Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Xbox crashing constantly

deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Console Discussion
I get to the main menu but when I try to load my save it crashes while loading I've tried power cycling my console and nothing please help
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Have you attempted to start a new game save, just to see if the crashing continues? One possibility could be that maybe your game save has been corrupted. I had it happen to me once (a while back) on the console.
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    Hello, Fellow Console simmer here. I have had the same happen in the past as well. does the crashing happen during travel? entering create a sim and having big parties? If so, for me I save before and after travel, before and after entering CAS and I will save after every milestone. for parties, I wouldn't invite more then 13 people because I've noticed too many sims can make your game crash. also, unless for weddings. I would keep your parties on sims at your place so that you're not traveling with a bunch of sims, that can crash the game even if you do save. also if you have an old xbox I'd update it because I had an old xbox and it would do the same thing. hope this helps :)
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @deadncrispy Hope this helps, first thing you can do is this:
    1. Contact EA Help, or the developers of The Sims 4, or possibly Xbox support......via phone, email or chat and tell them your situation, they should be able to look into your save file and check for any corruptions or other issues and repair it.

Below are the steps you can take to improve the performance of your console and The Sims 4, It is not guaranteed to work, but there is a decent chance it will at least help. It may also fix your loading save file issue; fingers crossed.
    1.On Xbox, press guide button go to settings under power options select the Shutdown energy saving option
    2. In settings go to storage devices and clear local saved games, you will not lose any saved data, it will be on the cloud and will sync next time you play.
    3. In settings go to devices and connections or connectivity and select blue ray, select persistent storage, clear that twice, you will not lose any data or game save.
    4. While system is on, hold the power button until the power shuts down, once that happens unplug the power cable, the HDMI cable and the ethernet cable wait about 2 minutes then plug them back in, wait one more minute turn on console.
    5. Under settings go to system then console info, and reset console keep my games and apps(VERY IMPORTANT) that you choose reset console keep my games and apps, if you do the other reset option you will reset your console back to the way it was when you first opened it out the box, no profile, no games, no saves...so pick reset console keep my games and apps also (VERY IMPORTANT) before you do this process make sure that you can log into your profile on Xbox, that you know your password or you will not be able to log back into your profile and you may not have access to your games and saves, etc. This process takes about 10 minutes.
    6. If none of the above help try reinstalling the game, save your family/your household, your house to the gallery if you would like so you can use it again.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Oh, my answer here is late, and you've probably already dealt with your issue, but in case your still having troubles, I would reinstall my game and all content, and delete all files both local and on the cloud, why because I just did it a few days ago and I noticed immediate improvements.
    -load times were significantly faster
    -sims did commands more efficiently
    -my pets finally started doing what they were supposed to, like scratch furniture play with toys etc.
    -I get a fresh start
    -the game is smoother in general, still lags going into build mode but i just pause it and it fixes it 90 percent of the time
    -my house inventory finally is free of thousands of dragon fruit seeds and other items which i heard slows your game.
    -Just overall everything seems to be working better, smoother and more like it supposed too, but I haven't had a chance to test everything yet.
    -just uninstall the game at night and start reinstalling everything in que then go to sleep next day it will all be there, if you have any concerns' contact Microsoft support or store and you can talk on the phone as you do it.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,260 EA Community Manager
    Please report technical issues and bugs on Answers HQ, you can find the link in my signature below.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top