Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy I got My Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to work again through Origin!!!

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
For a very long time I was not able to play My Sims 2 ultimate collection, I could not figure out how to get it to work through Origin again, but Yesterday I re-added My Sims 2 game discs into My windows 10 PC, then clicked on play & it loaded but then I noticed that I did not have all the packs for it, so I tried to re-add all My sims 2 game packs but instead got the Blocked message, then I noticed in Origin that My Ultimate Collection game was on a different page instead of My Library page, so I clicked on play and again it loaded but same thing happened none of the other packs showed up, then I noticed that there was a update button for My game in origin so I clicked on the update and what ya know it updated, then I clicked on Play again And I was so happy to see all my packs & families are back in my game where i left them, so I am happy i can now play My Sims 2 ultimate collection again, even My CC stuff was still in it, :)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yay! :mrgreen:
    I hope you have lots of Fun playing again. :cookie:
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yay! :mrgreen:
    I hope you have lots of Fun playing again. :cookie:

Thank you, :)
  • _jjlila_jjlila Posts: 1 New Member
    Excuse me , what CD do you have ? just base game right ? I try to find real disc with a new origin code on shop. but I would like to ask if I bought it from store, will I get an ultimate collection or just sims 2 in a disc ?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    _jjlila wrote: »
    Excuse me , what CD do you have ? just base game right ? I try to find real disc with a new origin code on shop. but I would like to ask if I bought it from store, will I get an ultimate collection or just sims 2 in a disc ?

Ultimate Collection was only ever offered through Origin and it's no longer available to get.

Any Sims 2 disc you buy will just be the base game without any patches or expansions.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited October 2022
    Now if I could get Sims 2 to play on the new EA App. it starts but then screen goes all large, like old video size (480 x 640?) and game doesn't run, can't even use the Task Manager to end it. I'm on a Windows 11 laptop with 32gb memory & Radeon graphics card, also plenty of HD space. Also weird is that I have the Ultimate Collection, but the game icon says Double Deluxe.

EDIT: After doing some searching on AnswersHQ I found a couple threads about Sims 2 and the EA App. Seems that when you first play the game it can take up to 10 or more minutes to get set up and run (took about 7 minutes for me) & during that time it appears the game isn't responding. Also, even though the icon says Double Deluxe it *is* the Ultimate Collection (has everything up to Mansions & Gardens).
    Post edited by Starfree on
    edited October 2022
    I decided to block Origin from my server so it won't update - I hope.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member

How did you do that?
    @candyboot wrote: »

How did you do that?

I searched how to stop an App from connecting to the internet on Win10.
    I kept the site up to make sure I could undo it if Origin wouldn't open my game unless it could phone home. It took about 30 seconds of it trying and then it opened.

I have the disks for Sims 3. I don't like Sims 4. I doubt I'll like Sims 5, so Origins App is not important to me.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Yea, they shouldn't have made it to where you can't have both. That way players who do have issues with the older games in the EA App can use Origin for the older games, but transfer the games that are current to EA App for further updates.

So Simmers who haven't moved to Sims 4 could continue to just use Origin and those that had fully moved on to Sims 4 can ditch Origin and go with the EA App and those who play all 3 or a mixture of them can use both.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Is there going to be a problem using sims3 once origin goes away? 😮
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg