Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Adding horses to both Cats and Dogs and Cottage Living was planned, but was apparently cut from both as they felt that to do it best, the pack should focus on horses alone.

So, it makes me wonder if perhaps having a horse-focused EP is sometime in the near future?

But--what world? American West (Strangerville, Oasis Springs) and the English Countryside (Henford-on-Bagley) are already covered. Other big horse areas that don't have a map is Kentucky and Florida.

Horses could work as part of a Medieval themed pack. That’s what I hope for.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    Adding horses to both Cats and Dogs and Cottage Living was planned, but was apparently cut from both as they felt that to do it best, the pack should focus on horses alone.

So, it makes me wonder if perhaps having a horse-focused EP is sometime in the near future?

But--what world? American West (Strangerville, Oasis Springs) and the English Countryside (Henford-on-Bagley) are already covered. Other big horse areas that don't have a map is Kentucky and Florida.

That what I' m thinking as well. They said they want to add horses in a way that makes the most sense.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Cybersbe wrote: »

That what I' m thinking as well. They said they want to add horses in a way that makes the most sense.

Would make sense to have horses with a balkan romany caravan pack. They could add a travelling circus, fortune telling, matchmaker, and some crafts and make a whole EP.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I've read about them working on horses like forever. Much longer than they worked on separating babies from cribs, which also is very old news that never hit the game. So, as much as I loved TS3 horses, I'm not basing my future game on this.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

I really hope so! I remember a few years ago there was a stream with some of the devs and one of the outfits for a female sim was mentioned to look "equestrian." They shared a weird look and quickly changed topics. I really do think it could be an expansion or game pack!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member

How about Australia? They have a lot of wild horses I believe, could be a great new environment to add!
  • SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member
    What about the new plumbob and the northern lights theme? I don’t think it is related to the sims 5, if they’re going to announce the sims 5 I think it will have its own plumbob etc. This one is clearly for the sims 4 and if so, this should be a clue to what the next pack could be 🤔 also idk but here in Poland HSY expansion pack recently went cheaper in stores (other than origin).. isn’t that too soon?
    Now that I think about it horses could fit the plumbob theme if they came with unicorns… Remember the sims 3 unicorns had this cloud/aurora borealis thing above them…🤔
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    Personally I really hope we get a Italian/Spanish themed world with hotels/resorts included, have hotels as a lot type like in the Sims 3, lots of potential could be done, add surfing, add water slides, add hotel bedroom build/buy, it would be a nice expansion pack to add to the game.
    Yes but I doubt it since we already have Tartosa
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I’ve always thought I’d love a cruise ship.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    @Sprigh I thought the same thing about unicorns and fairies. There is a fan base for this style of game play. I liked the unicorns and fairies in Sims 3.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I am still hoping for a proper Generations EP.

Canes for elders
    More activities and playground equipment for children
    Strollers
    Baby Update
    Baby Showers
    etc.

But that's probably not the next EP.

I guess the next EP we get is a refresh of Get to Work.

IF that is the case, I hope they will fix retail. Make Shopping Sims AI better, let us run a store from the home lot, let the register be functional etc.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    IF that is the case, I hope they will fix retail. Make Shopping Sims AI better, let us run a store from the home lot, let the register be functional etc.
    me yes please
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    The Summit is a gig with dancers so it could announce Showtime EP.

Yes! Also I had some thoughts about bands or the chance for ballet to come back.
    The whole thing is giving me Generation vibes and a focus on teens and GenZ to be brought in the game to make it more appealing to the new players
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Well, we just had a teen centric pack so I doubt this has anything to do with teens. Unless it's to address the massive number of HSY issues and bugs, that would be welcome.

I still believe that this is an announcement of the EA App and how it will integrate all the different versions of Sims and nothing more. They've hyped this so much that I'm now thinking it's going to be a massive nothing burger.

I would love to be proven wrong, come on EA, prove me wrong.

