March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have an emotional attachment to your sims ?

Do you have an emotional attachment to your sims ? 107 votes

Yes
64%
CK213LeGardePourprewindweaverGalacticGalPlayerRayLeerudolphaxoJessiTheSpotted_CSusanaLeotesimgirl1010friendlysimmersCororong01denswanalanmichael1NinoosimLuvtehGeeksairotciv54lisasc360johnny33simsinmysleep 69 votes
A little
25%
EvvieSimmerpisceschick75Isb917FlashMarkerDarkLady2788TorietaydevSadieD123benson2006CAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieBrandontaylorSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaCoconut27SimmingalLucaslovesgamesEllupelluelluJustinB113Cangwen 27 votes
No
10%
Dec3338KelleygirlSimburianCinebarAncientMusemitchiebanjoMoonCrossWarrior22texxx78Chicklet453681SimSpockHeathertibb 11 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    I play to the game mainly because of my sims, I like them as much as Shepard in Mass Effect trilogy.

Of course not all of them but there are several sims that I keep with me since The Sims 2.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2022
    A little
    some sims could be eaten by mother for all I care and I've no problem eliminating them but others are more precious

currently struggling with playing goths because i find myself limited by wanting to do them justice as they were my favourite simmies when i was kid

like is this really what bella would do i ask myself as she makes bowl of salad no i answer to myself bella would never settle for garden salad she would rather burn another house down and tell me its my fault
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    No
    Not in the least!

I have enough emotional attachments, responsibilities, and drama in RL for 100 people, I don't need or want to add any more things that will make me worry and fret.

The Sims is and always has been just a game for me.

I don't try and recreate a "perfect life" with it. I play it to get away from RL so yeah, no emotional entanglements for me.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Yes
    When I dress my sims, I make sure they have socks even when they don't show...because their feet might be uncomfortable! sigh
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    @Chicklet453681

I mean as fictional characters.

Maybe you already shed a tear for a character in a movie.

edited August 2022
    Yes
    In The Sims 2, I imagined a sad backstory as a starting point, my sims try to move forward and have a happy life.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2022
    No
    No. But I don't usually develop any sort of emotional attachment to video game characters or movie characters. The rare exceptions are from shows like Band of Brothers, and things like that. Occasionally a well-written character reminds me of someone I know. Otherwise, it's all a big mental time-out for me from the responsibilities of real life. I intentionally don't re-create friends and family as Sims characters, partially for that reason.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Yes
    I've been playing the same family for almost 5 years so they're very special to me. But only in the context of gameplay.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    A little
    Yes if i play same sim for long, and im writing a story (in my head at least) then sure, but not like in real life, these are just pixel people in pixel game :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,825 Member
    A little
    yeah some of them... the ones i feel are irreplaceable, i consider them my all star sims. But right now i just did a prequel for the first time; i aged down my adult sim to goto high school, be the prom king before going to uni...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yes but it wasn't always that way. i started my legacy in 2015. a 4th of july fireworks distraction .now 1 death and 1 divorce and 5 yrs later still trying to finish it. it breaks a lot. without my nieces my family is 3 people. the benders have 5 kids together. then noel had 3 with his now girlfriend roxanne. lauren his ex has 1 with a guy i call i shouldn't have done it. and last time i was in game she and akeibo whats his name had 1. her new boyfriend. i know this is long i don't get to play til tommorrow
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    A little
    It happens occasionally, but I don’t take those feelings anywhere beyond gameplay. I can easily immerse myself and truly live in a moment and feel everything there is to feel, but as soon as the game is switched off, so do my emotions.

I’m pretty good at it when it comes to sims and people in general….
    Some call me a cold hearted robot man, but I’d be an absolute train wreck if I couldn’t flip that emotion switch. Too much love in there, too much luuurv.

Wait, this isn’t a session with my shrink. Anyways, thanks for listening. It helped. ❤️
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2022
    No
    None at all for TS4. Several in the older games. Some of my Sims have lived twenty years in my older games. It's not like they are going to die or get hurt and or be upset too long in TS4. If Maxis thinks it's ok to just delete the mom, dad, kid, brother, sister or whomever, why should I be attached to them? Just delete them drop in a new somebody to replace them..that's the shallowness of TS4. Or heck the very same Sim from the bin and viola they're back! Nope no attachments at all.

Mom there used to be this guy here, was he my dad? Oh, look Molly, here is the same dude and we can just go on without the old one and pretend this is the same one..... :s

But yes, to some in the older games...and my files, and my creations, and my downloads, and my builds, and my worlds I built and my own cc and yeah...I guess so. lol

Edit to add, but I know why I have these attachments to the games. Because I lost three family members during series of TS1 and TS2 with a short period of time (less than eight years) so I'm not surprised I have these attachments to the older games and all my work and files and saves etc. Tons of things saved to thumbdrives, saved to external harddrives, saved to discs etc. I'm realistic to know why I have the attachment.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Yes
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    yeah some of them... the ones i feel are irreplaceable, i consider them my all star sims. But right now i just did a prequel for the first time; i aged down my adult sim to goto high school, be the prom king before going to uni...

This is how I feel, though I voted yes. It's my all star sims who I'm attached to. If I lost those, Id be upset. Others I just delete because I tried them out and didn't like them. Although sometimes I regret it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    A little
    It depends on which household they are. I have many different timeline game saves now, so I have a bit of trouble remembering most of my households. ;)
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    A little
    Sometimes I grow attached to a sim, I end up feeling responsible for them and I want them to have a good life. However if I a sim constantly does stupid things I tend to get angered by them, which is another emotional attachment but that leads to me thinking "go ahead and make a mess of things then" and I can quickly stop caring. Other times I feel indifferent about my sims and some I just make to test if a particular build works, or if I want them as background NPC's instead of the premades.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    Yesh! Only my special circle of sims but that's because not only have I been with them for years since I started ts4, but they go beyond the sims for me. They are characters originally from my stories and as someone who lived quite isolated and lived in the pages of my stories I find my characters very special to me. I think any writer can relate though to how deep emotions can run with your characters because you have to BECOME them in order to bring them to life in a book. Sometimes I feel like I've lived 1000 lives 😆. I'm still living those lives😆
    I also tend to get very attached to people in real life (like my siblings are my entire world), even people I'm around but don't associate with because I'm very shy and quiet. When they're gone I find myself missing them. Maybe I just love people lol. And my sims are kind of like people for me due to the reasons stated above.
    But I can also separate fiction from reality 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Yes

Yes! You know the saying, ‘the family you choose’? Well, my sims are ‘the family you make’. Maybe that sounds a little pathetic, but oh well! I’m a nurturer and need lots of little people (even pixel ones) to nurture, lol. :smiley:
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    A little
    Yes, but in different ways and levels. Some of my sims speak to me the way great literary or movie characters do, and some are just vehicles for a story session. But some are extensions of myself, and those I am certainly attached to.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    No
    Definitely no. I don't play with any one particular sim or family of sims for any great length of time to develop any kind of an attachment. I rotate around a lot and/or am always creating new sims to play.

I guess I'm always creating new 'flavours' of sims to play with (and new game saves) because I have a gazillion ideas in my head and want to bring each and every one of those ideas to fruition in my game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    Yes
    Yes, that’s why I always have the aging turned off
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes
    Oh of course. I have so much emotional attachment to them that I rip their models and even put them in other games.

AREnGNw.jpg

mqm4sq61oq6y.jpg
    A1hnP0t.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Yes
    Depends on the sim. Some are strong favourites, played for years.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Yes
    yes to the point of not letting them age or die
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Yes
    Most of my own, played sims. I have many many saves with the Watcher knows how many families/sims. There are always those I come back to, no matter how long its been. I still have my first sim and her family from 2017, when I started playing this iteration. Every sim I get attatched to are spoiled rotten, they get practically everything they could possibly want or need.

Many I played just end up as "fillers", though, and even though I will set them up to live a good life, I'm not attatched to them in any way. They just didn't catch my interest enough.