Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    @Ojenn, @tipsycowplant - good to hear that your games are working! I haven’t been online in two weeks now as I’m still too scared to update 😳. I have, however, competed the shells for gen 9 and 10 houses. I was working on the latter yesterday and worked out how to do curved roofs, although I have yet to figure out how to stop the sides of the sloping roof from blending in with the inside walls of upstairs rooms, therefore needing to use the same wall interior as the exterior 😒. Any tips on getting rid of that would be helpful! Hopefully next week I’ll be brave enough to try updating the game and getting bac into the challenge. I would have possibly tried this weekend but there’s some family drama going on and I didn’t think I could cope with the frustration if something went wrong with Sims!
    edited August 2022
    Still haven't updated my game - haven't felt the best this weekend so I didn't want to give myself any chance of frustration! So have the final chapter of gen 4 instead!
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 4.11
    Beatrice has finally showed up at the hospital as a nurse, and there is at least one other living worker there now instead of all the ghosts!
    07-16-22_1-41-06-pm.png

Mabel got to perform some surgeries as there was an epidemic of Burnin' Belly. For this, she was promoted to Level 8!
    07-16-22_1-35-05-pm.png

Miranda and Arthur had their baby girl, Kayla.
    07-16-22_4-49-38-pm.png

Cousin Olivia also had her late-in-life daughter, Louise.
    07-16-22_6-18-18-pm.png

Apollo and Waffle had their kitten, named Alpine. The white fur certainly seems to be dominant in this line!!
    07-16-22_1-57-36-pm.png

Dylan and Sigrid - Emerson's second or third cousins, I've lost track - became children.
    07-16-22_2-14-35-pm.png
    07-16-22_2-15-02-pm.png

Dove's brother Kit passed away so the family visited the retirement home. No urn, but a good visit nonetheless. Elijah moved in even though he only has three days left. Later that day, Holly called up grandson Emerson and told him that she had a dream about him being a banana :lol:
    07-16-22_2-45-01-pm.png

Last club gathering. Sebastian is added as a replacement for Peyton since he is now old enough.
    07-16-22_3-05-35-pm.png
    07-16-22_2-51-25-pm.png

Oakley showing off her knitted sweater-dress as part of her aspiration.
    07-16-22_2-30-33-pm.png

Emerson and Rose went to the Romance Festival. The guru said they were a match made to last the ages... awww :blush:
    07-16-22_3-14-42-pm.png
    07-16-22_3-15-09-pm.png
    07-16-22_3-21-04-pm.png
    07-16-22_3-22-50-pm.png

It may have also been New Year's Eve, so the family came to the karaoke bar to celebrate. Mabel and Cohen also had some fun at the Romance Festival!
    07-16-22_3-26-02-pm.png
    07-16-22_3-17-22-pm.png

What a sight for Cohen to wake up to :lol:
    07-16-22_4-19-05-pm.png

Rose invited Emerson over to her place. There was a lot of flirting going on but I can guarantee they weren't the ones to start a fire!
    07-16-22_5-00-30-pm.png
    07-16-22_5-03-17-pm.png

Oakley's YA birthday! She rolled Slob and got a job in the Social Media career. I think she turned out rather nicely.
    07-16-22_5-21-29-pm.png
    07-16-22_6-21-02-pm.png

Beatrice's husband Hugh came to the hospital with Gas-and-Giggles.
    07-17-22_3-20-20-pm.png

Holly passed away :disappointed: Mabel went around to console her other mother.
    07-17-22_3-30-34-pm.png
    07-17-22_3-29-16-pm.png

Brant's children, Alvetta and Diego aged to teen. I forgot to send Emerson around to get a photo with them so I'll have to do that when I update. Daphne's son Rohan is a child; those blue eyes are certainly going strong in that side of the family.
    07-17-22_3-45-38-pm.png
    07-17-22_3-45-56-pm.png
    07-17-22_3-47-30-pm.png

Last day of work for Mabel! Kellee came in for treatment. No babies however, so I cheated Mabel to be level 10! Hopefully, she will be at the hospital when Rose and Emerson have a baby!!
    07-23-22_1-59-07-pm.png

Oakley's work outfit :lol::lol:
    07-17-22_4-19-15-pm.png

Emerson and Rose enjoying their last day as teenagers :blush:
    07-17-22_4-44-51-pm.png
    07-23-22_2-55-34-pm.png

And finally the gen 5 heir gets his birthday!! He rolled Cheerful and got a job as an Athlete! As a reminder, he gained the Extreme Sports Enthusiast, so I figured the career would make sense.
    07-23-22_3-05-36-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-10-27-pm.png

Rose also aged up. She is a Green Fiend, Vegetarian and Loves Outdoors. Her aspiration is Eco Innovator (which will not get done!) and she got a job as a Civil Designer.
    07-23-22_3-06-37-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-20-28-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And so ends gen 4. Mabel was an excellent heir, completing four child aspirations and three adult ones, including Bodybuilder so she will be around for a while :). Cohen was an excellent husband, reaching level 8 of the Education career, and he maintained good friendships with all his kids.

Arthur and Miranda are pregnant with their third and final child, and so is cousin Kailee. Nellie got married to Loario Kuresa and is having a late-in-life baby. Elijah also passed away, one day after Holly. Raiden has now moved into the retirement home, and his wife has moved in with Elijah's wife as they are still in the adult stage.

