Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about a potential Sims 5 announcement?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
Since there's speculation that the Sims 5 could be announced soon I figured it'd be interesting to make a poll to see how everyone feels about a hypothetical upcoming Sims game :)

(Note: It hasn't been confirmed that Sims 5 will be announced or when it will come out if it is announced - this is all purely speculation for now)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

How do you feel about a potential Sims 5 announcement? 178 votes

I'm excited to hear about a new game!
17%
canitbemanwindweaverAlexaisimlish1TheSpotted_Cyesme88heiblumeAMHB1974JestTrucelipoesiasalanmichael1goodcakebaker62ldmarkoLizzychicagoFonxi121994greydonnOLDGREEKkiwi84SimplyBreaChadSims2 32 votes
I'm interested in hearing about a new game
5%
rudy8292bekitaydevkeene61MDianaSimscalipossSimskristaEleriCybersbe 9 votes
It's about time 🤷‍♀️
7%
ehaught58catmom1987FlamingoKicker1Changkracleo224cece15624DopieDopeSimBren91StrawberryYogurthoneywitchReaganboganlulicanalessimmerorigin 13 votes
I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me
28%
auroraael14EvvieSimmeralexspoom13OolonglongrudolphaMsMayPlayerSinger2010suetoopIllandryaleigheJokubasPeachesnDucksSnuffyBucketdreamerz13airotciv54KennziKaigeRachel580peterskywalkerluvdasims55amcroce 50 votes
I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
12%
BluegayleSara1010Pmcruddsimgirl1010mitchiebanjoGracieO312Felicity1169cyncieWinifred_WillowSaga-MinxCeridwenkayt45CarpeNocheSimsDaniRose2143xxxsillysimsbirdonawirenetney52plumboy23Arcajpsulsuldagdag 23 votes
I don't want the Sims 4 to end yet!
14%
Akl500PcatloverplayerRamblineRoseSpatz12JEREMIABabykittyjadeFreddyFox123483bienchenSnaveXsSheriSim57Sheepilingphunktasticjoe89mrs_starkeySERVERFRASiggDiggitCarl_Veluz1992ChildrenofhurinSthenastiaMeowchaFrappeIsharell 25 votes
Insert other response
14%
bshag4lvLeGardePourpreRflong7MelisendreIsb917JadedJanefriendlysimmersjcp011c2SelinaKylesDoloresGreylunaoddityRedShoe7KendranamikamakimonGordyhaisinRouensimsSimmingalEllupelluelluCangwen 26 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's time for a new game, and I'm excited to find out about the next game but I'm worried about talk of it being a subscription game or a multiplayer game... If that is the case I'd rather stick with 4 :#
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Oops. I meant to select Other.

I'm happy with my current game and also excited to hear about a new game.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Being hyped about the next big thing have always been something that I have loved about gaming.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm looking forward to a possible announcement, I want to be excited its been 8 years since Sims 4 released i hope it doesn't end up like elder scrolls and not get a new gen till its 10th anniversary lol thats just 2 years away. :) I really hope this summit isin't being just hyped up for more kits that we can expect to get in the near future.... :s
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I guess I should have picked other because I'm excited to hear about a new game but I'm also worried it will disappoint me and The Sims ends for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Insert other response
    The Sims 5 will not be on my radar until we see what it will actually be. My hope is that it will be a better, deeper game than the Sims 4. I’d like to think that the developers will see what a step down 4 was and go back and make a worthy successor to the previous games. But while I hope this, I have no reason to believe that will happen. So I’m choosing not to think about it until I know one way or the other.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Insert other response
    I don't want The Sims 4 to end yet/
    in its current state/ near future

ofcourse I can always continue playing TS4 even if there is TS5 to come

but given how broken game has become in last year or so its just worrisome really

like if you must make new iteration do not leave the last one in shambles - again.
    *looks at you ts3*

I've been through ts 1,2,3,
    ps2 versions and spinoffs ,medieval...

but I always feel weird about the change of actual iteration like whyyyyyy now nooooo

mainly because last packs are just always so good

like Makin' Magic is pure joy i could have like 100 packs like that and not be tired
    Apartment Life heck yeah it was so good i miss it so freaking much why did we even change to ts3

Into the... okay thats where the logic fails
    it tried so hard and got so far in the end it just died because ts3 was already collapsing when they added that
    (just don't do that to ts4 i beg)

the last packs are where they usually go crazy doing new themes and all I want is to stay in that stage a while more have just little bit more of that potential discovered before they stop adding to the game

we have had same eps so many times over I am sick of starting all over just to get something actually new in like 10 years or so

waiting bloody 7 years to have small things like couple dancing animation in the game i do not want to be there again either i finally have most of my first wishlist in the game
    (ladders, couple dancing, dragons)

heck we didn't even have spinoff game yet for ts4 id have that rather than ts5 they always have new fun ideas for those

this all and also I still fear ts5 is gonna be multiplayer mictotransaction limited offer torture i will not want part in

i have no reason to assume ts5 would be any better than ts4 is currently and I expect the worst until proven otherwise

guess the only worse news would be that they destroy ts4 with that instead because people don't want ts5

just let me have one freaking game that does not get destroyed and doesn't feel like it was abandoned prematurely thats all i ask

aight i rant enough and am on phone so the spacing is probably horrible but thats about the gist of it

no hope for ts5 unless ts4 is in fine shape at least then i can be more optimistic about the new iterations fate as well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm interested, but I don't plan on dropping the Sims 4 as soon as the Sims 5 is released.

