Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2022
    Sims team probably now: so excited!!!!!!
    me: *terrified moodlet* *runs around my save and panics*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have no guess what this could be about, but I want those wall decals and graffitti for my game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sims team probably now: so excited!!!!!!
    me: *terrified moodlet* *runs around my save and panics*

I’m going to stand here and wave my hand in the air and then shrug my shoulders.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    makes me wonder what will come next
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Also.

The Sims new Twitter header showcases Behind The Sims Summit and in his tweet Matt says Graffiti I can get behind.
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2022
    As long as it is not about another spark’d or competition thing 🧘🏻‍♀️
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    City living refresh? Lmao HUGE long shot but cool if so
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Maybe it's for cars
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2022
    A live-action commercial resembles how TS4 was announced at GamesCon 2013 (video below). But, even when it could hint towards a new generation of the Sims, the plumbob is definitely from TS4. So maybe it is a new Urbz remake?

https://youtu.be/pQjzyPYovdU
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I do find it kinda of odd that they didn't use a simlish font, but I guess if it's a commercial and going to be broadcast all over, a lot of people would have no idea what simlish is
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Can't wait to see what this is all about!🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited September 2022
    Maybe there will be a new city themed EP. I remember that the commercial for the Freetime EP in TS2 was city themed. Or maybe it's thug's life and vice and order themed with all that grafitti in a run down neighbourhood.

There's the word Kenya spelled out at the base of the building in red paint next to the white mask with black sunglasses thing in this picture. Maybe it's something inspired by the Coming to America movie with Eddie Murphy. :lol:

comm3.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Why spend the money on a commercial (they aren't exactly cheap to create) when they're giving the base game away for free? My guess it has something more to do with the announcement of Sims 5.

Not excited at all. I'm going to just sit here at my desk and get my Sims through their second term in uni. Bye-bye, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Why spend the money on a commercial (they aren't exactly cheap to create) when they're giving the base game away for free? My guess it has something more to do with the announcement of Sims 5.

Not excited at all. I'm going to just sit here at my desk and get my Sims through their second term in uni. Bye-bye, now.

I am! 😄 Hopefully all will be revealed on October 18.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited September 2022

Because from a business point of view, base game is just a mean to get people to buy the expansion packs. That's how it's been for all previous iterations. By giving away the game for free, most people are going to look into ways to enrich their experience and buy one or two packs during sales that are most likely going to begin a few weeks after base game goes free.
    Basically milking TS4 before TS5 announcement in a few months imo, TS4 packs sales are probably going to drop hard once TS5 is announced.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yeah I'm with people who think that they're just promoting the game being free now. They want to reach out to as much people as possible, convince people to get their hands on an old 2014 game, try it out, and see if they stick around and buy the new packs if they love it.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe this could be a bigger thing we don't know about like some unannounced expansion pack or a TS5 reveal or something. But hey, I'm not going to disappoint myself if that's the case, I'll be doubly excited.

I'm very looking forward to seeing an influx of new players, though.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    “Bum bum!”

It’s the commercial for a new Streetlife EP in which one can play as a bum (bum!).
    Or perhaps it refers to a baby’s bum bum hinting that liberated babes are on the way. Babies are often born in places that resemble cities.

When I noticed the buildings my first thought was West Side Story Sim Style. Maybe we’ll be getting some gangs & musicals gameplay.
    The litter on that street looks fake by the way. The paper mache footpath is in an awful state and seems to be disintegrating. Warner Brothers, do better.

It would be a real bum bummer if this entire WB studio graffiti post doesn’t even mean anything and some random sims obsessed artist snuck in to actually vandalize the place. 😆
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    Maybe it has to do with a more edgier sims game. Like instead of a sequel a type of sims game. But one with more grit. The sims 4 has been criticized for playing it too safe. Safer than any game in the series. So this might be their sims 5 that may not be called the sims 5 or maybe it is a more adult sim title. Possibly but unlikely an M rated sims game. But I don’t think they would do that due to not many as people would be allowed to play. But maybe they would if their continuing to improve on the fourth game while creating something for more adult players. When I say adult I don’t mean really bad but I do mean possibly more violence, more crime and consequences, with an online play mode that isn’t rated T or M depending on play. But offline mode I’m sure would still be T rated but less family friendly. That way they can continue building on the sims 4 family friendly safe haven thing because there are people that love that about the sims 4, but this title could open up the game to more mature themed possibilities. If they are doing this it’s smart. Because if they don’t, someone will and it will be a game changer for a life simulator game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    “Bum bum!”

It’s the commercial for a new Streetlife EP in which one can play as a bum (bum!).
    Or perhaps it refers to a baby’s bum bum hinting that liberated babes are on the way. Babies are often born in places that resemble cities.

When I noticed the buildings my first thought was West Side Story Sim Style. Maybe we’ll be getting some gangs & musicals gameplay.
    The litter on that street looks fake by the way. The paper mache footpath is in an awful state and seems to be disintegrating. Warner Brothers, do better.

It would be a real bum bummer if this entire WB studio graffiti post doesn’t even mean anything and some random sims obsessed artist snuck in to actually vandalize the place. 😆

The Sims 4: Baby Escape
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Also.

The Sims new Twitter header showcases Behind The Sims Summit and in his tweet Matt says Graffiti I can get behind.

I don't know but a pack with Graffiti just doesn't sound exciting to me.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with people who think that they're just promoting the game being free now. They want to reach out to as much people as possible, convince people to get their hands on an old 2014 game, try it out, and see if they stick around and buy the new packs if they love it.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe this could be a bigger thing we don't know about like some unannounced expansion pack or a TS5 reveal or something. But hey, I'm not going to disappoint myself if that's the case, I'll be doubly excited.

I'm very looking forward to seeing an influx of new players, though.

I'm assuming they will have a rather large market campaign when the game goes free, so this is probably part of that. I will be interested to see if they will get a lot of new players too because I can't recall that I have ever tried out another game just because they made it free.

I hope that they will focus on what's next for the sims as well and that this is not just another rebranding.

• KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Looking at the bigger picture, The Sims is giving away base game to get more gamers. The base game has very few features and this will for sure lead new gamers to purchase EP, GP, SP and Kits -> profits.

I bet they are going to announce new packs for TS4 and will have a big sale on old packs.
    Also, I hope this will be the perfect time for them to drop major bug fixes and refreshes for packs like GTW and OR.

I expect them to please new gamers with some juicy SDX.
    Because, let's be real, new gamers can be entertained with less. Old gamers know how it works and ask/complain for more.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    I have no guess what this could be about, but I want those wall decals and graffitti for my game.

Me too :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina