Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to set house/roommates personal space & items.

I'm playing a household of non-related characters. Basically an all roommate situation with 4 Sims are part of the household, and 3 are NPC roommates.

However they are often in each other's rooms, using each other's bathrooms, on each other's computers, (the computer use option doesn't seem to work 100%), or using other items in their roommates room, even siblings frown on this.

It would be nice if we could assign a room (or multiple rooms) to a particular Sim not just the bed, for now have the bed be used as a marker assigning a room to the Zoom would be helpful.

Sim should be predisposed to using the bathroom connected to their assigned room, as well as items inside of it. This doesn't have to be hard fast rule but just having Sims be predisposed to choose their assigned room for activities, then common spaces, then finally a roommate/family members room but weighted to avoid that scenario.

There are plenty of times one Sim is sleeping, with another roommate Sim on their game platform which could even be used as a point of conflict depending on the friendship level, and you should always be able to click on the unwanted Sim and kick them out of your room, or simply ask them to leave ;).

This would also be good for assigning different room types such as Kitchen, Study, Gym. etc... were Sims would first go to workout in the gym assigned room, before a roommate's treadmill, and house/roommates would cook in the kitchen assigned room before a stove in the basement.

It would be a nice touch for livability, instead of Sims just barging into each other's rooms, bathrooms, as well as for cooking and other activities in strange places... I have a small swimming pool in a mermaid's room, but of course everybody swims in it instead of the pool out back.

Comments

• KiraGiggleZKiraGiggleZ Posts: 15 Member
    I agree. Having defined areas of a home overall would be awesome. It's semi achievable with locking doors for certain sims but that function is iffy at best something more concreate would be really useful for sure.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I agree. Having defined areas of a home overall would be awesome. It's semi achievable with locking doors for certain sims but that function is iffy at best something more concreate would be really useful for sure.

What happens with the door locks in Sims4? I was enjoying the ability to specify which sims could open which doors in Sims3 and it works really well.

Of course if it worked just as well in 4, that's still a heavy-handed solution because then, roommates and family members can never come into someone's room unless you unlock it temporarily and then re lock each time, which is a hassle and breaks immersion.

I wish they could bring back the doormats from Sims2 which let sims claim an apartment when there were attached ones on the same lot. That plus designating or claiming doors in a dorm, made all the difference.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think locking doors is a good option if you just want private bedrooms and bathrooms, or even private apartments though it might be difficult to see what everyone is doing in different places. I've never had issues with assigning computers either. Also, from what I've seen, sims tend to use whatever furniture when you first start playing them, but once you get them into a routine, they sort of learn which furniture they need to use.