Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I didn't know...

They changed into their pajamas but it looks like they don't want the moment to end. :D

Bc2K1Ot.png
    oGvxas1.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member

Sims could always sit on the floor to use the campfire, but they would kneel in front of it prior to High School Years.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It's probably a well known fact that the Holiday Toast interaction fulfills the Have a Drink holiday tradition, no need for a bar. But do you know what else fulfill that tradition? Apple jam! My sim was hungry but wanted to have only a small snack before the Grand Meal later, so he ate apple jam and suddenly the drink tradition got checked. It probably works with all preserves.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I only just learned that the Werewolves pack comes with a new usable wand that Spellcasters can equip if you have Realm of Magic installed.

You can gain the Moonwood wand either by using bb.showhiddenobjects or by having your werewolf sim do the following:

1: Unlock the “Lunar Epiphany” ability
    2: Unlock the “Scavenge” ability
    3: Find Greg’s diary by scavenging in Moonwood Mill (“Enhanced smell” ability helps)
    4: Read the diary until you find an entry that talks of “the moon’s song”
    5: Explore the underground by selecting the Portal Potties or any other entrance until you get the option to “Follow the Melody”. Then “Howl with the music”. You will receive the wand.

It comes in two colours, and is a dark wood handle with a sickle moon on the end either in red or slightly blue. (I couldn’t find a good picture)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Thanks, @RySBI, that is very good to know! I was wondering if the wand was actually useable, but couldn't find any information on that. I'll actively try to find it now that I know it's not just a decor item.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited September 2022
    RySBI wrote: »
    I only just learned that the Werewolves pack comes with a new usable wand that Spellcasters can equip if you have Realm of Magic installed.

You can gain the Moonwood wand either by using bb.showhiddenobjects or by having your werewolf sim do the following:

3: Find Greg’s diary by scavenging in Moonwood Mill (“Enhanced smell” ability helps)
    5: Explore the underground by selecting the Portal Potties or any other entrance until you get the option to “Follow the Melody”. Then “Howl with the music”. You will receive the wand.

It comes in two colours, and is a dark wood handle with a sickle moon on the end either in red or slightly blue. (I couldn’t find a good picture)

Thank you for the steps it takes. I haven't found it yet but will make sure to have my sim meet the requirements for that wand. Perfect for the story for my spellcaster/werewolf couple. He can find it and give this very rare wand to his girlfriend.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    RySBI wrote: »

I finally bothered to screenshot the wand from debug mode so you can see the two colour variations (includes lore from debug mode so watch out if you want to discover it yourself): :smile:

Blue
    2kQiJLm.jpg

Red
    gCdQBi2.jpg
    edited September 2022
    My Sim went to the Spice Festival recently and I looked around because I heard cars honking and
    what sounded like traffic. I never noticed the highway over the festival grounds or the train that
    pulls into the train station! :D Maybe everyone has noticed but I never did before.

Tlx0qxn.png
    g45dpBb.png
    OEWoAzi.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    @mlnov39 I've been playing primarily in San Myshuno for well over a year and I still notice new things in the scenery! There is a lot.
    @mlnov39 I've been playing primarily in San Myshuno for well over a year and I still notice new things in the scenery! There is a lot.

Oooo! More to discover, how fun! Thank you. :o
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    If you hold shift while adjusting the eaves on a house it only adjusts the side you pull down instead of both sides of the roof.

Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • RuxieCat121RuxieCat121 Posts: 20 Member
    > @Cavapoo_King said:
    > If you hold shift while adjusting the eaves on a house it only adjusts the side you pull down instead of both sides of the roof.

You have no idea how much of a headache you just saved me with that info. I've been trying for a week to figure out how to do something with my roof to make it fit and I had no idea you could do that. Thank you!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member

I'm not far behind. I found it about a month ago, but never mentioned it because I figured every other simmer on earth already knew about it. I'm usually the last one to the party on these things.🤣
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Did you know that when you shift-click a sim and got into sim info, and through the menu you can add a lot of the traits from the game, plus some from mods? Pretty sure the shift click is just a base game feature. I use it to get the recipes unlocked from the packs. And found it, "add trait/remove trait".
    I don't know of other people know about it already. They probably do. But I only ever heard mention of shift clicking to get the recipes, and recently the pie menu changed. Which is how I ended up over clicking and finding that in the first place.

