member
    Do you need to make for every generation a new sim? Because thats something I dont get or is it that you have to life further with the childs of the generation before (example: generation 1 January gets a child and that is generation 2 February those gets a child and thats generation 3 march) i really wnat to know :)

You can play which ever way you'd like to, but most legacy challenges in general continue through generations (to keep it a legacy of your first sim) like you showed in your example :)
  • simster29simster29 Posts: 1 New Member
    with each generation we move them into a new house?? except for generation 9 since they live with the heir until death??
    simster29 wrote: »
    with each generation we move them into a new house?? except for generation 9 since they live with the heir until death??

Housing situations can be whatever you would like! You can move as many or as little times as you wish and to wherever you please. Some people like to play like a strict legacy where you improve one lot through the generations, but I personally like to move about. For the last gens you just have to have them in the same household until they die instead of moving them out :)
  • MaxSunsparkMaxSunspark Posts: 1 New Member
    Christmas in the sims comes along, I romance clement, woohoo, she’s eating for two.
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    Love this! Gonna spice up my gameplay! Permission to tweek with new pack details since 2019?
    pameler417 wrote: »
    Love this! Gonna spice up my gameplay! Permission to tweek with new pack details since 2019?

Yes of course! At the end of the day the challenge is for you to have fun with.