Oh, and I just had to show you this. I was going through, getting Emerson's outfits ready, and... well, all I can say is "wow"!
    07-23-22_3-08-51-pm.png
    I think he is the most buff sim I have ever played!!!!!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    So, I updated yesterday - took 4 hours! So I waited until today to play and everything worked okay except for when I took Emerson to Geekcon while Rose was at work and when he got home, it triggered the end of Rose’s work day. On the upside, Mabel finally got to deliver a baby when my gen 5 couple went to the hospital for their first baby 🤣. I’m going to wait until that baby is a teen before buying HSY so they can go to school with the original sims from that pack.
  • BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    @MayaRose1138 You have a beautiful family. Your heir looks really good and Rose is very cute. What a great pair they will be.

edited August 2022
    Iris & Aiyden Greene are not very happy. Perhaps this new home in Evergreen Harbor might cheer them up a little.

08-28-22_12-40-47_PM.png?width=1191&height=670

I chose floorplan A to build. I did not even try to get the roofline the same but I think it doesn't look too shabby. The inside is very bare but they have the necessities & a little extra to live comfortably.
    08-28-22_2-48-15_PM.png?width=1191&height=670

08-28-22_2-56-17_PM.png?width=1191&height=670
    edited September 2022
    My Iris & Aiyden Greene are expecting their first baby! ♥
    I removed the fabrication machines in the garage and placed exercise equipment. The dirt area just outside the garage is the area that Aiyden is building a rocket.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Hey everyone! @BrilliantDisaster I love how the house is coming along, it's nice to see Iris and Aiyden again I miss them ♥

@MayaRose1138 - Omgosh a four hour update wow! I am just loading up my game today after a bit of a break. I don't know who is who anymore in my game so I am trying to get reacquainted :lol: I did enjoy the High School pack from what I did play of it.
    @OJenn Thank you! Enjoy your game play. I hope you can get to know your Sims again.
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hello everyone! I chose the U'halu founders and moved to Sulani. I decided to build floor plan B and happy with the outcome. Kind of want to try A but decided to play instead. I had initially planned to wait for children but the couple had different plans. Manu wanted a child and Luana wanted to try for baby a couple times, so they are expecting their first child already.

Manu took a position as a Dirt-Digger in the Gardner career and Luana as a Wildlife Enthusiast in the Conservationist career. They've been enjoying their time together, busy working and enjoying the island. Luana is a mermaid, something I haven't played in a long time, so it's a nice change of pace of how I was playing.

The outside of floorplan B. Haven't taken photos inside the house.

img_6741.jpg

Here are Luana and Manu after their makeovers.

09-08-22_9-37-18-am.png
    09-08-22_9-37-24-am.png

The U'halu Family - Generation 1

img_6740.jpg

img_6743.jpg

img_6742.jpg

img_6744.jpg

img_6745.jpg

img_6746.jpg

img_6748.jpg

img_6749.jpg

img_6751.jpg
    edited September 2022
    Me again.

Surprisingly got some game play in this morning and decided to share before the weekend starts, where game time does not exist, usually. Next step will be making a family tree to hold all of the family's information.

The U’halu Family - Generation 1.2

img_6766.jpg

Both Manu and Luana are looking forward to meeting their first child. Luana already wishes to try for a baby with Manu again.

img_6767.jpg

Exploring the caves in Mua Pel’am for work.

img_6768.jpg

Finally furnished the front door. It was a large area and can now be used as an area to gather and socialize.

img_6769.jpg

Luana in labour at the hospital.

img_6771.jpg

Welcome baby boy Haywood James U'halu to the family.

img_6772.jpg

oh no

img_6773.jpg

This is NOT good.

img_6774.jpg

Manu pleading with the reaper to bring his wife back. It's to early for her to die.

img_6775.jpg

Thank you sim gods

img_6776.jpg

Roasting veggie dogs after an eventful day of almost losing his wife.

img_6777.jpg

Cleaning up the beaches for work.

img_6794.jpg

Can't forget about spreading awareness too.

img_6795.jpg

Chilling.

img_6796.jpg

Manu gets the husband of the year award. They are already expecting their second child because Luana keeps wishing to try for a baby with Manu. Which she wants to do AGAIN already.

img_6797.jpg

Haywood aged up.

img_6798.jpg

Enjoying life with a water balloon fight.

img_6799.jpg

I just realized there are mermaid tales made out of stone on the island. I did not know this.

img_6800.jpg

The children's room got a makeover. There is one toddler bed, one crib and one top bunk.

img_6801.jpg

Manu is at work and Haywood is sleeping, a perfect time to throw a gold kava party.

img_6802.jpg

Nice turn out and some randoms as well.

img_6803.jpg

Story time with daddy.

img_6804.jpg

Luana went into labour after returning home from work.

img_6805.jpg

Welcome baby boy Reed William U'Halu to the family.

befunky-collage.jpg

Haywood is still a toddler so not a lot to compare. He has Manu's hair colour and their skintone is close, and his eye colour is similar to his mother's and he is a mermaid too. Looks like his mom's mouth as well. Interesting to see how he looks as he ages.

What do other's do when picking an heir?
    Post edited by Luclylu on
    @MayaRose1138 You have a beautiful family. Your heir looks really good and Rose is very cute. What a great pair they will be.