I also have a fair amount of curiosity about what kind of game the Sims 5 will be. I wonder if it'll feature an open world akin to the Sims 3? Could be a good way of having it do its own thing without killing off the Sims 4.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    As long as I can still play Sims 4, they can make whatever new version they want. Whether that new version holds any appeal to me will depend entirely on what it turns out to be.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Insert other response
    I am curious, thats all.

Im happy to play TS2 and 4 , but naturally am curious about what kind of multiplayer subscription game there will be :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm not planning to buy Sims 5 as I'm still enjoying Sims 4. I also don't feel that Sims 4 is complete.

However, if there is going to be a new game, I am curious about it. It would have to be an extra special base game before I would be willing to switch.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited September 2022
    I don't want the Sims 4 to end yet!
    I'm not ready for Sims 5. They may learn from their diversity issues but I don't expect for Sims 5 to be bug free. They don't animate a lot of things in Sims 4, it's just nice set dressing, so why would I expect Sims 5 to be different. Our sims can't run track or kick a field goal in Copperdale for football practice. I would like more world's for the Sims 4 based on African, Middle Eastern, Australian and South American cultures. I just feel like more could be done with this game.

I've also been thinking what if we could be getting a major base game overhaul. I know they were saying something about the coding for non-binary Sims, when they released the sexual orientation update. They might have to give everyone a new Sims 4 base game free. I could be wrong.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    It's about time 🤷‍♀️
    Hey @EA_Cade , are we now allowing threads in the Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor forum that talk about Sims 5 as long as there is a caveat that the Sims 5 is speculation and has not been officially announced?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Insert other response
    Jade47 wrote: »
    Complete indifference to be honest.

Same. TS4 is the end of the simming road for me.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm excited to hear any news of TS5. I want it to finally be officially announced, so we have a definitive timeline of when to expect something new.

Doesn't mean I'm going to jump ship and immediately open my wallet though. It all depends on what type of "sims" game it is.

If it's just gonna be a glorified TS4.5 with updated graphics and online play and more mini-transactions, I'll pass. All the limitations of TS4 (even after 8 years) is what prevents me from loving it (and sometimes even liking it when I can't customize things the way I want).

And, I can honestly say for me, TS4 has never held my attention and made me want to jump into the game and play every single day like the older versions did.

Part of it was the art style they went with, it was just so Fisher Price/Disney looking to me in the beginning.

But it's improved over the years, so I've gotten more used to it and have actually transitioned over to using only MM CC with the exception of body hair and eyelashes, those are a must (but to this day, I STILL hate the smeary painted looking grass texture).

The other part that I hated from the beginning (and still do, and often cringe at sometimes) is the overly exaggerated facial expressions. I don't know a single person in RL that constantly wears a joker grin and looks up to the sky every 30 seconds, I don't know a single person who raises their eyebrows up to their hairline constantly (TS2 was also bad about this I thought).

So yeah I'm excited to hear what it "could" be, but I'm also100% sure that I will never, ever move to or buy TS5 if there's not some type of world customization and if we are forced to have loading screens again to visit a lot right next to my played sim's house. Not happening for me. If I want those limitations again, I can stick with TS4 and keep my wallet closed.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Insert other response
    its good to know but as i mention in a previous post i will need more info so curently on stand by about the sims5 until i see more info on the game and if confirm it will not be multiplayer and offline
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hey EA_Cade , are we now allowing threads in the Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor forum that talk about Sims 5 as long as there is a caveat that the Sims 5 is speculation and has not been officially announced?

I assume so, I posted this in the franchise section and it was moved to here so I guess this section is for anything speculation related
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Insert other response
    I'm not ready to move onto Sims 5. The Sims 4 is still very much incomplete and needs a lot more content before I'm satisfied with it. It'd feel like a waste of time and money. Sure, I had fun playing. But I was expecting to have a better product by the end. So if we get Sims 5, I hope it's after Sims 4 gets all the things it needs for me to feel satisfied with it.

That, and I won't be buying Sims 5 right away. I'll get Sims 5 a few years after it releases, when I've gotten my must-have packs and have seen how the game has progressed. For all we know, the game could be a disaster. While it could be better than Sims 4, it could just as easily be worse. I'd rather stick with the devil I know.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Truth be told, I'm not concerned about TS5. I enjoy TS3 and TS4 (and TS2 if I could get my hands on it again). I'm holding off on Sims 5 for a good long while based on how Sims 4 was handled. I'm not going to get excited about a half-baked rushed game that's missing a huge amount of key base game features again. TS4 may be more fleshed out now, but I have a long memory. Burn me once, shame on you-burn me twice, shame on me.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I like evolution so I'm excited. I'll receive an eventual new game as I did with The Sims 4: with an open mind. We'll see what happens next, but really want a change, TS4 is just a disappointment for me at this point.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2022
    I’m interested & worried what EA are adding in the sims 5. I just hope EA will gives the sim teams move time to develop the sims 5 base game & not rushing them to releasing it unfinished like what happen with the sims 4.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Insert other response
    Ambivalent. I'll definitely follow the announcement and read about it, but I've got both a "must have list" and "wish list". Until I know more about what will be in the game, I am not ready to say I'm actually interested.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm interested and looking forward to a potential new game, but I remain very cautious about it, since we have seen how TS4 turned out.

• Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I really hope the team takes notes of all our complaints and makes TS5 accordingly. I'll always have high hopes for a rich company, but I know I should really have low expectations...
    I know I love and rely on them, but sometimes I think having such easy access to modding the game has been its downfall. The company has become lazy and relies way too much on the community to fix their game. This is why I can't give EA my whole trust. They've become money hungry and lazy.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/