Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sewing, pottery or glassblowing?

2...Next

Comments

• TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Sewing
    All of them, but if I have to pick an order of preference: sewing would be first, then pottery, then glassblowing. Please, oh, please!

I used to love the sewing machine in TS2.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Pottery
    All of them, but if I have to pick an order of preference: sewing would be first, then pottery, then glassblowing. Please, oh, please!

I used to love the sewing machine in TS2.

Sewing would be nice if it came with a sewing patterns magazine like Burda.
  • juiceismahlyfejuiceismahlyfe Posts: 5 New Member
    Pottery
    pottery is cool
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Sewing
    Sewing. Though I'm biased, as that's what I'm most familiar with in real life. You could have your sim sew clothing. Could also have them sew curtains. Decorative furniture. Plush toys. Yes please.

The other two sound fun too. How about giving us all three?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Pottery
    I voted for Pottery because I enjoyed making pottery in real life more than sewing. I would really love to have all three.
    Funny thing is, I was coming here to post a request for them to add pottery, blacksmithing, and glassblowing.

They had a pottery wheel in Sims3 and there was a glassblowing kit for the Sims3Store. Sewing would also be great. I haven't gotten too in to Nifty Knitting yet but I thought it brought in sewing. Was I wrong?

I'd love to have old fashioned spinning wheels and looms as well as high tech advanced sewing machines.

I would like medieval style kiln, throwing wheel (aka pottery wheel), wedging table (wedging is when you take muddy clay and knead/form it until it is dry enough to form), wooden tools for shaping, etc. I would also like a medieval forge, grindstone, anvil, tools, etc. For glassblowing I haven't researched much what was used but some sort of oven- maybe even the sort of forge used for metal-- as well as shaping tools would be nice. I'd want my sims to be able to make leaded glass windows, glass goblets, glass jewelry, etc.

I'm trying to make my D&D fortress and I need more medieval style stuff.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Pottery
    Suceress wrote: »
    I voted for Pottery because I enjoyed making pottery in real life more than sewing. I would really love to have all three.
    Funny thing is, I was coming here to post a request for them to add pottery, blacksmithing, and glassblowing.

Blacksmithing would be fun, as long as you could make swords and there was a swordplay skill.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Pottery
    Definitely pottery skill and the pottery wheel! It has been so fun to craft vases and other pottery items in Sims 2
    670px-Hobby_Arts_and_Crafts.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    Pottery
    They'd all be great! But pottery is my choice, since it's a real hobby of mine.
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 140 Member
    Pottery
    Pottery as I loved that pottery wheel Sims 2 - be nice to make your own crockery and display articles
    Glassblowing came a close second - then visualised an extra sideline: sim pounding metal poles into "sand plot" similar to current garden beds during storm for lightning strikes (risking being struck by lightning themselves)
    Sewing last as I imagine it would end up as another spinoff of knitting again
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I'll not vote. You didn't give an option for all 3
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    Pottery
    Simmingal wrote: »
    imagine if we could trap sims souls in them

imagine if u could have gardens full of lovely sculptures that may or may not be sims that disappeared under mysterious circumstances

You could literally be the White Witch! I love this!
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • AnimangaGirlAnimangaGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    Glassblowing
    For me all of these 3 would be great xD I choose the glass cuz I really want my sim to make pretty shining stuff xD I can imagine my sim making glass unicorns and fairies <3 glass horses, seahorses, bunnys, dolphins, whales, jellyfish and other marine animals, glass stars and glass moons and other planets, glass roses and other glass flowers, etc, ofc they would create vases and lamps too but that's the normal stuff xD and why not a resin craft stuff too? now resin is really treading xD I really enjoy watching those resin videos but never tried doing myself.

The sewing would be cool too cuz like that my sim could be a fashion designer and make clothes like with the knitting stuff and then sell them xD I also enjoy the pottery xD
  • willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    glass blowing
  • KiraGiggleZKiraGiggleZ Posts: 15 Member
    Pottery
    I feel like pottery would be similar to the word working but it would be cool none the less. Glass blowing does seem a bit more unique. Especially if your glass could have color variations of your glass. Honestly the sewing seems nice but with the knitting and cross stitching additions already available pottery or glassblowing would bring something a bit more new.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Pottery
    I feel like pottery would be similar to the word working but it would be cool none the less. Glass blowing does seem a bit more unique. Especially if your glass could have color variations of your glass. Honestly the sewing seems nice but with the knitting and cross stitching additions already available pottery or glassblowing would bring something a bit more new.

I think with all crafting hobbies, it depends on what items the sims can craft, if they are nice or useful enough to warrant the effort. With sewing it would be nice if sims could sew teddy bears and some nice clothes with different patterns, even better if there is some possibility for customization by the simmer, with different patterns and such. With glass blowing it would be nice if they could make vases that we could stock with flowers and glass beads necklaces and bracelets.