Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Allow Players to Choose More In Their Games

I think the Sims 4 could be better if players were able to make more choices for their games. A lot of new content that many players like has been added to the game, and it's cool to see that the game is still being updated! I know that some players don't want some of the new stuff from updates in their games though. That's why I think the Sims 4 could be improved with more options for players so that we can choose what we want in our games, especially when it comes to updates.

I think that it would be good to add in toggles to say if you want new features from updates in your game or not. Like, for example, if we wanted to use the old phone layout, we could switch the new one off to use it. For another more recent update example, if we wanted to use Whims instead of Wants and Fears, we could choose to do so. Something like this would be good for everyone, as it would allow people to choose what they prefer. It wouldn't hinder gameplay either, as the options wouldn't be forced. There could even be a third option to turn off the different features completely if somebody wanted that.

What are your thoughts on this? Can anybody think of any other options to allow more choices for players that would involve something different from toggles? Would there be any major problems that could come out of giving more options to players? I just think that it would be a nice feature to help improve gameplay and let people play their games how they want.

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The more options the better. The impression I am getting from the multitude of forum comments is that EA is saying, 'Peasants, you will play how we want you to or not at all. We rule here, not you.'. Really? Not to upset your apple cart, EA, but if I choose to play Sims, I unplug the internet connection first. That way the game is still in a playable state without any of your recent bilgewater.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I support anything and everything that enables "player's choice" instead of this repeated motto they're stuck in "PLAY WITH LIFE" (our way).
  • willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    eagle lifestyle is a good example of this, it's either all or none which is a shame because I do like NPCs voting but I don't like the paper bag head option. whoever I have to completely disable voting instead of just disabling that one voting category.