Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    *insert bunny noises here*
    Luke seems like the kind of guy who would rather have a meaningful conversation than make small talk, and would otherwise rather be left to himself. Ohhh darn, that's awful...Luke must feel incredibly crushed. They broke the law to make the trip and got back to that.
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Aw, poor Luke
    It's hard when you agree to move on, but your heart hasn't moved on yet really.
    gen3-banner.png
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Thanks again to you both!

For a while the chapters are going to be focusing on the Millers (and Luke in particular) more than on politics, so it only remains to be seen what I have planned for them...

Meanwhile, chapter 4.2 is out! (link)

I also have a small announcement to make: the next week I'm abroad for work, so the next chapter is most likely going to drop at some point during the next weekend.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Lyra's fashion sense is terrific, including the makeup.
    I am really impressed by the all-sixamian group of NPCs you have going on there, including at the restaurant.
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks @mightysprite !

My own sense of fashion is just terrible instead, dressing up Lyra was always so difficult!

As for the alien NPCs instead, I'm mostly using the MCCC mod to turn all the random NPCs walking around into aliens. It's sort of like cheating, but so that I'm using it on NPCs and not on the played family it doesn't seem very important to me, and at least the setting of the story is consistent.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 4.2:
    I really like how they correct themselves from 'aliens' to 'Sixamians' for a moment. Lyla wanting to go into fashion is fun! Luke should be happier for Lyra's career choice. She's still fighting the cause in her own way, being herself and inspiring other Sixamians to do the same and love their body instead of their disguise. And Misty seems to be taking the fight more directly by joining the army. I see Luke seems to worry for her life, but she seems to cut him off before he can mention it. I laughed so much at 'Cosmic Grumpyman' XD
    they/them or she/her
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Just reading about the “octo-idiots”. That would have been a fun chapter to write. :D
    Will catch up at some stage, soon. <3
    Thanks to you both!

@SnowBnuuy ,
    Lyra's job can seem superficial at a first glance, but I agree that it is actually an important step for the alie... sixamians. Luke and Lyra are arguing quite often, they are really different people and they also tend to always be very judgemental of each other. Hopefully their relationship will improve a bit in the future, it's so sad when siblings don't get along to me...
    Misty in the army is not casual either, but how could I exploit this in TS4 where I can't actually represent real fighting scenes without heavy mods? Who knows...

@NRowe , the octo-idiots chapter was probably the funniest chapter I wrote in a while, I laugh just thinking again about it XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Meanwhile, here is chapter 4.3! (link)

Maybe I'm still able to write a whole chapter without any catastrophe, after all?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    I like very much how Misty is developing :)
    And that was a sweet couple of scenes between the two of them. I often struggle with letting characters in my game break up with someone and get together with someone else, but this felt really natural and good.
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks @mightysprite !
    I quite clearly like Misty and her development as well. So that I already had in mind this development since when I introduced both her and Serena in the story, it was actually quite funny for me to write whole chapters in which she only seemed a side character and then bring her more and more into the foreground.
    And I generally struggle a lot with having my Simlit characters break up and then find a new significant other too, sims lives on normal lifespans are so short and there are so many steps to show to make the whole process meaningful for the sim development. IRL this part of the story would have covered several years, while in-game it was literally something like 10 sim-days, so I really had to put some effort in make it sound like a lot of time was passing in between the different sections of Luke's diary.