If people know already that's fine. But it helped me make sims Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hounds. So they can eat all the foods without failing all the time. And means if I randomly pick a meal thinking it sounds nice, they don't burn their tongues.

Other traits are there too. Like the one for Sulani Mana and stuff. So if you wanted a sim to be like the estranged family member of Father Winter or something, without having to wait til Winterfest, you have options.
    Only issue is it's not multiselect. So you have to add each one, and go back through the whole menu. But that's not too bad. Especially if you only need a few.

Want a top notch toddler, but they are starting as a child sim? Or have a teen sim, who missed out on all the benefits of the aspiration rewards. No need to type it all out, just click a few times. And you're good.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Did you know that when you shift-click a sim and got into sim info, and through the menu you can add a lot of the traits from the game, plus some from mods? Pretty sure the shift click is just a base game feature. I use it to get the recipes unlocked from the packs. And found it, "add trait/remove trait".
    I don't know of other people know about it already. They probably do. But I only ever heard mention of shift clicking to get the recipes, and recently the pie menu changed. Which is how I ended up over clicking and finding that in the first place.

If people know already that's fine. But it helped me make sims Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hounds. So they can eat all the foods without failing all the time. And means if I randomly pick a meal thinking it sounds nice, they don't burn their tongues.

Other traits are there too. Like the one for Sulani Mana and stuff. So if you wanted a sim to be like the estranged family member of Father Winter or something, without having to wait til Winterfest, you have options.
    Only issue is it's not multiselect. So you have to add each one, and go back through the whole menu. But that's not too bad. Especially if you only need a few.

Want a top notch toddler, but they are starting as a child sim? Or have a teen sim, who missed out on all the benefits of the aspiration rewards. No need to type it all out, just click a few times. And you're good.

Went to check it out in my unmodded game. Didn't find it.

Would be cool if it was in game, but unfortunately it's typing for unmodded folks...
    I'll put the link to the list of traits here. After all, there's a lot.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Would be cool if it was in game, but unfortunately it's typing for unmodded folks...

I think you need to enable testingcheats for shift-clicking to work.

Yeah for shift-click pretty sure you need testing cheats enabled sorry. I have it set to always be enabled in my game, and to make sure all odd cheats still work. I forgot to mention that part bc now all I do is just shift-click. But I'm fairly certain it's not from a mod. Because when I was trying to remember how to find the recipe unlocks and went to discord for my mod support, it turned out to be a feature of the game itself. It's just that the mods use game features to work. So their traits are also in there.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Old not odd
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Yeah for shift-click pretty sure you need testing cheats enabled sorry. I have it set to always be enabled in my game, and to make sure all odd cheats still work. I forgot to mention that part bc now all I do is just shift-click. But I'm fairly certain it's not from a mod. Because when I was trying to remember how to find the recipe unlocks and went to discord for my mod support, it turned out to be a feature of the game itself. It's just that the mods use game features to work. So their traits are also in there.

Ah, forgot to mention that I've have it on. I even reentered the cheat to see if it appears then. Nothing. Only adding and removing life styles, locking all motive decay, and adding preferences.

Though when Werewolves game pack came out, people reported finding a new shift-click cheat that allowed to add all werewolf abilities. Went to check it out in my game too and nothing.
    Same story even after reinstalling my game to another computer and after starting a new save.

So I do wonder what's going on with that...
    Kathykins wrote: »

Ah, forgot to mention that I've have it on. I even reentered the cheat to see if it appears then. Nothing. Only adding and removing life styles, locking all motive decay, and adding preferences.

Though when Werewolves game pack came out, people reported finding a new shift-click cheat that allowed to add all werewolf abilities. Went to check it out in my game too and nothing.
    Same story even after reinstalling my game to another computer and after starting a new save.

So I do wonder what's going on with that...

That's odd, do all your other cheats work? Like can you shift click the mailbox? I know there was a period where they disabled a lot of cheats for players after seasons, and a modder released something to re-enable them so people could do it again. I think they went back and undid that, but I never took it out of my game just in case. And then eventually added the additional mod so that testing cheats would work always, because I often had the problem of it not working. 3 different computers, and had to use a different "testing cheats" for each one. And even then, there was no guarantee.

It might be something like that. Your game being finicky, maybe the code that works for everything else doesn't work for shift-click for you. I went and double checked after I saw your response the other day, and shift-click is definitely a basegame feature. Unmodded.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top