Thank you :). I’m very pleased with Emerson, and after playing last weekend, I found out that the game considered him to already have the maximum fit body that the bodybuilder aspiration required 🤣.
    OJenn wrote: »
    Hey everyone! @BrilliantDisaster I love how the house is coming along, it's nice to see Iris and Aiyden again I miss them ♥

@MayaRose1138 - Omgosh a four hour update wow! I am just loading up my game today after a bit of a break. I don't know who is who anymore in my game so I am trying to get reacquainted :lol: I did enjoy the High School pack from what I did play of it.

I’m planning on getting the HSY pack when the oldest child reaches high school so any tips or things to watch out for would be appreciated!

@Luclylu - what a great start! I used that floor plan to create a rental house in Sulani so I know how tricky getting those angles can be! Haywood looks cute - I can’t wait to see what Reed looks like and whether he ends up as a merman too! For my heirs, I like them to have a mixture of colours from their parents - ie. hair from one parent, eye colour from the other - and if I have several of those, then either whoever I find I like the best or I put the possible spouses in and see who gets along best with one of them. At the moment, all of the spouses have ended up being the youngest in the family but I think that’s just been coincidence.

When I eventually get through Brindleton Bay, I’m intending to do the same challenge with Sulani so I’m looking forward to seeing how your family goes!
    edited September 2022
    The U’halu Family - Generation 1.3

img_6852.jpg

Working on cleaning up the island.

img_6853.jpg

Manu came home with a promotion and was able to select the a path. He chose the Botanist branch.

img_6855.jpg

Reed aged up and I love him with those brown eyes.

img_6854.jpg

Brotherly love.

img_6856.jpg

Grilling for dinner but also working on her aspiration.

img_6857.jpg

While out combing for treasure, Luana went into labour.

img_6858.jpg

Welcome Scout Leopold U'Halu!

img_6859.jpg

And his twin sister Hazel Mae U'Halu. Was not expecting twins but happy they had at least one daughter.

img_6860.jpg

Yay for messes.

img_6861.jpg

Happy birthday Haywood!

img_6862.jpg

He recieved the Whiz Kid aspiration and the Recycle Disciple trait.

img_6863.jpg

Luana also came home with the option to chose a career branch. She chose Marine Biologist.

img_6931.jpg

The twins aged up. Messes are plentiful in the U'Halu house.

img_6932.jpg

Followed by his twin sister Hazel.

img_6933.jpg

Manu works a lot from home, so he's become the main parent while Luana works on her career and needs to keep herself hydrated.

img_6934.jpg

The house got an addition because there was no room for 4 kids and an office. I probably could of made it work but it would of been really tight. I was not expected to have 4 children but the 3 planned pregnancies. Luckily neither wish for anymore children because that's not happening.

img_6935.jpg

Daddy daughter bonding time.

img_6936.jpg

Manu can't forget about Haywood and Reed, so roasted marshmallows and hotdogs before bed.

img_6937.jpg

Luana completed the Beach Life aspiration and now has the Bestselling Author. I've kept their household account around $10,000 but the new addition depleted those funds. Need more money to fully finish the rooms.

img_6938.jpg

Haywood working hard in school.

img_6939.jpg

Manu is always with one child at all times. It's sweet.

img_6940.jpg

Cool boat! I forgot it was unlocked with her career.

img_6941.jpg

Mermaid Luana doesn't get much screen time. So here she is.

img_6942.jpg

Happy birthday Reed!

img_6943.jpg

Another contender for possible heir. He has the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration and his trait is Creative.

img_6944.jpg

Still no dining room but they do have a picnic table outdoors. Apparently the couch is more comfortable.

img_6945.jpg

Helping Haywood with his homework.

img_6946.jpg

Twin dance party.

img_6947.jpg

Haywood made a friend at school, her name is Camille.

img_6948.jpg

Night out on the town! I also added a couple holidays (Halloween, Easter, Family camping trip).

img_6949.jpg

Almost completed the Whiz Kid aspiration.

img_6950.jpg

Happy birthday Scout!

img_6953.jpg

His aspiration is Artistic Prodigy and his trait is Dog Lover.

img_6951.jpg

Happy birthday Hazel!

img_6954.jpg

Her aspiration is also Artistic Prodigy and her trait is Good.

img_6952.jpg

AND Manu is celebrating his birthday too!

Let's see facial comparisons! There were a lot of birthdays, so a lot of side by sides.

befunky-collage-1.jpg

Not exactly sure who Reed looks like but he does have his father's eye colour but a different shade of brown hair.

befunky-collage-2.jpg

I think Haywood will favor his mother has he ages. He's defiantly the top contender at the moment for heir.

befunky-collage-3.jpg

Scout is the only child to have Luana's exact eye colour.

befunky-collage-4.jpg

Hazel defiantly has her mothers chin. I'm not sure who's nose she has but it is different then all her brothers. I have no clue where the green eyes came from but she has her mothers hair colour.

befunky-collage-5.jpg

Okay, I take that back about Haywood favoring Luana. Reed reminds me a lot of Luana with his facial features (except his mouth). He seems the perfect mix of his parents and is also a strong contender for heir.

befunky-collage-6.jpg

Scout has a different eye shape then both parents but his dads mouth.

befunky-collage-7.jpg

Hazel shares the same eye shape as her twin brother but has her moms mouth. It's funny how her nose was different as a toddler but now looks just like her twins.
    @Luclylu - what a great start! I used that floor plan to create a rental house in Sulani so I know how tricky getting those angles can be! Haywood looks cute - I can’t wait to see what Reed looks like and whether he ends up as a merman too! For my heirs, I like them to have a mixture of colours from their parents - ie. hair from one parent, eye colour from the other - and if I have several of those, then either whoever I find I like the best or I put the possible spouses in and see who gets along best with one of them. At the moment, all of the spouses have ended up being the youngest in the family but I think that’s just been coincidence.

