Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game To Become Free To Play

2...Next

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Guess we'll have to wait until Oct 18th to watch the "Behind the Sims Summit" at 10am pacific to learn more.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2022

e4ZJkom.png

Starting October 18th

There’s also a new poster that heavily hints at Bonuses. Presumably for those who already paid for The Sims 4 Base Game.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/14/breaking-news-the-sims-4-base-game-is-going-free/

I was shocked when I saw this. Free?! 😱

What about those of us who bought the base game full price? 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️😡

I hope it’s just a for a short while.

Free doesn’t always equal value. I love the excitement of saving up for something. I feel the game is losing that feeling of speciality.

I myself would not buy DLC for a free base game. I’ve got the bargain. The main ‘part’.
    There’s free mods and CC for new stuff. No incentive to buy things.

Offering a free kit (which I don’t like) is only around 10% of the price I paid for the base game.

They need to be clearer over the bonuses mentioned.

I understand the game has been out years but I do think there’s better ways of enticing new players.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,218 Member
    edited September 2022
    What about those of us who bought the base game full price? 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️😡

Free Desert Luxe Kit (Expires on October 17th).
    Of course everybody have the free content from SDX / Game update (more than 600 items).

But what about the ones who got Anthem for $5 when 2 years earlier it was $60 ?

The games are always cheaper later, there is no reward for the long term players.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

The games are always cheaper later, there is no reward for the long term players.

The reward for long term players is “early access”. We got to enjoy the game for nearly a decade before the non-buyers got to play it. 😅

I have zero problem with it. Just because I purchased basegame 6 or 7 years ago doesn’t mean I can’t be happy for others to get it for free now until forever.
    My brain is not wired in a way that these things could possibly bother me. I’ve been lucky enough in the past and (hopefully) I’ll be lucky enough in the future to get stuff for free that other folks had to pay for at some point in their lives. In the end these things all balance out.

Soon enough no one can pay their bills anymore, so at least some folks get to play basegame for free and use the Motherlode cheat to make themselves feel virtually better. Bills, Shmills.

Now, obviously it would be really sad to have paid for something full price one day and the very next day the friggin thing is available for free. No, that wouldn’t make me a happy person either, but in that case I probably deserved not getting it for free as it was most likely karma biting me in the 🍑.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top