Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Jade47 wrote: Β»
    I'll check out Paralives as and when it releases. Look at reviews and if they're favourable and depending on price I may purchase it. Steam gives me two hours play time for a purchase and if its not what I want I can still refund it. I firmly have my expectations in check regarding it but I'm interested to see the developers take on an life rpg/simulation. I have no interest in Sims 5.

RPG isn't the same thing as life-sim. And they said 100% its a life-sim like Sims is *suppose* to be, keep RPGs out of a life-sim and in their own (Separate) games
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,652 Member
    Other
    When it first came up I was interested, and I still am but not like I was. I chose other because based on what I've to this point, if they released it today I would say hard pass because of the graphics. It's looks too one-dimensional, too much like a newspaper comic strip that's animated,, which is a turn off. If it looked more like TS4 or Dreamlight Valley, I'd be more excited and more likely to get it.

That said, when TS4 first launched I wasn't overly fond of the graphics. Now I wouldn't want the Sims to change all that much. I really love the looks of the game and feel like they're the best of the series. All they need for my tastes is some fine tuning. Who knows what the Paralives will actually look like when it finally releases. I'm still open to the idea of getting it if they improve the graphics or they start to grow on me.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Who knows what the Paralives will actually look like when it finally releases. I'm still open to the idea of getting it if they improve the graphics or they start to grow on me.

From my understanding they deliberately went with the comic book look for the parafolks and that's more than likely exactly what they will look like upon release.

I don't dig it ..... AT ALL!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Who knows what the Paralives will actually look like when it finally releases. I'm still open to the idea of getting it if they improve the graphics or they start to grow on me.

From my understanding they deliberately went with the comic book look for the parafolks and that's more than likely exactly what they will look like upon release.

I don't dig it ..... AT ALL!

I preferred the earlier style of the Parafolk. I don’t dislike the comic book style though.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    For both it depends on the quality of what's delivered. I loved, loved, loved the SimCity series -- but I stopped playing it with SimCity 4, never bothering with Societies or SimCity (2013). Cities Skylines was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior. If EA tries the online-only caca with TS5, then I'll be sticking with TS4. Paralives has a fair shot of wooing me away, but it depends on the content. Hating EA isn't enough when I'm so used to TS4's mediocrity at this point.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Other
    I will buy Paralives if it ever comes out, but I have my doubts about that happening. They bit off more than they can chew imho, and overpromised a massive game that I dont see being completed anytime soon, perhaps my grandkids can play it one day.
    Sims 5 I am completely unsure of as we haven't seen a single thing. I dont particularly like MMOs or subscription based games but its not a dealbreaker for me if I actually enjoy the game. So it remains to be seen.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    jooxis wrote: Β»
    I will buy Paralives if it ever comes out, but I have my doubts about that happening. They bit off more than they can chew imho, and overpromised a massive game that I dont see being completed anytime soon, perhaps my grandkids can play it one day.
    Sims 5 I am completely unsure of as we haven't seen a single thing. I dont particularly like MMOs or subscription based games but its not a dealbreaker for me if I actually enjoy the game. So it remains to be seen.

1) You do know that the game is made by a indie team? 2)Rome isn't built over night. and 3)they been working on Live mode since January of this year. 4)we could have been a bit father in process then we are due to their back tracing of PAM creator last year since they couldn't use the the Push-pull method of the Sims 4.

6adMCGP.gif
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    Other
    I can't wait for Sims 5 to come out. I do not plan on buying either sims 5 or Paralives until I see gameplay reviews. The most recent Sims 4 packs have been so glitchy that my game has on occasion been unplayable and I had to restart or move sims to a different lot and come back. If the level of bugs persists in the Sims 5 I will NOT buy it. If Sims 5 is a subscription or MMO only I will not buy it.
  • PlayerRayLeePlayerRayLee Posts: 5 New Member
    I cannot wait for Paralives to drop so I can get it, I might even preorder tbh. I love Sims and I mean I been playing since the beginning so this is saying a lot coming from me, but I will not buy Sims 5 if it even close to buggy as Sims 4 is. I hope Paralives gives Sims some fire under their butt to get on point.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    And as expected info from Paralives. πŸ˜„

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Hello, I didn't think I would be back,(burnt out on this TS4 social experiment) but I guess I owe it to this thread to at least comment on what I think about the new Rene project. (The Sims 5). I hope Paralives had the good sense to copyright their development tools. But they probably didn't.

