Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you actively play sims 4, when did you start playing the sims?

124...Next

Comments

• AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    Recently (2020-Now)
    It was somewhere in 2021 last year, when I played The Sims 4
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I started playing with the first sims game, and I want to say it was around 2002ish when I was 10 years old. My mom had just bought a brand new computer and the game actually came with the computer if I remember correctly. I was immediately hooked and have played the series ever since. 😁
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    The biginning of Sims 4 (2014-2018)
    I actually started playing Sims 3 first (in 2015), but Sims 4 already existed at that point. I played 3 for a couple years before trying 4 (in 2017, I think) and I've pretty much never gone back to 3.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    Still remember getting the Sims (1) for Christmas, a game that changed my life. I prefer the quirkiness of the Sims (1), the lore of the Sims 2, the open world of the Sims 3 and...well the way the Sims 4 is going recently ha.
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Sims 2 and 3 era (2004-2014) + Simsfreeplay
    Sims 2 and it was great.
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I just voted in this poll and didn't realize it was so old. The results seem to indicate that the majority of Sims 4 players (who responded to the poll) did start right at the beginning with Sims 1.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    The Sims Mobile (2018-2020)+ sims 4 free download
    2016-ish I figured the mobile version would be the cheapest way to start out. Like most freemium games, it sucked unless you spent a ton of money.

In 2018, I purchased TS3 on sale and loved it. Except at the time, the lower-of-mid-end consumer-grade PC I had didn't run it well.

In late 2019, I finally purchased the base game of TS4 on sale. In early 2020 was when I really began expanding my game, and really getting into it. I still largely played TS3.

In 2021, I purchased Sims 2 Double Deluxe at a yardsale for $5. I think it's what all the later games need to live up to. Haven't played it in some time, as Windows 10 (and I was stupid enough to upgrade to 11) on modern systems doesn't like disks. The refurbished Dell from 2012 this PC replaced ran TS2 without issue, as did my old laptop from 2011.

TS4 has come a long way in the 3 years I've been playing it, but there's still a lot of catchup with TS3. TS3 could use some optimizations to run better on modern systems.
  • TStimberwolfTStimberwolf Posts: 8 New Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I started playing The Sims with the Sims 1 which I had the most expansion packs for. I did purchase the Sims 2 which I have University, Double Deluxe and Pets. The Sims 3 only the base game. Sims 4 Get together and Werewolves. I enjoyed each one of them.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I've been playing since the Sims 1. By the time I purchased TS1 I think TS2 was already released because I saw promotion for it inside the cover of my TS1 games. But I couldn't afford to get TS2 yet so I just mainly played the original until people were selling second hand copies of TS2.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    My first Sims game with Sims 2.
    I got the base game, and pets was my first DLC pack. I ended up buying all of it, except for Ikea and mansion and garden.
    How I got into the Sims was seeing a Youtube video of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 running in a field of flowers. I had to find the game that was used, and then got Sims 2.
    I do have Sims 3, but not all the packs. I don't play it as much, because my computer struggles with it a bit, but I do have Supernatural and quite a bit installed for it.
    I own most of Sims 4 for my PS4, and the base game for my PC.
    I missed out on the Sims, which I am disappointed about, because it would be nice to own the series.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    I broke my first Sims game from overuse.

Either that or until the old PC crashed and the newer PC couldn't play it.
  • sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2022
    Recently (2020-Now)
    All games except for The Sims 4 came out before I existed.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
  • sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
    Recently (2020-Now)
    Oh wait, I actually joined the sims somewhere between 2018-2019, maybe even 2017. I was only thinking about sims 4 lol
    Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Recently (2020-Now)
    I started playing Fall 2020, when TS4 happened to be on sale. I've always wanted to play The Sims, but never had a computer that was good enough to run it (or enough money). I still play TS4 regularly, though I've also bought TS3 since. I love both games a lot, and I tend to switch between them depending on how I want to play.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I happened to be in MediaPlay (anybody remember that chain?) the day they were setting up the display of boxes with the original Sims game. Had no idea what it was about or if I'd care to play it but I was pretty loose with my money in those days and it wasn't that expensive so what the heck. I bought it and I've been playing the various sims games ever sense. I can't imagine what I'd have done with all that time if I'd gone to McDonalds that day instead.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My very first Sims game I ever played was Sims 3 back in 2011. My daughter & I never even heard of any types of Sims games before that.
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    OG IN THE HOOOOUUUUUSE
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I actually start playing when Sims 4 launched on PS4, day one.

I did have a gameboy version of the sims but it was a bit different. I did not have PC so I started with TS4 in 2017. I played a lot 2017-2019 and now 2021-2022.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Recently (2020-Now)
    I'm in the Recently gang, I've started playing it in March 2020! On top of that, it was the overall introduction to the Sims franchise for me.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I first played the sims on the original Xbox back in about 2003, i really enjoyed it. I went the next 16 years approximately without touching a sims game that i know of. I bought this sims 4 about a year in a half ago at Wal mart and played it for like 20 minutes and hated the controls and just wasn't feeling it. About 2 months ago I decided I was going to give it a real try and now it's probably the game I play the most. I like the game a lot even though it has its bugs and flaws.
  • Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    Sister leant me TS1 (on disk) back in the day. Just the base game. I went out and bought everything Sims after that. Still do .... unfortunately.