When I eventually get through Brindleton Bay, I’m intending to do the same challenge with Sulani so I’m looking forward to seeing how your family goes!

Thank you! That’s a good way of picking an heir. As I play them and see them age, I’m starting to favour specific children. I almost chose Brindleton Bay because it’s been a long time since I’ve played in that world but I’ve never really explored Sulani and wanted to play with mermaids.
    @Luclylu - great post! Isn't that always the way - you plan the number of pregnancies but not the number of kids! The extension looks good; I noticed when doing this floorplan that there wasn't a great deal of room in those bedrooms so I can understand the need for space! All the kids seem great at the moment - it's going to be hard to pick an heir just based on looks because they all seem to have elements from both parents. Maybe, depending on how you want to play it, whether they're a merperson or not might play a role in deciding things - you could have a dynasty of merpeople :)
    This is going to be a huge house tour of the Gen 5 house because it's a three-storey house! I had to cut off the garage at the front of the floor plan because it didn't fit. I used Plan B, though I did also do Plan A, which is now one of the family homes in Newcrest. I do not know why there are lights and flags everywhere and I cannot seem to get rid of them!!
    Front and back views
    07-23-22_3-33-05-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-33-43-pm.png

Floor plans - ground floor - clockwise from entry: two kids bedrooms, games room, gym, bar, bathroom
    07-23-22_3-35-23-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-36-13-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-36-25-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-37-05-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-36-54-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-52-28-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-37-38-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-37-27-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-37-16-pm.png

First floor - clockwise from stairs at the right: hobby room, toilet, study, living room, dining room, kitchen/pantry
    07-23-22_3-34-46-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-54-38-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-54-54-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-54-04-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-53-16-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-53-02-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-53-31-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-53-23-pm.png

Second floor - clockwise from bottom left-hand corner: toddler room, master ensuite, master bedroom, WIR, play area, bathroom, laundry
    07-23-22_3-34-12-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-55-09-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-55-57-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-56-08-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-56-21-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-56-31-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-57-04-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-56-52-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-56-41-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-57-35-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-57-24-pm.png
    07-23-22_3-55-32-pm.png

img_7035.jpg

After bring scared awake from the monsters under his bed, Reed went out and completed the last tier of the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

img_7036.jpg

It's Thanksgiving in the U'Halu household. Luana is making tofurkey for dinner.

img_7037.jpg

Family dinner time.

img_7038.jpg

Finally completed Hazel's room. Her space away from all her brothers.

img_7039.jpg

Playing around with Haywood.

img_7040.jpg

Manu working on a scientific paper for work. With Luana at work and all the children at school, he's enjoying having the house to himself.

img_7041.jpg

A visit from Seasmoke!

img_7042.jpg

Luana is reading stories to Reed, it's unsure if he will complete the Whiz Kid aspiration before his birthday.

img_7043.jpg

Meet Blue the cowplant.

img_7044.jpg

Haywood met Charlie at school and invited him over to play. He is a boy and his eyes are unavailable, so no possible match there. Yes I'm already on the hunt for their spouses.

img_7045.jpg

Happy birthday Luana!

img_7046.jpg

Happy birthday Haywood!

befunky-collage-8.jpg

I was not expecting Haywood to look just like his dad. He does have his mothers eye shape and similar colour but he will not be heir.

img_7047.jpg

His aspiration is Mt. Komorebi Sightseer and his traits are Recycle Disciple, Mentally Gifted, Physically Gifted, and Unflirty.

img_7048.jpg

Happy Halloween!

img_7049.jpg

The entire family took turns carving pumpkins before going trick or treating.

img_7050.jpg

One of the few trick or treaters who came to the door.

img_7051.jpg

First day at school. The principal was to occupied playing video games though.

img_7052.jpg

Haywood met Suzanne Bjergsen at school. It took quite sometime and hangouts at home but he finally worked up the courage to ask her to be his girlfriend. She said yes!

img_7053.jpg

Happy birthday Reed!

img_7054.jpg

Reed has the Galactic Privateer aspiration and his traits are Creative, Physically Gifted,Self-Assured, and Prepared Voyager.

befunky-collage-9.jpg

Hello generation two heir. Unless something changes when the twins age into teenagers, Reed will be heir.
    He seems to be the perfect mix in my opinion and has always been a favorite.

img_7055.jpg

Luana telling Reed his duties as heir.

img_7056.jpg

Haywood returned home from school with news that he could graduate early. WHAT!? I did not know this was a thing. He did and has now applied for University.

img_7057.jpg

The twins are usually always together. It's cute that they follow each other around and hang out the two of them.

img_7058.jpg

There is no one suitable at the school for Reed. I'm looking for someone with different genetics then Reed, so he hangs out with his brothers girlfriend instead.

img_7059.jpg

While he waits to hear news from the University, Haywood helps around the house and invites Suzanne over.

img_7060.jpg

Some brotherly bonding about girls.

img_7061.jpg

Even some father son bonding. Manu had to have the talk with Haywood.

img_7063.jpg

Which was to late because ooooopps. This was a TOTAL shock to me as it's been awhile since I played around with the MCCC mod. Suzanne showed up at the door and I thought her stomach looked big and after checking, she was in her third trimester and Haywood was the father. Also they one messed around once.

