Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Aw, they are so cute! I love the wild hair on Clover. Hehee, they learn what sounds mean food real quick, don't they? I had a guinea pig years ago and I remember her getting all kinds of squeaky over the snacks bag, too.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
    New chapter! Apologies if there's many typos remaining, we played D&D all weekend and my brain is soup. Take care everyone!

fldwUQM.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Ha! Bet you didn't think I'd be back so soon! ๐Ÿ˜†

cI9LZOW.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ooh, lots of lovely screenshots! Not sure if I entirely understood this wordless chapter but maybe I should reread. Other readers will probably understand much more than me :D:D
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ooh, lots of lovely screenshots! Not sure if I entirely understood this wordless chapter but maybe I should reread. Other readers will probably understand much more than me :D:D

@Lucy_Henley
    Haha, it's meant as a bit of a time skip, with pictures of what everyone is up to during the month. Guinevere helping refugees, Arthur and Morgana doing court/war council things, Gawain getting a letter from Elyan, Lance playing chess, Guin learning things from Gaius and getting her own house. It felt better without text, so I left it out ๐Ÿ˜† The last scene picks up at the end of the time skip, with Morgana leaving during the full moon and Gawain giving chase. Hope this helped!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ah, thank you! Some good facial expressions as usual. Awesome on Guinevere getting her own house. And lovely to see Gawain being all sweet with the horses again.
    @Lucy_Henley
    I missed showing Gawain's face in my chapters! Didn't realise how much until I started screenshotting and he gave me these looks:

10-03-22-11-49-16-AM.png
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    That face just says โ€œOoh, youโ€™re taking screenshots of me again! I hope nothing bad happens to meโ€ฆโ€ He looks both hopeful and wary. Hopefully nothing too bad happens to the lovely Cinnamon Rollโ€ฆ
    edited October 2022
    Hi all! No chapter this time, it's been too busy with D&D and escape rooms and gathering lots of autumn acorns and chestnuts. I found a pine cone the size of my fist ๐Ÿคฉ The cats got a hold of it and now it's gone... somewhere.

I did make a summary of Arc 1 and Arc 2 over at wordpress. For new readers, it'll come in handy if you don't want to read... 99 chapters' worth of story (dear LORD I've written a bunch ๐Ÿ˜…). You can find it on the chapters page, too.

See you soon!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Dang, 99 chapters is impressive! I've done about 52-54 across my three stories, depending on whether we're counting a prologue and a chapter which is just screenshots and doesn't add to the story.
    edited October 2022
    Hi, all! Holy cow, can you believe last post was the 100th post of Tales of Camelot? I certainly can't. I completely missed it myself! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'm debating on whether to do something fun to celebrate, make a Halloween special, or just work on the new chapter instead. Maybe I'll roll for it. We'll see what happens ๐Ÿคญ In the meantime, here you go, and thank you for sticking with me on this long, long roller coaster of a story! ๐Ÿ˜

bV5fAJk.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Woo, 100 chapters!
    Even if you donโ€™t do a whole Halloween special, you could do some screenshots of your characters dressed up. That could be quite funny. (Particularly if you make Aggro into Draggro again and he just looks supremely annoyed the whole time :D)
    Woo, 100 chapters!
    Even if you donโ€™t do a whole Halloween special, you could do some screenshots of your characters dressed up. That could be quite funny. (Particularly if you make Aggro into Draggro again and he just looks supremely annoyed the whole time :D)

Haha,it's been ages since I've turned him into Draggro. Let's see if I still have that dress in my CC folder...

@Sims4MagicalTales Thank you!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Even if you canโ€™t find the Draggro dress, Iโ€™m sure heโ€™d look silly in any other outfit, which is the main point IMO :D
    Oh, Gawain, poor cinnamon roll. He must be feeling so many different emotions right now.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just dropping in to say, I've just started reading this series. I'm about half way through Arc 1 right now, and you have seriously got me hooked! (Already!) Now that I'm all caught up on the Miller Legacy, this is going to be my next simlit binge read. :love:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    edited October 2022
    @GlacierSnow Hi Glacier ๐Ÿ˜ Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself with my medieval cast, yay! It's quite the roller coaster to get caught up to where we are now. Please keep your arms and legs within the dragon cart and make sure to stay securely strapped in at all times, especially when things seems peaceful ๐Ÿ˜—๐ŸŽข
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    It definitely already seems like it's going to be that kind of story. :open_mouth::lol: I'll remain seated until the dragon cart comes to a complete stop.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Dropping back in again. Wow, this story is good! I've read up through 2.7 "The Lady of the Lake" so far. I love the characters, the slowly building tensions of various sorts, the mystical aspects, and the fabulous screenshots. And I am extremely impressed with the broad scope of your storytelling skills. In the first arc, Arthur trying to bake a cake had me laughing so hard my ribs hurt, and then just a few chapters later Morgana learning what happened to the May babies sent chills up my spine. Not many writers manage to do both so well.

You've really got me hooked. I've stayed up way too late tonight, reading. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    @GlacierSnow Hehee, you're at an interesting part of the story then ๐Ÿ˜ I hope you continue to have fun with it and thank you very much for the compliment! I've been writing since I was a kid, so I've tried all kinds of storytelling ways and genres. Some I am abysmally bad at and others come much more easily. I think Arthur trying to do commoner things has been my favourite one to write so far ๐Ÿ˜„
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Itโ€™s a funny chapter, I just reread it! Poor Sarah has had to deal with peopleโ€™s nonsense for yearsโ€ฆ
    I can see more modern monarchies encouraging children to learn an instrument and maybe making them play it at fancy gatherings, in the name of being well-rounded and cultured etc. But the learning to become a bard thing makes sense, especially since I know you get some of your inspiration from Sims Medieval.
    @Lucy_Henley Haha, Sarah has been done with people's shenanigans for years and years. It's a miracle that she's still working there. ๐Ÿ˜†
    I do get inspiration from Sims Medieval! It was a very fun game in its own way ๐Ÿ˜„ the way I'm seeing it (and I'm not an expert at all, so I might be dead wrong), they taught Morgana to be musical, but not Arthur, since between the two of them, she'd be more expected to entertain. Only to a certain degree, though.

Almost done with a new chapter, woo! The autumn months leading up to December are always incredibly busy. It's the good kind of busy, though ๐Ÿ˜™
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    There we go! Finally finished it :mrgreen:

E73ZP9h.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Hi, all! Next chapter is posted but I don't have access to the book at the moment. I'll upload that later.

In the meantime, here you go! *Edit: now with book :grin:

Post edited by _sims_Yimi on
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Great episodes, I can feel Morganas confusion.

I have always been a fan of stories and legends of Camelot, but those usually tell about the ending, its so interesting to read about the beginning.
    And for some time, I have been wondering about who Uther reminds me about , today it hit me :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina