Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smartest sims poll

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
Which sims game has the most intelligent sims?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Smartest sims poll 42 votes

The sims 4, how could it not it’s the newest version!
30%
LeGardePourpreGalacticGaldanacnbrettmcruddSusanaLeotefriendlysimmerscchant86Colton147147comicsforlifeEA_MariL33tP33tNWJustinB113Ray_Trace 13 votes
The sims 3,
69%
Deshong04Dijktafoneheiblumemaggiemae8135Torietaydevduhboy2u2spice3phantasmkissBreeMilesbenson2006ChuChuExpressDoloresGreyOnverserSimplyBreacarlimactZeeGeeOldeseadoggeHorrorgirl6RedShoe7 29 votes

Comments

• Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    I meant to add the sims 2 and 1 don’t know why I can’t edit this post
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    You can't edit polls. You may want to repost in the Sims Franchise section of the forum since it's not just a Sims 4 poll.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The sims 3,
    Yeah, Sims in 4 can multi-task a little, but there was just so much variety to personalities between Sims in 3.

In 4, each Sim gets four traits (three you pick, and an extra you don't). In 3, a fully grown Sim had five traits you picked, and if you had University, they could end up with a total of seven. There was more complexity that way. Also, before the current moods, traits weren't all about moods. They affected behaviors more.

Sims 4 is getting better (achingly slowly), but there are a lot of traits I don't even bother with because all they do is occasionally grant a confident moodlet easily overpowered by all the other moodlets in the game.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2022
    sometimes i feel like its sims 1 because they refuse to do anything if they don't want to and often refuse to socialize if your subjects suck

on other hand they can't get out of pool if it has no ladder but also we were discussing being smart not being fit or having better mobility than getting stuck in room because toy is in the way
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would say sims 2…… children could play tag and things together. You could have 8 sims playing a volleyball game etc. but the multi tasking in sims 4 is nice.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I would like to vote for sims 2. The sims in sims 2 were great because they felt like real personalities. Their trait points mattered, their wants were tied to their lifetime aspirations. Sims were also capable of taking care of themselves without problems.

I never played much with sims 3 but the little I did play gave me the impression that traits really changed their behaviour which made them feel unique.

In Sims 4 the sims loose way to much time with useless idle animations. The multitasking is useful but may have backfired with the recently implemented phone addiction for every sim. Emotions do not contribute to sims being smarter. They change too quickly. I was able to see how sims felt in previous versions without the game having to spell it out permanently in the corner of the screen. I think sims 4 might actually come last in being smart.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    One nice thing I can say about the intelligence of TS4 sims is that they're fairly good at keeping themselves alive when left to their own devices with autonomy on (well, at least as long as you're still on the lot and there's no hungry cow plant around). Apart from that, they're the dumbest simulated people I've ever controlled. Whether it's preparing food on bathroom counters when there's a perfectly functional counter right there in the kitchen, taking completely unnecessary detours to get from A to B, vampires accepting sunburns because the unthinkable alternative would be interrupting their current idle animation to rush inside, or all sims' extremely fickle emotions that border on mental illness... I can't remember any of that being so problematic in TS2. Those sims weren't particularly intelligent either, but at least they didn't do so many questionable things, TS1 sims were pretty helpless most of the time and I've never played TS3, so my vote goes to TS2.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2022
    The sims 3,
    Even if the poll had included TS1-TS2 I think I'd still vote TS3. They were really competent keeping themselves alive (even too competent since I actually wanted some unexpected deaths which like never happened cuz they were too smart lol) and seemed to be way less prone to illogical foolishness than the TS4 sims. By this I mean stuff like @GrumpyGlowfish mentioned.

Simple actions can become cumbersome since they are too busy playing musical chairs and taking unnecessary detours. I also recall my TS3 vampires would get themselves indoors quickly while in TS4 I have witnessed Vlad just standing still in direct sunlight till he burnt to death. When I'm not controlling TS4 vampires I often need to save them from their suicidal tendencies by adding them to a group and then directing them inside with my controllable sims.

In an unmodded game the emotions can be really silly as well and basically make all sims act in the same bipolar manner. Like, "Oh look, my dearest friend just died noooo- WAIT I have this amazing painting on my wall, I'm so happy!" TS3 sims had way more personality since their traits actually mattered in a consistent manner instead of being overridden by a fickle emotion system.

Sure, multitasking is pretty great in TS4 but I just can't look past all the stupid stuff they do. Some of which is caused by multitasking. Like, oh my god, just sit down and eat your freaking breakfast instead of taking it into the 3rd floor bathroom because you also want to chat with your spouse. (Bit of an exaggeration yeah but I think you know what I mean.)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited September 2022
    The sims 3,
    Thrior wrote: »
    Even if the poll had included TS1-TS2 I think I'd still vote TS3. They were really competent keeping themselves alive (even too competent since I actually wanted some unexpected deaths which like never happened cuz they were too smart lol) and seemed to be way less prone to illogical foolishness than the TS4 sims. By this I mean stuff like @GrumpyGlowfish mentioned.

Simple actions can become cumbersome since they are too busy playing musical chairs and taking unnecessary detours. I also recall my TS3 vampires would get themselves indoors quickly while in TS4 I have witnessed Vlad just standing still in direct sunlight till he burnt to death. When I'm not controlling TS4 vampires I often need to save them from their suicidal tendencies by adding them to a group and then directing them inside with my controllable sims.

In an unmodded game the emotions can be really silly as well and basically make all sims act in the same bipolar manner. Like, "Oh look, my dearest friend just died noooo- WAIT I have this amazing painting on my wall, I'm so happy!" TS3 sims had way more personality since their traits actually mattered in a consistent manner instead of being overridden by a fickle emotion system.

Sure, multitasking is pretty great in TS4 but I just can't look past all the stupid stuff they do. Some of which is caused by multitasking. Like, oh my god, just sit down and eat your freaking breakfast instead of taking it into the 3rd floor bathroom because you also want to chat with your spouse. (Bit of an exaggeration yeah but I think you know what I mean.)

What you’re describing with Vlad is why my vampire saves have been overpopulated with Master and Grand Master vampires. If I’m not staying with that particular vampire on a full time basis and I want to keep them alive I cheat them the rank and points to get full sun immunity. Later on if I rotate to them I may retrait them and make them classic sun adverse vamps. Then when I rotate away I restore their sun immunity.

I’d agree about the sims in TS4 being chaotic. I love them, but I wish they had the personalities and smarts of their cousins in TS3.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Not voting, because I play with autonomy off. But from what I've seen from challenges and townie behaviour, Sims 4 sims don't act so much as dumb, but immersion breaking. They hardly ever die except from cold when the game inists on spawning them in inappropriate outfits (not a sims A.I. issue) and when vampires don't realize the sun comes up, allowing old ladies to cloudgaze them to death.

Sims 3 sims being driven more by their traits than their emotions they are better at simulation regular lifes, but can die due to routing problems.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 2 the personality points and traits mattered each Sim felt unique. Things your Sims experienced mattered if a Sim seen their spouse cheat they would make it known they were upset even days later it was not something just instantly forgot.

Sims 4 Sims are not smart at all they talk and take care of basic needs that is all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The sims 3,
    Sims 3 still has smarter sims than Sims 4. Even the babies are smarter. :p
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    The sims 3,
    In the Sims 3 my sims dump their babies outside in the snow in the middle of winter, in the Sims 4 my sims step into the road infront of a car while texting, so it's pretty even. My Sims 3 sim would be in prison for gross negligence of a baby while my Sims 4 sim would've been hit by a car, so I guess the one that survived has the edge
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The sims 4, how could it not it’s the newest version!
    No Sims are "smart" per se and have their stupid moments but I do think Sims 4 are actually the smartest ones. They actually extinguish Sims on fire pretty effectively, like they can extinguish while they are swimming, over fences, even over small pools. The toddlers actually know how to feed themselves and will automatically grab a plate of food when hungry.

