Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online dating

babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I was super surprised that we don’t have online dating in the Sims I thought it would be coming with university or we would have gotten it was high school years because my Sim is being turned down so much because of the orientation that is now introduced in the Sims four And I find it so funny because they’re like oh you’re not my type but we can be friends.
Also can we have some new food machines or something like waffle maker or something like that like I need more equipment.

I also haven’t been playing the Sims consistently but when I do play the Sims I find that I don’t go anywhere I just stay at my home lot and do nothing anyone else staying at home and not travelling??
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    If you're not against mods, there is one for online dating.

To answer your question, all my sims are homebodies. I very rarely take them anywhere, just because I don't have the patience for loading screens.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    JaiSea wrote: »
    To answer your question, all my sims are homebodies. I very rarely take them anywhere, just because I don't have the patience for loading screens.

Same!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2022
    babytes wrote: »
    So I was super surprised that we don’t have online dating in the Sims I thought it would be coming with university or we would have gotten it was high school years because my Sim is being turned down so much because of the orientation that is now introduced in the Sims four And I find it so funny because they’re like oh you’re not my type but we can be friends.
    Also can we have some new food machines or something like waffle maker or something like that like I need more equipment.

I also haven’t been playing the Sims consistently but when I do play the Sims I find that I don’t go anywhere I just stay at my home lot and do nothing anyone else staying at home and not travelling??

I would have thought online dating would have been patched in with the High School Years Prepatch.

I can't understand why we don't have an online dating feature when there are is a mod with this feature. Little Miss Sams has the Online Dating Mod. That mod also comes with an attraction system.
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2022
    Indeed. Online Dating, attraction system and Gypsymatchmaker were underrated features. Since Sims 4 have established hair/eye color unlike Sims 3, proper attraction system can be built. Maybe something like likes/dislikes kind of thing.
  • Options
    I like the online dating option since I don't have to leave my house to meet anyone. :smiley:
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry but i fully disagree with this idea if you went such a feature as mention you can always use mods
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    sorry but i fully disagree with this idea if you went such a feature as mention you can always use mods

Not to sound rude, but did you use the online dating feature when you played the Sims 3 when it came with the Seasons EP? If you didn't, you could the same the in this game as well if they had of added it in. Sims players have that choice of playing whichever feature that comes with the game. Just because you don't want that feature doesn't mean that everyone else should do without it. Just my honest opinion... :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    never and never will since i made the choice to keep my sims single
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    But how would it work? Would you have to sit watching what they do on their PCs and phones? There are already Chat options on the devices. Even send a text on the phones. But you cannot see a face of who they are chatting with. I guess the Chat options could be expanded to the same options they have when face to face. But even so, it's not as if you can see the other person. Swipe left?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    But how would it work? Would you have to sit watching what they do on their PCs and phones? There are already Chat options on the devices. Even send a text on the phones. But you cannot see a face of who they are chatting with. I guess the Chat options could be expanded to the same options they have when face to face. But even so, it's not as if you can see the other person. Swipe left?

It would probably be similar to the Online Dating App in TS3 were you see picture profiles of all the Sim Townies. TS3 had issues though cause most of the sims on the app were married. Now you could make your single sims put up a profile.
  • Options
    willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    I do wish they were more dating options, and I wish that with this new neighborhood stories that were options to have Sims into new relationship or break up
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Not to sound rude, but did you use the online dating feature when you played the Sims 3 when it came with the Seasons EP? If you didn't, you could the same the in this game as well if they had of added it in. Sims players have that choice of playing whichever feature that comes with the game. Just because you don't want that feature doesn't mean that everyone else should do without it. Just my honest opinion... :)

I have the mod so I don't mind, but I agree. That seems unfair, because some people don't use mods and some people are afraid of mods.

MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    JaiSea wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I have the mod so I don't mind, but I agree. That seems unfair, because some people don't use mods and some people are afraid of mods.

Exactly. I was one of those people who didn't use any mods in the Sims 3 for a very long time until about 6 years ago when I had learned how to install them. And just because one person would rather play their sims as a single sim all of the time doesn't mean that everyone else should do the same thing as that player does as we all play our games differently and want other features to make the game more exciting. Just because a feature is added to the game doesn't mean that we're being forced to use that feature as it's optional.