Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions on the Gamer Career

Hi all! I just have a quick question about the gamer career. I had my sim teen take up the career. If she "works" from home she only gets $10 a day. Her job performance also never goes up. If I send her into work she gets her full pay amount ( $81 a day i believe it was ) and even earns job performance.

Is there something specific that she has to do for "work from home"? I have had her try to live stream games, research business models, and even play unreleased games. But her job performance never goes up and she never gets more than $10 a day.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is a game glitch. I do not use any mods or CC in my game. I play on the pc. I have tried game repair too.

Before I report it as a bug though, I want to make sure it is not something I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Interesting...

While I do admit that I can't answer that, I can share my experience with other work from home careers.

Usually for me, the performance increase should come one hour before the next shift begins (when the game asks you whether your sim should go to work, work from home, or take the day off). Most of the time, the promotions came at that time.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    Thanks for the reply! She does get the performance increase when the notice pops up, asking if i want to send her to work or work from home for the next shift. But she only gets the increase if I send her to work.

If she works from home, she gets no job performance increase and gets only $10 pay when that notice appears.

I guess I will try a different sim in a new save and see what happens. If it happens in that save too, I will head over to the bug forums.

Thanks!!