Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clutter as objects??

'Ive noticed that the clutter objects that came in the HS stuff pack cant be walked over and instead act as barriers that block a sims path from one object to the next. I put a bunch of the I Was a Teenage Garbage Artist clutter pieces on the floor of my teens room to make it look messy and all it's doing is blocking the space in their very small room. It's so frustrating! What is the point of it being an object?? Is there a fix for this?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    Have you looked in the rug department? There might be some clutter objects you can walk over there. I haven’t looked, but it might be worth it to check it out.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    I'm actually referring to the ones from HSY. If you take a look at these ones in the pic. I've had to move them so they don't block my teens small rooms.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-01-at-4-56-55-PM.png
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Hasn’t clutter always done that?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I never knew there was clutter decor that could be walked over. I always assumed that if it was on the floor you had to make sure you had enough walking space for them to go around the items.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The teenage garbage artist really should have been a rug, but alas, it's more Ike a backpack or laundry pile which you also have to go around instead of over.

Most unfortunate for making the room believably messy.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited October 2022
    You could always let your Sim Teen be a neatnik. There are a few of us in the world …IE not all Teens are SLOBS. LOL But I feel your pain. The clutter is truly clutter it appears. Oh, boy, yet another glitch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    > @SelinaKyles said:
    > Hasn’t clutter always done that?

Yes. Unless it's a rug object, your sim will maneuver around it. The only fix, that I know of, is to move the objects slightly out of the way to make room for the sim's path.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    There's a neat trick for cluttering that I learned recently: You can put objects one floor lower and than raise them up with CTRL-9 until they appear to be one floor higher. The onjects' footprint stays in the lower floor, meaning the sims can walk over the clutter in the upper floor, but not over the "empty" space on the lower floor.

Of course this requires there being unused space below the spot where you want the clutter, what might not be an option in every house.
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > There's a neat trick for cluttering that I learned recently: You can put objects one floor lower and than raise them up with CTRL-9 until they appear to be one floor higher. The onjects' footprint stays in the lower floor, meaning the sims can walk over the clutter in the upper floor, but not over the "empty" space on the lower floor.
    >
    > Of course this requires there being unused space below the spot where you want the clutter, what might not be an option in every house.

This is a great tip! I hadn't thought of it and I'll definitely be using this in the future. Thank you for sharing.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    There's a neat trick for cluttering that I learned recently: You can put objects one floor lower and than raise them up with CTRL-9 until they appear to be one floor higher.

What a fantastic little cheat! I didn't know that objects would raise through the ceiling! I will definitely try to remember that (but then that also means it blocks the space on the lower level too
    You could always let your Sim Teen be a neatnik. There are a few of us in the world …IE not all Teens are SLOBS. LOL But I feel your pain. The clutter is truly clutter it appears. Oh, boy, yet another glitch.

My teens and kids are usually always clean but I decided with all this fun clutter I should make them messy. However, they have such a small space that they can't use any of the other objects. I feel like these should have been treated as rugs.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    There's a neat trick for cluttering that I learned recently: You can put objects one floor lower and than raise them up with CTRL-9 until they appear to be one floor higher. The onjects' footprint stays in the lower floor, meaning the sims can walk over the clutter in the upper floor, but not over the "empty" space on the lower floor.

Of course this requires there being unused space below the spot where you want the clutter, what might not be an option in every house.

This is a great idea but I don't think it will work in apartments. I'll definitely keep it in mind though
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    Sims should be able to walk through this clutter according to these patch notes. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-08-02-2022
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not sure if it would look as a rug since rugs are completely flat.