I want to be wowed and excited.

@KokoaMilk Ballet and more dance styles would be awesome. Something geared towards the children would be great. What would be even better? Male stuff, I don't mean what we've gotten because my sims don't use any of it. I feel like male sims are so ignored that I would love to see them get more attention.

Other than that, I don't even know what I want. Everything they've released lately is such a buggy and untested hot mess that I can't bring myself to get excited.

Again, come on EA, prove me wrong and show me something exciting.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    We got two pictures of concepts for new worlds. What's everyone's thoughts?

It looks like we might be getting another city expansion maybe? With that second one being a dockside boardwalk that looks similar to, but not quite like San Myshunos.

The other is a colorful market with food stalls and -shrugs heavily-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2022
    Have you noticed the dog on the first EP concept? Why is there a dog in a new EP when we got dogs in Cats & Dogs expansion pack? I don't think concept art should present content that's won't be coming in that pack. At least I hope cats and dogs aren't coming in another pack. If you haven't purchased Cats & Dogs, of course. What if they plan on making Cats & Dogs base game? Would we get refund in that case? Just speculating and wondering.
    Behind-The-Sims-Summit-Stream-Event-9-27-screenshot.jpg
    picture from sims community
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Have you noticed the dog on the first EP concept? Why is there a dog in a new EP when we got dogs in Cats & Dogs expansion pack? I don't think concept art should present content that's won't be coming in that pack. At least I hope cats and dogs aren't coming in another pack. If you haven't purchased Cats & Dogs, of course. What if they plan on making Cats & Dogs base game? Would we get refund in that case? Just speculating and wondering.

Obviously, this is concept art, so it may not mean anything at all, but what I'm noticing is how the Sims appear to be in more defined groups. Maybe it means we can travel with dogs on a leash if we own the cats and dogs pack. I notice the parents seem to be holding the hands of the toddlers in the pictures. There are three instances of this. Also the Mom is carrying the baby in a backpack and appears to be walking alongside the child on the bike. It's probably nothing and probably can't happen in the game at all, but it would be nice if there was an update that allowed families to function better as a group when you arrive on a lot. Right now, everyone arrives and does their own thing. But how cool if you could take a walk together! For that matter, how cool if you could order food specifically for toddlers and children at festival booths or the pub in Cottage Living. That looks like it could be happening on the right hand side of the left picture. But I am probably reading too much into it. So trying not to get excited...
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am hoping that maybe they will have stores that sims can go in to and shop that would be awesome. I like your ideas @telemwill and what you noticed about the hand holding. Maybe there will be more of an open neighborhood. I love the idea of more of a generations style game play not the same as sims 3 but with a different spin. In the pack where we have snowboarding etc sims can go hiking together so maybe they have expanded that ability. The dev teams have said over the last year or so they were going to be working on story progression and other things.

All I know is this has been a big announcement and to me exciting. I love Sims 4 and look forward to this new content, but I am also looking forward to see and hear more about Project Rene too.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2022
    It was mentioned in another topic and after checking some photos and videos I tend to agree that a world with stalls looks somewhat like Gamcheon Culture Village in Busan South Korea. Hills, small colorful houses, multicolored boardwalk and art on it's sides. All checked.
    gamcheon-culture-villagesongdo-beach-jagalchi-market-half-day-tour-02.jpg
    But still not too close.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Concept art is just that; a concept. If they couldn't use other elements then there shouldn't be a bike in the second picture or a city skyline since we have both of those already. I doubt they're making c&d base game.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    We got two pictures of concepts for new worlds. What's everyone's thoughts?

It looks like we might be getting another city expansion maybe? With that second one being a dockside boardwalk that looks similar to, but not quite like San Myshunos.

The other is a colorful market with food stalls and -shrugs heavily-

I don't think it is a city over sea/ocean but more somethin' like Manhattan, an island in the city.
    Also the bridge reminds me of San Francisco