People kinda forget how stupid Sims 3 Sims actually are. They are perpetually obsessed over the computer regardless of their traits, and I see that memed in 4 while this occurs a lot in 3. During the middle of a full moon zombie night, they will constantly go outside and let themselves get bitten by zombies, especially if you have a horse stable outside (they obsess over trying to pet it despite the horse needing to sleep and you know ZOMBIES).

I don't know about prior Sims 4 titles but 4 had vampires that never took cover under sun (I wish there was a mod where vampires treat direct sunlight like blizzards and thunderstorms where they will run for cover automatically)....hell during a fire, they will route OUTSIDE in direct sunlight, letting themselves get killed.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2022
    The sims 3,
    From the games I played I think Sims from 1-3 are all smart in their own way, but because TS3 is the most advanced life simulator I've ever played, I will have to say The Sims 3 for the most realistic and human-like A.I. I've ever played in the Sims franchise.

As mentioned before, I literally can leave the game running and do not have to worry about my Sims not taking care of themselves, as I play with high free-will. Sims also take care of the young ones without my intervention and I can fast forward for Sim weeks and even a whole Sim month and all my Sims know how to take care of not only themselves but others. It amazes me to see the smooth calculation of how the real-time simulation runs in fast forward speed within an open seamless world scale. and it is very impressive.

Besides that, there was one time the A.I. actually solved a routing issue which I didn't know was even possible. So I have two toddlers and one potty chair for them to share and for some reason one of them always uses the potty chair and then immediately pulls out her imaginary friend doll, thus blocking the potty chair for when her sister needs to use it. I have watched this enough times and usually will tell the toddler to move somewhere else, although I think one time I directed one of the parents to pick up their toddler and place them elsewhere. Well, I once witnessed before I could even do anything that the father had picked up the toddler on his own and then placed her elsewhere in the same room so that her sister could use the potty. And then he proceeded to walk out the nursery and go about his business. That is one of many, many things I have seen how intelligent the A.I. is.

From my personal experience, The Sims 3 is a lot like The Sims in concept and still realizing what it means to be a life simulator and a people simulator. I see a lot of the core mechanics and overall vibe from The Sims in TS3 but in an advanced way and of course so much more improved upon to a certain extent. In other words, one of the main features in TS/TS2 that was not originally in TS3 base game was open shopping and open restaurants. I really enjoyed going food shopping, clothes shopping, dining out, going downtown to visit gift shops for dates, buying ice cream from the vendor and so much more. I also miss being able to order food by phone but TS3 could have done that online and by phone but now I just digress.

I've been playing TS3 13+ years now and I must say: Still.Not.Bored.

However, I wish there would be a real-time life simulation game that outdoes TS3 in every single way plus bringing its own innovation and creativity to the genre. But at least I have TS3, so I won't hold my breath, but I can at least dream...what if.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 2.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sims2! I would vote on it if you redid the poll with that as an option too.

Sims3 seem to have had more autonomy than sims4 sims for most of sims4 but it feels like sims4 has gotten s little better lately about sims seeming connected to things happening around them, so that's nice.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The sims 3,
    Those in TS2, actually, but 3 is closest I could get. EA claims notwithstanding, TS4 sims are the dumbest.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I meant to add the sims 2 and 1 don’t know why I can’t edit this post

Do a new post. TS2 has the smartest sims by far!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 2 definitely. You can just post a brand new poll and add all the games you meant to post.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Those in TS2, actually, but 3 is closest I could get. EA claims notwithstanding, TS4 sims are the dumbest.

I have to agree. Even TS1 sims were more interesting and emotional than TS4 sims. Such a missed opportunity to give them so many personality traits and career options and have their autonomous behaviour reflect none of it :( I had a health guru sim with all the traits that would make her a celebrity fitness expert who was besties with my vegetarian celebrity actress sim... but I had to take her key away because she kept coming over and making cake for no reason at all.