img_7062.jpg

So he proposed, which was something that would of happened regardless, just earlier then planned.

img_7064.jpg

Suzanne moved in that night and went into labour 3 hours later.

img_7065.jpg

Welcome Saylor Lane U'Halu.
    @Luclylu - great post! Isn't that always the way - you plan the number of pregnancies but not the number of kids! The extension looks good; I noticed when doing this floorplan that there wasn't a great deal of room in those bedrooms so I can understand the need for space! All the kids seem great at the moment - it's going to be hard to pick an heir just based on looks because they all seem to have elements from both parents. Maybe, depending on how you want to play it, whether they're a merperson or not might play a role in deciding things - you could have a dynasty of merpeople :)

Very true! It was quite the shock but this save is doing that a lot it would seem :D Thanks! I was unsure if I could do an addition but I saw on the front page you could. Once this generation is done I’ll upload the original and then the expansion. Yes I’ll definitely be sticking with merpeople and it just so happens all children are.

Amazing house! Are some of those wallpapers from the kids kit? I love how big and spacious those bathrooms are.
    Luclylu wrote: »

Very true! It was quite the shock but this save is doing that a lot it would seem :D Thanks! I was unsure if I could do an addition but I saw on the front page you could. Once this generation is done I’ll upload the original and then the expansion. Yes I’ll definitely be sticking with merpeople and it just so happens all children are.

Amazing house! Are some of those wallpapers from the kids kit? I love how big and spacious those bathrooms are.

I think the rules are as long as you stick with the original floor plan to begin with, additions are allowed if needed :) I'm not the best builder so my floor plans occasionally differ slightly but I try to stick with what's there!! Because I'm doing a cat dynasty as well as the sim one, I've had to add a room on for the cats in the past! Each generation has two cats - the heir and their partner. They started with a white cat in gen 1 and so far, every generation has only had one kitten and each one has been white as well!!

Thank you! No, none of the wallpapers are from the kids kit. I don't remember where the one with stars is from - could be cc - but the pink one is from the Decor to the Max kit. The black one in the games/bar area is definitely cc. The ensuite is huge!!! As is the downstairs bathroom. I think that one was also supposed to have the laundry but since I don't have that SP, I just created it as a bathroom. Then I got some laundry cc recently and had to put the laundry elsewhere :)
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.01
    New generation! I was going to post the wedding as well and then realised how may pictures that was! I'll do that one later in the week.

To start with, before they left the gen 4 house, Alpine aged into an adult cat.
    07-23-22_3-24-56-pm.png
    07-23-22_4-25-46-pm.png

Rose asked Mabel's permission to marry Emerson.
    07-23-22_3-25-43-pm.png

One last woohoo before they leave :lol:
    07-23-22_3-29-10-pm.png

The gen 5 house is right next door to the vet clinic and opposite the retirement home.
    07-23-22_3-58-36-pm.png

Rose seems excited to have a new house. Alpine couldn't care less :lol:
    07-23-22_4-01-44-pm.png
    07-23-22_4-45-56-pm.png

Rose's aspiration is Eco-Innovator so they went to collect some stuff from Evergreen Harbour. They ran into Arthur and Miranda there, the latter of whom had to quickly turn away when Emerson and Rose decided to particpate in... other activities <3
    07-23-22_4-37-29-pm.png
    07-23-22_4-40-14-pm.png

Mabel was around that very first night to visit, checking on how her baby son was doing.
    07-23-22_5-03-40-pm.png
    07-23-22_5-05-23-pm.png

Hudson, one of Emerson's cousins/friends, called to invite them out to Windenburg. The nearly the whole group went - Emerson and Rose, plus Peyton, Aidan, Tyson, Blaze and Sebastian. I think Oakley turned up later.
    07-24-22_2-06-03-pm.png

Always a little bit of time to sneak away from the group...
    07-24-22_2-10-20-pm.png

Rose decided to try out some yoga at home.
    07-24-22_2-36-20-pm.png

Then it was Love Day and what better time to propose!
    07-24-22_2-40-04-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-40-38-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-40-47-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-40-55-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-41-06-pm.png

Rose told Alpine all about the proposal.
    07-24-22_3-08-47-pm.png

Then came the planning for the wedding. Sebastian was invited to be Ring Bearer, Peyton was Flower Girl, Oakley was Sim of Honour, and Dove was asked to be the Officiant.
    07-24-22_2-55-19-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-53-33-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-55-48-pm.png
    07-24-22_2-57-28-pm.png

All this excitement was tempered by the news of Lyric's death. She was last of gen 2 and had actually outlasted several of gen 3. But Emerson and Rose decided to go out for dinner. Unfortunately, that didn't go too well as it took 4 hours for the meal to be served and both sims were very tired and hungry by the time it was!!
    07-24-22_3-15-26-pm.png
    07-24-22_3-26-41-pm.png
    07-24-22_3-27-26-pm.png

At this time, there were three more babies in the family. Arthur and Miranda had Sullivan; Nellie had Mason; and Kailee had Brianna. The yellow hair is still going very strong on Ivy's side of the family!
    08-28-22_2-01-16-pm.png
    08-28-22_2-03-16-pm.png
    08-28-22_2-05-01-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm almost out of space on my current wordpress account. I've worked out how to start a new one but because it's a free account, I've only got 1GB of space, whereas for some reason, I've got 3GB in the current one. So I might need a few more before I get to the end of gen 10!

I've got around 30 pics of the wedding and honeymoon so that will be a separate post, hopefully within the next few days.
    edited September 2022
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.02
    Forgot to add these two pics in the last post. First is the map of Brindleton Bay now we're halfway through the challenge, and a list of who is living where. Second is the family tree descended from gen 2 heir Lyric at the start of gen 5.
    brindleton-gen-5.png
    family-tree-start-gen-5.png

The weekend after the proposal, Emerson and Rose decided they wanted to have the wedding in Tartosa, so off they went. The weather wasn't great on the first day but at least they were able to go buy a bouquet and test out the wedding cakes.
    07-24-22_3-53-08-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_3-54-59-pm-1.png

They did sit out on the beach for a while but it was raining so eventually they went back to the rental and enjoyed a few indoor activities :wink:
    07-24-22_3-58-20-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_4-04-10-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_4-06-14-pm-1.png

Later that day, the weather cleared up so they went back to do some more shopping and exploring.
    07-24-22_4-56-14-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_4-54-08-pm-1.png

The view from their rental was stunning!
    07-24-22_4-52-23-pm-1.png

That night, they went out for dinner at a local upmarket restaurant.
    07-24-22_4-17-56-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_4-20-14-pm-1.png

And finally it was time for the wedding! Those invited were: Mabel & Cohen (parents), Oakley and Peyton (siblings), aunts and uncles - Beatrice, Hugh, Nellie, Arthur, Miranda; and cousins - Sebastian, Kayla, Aidan, Hudson, Tyson, Blaze and Adrienne.
    07-24-22_5-02-02-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-03-51-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-09-45-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-10-29-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-10-56-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-11-22-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-12-14-pm-1.png

Even Alpine wanted in on the day :lol:
    07-24-22_5-12-42-pm-1.png

The vows didn't get far before Rose realised she was pregnant - oops :sweat_smile: Emerson wasn't overjoyed initially (none of this family ever seem to be happy about kids!) but then he was fine.
    07-24-22_5-13-11-pm-1.png

Grandma Dove made for an excellent officiant although she did shed a tear or two as the two lovebirds were married :heart:
    07-24-22_5-13-43-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-14-06-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-14-15-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-14-27-pm-1.png

Head bump!
    07-24-22_5-14-41-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-14-48-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-15-20-pm-1.png

Then it was time to party and to socialise.
    07-24-22_5-03-41-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-17-46-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-19-16-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-25-30-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-26-38-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-27-48-pm-1.png
    07-24-22_5-20-49-pm-1.png

Emerson and Rose spent the night in Tartosa before heading home as a married couple :smiley: Not long after, Sebastian aged into a teen, his little sister Kayla aged into a child and youngest sibling Sullivan became a toddler (see last post for that pic).
    08-28-22_2-52-48-pm.png
    08-28-22_3-24-19-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm interested in seeing how Arthur's kids turn out because he was the other possible heir. Sebastian turned out well and could easily have been Emerson's brother.

For my first attempt at a wedding, it went pretty good! It did take about 3 hours for everyone to show up, and Dove was one of the last. As she was the officiant, I really couldn't start the wedding without her :smirk:. They hired a pianist but he didn't show up until I cancelled the wedding at around 7pm :sigh:. And I really had no idea that Rose was pregnant, although I shouldn't have been surprised given the amount of woohoo that they were wishing for :blush:.
    edited September 2022

img_7279.jpg

img_7283.jpg

Happy birthday Scout!

img_7280.jpg

img_7282.jpg

Happy birthday Hazel!

img_7281.jpg

Luana exploring the sea while also completing reports for work.

img_7278.jpg

Saylor aged up and resembles her grandparents with her black hair and brown eyes. It is crazy seeing the genetics already playing out for generation three. Yes Saylor wont be heir and wont see much of her but it's nice to see.

img_7292.jpg

Everyone adores Saylor.

img_7293.jpg

RIP BLUE

img_7295.jpg

Manu comforting Saylor as she lost one of her grandparents on her moms side.

img_7285.jpg

I thought messes would be a thing of the past but with a grandchild in the house its expected.

img_7286.jpg

Suzanne has lost her mother now. Both parents are deceased.

img_7294.jpg

Family game night! Reed and Hazel are the last two remaining players.

img_7287.jpg

Reed met Shannon Creech while at the beach. She invited him over and Reed got to witness snow for the first time.

img_7290.jpg

Merry Christmas in the U'Halu household.
    The family got together to decorate the tree outdoors because there isn't much space available inside. It's a full house.

img_7291.jpg

Present time.

img_7288.jpg

Another grand meal of tofurkey.

img_7289.jpg

Shannon made a surprise visit for dinner.

img_7300.jpg

Happy birthday Haywood!

img_7301.jpg

Happy birthday Suzanne!

img_7302.jpg

After a quick make-over it was time.

img_7303.jpg

Time for a wedding of course.

img_7304.jpg

I now pronouce you Mr. and Mrs. U'Halu

img_7305.jpg

The entire family was in attendance, plus Suzanne's two sisters and brother. It was a beautiful ceremony.

img_7306.jpg

Haywood, Suzanne and Saylor made the move to Newcrest.
    This house was built by me and is mostly renovated.

img_7307.jpg

Manu telling Reed about his duty as heir because it is offically, he will be heir.

img_7308.jpg

Shannon invited Reed out on a date. She got tired of waiting on Reed to ask her out again.

