Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about a potential Sims 5 announcement?

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
    I’m always interested, but I’m happy with my current game and am not really one to jump on the new shiny toy, anyway. TS4 was several years old before I switched from TS3. When TS5 comes out, I’ll continue to play my current game for a while. If I eventually find enough in TS5 to make switching worthwhile, I will. I’m pretty invested in my supernatural gameplay right now, and I doubt any of that will be available from the jump, so I can wait. Besides, if it’s online, I won’t be switching, regardless.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I don't want the Sims 4 to end yet!
    No thank you to Sims 5. :s
    Sims 4 needs a base & some pack fixes first & foremost. Secondly, Sims 4 needs to be completed not incomplete. Also, new game doesn't always mean better. My daughter & I learned that the hard way back in September 2014. :'( We thought Sims 4 was going to be better than Sims 3, but at the time it was a nothing, nothing game. I don't recommend anyone getting the Sims 5 in year one, wait at least until it's been out about 4 or even 8 years before getting it.
    Personally, I'm waiting for the Disney Dreamland Valley to come out on PC. :p
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm excited to hear about a new game!
    Cautiously excited. I've got a pretty good save going in 4 going on right now, but I'm also interested in seeing what Sims 5 will have to offer.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    edited September 2022
    It's about time 🤷‍♀️
    Onverser wrote: »
    Hey EA_Cade , are we now allowing threads in the Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor forum that talk about Sims 5 as long as there is a caveat that the Sims 5 is speculation and has not been officially announced?

I assume so, I posted this in the franchise section and it was moved to here so I guess this section is for anything speculation related

I reference this because @EA_Cade previously maintained a policy where everything Sims 5-related was put in the Off-Topic forum. If there is a change so that Sims 5 content now resides in the Sims 4 speculation forum, I would like to know. We'll probably find out when the work week begins.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited September 2022
    There are still a few things I would like from the sims 4 first. But I’m also interested to hear where they are at on sims 5 too, but at the same time, I’m afraid that I will be disappointed.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Imma say that I don't want The Sims 4, and if it does, I swear I must declare something about this
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    The last time that they announced a big announcement it was ... Gallery available for console.

This was 6 days prior to the stream. Now they're announcing a stream more than a month in advance, which is honestly quite strange coming from them.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    Insert other response
    Previous announcements (unfinished business) :
    • NPC Overhaul : Only Goth household has been done
    • Pronouns : Only English is available
    • Neighborhood Stories : Still under development
    • Scenarios : Not available in existing games yet.
    • Sexual Orientation : Gender Options and Non binary sims are missing

• Gender Options is still neglected since 2016

We see when these projects began but nobody can tell when or if they will be finished…

It's never a good sign when somebody start several projects at the same time.

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    It's about time 🤷‍♀️
    Previous announcements (unfinished business) :
    • NPC Overhaul : Only Goth household has been done
    • Pronouns : Only English is available
    • Neighborhood Stories : Still under development
    • Scenarios : Not available in existing games yet.
    • Sexual Orientation : Gender Options and Non binary sims are missing

• Gender Options is still neglected since 2016

We see when these projects began but nobody can tell when or if they will be finished…

It's never a good sign when somebody start several projects at the same time.

OMG I forgot about all of these! The NPC overhaul is the most ridiculous one...a single employee could do that in a single work day.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me
    A clean sheet design is truly what the franchise needs. Should've been done when SimCity (5) tanked instead of simply retooling it to remove those multiplayer elements.

However, I'm worried about what features it will have. There's a lot of stuff I want, but a lot I don't (read, multiplayer and live service).

TS4 isn't finished yet (still lacking a TON of content from other games 8 years in), and it will take at least that time for TS5 to reach where we are now with TS4.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think I'm ready for a new base game - but I'm nervous that TS5 will be The Sims Olympus 2.0 instead of a true sequel.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
    Shrug. I didn't know which one to pick since none of them really felt right.

It's not that I'm happy with TS4 and don't want it to end, it's more that I'm afraid of what TS5 will be and that they'll leave TS4 in it's current state. The same way they just basically turned the lights off on TS3 and walked away from the mess.

As long as awesome people keep making mods to address the issues, I'm in no big hurry for the next shiny thing. Heck, I still have my iPhone X! That's how much I don't care about the newest/latest.

I would like some new bug-free content for TS4 and some refreshes because it's feeling old and stale.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    I don't want TS4 to end but I'm still excited about Sims 5. I just hope they don't announce it without a Trailer. I think TS5 will happen in 2024 so I'm concerned that we won't get everything that is missing from TS4.

A list of things I want to see before TS4 ends.

Pool Slides and Interactive Pool Waterfalls.

