Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Sims 4 is not completed. & if Sims 5 has less realism. I will be done purchasing the game and it’s packs if EA continues to ignore the sims community then I will continue to ignore their trash files 🗑
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    There are bugs in Sims 4, which they do attempt to patch (most games are also full of bugs) but what do you mean by "not completed"? and "... has less realism"? Graphics? Gameplay? What? And "trash files"? huh?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Personally, Sims 5 will probably a VR, Multiplayer nothing game. :s No thank you very much.
    My next new game is going to be Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. :p
    I doubt it will be VR. VR kit is expensive, so will cut a lot of potential buyers off.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    ... if it's too expensive and too much RAM memory for my laptop.

Also if it's set in the real world with completely realistic graphics because, for me, that will kill the magic and fun of the game.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2022
    If it's online or multiplayer. No caveats. If it's online/multiplayer with the option to be offline, still not interested. Every game that has done this has been a complete disaster (from what I've read).

@SERVERFRA Did you see that they have over 1 million players? Within the first two weeks of it being available? I have a simming friend who is playing it and she loves it. I'm probably going to get it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, Sims 5 will probably a VR, Multiplayer nothing game. :s No thank you very much.
    No chance that Sims 5 is VR the Sims team knows its fan base and sadly most seem to be on low end pcs or even worse laptops, Sims will never be VR. Now online I'm sure they will toss that in and destroy the game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    No chance that Sims 5 is VR the Sims team knows its fan base and sadly most seem to be on low end pcs or even worse laptops, Sims will never be VR. Now online I'm sure they will toss that in and destroy the game.

I'm on a laptop.

It's more powerful than many PCs. I paid an insane amount of money for a gaming laptop.

But yeah, TS4 is made for somebody with a toaster and dialup to play. Shameful how much they charge for such a low end game. I really wish they'd do what other titles do with this level of a game, either get a better computer or don't get the game. Since they won't, then it needs to be a lot cheaper (the game).
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited September 2022

I'm on a laptop.

It's more powerful than many PCs. I paid an insane amount of money for a gaming laptop.

But yeah, TS4 is made for somebody with a toaster and dialup to play. Shameful how much they charge for such a low end game. I really wish they'd do what other titles do with this level of a game, either get a better computer or don't get the game. Since they won't, then it needs to be a lot cheaper (the game).

I actually had a few gaming laptops that exceeded the requirements but it still plays like butt on them. It only works well on my current laptop that is almost like a portable desktop. 🤡
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Still haven't changed.
    If it's a multiplayer game, I don't want it.
    I don't care if they toss in a single player mode.

What I want is a new game with TS4 style graphics, but with more detailed objects and textures. It should have a TS3 open world, or a TS4 styled world with open sub-hoods. It should play more like the Sims 2 with memories, wants and fears, aspiration failure, attraction system, cars. Weather should be in the base game. Sprinkle in all the great features from TS2, 3, and 4.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I'm on a laptop.

May I ask why a laptop? I assume it does not have a 29" monitor like my desktop.

The min specs are really only suitable for the base game. People with low end machines start to have trouble when they add more and more extras. And yes, the game and its add-ons are a ridiculous price.

... if it's too expensive and too much RAM memory for my laptop.

Also if it's set in the real world with completely realistic graphics because, for me, that will kill the magic and fun of the game.

I would assume it will be, and I hope it does have. Considering how old Sims 4 is now, it does have realistic graphics from the time of creation. I would like to see the graphics less 'painted' on rendering. More and deeper detail please. Oh, and at night, it to actually go dark! Ditto when the lights are off. As it is now it seems to make no difference to Sim actions if the lights are on or not. Save money, turn off the lights!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited October 2022
    If the Sims 5 is Ultra Realistic and the Sims 4 doesn’t get refreshes or extreme improvements, they can forget about any hope of me buying the Sims 5.

At the minimum, I need a reason to download the Sims 4 again.

And yes, the announcement during the summit killed my interest in the entire franchise…

I require an Island Living Refresh and plus before I download the Sims 4… it will take that much longer playing the Sims 4 with a positive experience before I consider buying a Sims 5.

Simply put, confirmation of a potential Sims 5 has screwed up a lot of things and destroyed my opinion of the franchise…
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    The only reason I’m still in the forums is because it’s the only tether I have left to getting updates on the game…

The only reason I haven’t ditched the forums is because I still have hope for the sims 4.

Hope is a difficult thing to kill… doesn’t mean I can play the Sims 4 right now… the current state of the game would most definitely kill what little bit of hope still holds my interest…
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Iegend wrote: »
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > If it’s online multiplayer only I’m out. If they include the option to play offline but most features or the best ones are only for online players I’m out then too. Those are really the only nonstarters. Anything else I’ll listen and check it out before I make up my mind.

It's multi but got single player option 2 so I'll be buying it. I'm happy for those who want multiplayer but for me I prefer single player

I'm really happy to see that. For a huge segment of their customer base they met the first requirement for being open to moving on at some point. Anything that didn't include a full featured offline mode would be a hard 'no' for a lot of simmers. It shows they were listening to us about that part.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2022
    I will not purchase The Sims 5 if ... the game is released :p .

It was decided from the beginning of TS4, I won't run after TS5, TS6, ... TS100. I'm not interested in losing everything ... again.

And it's an infinite loop without real improvement of the behavior of the sims.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    I'd love if the Sims 5 is released when the Sims 4 is still going. If we only get one occult pack every 3 years it's practically necessary to get faeries, and dragons, and zombies, and aliens that aren't miserably unexciting.

Besides, if Sims 5- excuse me, I mean Project Rene o:) - is stinky then I can stick to Sims 4. Eventually I want it to end, but that's just so the bugs stop.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Iegend wrote: »
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > If it’s online multiplayer only I’m out. If they include the option to play offline but most features or the best ones are only for online players I’m out then too. Those are really the only nonstarters. Anything else I’ll listen and check it out before I make up my mind.

It's multi but got single player option 2 so I'll be buying it. I'm happy for those who want multiplayer but for me I prefer single player

I'm looking forward to it being multi-player...I want that. But, if it's only multi-player, I won't buy it. I want to play by myself when I want to.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think that if there is no colour customisation in Sims 5, then I most likely will not bother with the game. No colour customisation and not being able to edit neighbourhoods in Sims 4 has caused me to pretty much stop playing Sims at all. If they bring these back, I may consider playing again.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Its been eight years, I'd say it's time for a new installment in the series. The Sims 4 has some time yet, we won't see Sims 5 till 2024/2025.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 11
    I really need a decaying aspiration meter tied to a robust Wants & Fears system. By robust I mean the wants and fears are relevant to your character's high level aspiration (fortune, artistic, adventure, family, romance, etc.) as well as their personality, and current context (home vs. work vs. university). I need "want chaining" i.e. completing wants then causes new more difficult wants to be rolled as a result.

Why? Adds challenge and progression. It's also necessary for wants-based playstyles.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    if...
    • the game is limited/constrained for solo play to encourage players to engage in multiplayer play.
    • EA continues its current development path where the game is less about The Sims and more about The Stuff.
    • the game is subscription based.
    • the Sims are uncanny valley.
    • they do not have every.single.lifestage in the base game :angry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top