Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2022
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 159 – Little Green Men

@AfterMidnight
    MvCJlTL.png
    Interstellar Abode is a great home for the Greene family! You have done a great job on the exterior design of the home. By using many geometric shapes and colors you have given this home a beautiful modern look. The decks are a nice addition, the half walls and glass combination are a great idea. The landscaping is well done and suits the world well. I like the few alien plants that you have included. The interior of the home has a nice design and is decorated well. Your color choices work well with the home, complementing the modern theme nicely. You have added so many nice skill and activity rooms for the family to enjoy throughout the house. It is a beautiful home!

Suggestions: I really couldn’t find anything to suggest except that the family may appreciate some stairs inside the home rather than just ladders. That is really just a matter of preference though.

@Jazmi1396
    csavOiL.png
    You have built a beautiful home for the Greene family! You have done a wonderful job of the landscaping; the exotic plants, fountains, and flower gardens look great. You have created many nice private areas for the family to enjoy outdoors. Even including a small pool! The exterior of the home is well done. The white wall coverings with the round windows work well together and the glass rail on the decks suits the house nicely. The interior of the home has a nice layout and the geometric design features you have added look great. The design of the main bedroom is especially well done, and it is great that Martin and Marlene even have their own private terrace. Well done!

Suggestions: I would suggest using the terrain paint tool around the edges of buildings and plants, it can really take your landscaping to the next level.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AfterMidnight

iKWDngG.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Congratulations on winning the expert level @AfterMidnight B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 157 - Winter Designer Showdown

@pammiechick
    2WZKDoz.png
    You have designed a beautiful starter home for Dylan and Sally. The outdoor space is very well done! The pond, bridge and dining area are wonderful and you have done an excellent job of making the lot fit in with its surroundings. Your alterations to the original container suit the gardening theme very well, with the glass roof and the large window that you have added. The main living quarters look great with all the natural earthy tones that you have used and different wall textures. The layout of the home is well designed and the artwork on the walls makes this home look extra special.

Suggestions: Remember to be careful when placing items. You don’t want items cutting into each other. I noticed that one of your rugs was partially hidden under the wall.

@coolsim9999999
    IxTJ6PO.png
    Your home for the newlyweds, Dylan and Sally, is lovely! The landscaping looks great and you have added so many nice outdoor features and activities for them to enjoy. You have been very creative with the design of this house; adding lots of color and using different wall textures to make this home look special and unique. The open concept living space is nice and the home definitely has a cheerful feel about it. You have done a great job displaying Sally’s artwork and the container is set up well for both gardening and painting. Dylan and Sally should be very happy with the home that you have designed for them!

Suggestions: Although the shape of your house is very unique, it must have made it difficult placing items. Perhaps making the long stretch one square wider would have given you a little bit more flexibility with decorating.

@MaryKup
    eSfAywE.jpg
    What a cute little starter home you have designed for Dylan and Sally! You have done a great job on the landscaping, choosing plants that will grow well in Oasis Springs. The container in the back of the yard works well there, especially with the path along the side of the house leading to the nicely done entrance. The container workshop is set up well for their business, I like that you even included a ceiling fan. The interior of the home is decorated well. It has a nice layout and the colors that you chose to decorate with work well with the style of the house. It was nice to see you added many clutter items, which really makes this house look like a home.

Suggestions: Adding terrain paint around the edges of the buildings as well as around plants and other outdoor objects would really make your build come alive.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @pammiechick

aKW6tBo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions and hard work in judging. Really appreciated! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Congratulations on winning the established level @pammiechick B)<3!

Thanks so much for the great suggestions on my build @BuildnShare B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations on winning the established level @pammiechick B)<3!

Thanks so much for the great suggestions on my build @BuildnShare B)<3!

Thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    You're welcome @pammiechick :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – 162 - Safe Haven

@AlJay
    WNBcnIM.png
    I really enjoyed seeing pics of the meeting at Burger King where your wonderful idea of a safe haven for everyone was warmly welcomed and it was good to hear the community spirit of Brindleton Bay. Harmony House fits in very well here with it’s pleasant façade, your choice of wall textures is spot on and the landscaping brings colour and warmth to the house. Fantastic layout of the exteriors and the stone pathways add lots of interest winding around to the different areas. I absolutely love the design of your greenhouse, looks so realistic and also how you’ve made a feature of the hot tub in the middle of the pool. My favourite place is the yoga gazebo, this would be my dream! Going inside the house is a great feeling of peace with the soft palette and the way each room flows into the next. Beautiful motivational artwork adorning the walls brings cheer, inspiration and happiness to the rooms. You really have thought about everything for everyone in this build, a truly safe haven for all.

Suggestions: So difficult to find anything to improve this beautiful creation other than adding more rugs in the garage and perhaps posters on the walls here, just to make it look more ‘lived in’.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 163 - Summer Designer Showdown

@Daiyu
    2MahESL.png
    The mini mansion that you have designed is beautiful! The landscaping and yard décor look very nice. The green house and garden area are a nice touch. The pool with the pergola is especially beautiful, and it is great that you even added a garage to the property as well. The layout of the home is well done. The attic access was a great idea! Everything flows together very nicely and the way you have decorated suits the style of the home very well. The colors and furniture that you have chosen compliment each other nicely and create an elegant look. Great job!

Suggestions: I would suggest taking advantage of the terrain paint tool when you are landscaping, it adds a little extra dimension. Also, when creating your slideshow, it is very helpful for the judges if you take individual pictures of the rooms so we can see all the details a little bit better.

@ForeverTuesday
    tU5HwuF.png
    I love the backstory that you have added for this challenge. What a creative idea to make the home a multi family dwelling! The exterior of the home looks great with the stone and dark wood combination and having the deck with the shared outdoor area is a great idea for an apartment building design. You have made great use of the space, being able to fit four different apartment units in the building, each with their own unique personality. Adding the mail room and shared laundry facilities was a great idea as well. You have added so many nice details to each home. You have done a wonderful job on this challenge!

Suggestions: I really don’t know what to suggest, I love this build just the way it is. I suppose, adding railing to the front stairs would look nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ForeverTuesday

tk1dhL0.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 164 - The Hawthorne Project Phase XV

@IvyRowen
    m1CGaXt.png
    The home that you have designed for the Daniels family is wonderful! The yellow exterior and the flowering trees in the front yard give the home a very cheery and inviting feel. The front porch gives the home great curb appeal and the family will be sure to enjoy the back patio as well. It was a great idea to keep the patio fenced in for the toddlers. The interior of the home has a nice design. Keeping the nursery close to the parents’ bedroom is smart and I’m sure Rocky will love having a little privacy over on the other side of the house. Adding the exercise room was very thoughtful. The artwork that you have used adds a nice touch, along with the plants and other decorations. Well done!

Suggestions: One thing I would recommend is to be careful when placing rugs. It doesn’t seem quite right to place them under permanent fixtures like a tub or toilet.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @IvyRowen

KMHszsl.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@IvyRowen
    32MLmPv.png
    Rocky’s bedroom looks great! The colors and the style that you have used suit a teen boy very well. The custom art on the walls looks wonderful and Rocky will be sure to enjoy gaming at his computer. It is a very nice room!

Suggestions: Adding a few clutter items would have looked great in this room. Even just some books, or something, on the desk.
    3gHHX7s.png

KMHszsl.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@IvyRowen
    F5bXDaJ.png
    You have done a wonderful job of updating the Daniels family for their new home. It is great to see them enjoying the space in their new outfits. They are a very nice-looking family!
    3gHHX7s.png

KMHszsl.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • IvyRowenIvyRowen Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2022
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate the guidance and will try to keep them in mind in my future builds.

Edit: I want to give my congrats to @Aljay and @ ForeverTuesday as well.
    Post edited by IvyRowen on
    “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” —Barbara De Angelis

My Gallery
    Congratulations on winning @AlJay for your house B)<3 and @ForeverTuesday and @IvyRowen for starting out B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Congratulations on winning the expert level @AfterMidnight B)<3!