Resorts

A Romance Expansion

An Attraction System

More Themepark Rides that aren't rabbitholrs
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I am interested to find out more about a possible sims 5. However I spent a lot of time (and money) on the sims 4 so I am not ready to give up on the sims 4 yet.

At the same time I am worried about the sims 5. The sims 4 has lately taken a very distinct direction towards giving teens and people in their twenties a platform to create simselfs in a game which is heavily geared towards realism. I hope sims 5 will still be a sandbox to play stories with made up characters, preferably with a supernatural element. I hope the recent scenario update is not a test for the sims 5.

I have the fear sims 5 might be a subscription game. I play since the sims 1 and stuck with the franchise and countless DLC, but I won't give them my credit card number for a subscription. I also prefer single games over multiplayer and hope to still be able to play offline.

On top of that, I hope the base game is complete, not lacking basic features we had since sims 1. And of course my laptop needs to be able to run it. A desktop is just not possible due to personal reasons.

But let's first find out (soon?) what Sims 5 will actually be like.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Insert other response
    at this point in time i would say now is the time to post what we relly went to see in sims5 as players of the sims the errors and mistake of the sims4 must not be repeated, *Just my toughs as a player of the sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Insert other response
    Unless it's revealed to be: The Sims: Forgotten Realms and with some changes (townie generator can be turned off, more grim day to day reality, has to work harder in your profession and so on), I will probably just pass on this game, at least until a few years has passed and it actually is good.

I'm not risking getting Sims 4 1/2 with some updated graphics, a smoother engine and having to pay for the same packs again with different names.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I'm worried that the game will not live up to expectations. Multiplayer is not interesting to me, and after the launch of the sims 4, they really need to step up their game. Hopefully whatever big new feature they implement won't be a disappointment (like emotions in the sims 4).

In my opinion they should make the sims 5 a combination of sims 2 gameplay, sims 3 open worlds, and sims 4 CAS & build/buy (but with the Cast tools from the sims 3). Furthermore, they could look at paralives as well as farm simulator games for more ideas.
    Paralives has some cool features such as reordering the action cue, resizing objects, heterochromia, placing tatooes anywhere etc. Furthermore the sims should look at games like runefactory 4 and my time at sandrock which do a great job of making the town come to life with special holidays, festivals, competitions, etc.

Technology has advanced a lot since the sims 3, and if EA puts the work into it, the sims 5 could have a really fun open world (or at least open neighborhood) where not only do sims feel alive, but the town does with store sales, holidays, festivals, etc.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    I only started playing TS4 in 2020. There is still lots more in TS4 I haven't explored yet and want to at some point. I'd rather enjoy the fleshed-out game I've already paid for that has lots of depth and content and some bugs and new features that need to be tuned, then jump over to a bare-bones new game that will surely also have some bugs and new features that need to be tuned.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I would say "It's about time" but I voted "I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me" because I want to be clear that as much as I really want a new Sims game, I'm not optimistic. I didn't like the Sims 4's business model as it is, and the industry has come up with 100 worse things since it came out (more than one of which are borderline ubiquitous now).

There's so much potential in a Sims 5, and I think a lot of it really is likely to happen. Unfortunately, it only takes one really bad thing to ruin the game no matter how good the rest of it is. I guess the most interesting thing about an announcement is that the wait to know whether or not I should actually care may not be much longer. They could hold the bad parts for the last minute, but plenty of games are announcing the terrible ideas right off the bat these days.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me I just don't fell ready for sims 5 I'ed rather they work on making sims 4 better that said I like the sims a lot so if sims 5 comes out even throw it's against my will I would be at lest willing to look at it on YouTube before desiceding If i want to buy it or note but for me now is note the right time so hopefully it's note comming anytime soon
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Insert other response
    I miss the point "I'm not interested at all". Currently I don't play the Sims 4 so I don't care if it comes to an end. And that's the reason why I'm not interested in the Sims 5. I don't trust the brand anymore and what I heard so far it will be not the game I would like to play.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,560 Member
    I am excited but I don't think the Sims 5willbe announced. For once, I'd love to be wrong here tho! 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    Insert other response
    No matter the studios, I always think new games will be a big disappointment.
    Thanks to SWTOR, SimCity (2013), Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem, Cyberpunk 2077, Life is Strange: True Colors, Saints Row (2022), ... already 10 years of bad memories.

The Sims 4, Life Is Strange 2 and Detroit : Become Human are very rare exceptions but it won't happen again.

• TheraytheTheraythe Posts: 35 Member
    Of course I'd love a Sims 5 but at the same time I feel like there's so much yet to be done in TS4. Not only that but I'm not optimistic that a Sims 5 wouldn't disappoint me. I don't like the brand direction and business model as it stands so I can't help but think of all the ways it could end up going badly