Yet, I still have the impression that I took even too long to reach this point, by this point Luke was midway through the young adult life stage and I really had to hurry up to make sure that there would have been a generation 5 too :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 4.4 is out! (link)
    Maybe the chapter is a bit too calm, but I really needed to let them some time to re-settle if I wanted to have a generation 5 too
    2if86miljyb3.png
    The calm chapters are fun too :)
    And wow this screenshot of the street was just gorgeous
    U64tkdW.png

That's a cool idea about Luke having the library as a business.
    gen3-banner.png
    Hopping in to comment on chapters
    I like seeing Luke's development with Misty, and that he realises he should've not judged a book by its cover. The kiss was cute. < 3 Yeah if people were pressing me for more details about a partner like that I'd be annoyed too. It's good that Misty is getting Luke to come out of his shell little by little, and great that his book is well received. It's wonderful seeing how much he's changed. Especially since I thought he was going down a dark path initially and was getting indoctrinated by Sixamian pirates online!
    they/them or she/her
    Caught up, sorry it took so long! <3
    Thanks to you all for your comments! :)

Luke (and also Misty) have surely grown a lot since when they were teens, they talk like they would be able to face any challenge now. And this probably means it's time to find some challenge for them to face, isn't it? :P

(*The Millers, who always and only hope for a peaceful life, don't like this element*)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 4.5 is out! (link)

It sounds like very stressful, yet rewarding, times are coming for our heir...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Hello
    congratulations Luke and Misty. the twins are cute. o:)
    Woo! New chapter
    Luke has a point. It may seem great that humans want little to do with New Sixam, but on the other hand, it may not be a wholly good thing that New Sixam seems so isolated. Thing is, a lot of people think the mingling of cultures is shaking hands and sharing resources, and not trying to oust one group out and take over. I'd say it's probably good they're away from humans. YES they having a kid! Hmmm, I sense twins on the horizon... YES! They are so cute! I love that Luke reads them stories that he wrote as well.

Though I wonder, for the future: In the early gens, we saw the difference of Sixamians raised on Earth to Sixamians raised on their home planet. I wonder, these children that will grow up in New Sixam, likely mostly-isolated from humans...how will they grow up? Will Luke and Misty be willing to let them mingle with humans? It'll be interesting to see where the next gen goes from here.
    they/them or she/her
    edited September 2022
    Thanks to you both, as always! ;)

@NRowe , they are really cute, indeed!

@SnowBnuuy ,
    From my side, it's always very interesting to read your hypotheses about the following. Sixamians born and raised in New Sixam will definitively have their own peculiarities, and it will also be interesting to see how a person like Luke (who is always thinking and researching about their history and their socio-political relations) could influence his daughters.
    Who knows, many different paths are possible... And I have the feeling that gen 5 will turn in a quite different direction from the one you're imagining now :P

I would also like to point out that this part definitively feels a bit too calm for my tastes, even if it is clearly a set-up for the stabilization of the New Sixam life and of the next generation. Yet, my brain can't avoid to make thoughts like:

DaEIF9m.png

The only question is when...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 4.6 is out! (link)

It looks like a quite calm chapter, but Lyra seems to have a big announcement to make...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    New chapter!!!
    Eeeeeeee!
    Ohhhh no! All the familiar ones from last chapter dying off all in one go ;-; The price we pay for following a legacy story is loving all the characters but knowing no one lasts forever ;-; The toddlers are adorable though! I love that now Luke writes stories for the children, it's too cute. Cool to meet Nick too, and it seems the kids already get along with him!
    they/them or she/her
    Aw Lyra is so stylish even when she is so sad <3

and "the situation at home was quite chaotic" was wonderful
    uBOn1gA.png
    yes, any toddler parent can relate

and Misty looks incredible in uniform and in that flannel shirt

and often in social situations I have wished to say similar to what Luke said
    "You really talk a lot, you know?"
    But I don't....
    gen3-banner.png
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Caught up with generation two! I'm still way behind, but I'm having a blast reading 😄
    Aliens continue to face trouble with life on earth, this time from a very different perspective than Luna in her childhood days. My stomach dropped when Luna's family was discovered. I feared they'd all disappear behind bars for life - they got very lucky with house arrest, Especially Luna and Hermes. It could have been way worse. Poor Hermes! At least he got to witness Mr. S. fall before passing away. Orion, Leo and Aster all seem to be going in different directions in life. I wonder who generation three will continue with.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top