Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »
    Sims official merch store on Threadless has closed down.

https://thesims.threadless.com

Okay this stinks since I got a nice shirt and a posh tote bag from them. Will there be a replacement because I think one Sims 4 shirt isn't really enough for me.

I know. I have a purple Sim hula girl tee that I love, and went back to find a sweatshirt. It was there a month or so ago, so it’s been recently closed.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope it's starting tomorrow for us to wait in 18 days for The Sims Summit
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,835 Member
    I can tell for sure they won't announce more masculine content for male sims :p

They promised a big announcement. As it is now, any male CAS content worth getting excited about could be considered big news.🙃
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards it being talk about TS4 going free to play (and why) and the upcoming roadmap and possibly some more inclusive things being added to the basegame.

Or maybe some big (or more appropriately "big in their eyes") basegame update.

They could also be collaborating with some big company again and need to hype that up.

And knowing how they like to hype everything to the max and then when we actually find out, we're all like "Really? This was what all the hype was for?" (Which just gets some people overly excited about all these great things they imagine it could be only to be disappointed for what it really is).

From a PR standpoint, the hype DOES get people talking and/or obsessing about it though.

But for me, as always ...... my expectations for "Big News" is wayyyyyyy downnnn lowwww.

What I'm not expecting to hear about (which are all things I'd be super excited about):
    • Free'd Babies
    • Cars
    • Swimming in All Worlds
    • Some type of CAW or Editable World Capabilities
    • Buildable Apartments
    • Official TS5 Announcement
  • Options
    The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards it being talk about TS4 going free to play (and why) and the upcoming roadmap and possibly some more inclusive things being added to the basegame.

They could also be collaborating with some big company again and need to hype that up.

And knowing how they like to hype everything to the max and then when we actually find out, we're all like "Really? This was what all the hype was for?" (Which just gets some people overly excited about all these great things they imagine it could be only to be disappointed for what it really is).

From a PR standpoint, the hype DOES get people talking and/or obsessing about it though.

But for me, as always ...... my expectations for "Big News" is wayyyyyyy downnnn lowwww.

What I'm not expecting to hear about (which are all things I'd be super excited about):
    • Free'd Babies
    • Cars
    • Swimming in All Worlds
    • Buildable Apartments
    I better hope not to see more kits being featured in the next and last roadmap of 2022 or else we'll never ever wanna see a stuff pack and an expansion pack for real though
  • Options
    Y'all! I hope the dates from October is not allowed to confused me, so I would suggest that stuff pack 19 needs to make a come back this year before 2022 will end
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I predict a collaboration with some brand or celebrity unknown to anyone over 16.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Maybe it'll include a new pack with a new world. 🤔 SimGuruNova has changed her Twitter location to Redactedville.

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I predict a collaboration with some brand or celebrity unknown to anyone over 16.

I still have no idea who baby Ariel is.
  • Options
    Maybe it'll include a new pack with a new world. 🤔 SimGuruNova has changed her Twitter location to Redactedville.

Maybe like Musicville, Songsville, Vocalville, whatever it is, cause I want my R&B radio station before 2022 is over
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    Didn't SimGuruNinja use Redacted as profile update once? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Didn't SimGuruNinja use Redacted as profile update once? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

They've used redacted as a way to tease since Strangerville pack.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited October 2022

• Free'd Babies
    • Cars
    • Swimming in All Worlds
    • Buildable Apartments

In my opinion, they need to win back the trust for people who have played their game already for a while, because if they will focus on a new market (people who don't have the game) they will divide their player base who is already pretty divided, market the game being free to play to us who already own and play the game is pointless. I don't think a lot of people will care either if they rebrand the game again to make it seem fresh and new, when we know it isn't.

It feels like the latest wants and fears update also left a lot of people not happy, so the last thing people want is another big update that messes things up and frankly, I'm not sure how effective their marketing about talking about how inclusive they are will work for them either when they already have the pronouns update for the other languages left to complete in their backlog.

They actually have to start showing some actual development and new content besides just pretty words and visuals, otherwise I don't think this will work out.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I think it will be some or all of the below:

Free to Play - go into more detail about why they made this decision (without saying money) and why it’s a good thing for the game.

Celebrity Sim - some small celebrity endorsement to help get more new players to try it out on free launch.

Something about Diversity - maybe a video or some comments. Perhaps a new feature but probably not.

Some small gift - something to celebrate the community along the lines of when we got a hot tub or pride flags etc.

A new Sims 4 pack, refresh or kit possibly multiple - announcing what is next, and maybe a roadmap of sorts.

Announcing a new Sims project - Either Sims 5 or something spin off from Sims 4 like Medieval etc.

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    My strategy on this is to just forget about it and get reminded when it actually happens. That way I won't waste time or energy pondering or wondering, and whatever it turns out to be, won't disappoint.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

They've used redacted as a way to tease since Strangerville pack.

@crocobaura That's what I thought, thank you.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    After Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage, Inside Maxis, Sims 411 ... Behind The Sims will announce the new names of the livestreams :p

• Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member
    So there’s no sims 5 coming I guess xD
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I'm so disgusted with all the bugs that I frankly don't care what they have to say. A long tease just makes me not interested. I was curious when they first announced this but now? Meh. Don't really care anymore, not since I've been fighting bugs since the awful July patch.

All I want is them to fix the bugs, gah. If the announcement is that they're going to stop pushing out half baked packs and instead will focus on refreshing and repairing? I will be one very happy girl.
  • Options
    trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future. We’ll be sharing more about what’s in the works during a special-edition stream, Behind The Sims Summit on October 18, 2022 at 10 am PDT via The Sims YouTube and Twitch channels, also available on demand!

Do you work for EA?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    With the major bugs still not on the new laundry list, one might think the aim of announcing a Sims 4 Summit so early on might have been distraction.

Whatever it is, most Simmers will be speculating until the Summit and afterwards, there will be plenty to discuss about whether it was worth the wait. That's less time left to criticize game bugs and "I was hoping for something else/better/more exiting to be announced" is way better for them than players and even game changers shouting them out for releasing severly broken packs/features and not fixing them for months afterwards.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    EA told about new upcoming Star Wars untitled games so Maxis will announce 3 Star Wars EP based on the first trilogy similar to Lego Star Wars :p

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am so not happy with the ongoing issues not being fixed that I can't seem to feel any excitement or anticipation for the summit. This is unusual for me, as I always get excited over news. Difficult to get excited when you feel that you are unable to enjoy playing because of immersion breaking problems. Maybe I will regain my excitement if/when it is fixed and I can begin to play and enjoy it again, which I hope happens soon, but seeing laundry list for next patch didn't give me confidence that fixes I want will be anytime soon.