img_7310.jpg

Haywood stops by occasionally but this time he had news. Him and Suzanne are expecting again.

img_7311.jpg

Luana and Manu are still very much in love and are a bit teary as their children grow up.

img_7312.jpg

Homework circle. Reed also graduated early and applied for the Drama program at the University of Britechester.

img_7313.jpg

All the children were mermainds. Reed has a gorgeous red tail.

img_7314.jpg

Finally completed the Best Selling Author aspiration. Also, both Manu and Luana, have reached level 10 of their careers.

img_7315.jpg

Scout was invited to a teen party. There he met Shelby Sigworth.

img_7316.jpg

And asked Kiesha Munch out.

img_7317.jpg

Time to celebrate the heir with a coconut birthday cake.

img_7318.jpg

And just like that we move onto generation two.

The generation two house is also completed and ready for Reed to move into. I decided to go with floor plan A and it was a fun build. Here is a house tour.
    img_7319.jpg

img_7320.jpg

img_7321.jpg

img_7322.jpg

img_7323.jpg

img_7324.jpg

img_7325.jpg

img_7326.jpg

img_7327.jpg

img_7329.jpg

img_7328.jpg

img_7296.jpg
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Hey hey! Just popping in to say hi and leave some comments :smile:

@MayaRose1138 Congrats on reaching gen 5!! Emerson is crazy buff! I'm sure he'll have no problem with his aspiration or career, he's certainly built for them :lol: WOAH that's a big house! I don't think I've ever played in a 3-story house (well, other than a two-story + basement, but I don't count that :sweat_smile: ). I love the game room - looks like the perfect place to entertain! Aww Alpine is so cute!! I'm sure Rose an Emerson will be expecting gen 6 any day now if they can't even keep their hands off each other at a literal junk yard :sweat_smile: Congrats to the happy couple on their engagement! Ooo a Tartosa wedding :love: It's such a romantic world! LOL Alpine crashed the wedding :lol: What a beautiful wedding!!

@BrilliantDisaster I love seeing Aiyden & Iris again! I love your makeovers of them - that hair looks great on Aiyden & the cottage-core style really suits them both :smile: The house looks amazing - I LOVE the garage space!! I love when floorplans have garages, cause it's a great place to put all the skill-building stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else :sweat_smile:

@Luclylu AHH I'm so glad you chose the U'halus! I adore their makeovers :heart: Gah...You're making me want to play them in Sulani as well (but I still have like 5 gens of Evergreen Harbor to finish :sweat_smile: ) Their bedroom is GORGEOUS - that wallpaper is perfect for Sunali! Manu looks so at home in his garden. I always forget Luana is a mermaid and am so shocked/amazed when I see her in mermaid form :lol: OMG Luana got hit by a meteor?!?! Or was that a volcanic explosion? Either way, I'm glad Grim was feeling generous :flushed: Little Haywood is so cute! As for picking an heir, I try to pick the best genetic mix unless I really hate their aspiration/traits, in which case I'll pick the next-best lol. I've given up on challenges before cause I wasn't enjoying the gameplay, so for me, having fun aspirations/traits is important. Manu is so cute in his botanist lab coat! I must've never done that career before (or it's been a long time at least), cause I don't think I've ever seen it before - so cute! Aww Reed is a cutie too!! AHH twins!! The multiples curse strikes again, but at least you finally got a girl! Oh no...three toddlers in the house at once though...that's rough :grimace: I don't blame you for adding a house addition - they needed it! :lol: Teen Haywood was quite the surprise, I didn't expect him to look so much like Manu either! He's a cutie, but I don't blame you for not picking him as the heir (he can go live happily ever after in Mt. Komo :lol: ) Omg I love their Halloween costumes & pumpkin carving! I always forget about Halloween in the Sims (they really should've added Spooky Day as an official holiday in Season). Reed is a little stunner :love: I totally support him being the heir. wHAAAAT Haywood's already gonna be a father :flushed: At least he graduated already I guess :sweat_smile: Yooo Scout is pretty cute too! And Hazel is gorgeous (I had no doubts she would be, she def takes after her mama :sunglasses: ) Saylor definitely looks like an U'halu! Oh no RIP Blue :cry: The outdoor Christmas is such a good idea for Sulani - I mean the weather is perfect after all, why not? Congrats to the happy couple!! Suzanne and Haywood make a cute couple, and the wedding was gorgeous! I'm so glad the kids are mermaids -- Reed's tail is gorgeous!! The Gen 2 house is sooo cute omg, I love the yellow exterior, and it's so beachy on the inside! Is the bathroom tile cc or if not which pack is it from?? I swear I've never seen it before and I love it!
    I figured I'd better get the next update out because I'm nearly at the stage of play in this generation where the oldest child is four days away from becoming a YA!!! Just a note to those who have High School Years but haven't played teens yet - if you want their grades to go up, don't follow them to school. If you play them actually at school, their grades will remain the same :(
    @MayaRose1138 Congrats on reaching gen 5!! Emerson is crazy buff! I'm sure he'll have no problem with his aspiration or career, he's certainly built for them :lol: WOAH that's a big house! I don't think I've ever played in a 3-story house (well, other than a two-story + basement, but I don't count that :sweat_smile: ). I love the game room - looks like the perfect place to entertain! Aww Alpine is so cute!! I'm sure Rose an Emerson will be expecting gen 6 any day now if they can't even keep their hands off each other at a literal junk yard :sweat_smile: Congrats to the happy couple on their engagement! Ooo a Tartosa wedding :love: It's such a romantic world! LOL Alpine crashed the wedding :lol: What a beautiful wedding!!

