Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Styled outfits in CAS

I noticed there is now a styled option in CAS. I always missed a way to set my own defaults for certain areas of my game, such as stuents at my Summerfield High boarding school have a uniform, and it would be very time consuming if I did not need to create the same outfit for every new student, but could simply get it from already saved styles. Same goes for employees at my royal palace, the different working groups like maids, security, butlers etc have a specific uniform (some have options depending on occasion, even).

So, is there a way for me to save styles for this use? Can I save one uniform for each of my high schools to save time? And for certain professions? Or is the style option only a few suggestions related to classy, boo-hoo, country etc?

I think I need to hear how others benefit from this styles option, because unless I can save my own pre-outfits I don't really see how I can use it?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    The Styled Outfits has always been there, it’s not new. Sadly you can’t save your own default outfits. How many options there are under Styled Outfits depends on what packs you have installed.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited October 2022
    Ah, thanks. I know it was there long ago, but I'm sure I have not seen it in my game for long. Or, perhaps I noticed it again because I needed those uniforms and wanted them preset.

So, basically they are pretty useless, unless you want many sims to use the same total outfit as suggested by EA?

I did miss a way to choose a general style for *all* CAS options per sim. It seems more tedious than needed that we have to check style for top, bottom, full body outfits and more, instead just checking. Why would EA think our sims prefer a classy top but a boho bottom? I don't know any RL person who have different style preferences per part of their body, LOL. And I really don't see the point of this.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I use the Styled Outfits in CaS to quickly dress a sim that is not a main sim. That way I don’t spend time getting a nice outfit in place for a sim that I’m never going to do anything more with. I also will look through them when I get a new pack and make note of anything I like. If I want something similar for a sim, I’ll use the Styled Outfit as a starting point, then tweak it.

I do agree that having the ability to save styled looks would be awesome.

• fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I'm hoping we'll eventually get the option to save styles. The in game Trendi app and thrifting seems like it was a, sort of, attempt. I would love to be able to set a dress code for school or work. Then all Sims would turn up dressed right and you could have posh uniformed schools if you wanted.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited October 2022
    Justine Keaton makes an appearance in the Styled outfits. o:)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Justine_Keaton
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Justine Keaton makes an appearance in the Styled outfits. o:)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Justine_Keaton

Who??😛