Thank you! I just saw this today; my computer died, so I was out of commission for a bit. 😅 I’m looking forward to getting back to building!
    You're very welcome @AlJay and @AfterMidnight :)! I'm glad your computer is back now @AfterMidnight! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• IvyRowenIvyRowen Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you for your kind congrats, @coolsim9999999
    “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” —Barbara De Angelis

My Gallery
    You're welcome @IvyRowen :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 164 - The Hawthorne Project Phase XV

@Pinkusfamily
    ROFkxKp.jpg
    The Daniels family is loving you, Pinkusfamily! This lot is jam-packed with details and personality! The colorful, kid-friendly interior of this home will be just the thing for a family with two toddlers and an infant. Plenty of detail was also placed into creating a dream teen-room, complete with an electric guitar and gorgeous, large computer!
    You thought of so many details that a family would not just need but also enjoy. I love that you also added features that would help with dad’s physical issues, and the ability to work and be creative from home as needed. Plus the money saving and resource creating details are great ideas!

Suggestions: I was curious, so I placed and tested something. I found that for my tester the teen’s computer was not useable by having them do it autonomously or by clicking on the computer to send them (queue would drop). When I moved the skull (with MOO off) to where it snapped to behind the computer on the right, I still had the issue. However, I then also deleted the plant on the table and the Sim could use the computer normally. I just mention this as a tip, as I’ve also run into this since I use MOO. A lot.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulatins on winning @Pinkusfamily ! B)<3
    4kkjdXo.png

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare !

The insight in to MOO is informative.. I will Have to remember this when Play testing...

Thank you all..

Exciting to see more results, for the expert category..
    I saw that there are about 2 or 3 months behind ..

I enjoy all the Build N Share challenges...
    You're welcome @Pinkusfamily :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare !

The insight in to MOO is informative.. I will Have to remember this when Play testing...

Thank you all..

Exciting to see more results, for the expert category..
    I saw that there are about 2 or 3 months behind ..

I enjoy all the Build N Share challenges...

We're always telling people on Deaderpool's Discord server not to use MOO on (or in this case around) things sims need to interact with. Plant, statue and skull on a side table? Sure. Near a computer? Nope!
    image.png
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 165 - Barndominium

@Theraythe
    HxkagBV.jpg
    Beautiful work turning the old barn at Pleasant View Farm into such a charming contemporary farmhouse for the family to enjoy. The façade is clean and crisp with the light and dark contrasts and the gorgeous plants are very attractive and welcoming at the front. Wonderful layout with the open plan concept being the focal point leading to the other rooms. Lovely cosy and homely atmosphere to this place and I love the well stocked country kitchen. Great choice of ladder to the loft area where the children will have lots of fun in the playroom. Going outside it’s wonderful to see such a large outdoor space with the different areas clearly defined. The pathway leading to the firepit adds and air of mystery and the design of the treehouse is truly unique, such fun!

Suggestions: It took some time to work out your presentation which was rather disorganised. It is always nice to start with overhead pictures and elevations of a build then to be taken on a tour of the house, inside and out. We also like each picture to be labeled with a brief description as it’s not always clear which room is which.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Theraythe
    EADTl3s.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 165 - Barndominium

☆ @ JojoMOMSTER ☆
    rZM9JDC.png
    You have designed a beautiful home for the Rey-Villareal family! Using a machine shed as a structure was a great idea and you achieved the look very well. The landscaping is very nicely done. The bridge looks great as an entrance to the farm and it was nice to see that you have added so many outdoor activities for the family to enjoy. The interior of the home looks great as well! The layout is well done and flows together nicely. Keeping the galvanized walls suits the style of the build, especially with the little industrial touches you have added. Your color choices work well with the home and it is great that you have added so much personality to each room. All the little details and clutter items really make this feel like a home. Well done!

Suggestions: I noticed that the shower in the primary suite is exposed to the rest of the bathroom. A curtain or wall to prevent excess water splatter might have been a nice thing to add.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER

TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

☆ @ coolsim9999999 ☆
    br6Ffld.png
    The playroom that you have designed is so fun! The rainbow of colors is beautiful and the beams on the walls really make the room look rustic and barn like. It is nice that you have added storage cabinets on the walls for extra toys and have given the children so many fun things to do in the room. You even added a radio! Great job!

Suggestions: The clean freak in me is bothered by all the stones on the floor. I probably would not have added so many of them, but that may just be personal preference.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999

KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top