Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With the game so bugged, where do you stand on new content?

2...Next

Comments

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited September 2022
    I am officially done, until the bugs are fixed I will neither purchase nor download any further content from EA
    This game is fundamentally broken and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up (which we know will not happen at this point). I fully expect to hear more horror stories the next time a pack or kit with just a little bit of gameplay is added and releases another plethora of glitches. I've got 2 and 3 to keep me happy.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2022
    Klaatu Barada Nikto. (aka this poll is dumb option, but with a nerdy film quote)
    Not because the poll is dumb, but because I enjoyed the nerdy film quote. :smiley:

As for the game: I'm not patching. I'm not playing. I'm waiting for the mysterious stream in October that will, hopefully, give an idea of the direction that EA/Maxis plan to take the franchise. Though, at this point, the tea leaves seem to be pointing toward yet another freemium multiplayer offering that requires far less heavy-lifting than coding a convincing life simulator.

Instead of remaining King of the Hill of the life simulation genre, EA/Maxis appear to be set on joining the fast money crowd.
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    I am unconcerned about or the bugs aren't that bad, so I will still purchase all the content EA give us.
    Most bugs I see are easy to fix. Reload or debug (the latter via testingcheats on). I often wonder if some bugs that people see, ones that even ruin their game, are due to not updating their graphics card drivers? or even not having a powerful gaming PC?
    As to Sims wants that they get (xxx feels someone is controlling their life ...) why do they not do them when given full AI rein? No one is stopping them.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I am officially done, until the bugs are fixed I will neither purchase nor download any further content from EA
    When I buy a game, it should be playable without needing mods!

Exactly! I chose to start using mods in my game in order to make Grim a playable character, and for some additional conveniences. At the time I didn't need to use mods, I could've just used cheats, but mods made things easier. Now it's like I don't actually have a choice to play with or without mods, and that's not good enough.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited September 2022
    I often wonder if some bugs that people see, ones that even ruin their game, are due to not updating their graphics card drivers? or even not having a powerful gaming PC?

(Just note this is a reply in general and is not necessarily directed at the quoted OP)

Well I'm currently running the Sims 4 on an Alienware Aurora R12 with Windows 11 Pro, 11th Gen Intel Core I9 11900kf @ 350 ghz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, 64 gig of ram and dual 2TB SSD and 2TB HDD hard drives. I'm not actually sure how much more powerful my computer is supposed to be to run a game that should work without having to mod the living daylights out of it. Also my system is always kept up to date, and everything that has been recommended to fix issues with the game, I have tried umpteen times over.

I agree that people should absolutely check to make sure their drivers etc are up to date, and that they're not trying to run the game on a computer it's just not going to run properly on, but at the same time it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when genuine concerns about game breaking bugs are met with, "well maybe you're computer just isn't powerful enough", "you need to update your drivers regularly", "have you tried *insert game fixing advice*". Because sometimes, just sometimes the answer to all of those things is, "Yes, yes I have, and I still struggle to play the game without needing mods for numerous things."

I want EA to be held accountable for fixing the stuff that needs to be fixed, and I think it is sometimes too easy to dismiss the not insignificant number of people experiencing multiple issues with the idea that they just need to update their drivers/get a better computer/repair their game (again)/clear their cache (again)/do a factory reset (again)/etc etc etc. As long as EA, as a company, can push responsibility back onto the consumer, they're not likely to give the sort of urgency to fixing various issues that is needed (imho).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I am unconcerned about or the bugs aren't that bad, so I will still purchase all the content EA give us.
    The bugs don't bother me. In fact, with my current set-up in my save, bugs are common and very expected, simulation lag very common, and something I have to live with. That's the choice I made when I decided to slap mods all over it. However, some new features kinda suck but something like fears are just the result of badly tuned files and a simple parameter adjustment takes care of the issue.
    Most bugs I see are easy to fix. Reload or debug (the latter via testingcheats on). I often wonder if some bugs that people see, ones that even ruin their game, are due to not updating their graphics card drivers? or even not having a powerful gaming PC?

The thing is, we shouldn't need to "Reset Object" or "turn this off and then on" at this frequency to begin with. It shouldn't be up to the players to fix bugs and avoid the potential landmines. The game should be shipped in a state where that's the last resort scenario, not a regular occurrence.

By the way, the bugs that occur are usually not the computer's fault (it could be, but with bugs reporting on a wider scale that doesn't necessarily mean it). Sims 3 runs a lot worse on my rig than Sims 4, and that game is an older game; in fact, because Sims 3 is designed for 32 bit computers in mind, it's more prone to problems on modern computers because of that limitation more than anything.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    Until the bugs are fixed, I will only consider purchasing new content if it's something I really want.
    I will only consider getting furniture and clothing packs. I'd really love it for them to just focus on bug fixes and enhancing what we have already. Nothing huge, just adding color swatches to things, little options like painting ceilings, etc etc. Even re-organizing the catalogue, some stuff just makes absolutely no sense.

It's these little things that go a long way for me at this point.
    Although ngl if they release a pack with Fairies I'd play that through any bugs.. 🤣
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Bugs are just too commonplace. This is one single sim.

- Levelled all 5 of toddler skills and no trait reward so I had to cheat it on.

- Child did too well at drama club so when he became teen he couldn’t get promoted. Had to skip drama club and ‘de-level’ then go again to get the promotion.

- Teen became valedictorian and got a pop up to say he needed to practice his speech. Then another pop up to say he graduated normally and didn’t need to do a speech. Then didn’t get an invite or pop up to graduation at all and missed it.

- planted a plant and grew it for 2 weeks and then it just went back to soil again.

It’s annoying that they care more about pronouns than they do fixing their game.
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    I used to believe that if I really wanted a pack I would buy it regardless of the bugs. After High School years and Wedding Stories, my game got so frustrating to play. Even if the game was just optimized instead of new content I would regain faith in Maxis. I would consider a new kit if it was primarily a build mode update, for example adding more terrain tools, waterfall functionality in addition to ponds, terrain paints, and the ability to use terrain paints on mountains...
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Until the bugs are fixed, I will only consider purchasing new content if it's something I really want.
    I want the game to be fixed so much more than new content.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I don't if this is a bug but my Sims are disappearing from the household like they appear in the family tree but they just disappeared can't find them any where is this happening to any one else?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Enough already! This game was a buggy swamp way back in the beginning and it has only gotten worse. Many serious bugs have been around for years, and nothing has been done. I have negative faith in EA. How could it be otherwise when they deliberately launch packs so broken as to be unplayable or nearly so (looking at you, MWS & HSY)?
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am not buying a thing until they fix the broken wants and fears switch. I have not played in months because it is so annoying and ruins the game for me. I did not even get to fully enjoy the pack I bought before that update so I am not about to spend even more money on content I cannot enjoy yet.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My sims are on hold because the bugs are too disruptive.
    There is no point in buying new packs if I have no desire to play the game because of bugs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds