Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Luna and Hugo supposed to be fraternal twins?

I never noticed, was just wondering which one was older because I was playing an aged-down version of Windenberg families rotationally, and then checked, and sure enough, both Luna and Hugo, at the start, are 13 days away from aging up to Young Adult.

Doesn't this make them twins?
But it doesn't mention them being twins.

For those who have played them enough to know, does one age up automatically, before the other, and if so, which one?
You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
```
wonderfullymade.jpg

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    When I played them, Hugo aged up one day before Luna. Although once when I had triplets, they didn't all age up on the same day, so Hugo and Luna could still be twins.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Weird. I was curious after reading this and checked the age difference in a new game and Luna was older by 7 days with the long lifespan on. For some reason I always thought Hugo was older.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I thought Luna was at least one day older than Hugo with a normal lifespan.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    In my game, Hugo is older. Luna just seems younger to me.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited May 2022
    I had to find out so started a new save (it's still irritating that I have to wade through starting a new household each time I start a new game, so I can't just go into the game, choose a world, then choose a townie household if I just want to play townies) and at Long lifespan, Luna was a whole day younger than Hugo. At Normal, they both were set to age up in 13 days from teen, but she still appeared to be younger, because her green bar was smaller, so it looks like he's older by less than a full day of normal lifespan, but older nonetheless.

Well, mystery solved: Luna and Hugo may be "Irish twins" (meaning less than a full year apart in age) but they aren't literal twins.
    But just re-read what @SenpaiCanberra wrote, and now I'm tempted to go back in and start a few new saves and see if they all come out the same (though it would take a lot, not just a few, to be reasonably certain of the result). How weird if that isn't the case! Age doesn't appear to change randomly for any other sim in the game. Does it?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    oh wow, I just started 3 new games and got 3 slightly different results, for Luna and Hugo at least. In all 3, she was slightly younger, but by how much varied a little. On Long lifespan, Hugo had anywhere from 51 to 53 days til ageup, and Luna always had fewer, but sometimes barely fewer (Iike 52 days to his 51) and sometimes 3 days fewer. Jacques in all cases started as having lived 85 days, and I can't recall what Max's numbers were, or whether they changed.

This is unexpected. I wonder what accounts for it?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Is there a little bit of randomness in how long some life stages last?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Hey @ignominiusrex.

Started a new gameplay myself. Luna seemed to be a day elder here:

ExFU1Lk.png
    rFJxrOW.png
    This is how I remember their age bars looking, too. I looked back on my notes and they both had the same number of days till aging up, but she clearly has lived a bit longer so I made a point to list her higher than him (in age order). I figured if I were to change it to long lifespan, she would be a few days older than him. So I had her age up the day before him.

Maybe it’s different each game, though, if other people have different experiences. That’s weird!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    In my game MCCC story progression married Luna off to someone called Gerber so now she is Luna Gerber with one child and four dogs via neighbourhood stories.
    I know this is an older thread but I never know how old is too old to still use. I really want to get to the bottom of this, that some people report Luna being older and some people report Hugo being older. I wonder if random variations in age bars between siblings happen anywhere se in the game, or just Luna and Hugo?

It just makes no sense, yet there it is. I am going to try new games on different pcs but with my own account and see how their ages at startup compare.
    My brain just can't let this mystery go.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Did anyone actually have Hugo be older at the start of the game?
    Did anyone actually have Hugo be older at the start of the game?

He is always older in my games. Sometimes they have the same number if days til age up but his green bar is longer, and sometimes there's a difference in days, more difference usually if lifespan is set to long. I was surprised that some people said in their game, Luna was older. This is why it's so perplexing to me, you'd think that it would always be the same. I was even more shocked to find that the degree by which Luna was younger, was variable from one save to tbe next, so this is why I want to try new saves on different pcs and see what happens. It just breaks my ideas of how a programmed game would operate since they have no reason to build in randomness for preset Sims ages. It's just weird!
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    It is weird! I can't remember exactly where but at some point I googled the length of life stages in days, and I found not an exact number but a range. Could be that it rolls a number when you start a new game.