Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are You Afraid Of?

Comments

• Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 288 Member
    Anyone who has ever watched someone die in a hospital, ought rightly to fear that, and fight for home hospice services and right-to-die legislation. So that's one of my fears: dying in a hospital, unguarded by someone who loves me, against the callous cruelty of institutional apathy that barely distinguishes the dying (who can still feel!) from the dead.

I honestly never thought I was afraid of these things until you mentioned them..
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Anyone who has ever watched someone die in a hospital, ought rightly to fear that, and fight for home hospice services and right-to-die legislation. So that's one of my fears: dying in a hospital, unguarded by someone who loves me, against the callous cruelty of institutional apathy that barely distinguishes the dying (who can still feel!) from the dead.

I honestly never thought I was afraid of these things until you mentioned them..

There must be something seriously wrong with me, because I'm laughing uncontrollably at this. Even though I've watched someone I loved die like that, and do actually fear it, and did post it in earnest. It is something to ponder, though, and fight to change, before it's our turn...I'm laughing because I feel like Richmond from The IT Crowd and that show was hilarious.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RumellKhan1RumellKhan1 Posts: 157 Member
    I also have phobia of leaving my country.
    24 hour Sims Challenge.

1. Day 1. Create a replica of your home and you and those who live there.
    2. Day 2. Keep note of everything that your Sim does.
    3. Day 3. Do everything that your Sim has done.

A timer would be a useful tool.
  • suki_kurosakisuki_kurosaki Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm afraid the Sims 4 will end up murdering our sims one by one :#
    I had one randomly killed in a family park surrounded by his family and friends BY A FREAKIN ASTEROID! He was just looking thru the "Back Pocket Observatory" telescope when I saw him get paranoid and out of nowhere, he was killed by an asteroid. He was just a teen who was growing up to be a celeb :'(
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    @suki_kurosaki : I dont know if you use cheats, but i use 'death.toggle' to avoid to loose sims :smile: i lost quite a few myself ...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    fear of literally everything is probably the right answer tbh

if i don't fear something yet i am sure my brain will come up with way to make horror out of it anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    IRL? I fear many things, and these things torment me via my schizophrenia, but above all these fears, I fear losing who I love the most, because I know it would break me.

Sims wise? Losing my CC folder.
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    edited September 2022
    Snakes :| I don't like them.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Spiders, but it's not that bad. Found out I had a serious problem getting into a round dark tunnel filled with rushing water, going down a waterside. I was cursing halfway down when it had a big vertical drop, and never intend to go on it again. Once was enough.

Claustrophobia is probably my worst phobia. Another fear would be losing my loved ones but I think everyone fears that.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Heights.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    Athazagoraphobia

thanatophobia

ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    mothers in law. I've been married twice and copped a doozy of a MIL both times.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I developed an irrational fear of flying at a late age.

Me too, when I was about 40. I wouldn't say it is excessive, but it was very sudden. It had simply never been there before. It came on in an instant whilst I was on a plane, I had no warning at all. We hid some MILD turbulence, and that was all.

I haven't been on a plane since then, but I'm sure I probably will. Probably only for domestic flights though (I've never been overseas anyway, never could quite afford it, having been out on my own from since I was a kid).

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Wow this thread came back out of nowhere. A lot of fears of death out there which is understandable.

@cyncie I also have a fear of heights. Figured it out when I got nosebleed seats at a concert and got vertigo looking down while climbing all the stairs. Not fun.

@Apricus Athazagoraphobia isn't one I had heard of before but got more familiar with since living with and taking care of my grandmother with dementia. It's got to be terrifying not remembering who anyone around you is or even where you are at times. Also not a fun one to witness.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    This is a bit of an irrational one but being falsely accused of something terrible and having no one believe my innocence.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    Oh we're talking irl stuff in here... athazagoraphobia, i learned about this one last year... might have a mix of phobia but my primo phobia is dogs, i was bitten very young age. And i did alot of work on that. I separated myself from my phobia, and depending on the master, the dog will be friendly of not friendly to me, if i trust the owner i can overcome my fear easily with the help of the dog. It happend first with my friends dog i was 15 years old. I got bit at 2 yrs old btw so its not something like oh im afraid of dogs, its a real phobia. But since i like all animals in general, and my best friends dog was like 7 feet tall when on two legs, he could hug you. And that dog was so happy-go-lucky, very playful but he was tired of being sent to the basement or the yard when i was there and so he forced me to love him, he jumped me and licked my face ! The dog actually broke my fear you know like usually its the human that train the dog, but this instance i had to submit to the dog lol... and being surrounded by friends we all celebrated the fact i had just overcame my fear...

Now that gave me a template to confront fears and anxieties to this day! But dont ask me if i got athaza, or agora, or claustro phobia... or maybe i will get phobophobia. Little of that or something else... not sure, even for a professional its hard to sort out! I have had some moderate PTSD following traumatic events, some have left triggers. And I have anxieties in general, usually stepping out and breathing a time out works. Psych help is hard to come by, and not cheap so i manage pretty good with my own psychology :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I suffer with Trypophobia, a fear of holes. There are things I won't buy or will close my eyes and ignore because it makes my skin itch lol.
    Dentists - I desperately need to go to see one but I would need to be drugged up to the eyeballs to even walk into the dentist, let alone having work done.
    Not a big fan of spiders and moths neither - If I know one is in a room in my house, I'll shut the door and won't go back in until someone has got rid of it lol
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited October 2022
    Let's see...I have:
    Arachnophobia (although not all spiders trigger it for me. The jumping spiders are adorable!)
    Spheksophobia, The fear of wasps.
    Acrophobia, fear of heights, except for when I'm in an airplane. (Acrophobia for me is worse when there's an object at eye level.)
    Escalaphobia, that's fear of escalators. (If I'm in John Lewis, I'd rather take the lift.)
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I suffer with Trypophobia, a fear of holes. There are things I won't buy or will close my eyes and ignore because it makes my skin itch lol.
    Dentists - I desperately need to go to see one but I would need to be drugged up to the eyeballs to even walk into the dentist, let alone having work done.
    Not a big fan of spiders and moths neither - If I know one is in a room in my house, I'll shut the door and won't go back in until someone has got rid of it lol

It may be weird but I actually like looking at these images. Whenever the subject comes up I'll Google Trypophobia and search for images. Gives me goosebumps.
  • JackieDawJackieDaw Posts: 18 New Member
    I'm afraid of insects (mostly spiders).
    I'm also afraid of agressive people and people who don't control themselves (for example, very drunk people), and I don't know why, since nothing bad has happened to me.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »

It may be weird but I actually like looking at these images. Whenever the subject comes up I'll Google Trypophobia and search for images. Gives me goosebumps.

Haha! I couldn't think of anything worse!!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Never2RealNever2Real Posts: 15 New Member
    That one day not being fearless enough to complete some of the tougher goals I've set for myself.