So, now we have seen a sneek peek at TS5, no I won't be buying it. Let's be real, if Maxis is working closely with Mobile to development TS5 which can be played across all platforms, same game just a different screen according to Lyndsay, then it means a lot of simulation will go down the drain in order for the game to be played on other platforms such as a phone. Just like we lost the car animations in TS3 and a slew of slot popping going on in TS4 so multitasking could complete its loops, we will lose a tremendous amount of simulation in order for mobile gadgets to play this game.

I don't know is she meant just pick up where you left off from pc to phone etc. or if she meant it would be available on all platforms, but either way there goes simulation down the drain. Immersion is over in my opinion as they move closer and closer to just turning the whole darn series into some mobile app eventually.

Paralives similarities, it's a fact Maxis would have already copyrighted their developing tools (resizing furniture, windows etc.) long before anyone gets a peek at it, so again I just hope Paralives did copyright their innovations which had never been in The Sims before or they will learn a very hard lesson what it means to invent something so innovative in their build mode abilities and someone else take credit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: Β»
    Hello, I didn't think I would be back,(burnt out on this TS4 social experiment) but I guess I owe it to this thread to at least comment on what I think about the new Rene project. (The Sims 5). I hope Paralives had the good sense to copyright their development tools. But they probably didn't.

So, now we have seen a sneek peek at TS5, no I won't be buying it. Let's be real, if Maxis is working closely with Mobile to development TS5 which can be played across all platforms, same game just a different screen according to Lyndsay, then it means a lot of simulation will go down the drain in order for the game to be played on other platforms such as a phone. Just like we lost the car animations in TS3 and a slew of slot popping going on in TS4 so multitasking could complete its loops, we will lose a tremendous amount of simulation in order for mobile gadgets to play this game.

I don't know is she meant just pick up where you left off from pc to phone etc. or if she meant it would be available on all platforms, but either way there goes simulation down the drain. Immersion is over in my opinion as they move closer and closer to just turning the whole darn series into some mobile app eventually.

Paralives similarities, it's a fact Maxis would have already copyrighted their developing tools (resizing furniture, windows etc.) long before anyone gets a peek at it, so again I just hope Paralives did copyright their innovations which had never been in The Sims before or they will learn a very hard lesson what it means to invent something so innovative in their build mode abilities and someone else take credit.

Fair points. I need to see more of Rene and to understand the team's high-level objectives for the game. What does success look like to them?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Since TS5 (Rene Project) has been officially announced now, I think this thread should be moved off topic and into the Rene Project category. @EA_Cade
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    Cinebar wrote: Β»
    Since TS5 (Rene Project) has been officially announced now, I think this thread should be moved off topic and into the Rene Project category. @EA_Cade

Done.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm trying both 100%. I've seen enough of Paralives to try it and I will try Sims 5/Rene like I have tried every generation.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Other
    I am not interested in paralives, but I also dont know if I will be interested in the new sims game.
  • srabideau0993srabideau0993 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm at the point where I just dont want to spend more money on it. I will probably try out Paralives, but after a few patches have been out because launch day is always buggy as hell. I've spent so much on ts4 and 3, that im not going to start over again for ts5. it's just too expensive
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Other
    I'll probably preorder TS5 if the gameplay trailers look good. With Paralives, I'll wait for the reviews.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Probably should have selected other, but I'm either going to buy TS5 or stop at TS4. I won't be an early adopter of TS5, and will wait for the reviews to avoid the heartache TS4 early adoption brought me, but if TS5 isn't a good game, I'm out. TS4 definitely resulted in me playing the Sims less in general (including TS2) and leaving the community for a long time, I reckon if I had to go through this level of collective anger and disappointment again, I'd stop playing entirely because I've been out of grad school for eons and I've got too much going on IRL these days to get riled up about video game.

That said, I only play the Sims, and don't plan on buying Paralives--that's why I selected the option I did.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is great I have requested just this for Sims 4 which it will never come too bad they did not also add in sideburns but still so much better than a couple set in stone styles.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top