Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is it?

Hello,

I don't often do mods - just once in the past.
I use a mac, I've downloaded the files (mainly package files) put them in the mods folder and made sure that they aren't in subfolders and they just don't show in game - everything is enabled as my previous mods still work. Please can someone help?

Comments

• Creen_Bean23Creen_Bean23 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi: I may not be much help but did you click allow mods within the Options Panel of the game?
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    natasha93 wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't often do mods - just once in the past.
    I use a mac, I've downloaded the files (mainly package files) put them in the mods folder and made sure that they aren't in subfolders and they just don't show in game - everything is enabled as my previous mods still work. Please can someone help?

I recently had this problem as well. I'm a long time Mod (addict) tho, and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I have developed 5 steps (mainly for myself) but I have been sharing them more lately, because of all the issues with Mods.

1. Make sure the Game Version is compatible with the Mod. (The Game being a newer version, can limit, delete, or break Mods)

2. Make sure the Mod is compatible with the Game Version. (Mods are made for specific versions of the game, an old outdated Mod, can not work, just because.. ALSO. Make sure your Mods aren't conflicting with each other! Script Mods edit game code. If 2 Mods are attempting to edit the same Game Code, you could end up with all sorts of problems.

3. Make sure "Mods and CC" are enabled in Game Settings. (It won't matter how many Mods or CC you have in your Mods folder, none of it will show up, if this isn't checked)

4. Make sure your Game Version in the Game Settings Notepad is correct. You can find your game version, at the bottom of the game screen once your game loads up, OR on Origin, on the "play" screen OR in Origin under the Game Settings. (This was my recent problem, the game version did not update in my Text Settings Notepad (found in The Sims 4 folder in Documents) and the game wasn't showing any of my Mods, even though they were all in the game, updated, and enabled)

5. Follow the Mod Folder Law: (Script Mods are only allowed ONE subfolder, SOME are allowed NONE. Make sure you know what you're downloading, and the "law" it needs to appear in game. .Package Mods, are allowed up to FOUR sub-folders. (Again, this is precept to change, at the discretion of the CC creator, but generally, 4 sub folders is the limit.) - IF you have installed a piece of CC or a Mod, that is NOT showing in game, even with the correct versions, text, updates, and checkmarks... move that mod or CC into the Mods folder directly, and see if that works. IF NOT... just know that CC and Mods are created (usually for free) by other Simmers, and problems can and do happen.

Happy Simming !!! <3<3
  • MonoMono Posts: 29 Member
    If you can share your custom content, I can more easily find where you went wrong.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Try to send prinscreen of your mods folder. This is always what I advice.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg