Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Desert Luxe Kit: Official Screenshot Thread!

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
Sul sul!

The Austin team was away yesterday for an event so I wasn't able to get my screenshot thread up in time, apologies!

As you may have noticed, the Desert Luxe Kit is FREE for all owners of the Sims 4 base game until October 17th!

l1lmk5nhma46.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2022
    My shots:

sqU8jHR.png

8aipH31.png
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    cKsn53H.png

Lovin' the new items.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I would love to post my pics but Photobucket is broken right now.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited September 2022
    Love this kit! So many great items in neutral tones that blend in perfectly with Oasis Springs. I decided to bulldoze Sandtrap Flats in Oasis Springs and rebuild a small modern home, here's some screenshots:

iZyJlJP.png

fmK0whV.png

lPojWK7.png

ZEF4SLD.png

This lot has no cc (a rare thing for me :D ), so I uploaded it to my gallery if anyone wants to grab it. Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    The shadows and lighting effects when you use that pergola (slatted roof) object are really pleasing to the eye. The small ground lights are really nice too, they can just add a touch of colour here and there once you play around with the light values.
    Just going to smoosh a few screenshots together and post them here in a future edit.

mjykX2g.jpg

Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with this (especially for free), I have some similar cc sets already so it meshes pretty well with those. Made a little summer house with the items
    09-14-22-8-40-46-PM.png
    09-14-22-8-41-35-PM.png

I have to say though I hope a modder will fix the door so it actually shuts, my sims can't just be leaving their doors open all the time!

Made it into a full house :) Not usually a fan of brutalist architecture but I like this a lot

09-15-22-1-39-30-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-33-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-23-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-44-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-40-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-11-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-47-15-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-52-14-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-29-AM.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I'm pretty happy with this (especially for free), I have some similar cc sets already so it meshes pretty well with those. Made a little summer house with the items
    09-14-22-8-40-46-PM.png
    09-14-22-8-41-35-PM.png

I have to say though I hope a modder will fix the door so it actually shuts, my sims can't just be leaving their doors open all the time!

Made it into a full house :) Not usually a fan of brutalist architecture but I like this a lot

09-15-22-1-39-30-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-33-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-23-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-44-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-40-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-45-11-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-47-15-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-52-14-AM.png
    09-15-22-1-27-29-AM.png

Love the house, looks very nice. I redesigned the Landgraab mansion in a brutalist fasion, was going for the concrete bunker look with good cooling. They have a new patio area. Didn't post any pictures of the inside, as I kept most of their own furniture, just changed the colours to natural materials like iron, wood, leather, etc.

jrAxz2S.png

QDD7ufW.png

a8STp9V.png

j8WQCb8.png

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Remodeled a bar using some of the Desert Luxe content.

Juliette arriving for a meet and greet event.
    4MM8huo.png

grjbSve.png

4VhQOxW.png

p6INWbt.png
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager

Juliette arriving for a meet and greet event.
    4MM8huo.png

grjbSve.png

4VhQOxW.png

p6INWbt.png

Stunning!
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Stunning!

Thank you! 😊 Now I have to relocate the bar to Oasis Springs. It's currently in Windenburg and that just doesn't feel right.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Very nice job!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Flashback to the 1970s with the whole, boring, Earth Tones palette. I downloaded the kit, simply because it was free. Nothing says I have to like it, though. I prefer color.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Very nice job!

Thank you! I love the color palette in this kit! ❤️
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2022
    Used some of the items to remodel the Clemons' family home in Tartosa.

Decided to make the patio enclosed.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-1a.jpg

Kimber's dad, Hayden, just helped her finish a school project while Josh played with their dog, Bandit, in the background.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-1.jpg

Their mom, Angela, is grilling some delicious chicken chimichurri Skewers for dinner.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-2.jpg

The new fireplace is a great place to put some photos.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-3.jpg

The new couch and end table complement their living room.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-4.jpg

Sometimes the family enjoys relaxing on the upstairs balcony. This is mom's favorite place to paint while she looks out at the beautiful scenery.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit-5.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Flashback to the 1970s with the whole, boring, Earth Tones palette. I downloaded the kit, simply because it was free. Nothing says I have to like it, though. I prefer color.

I think if you treat it as a blank canvas and then add bits and pieces that are bright and / or colourful, it works pretty well. I do agree that if you rely solely on the concrete walls, it looks kinda - unfinished? It's like IRL interior wall linings of sheet rock or fibreboard before you start to paint the interior of a house. It's really easy to make a house take on a prison aesthetic with this kit. You could make a teriffic converted missile silo house.
    On the whole though, I am quite happy with this pack, and can see myself using some of the structural pieces fairly often going forward.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @AncientMuse : Do you have a tutorial for that pool? Amazing.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2022
    Decided to have an event at the Clemons' house and watch everyone have a great time. One of my Sims lit the fireplace; I really like the way it looks and the color—so relaxing.
    Desert-Luxe-Kit.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    This may not be exactly what the pack was meant for but I think the new windows are great for modern and futuristic builds. I am currently renovating the foxbury dorms and the windows really help.

po1WEwR.png
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @AncientMuse : Do you have a tutorial for that pool? Amazing.

@joRN1414

No tutorial necessary, it's just a regular pool in the ground with a platform built around two sides, and a half wall built around the other two sides.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    edited September 2022
    Love this kit! So many great items in neutral tones that blend in perfectly with Oasis Springs. I decided to bulldoze Sandtrap Flats in Oasis Springs and rebuild a small modern home, here's some screenshots:

iZyJlJP.png

fmK0whV.png

lPojWK7.png

ZEF4SLD.png

This lot has no cc (a rare thing for me :D ), so I uploaded it to my gallery if anyone wants to grab it. Gallery ID: AncientMuse2

@AncientMuse Is that a fence from a pack or CC? Love the way you made the front and back yard look!
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

iZyJlJP.png

fmK0whV.png

lPojWK7.png

ZEF4SLD.png

@AncientMuse Is that a fence from a pack or CC? Love the way you made the front and back yard look!

It's actually just a half wall with the stone window ("paneless rustic stone window" I think it's called) from the JA pack placed all along the top to make it look like a cement 'fence'.