Thank you :) There's a house in Sulani - can't remember which generation - that I used for family members and I think it's four storeys (technically three and a basement). The games room is great but if I leave the sims alone for too long, they will inevitably go play table tennis :lol:.

@Luclylu - All the kids turned out well! Who would have expected Haywood to have a kid before leaving high school?! Saylor is a cute little kid, so I imagine her little brother or sister will be as well. Nice house - I like the bright, breezy colours which are very suitable for Sulani. I'm looking forward to see who Reed ends up with and what his kids are going to be like!

edited September 2022
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.03
    Once the honeymoon was over, it was back home to get those skills up ready for promotion. Rose was promoted to level 2 two days later, and Emerson reached level 5 of the athletic career.
    09-03-22_3-28-12-pm.png

They also adopted a female kitten named Fifi, a companion for Alpine. She's cute :smiley:
    08-28-22_3-41-40-pm.png
    08-28-22_3-42-16-pm.png
    08-28-22_3-49-46-pm.png

Emerson was invited out to GeekCon by Oakley. Peyton was there too, as were Mabel and Cohen. Even though Emerson participated in the gaming and programming events, he didn't win anything.
    08-28-22_3-57-04-pm.png
    08-28-22_4-00-41-pm.png

You would think that since Emerson had mastered fitness, that he would win a table tennis match with Rose. That didn't happen :lol:
    08-28-22_4-11-04-pm.png

And all too soon, it was time for the first baby of gen 6 to be born! Emerson and Rose headed for the hospital and were excited to realise that Mabel would be delivering the baby! (No-one came in while I was controlling Mabel but as soon as I swap households...) Beatrice was also there as the receptionist.
    08-28-22_5-09-21-pm.png
    08-28-22_5-10-08-pm.png
    08-28-22_5-12-59-pm.png
    08-28-22_5-13-35-pm.png

Welcome baby Aspen George! (winter naming theme)
    08-28-22_5-14-35-pm.png
    09-03-22_12-56-51-pm.png

Because I am really impatient with babies, it wasn't long before Aspen aged into a wild toddler. He has his mother's hair colour and his greatx3-grandmother's (Lia) eye colour. Interestingly, both his parents have the same skin colour so that won't be a consideration in this generation.
    09-03-22_1-25-02-pm.png

And second pregnancy confirmed...
    08-28-22_5-19-16-pm.png

Toddler spam!
    09-03-22_3-44-51-pm.png
    09-03-22_4-47-47-pm.png
    09-03-22_3-50-24-pm.png
    09-03-22_5-16-26-pm.png
    09-03-22_1-53-10-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-06-05-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-07-33-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-18-14-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-19-52-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-27-22-pm.png

Playing basketball without clothes :lol:
    09-03-22_2-10-16-pm.png

Fifi aged into a cat and was almost immediately accosted by a small human.
    09-03-22_1-26-07-pm.png
    09-03-22_2-24-37-pm.png

Two cousins aged up into teens - Dylan (Kit's grandson) and Sigrid (Ivy's great-granddaughter). I think Sigrid's family live in the alternative house plan for gen 5 that I ended up putting in Newcrest.
    09-03-22_5-08-23-pm-2.png
    09-03-22_5-05-22-pm.png

Aspen gets to meet one of his cousins, Sigrid's little sister Brianna... I think :)
    09-03-22_5-03-34-pm.png

And then it was time for baby number two to be born. Mabel was there again, which Emerson was pleased about.
    08-28-22_5-11-10-pm.png
    09-03-22_5-31-10-pm.png

A little girl this time, named Winter Rose!
    09-03-22_5-31-53-pm.png

Very quickly, it was her birthday time too. Winter aged up as a clingy toddler, with Emerson's colouring. There has to be one clone in every generation, I think :smirk: But she's still cute.
    09-03-22_6-29-26-pm.png

Not sure when this was taken but it seems Alpine has been practising his magic skills :lol:
    09-03-22_1-03-56-pm.png

Final baby incoming!
    09-03-22_6-18-53-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There were a few other birthdays in this time period, as well as deaths. Violet - Kit's wife - passed away, as did Lark, and the gen 5 cats Apollo and Waffle. Interestingly, when Apollo died, Rose - who was nowhere near the cat - got a fear of death from the news! Fortunately, that was a fear that was easily got rid of.
    Two babies - Audrey had her second daughter Harmony, and Hudson is the first of Emerson's good friends from childhood to have a child, who was named Elliot.
    Peyton is pregnant to Braydon Pleasant, and two cousins got married close to aging up into full adults. Kelley, one of Lyric's cousins, aged up to elder and moved into the retirement home.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Luclylu - Aww Manu and Luana look so cute together settling into their island life together. Their home turned out really nicely too! It was super nice of Grim to bring Luana back to be with her boys. Oh wow twins, welp at least they are cute? I think Haywood was my favorite when he was a child but I definitely agree that Reed turned out to be a better mix between his parents. The oops baby totally caught me by surpise but aww ♥

@MayaRose1138 - Wow the Gen 5 house is huge! I always forget how big things are until we all start building :lol: Rose and Emerson are so in love ♥ What a beautiful beach wedding! Fifi that kitten is quite the cutie and I love the name Aspen for their first baby.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top