Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Society

Can anyone help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?

My sim is leaving high quality baked goods (excellent) or rare items at the statue and is getting the Surreal Focus moodlet. He goes home and goes to sleep and the secret society shows up outside the house on the sidewalk. They stand around for about an hour but will not interact at all with my sim. I've let him sleep to see if they will wake him up and had him wake up and try to interact with them but he is unable to.

Is there a step that I am missing or is this a known issue with the game? The game is completely vanilla and was regenerated and repaired before starting this save. I cannot think of anything else to do but will try anything.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice to offer!

Comments

• Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    ok, I spoke too soon - it took about 5 nights straight of offering excellent quality goods and then watching them stand outside - tonight they finally came in my house, woke me up, and invited me to the society. If anyone else has this issue, just keep doing it and it will eventually work.

Oh, we lived off campus by the way.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Glad you fixed it and good to know because I’ll try this myself soon and would have been confused too :p
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    Cool! Nice going... the last time i did that i made an offering on the last day of class, cause i forgot so i tried anyways... yadi yada, not only she got in, oh also she had moved to a new lot, so the Society members came in at night 3 or 4am, (also 4-5 days had passed like most of the time) and even after she graduated she still is a member ! And all i ever gave as offerings were rare gems. Im not much of a foodie :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @Llandros2012 Did you have any door locks?
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    @Llandros2012 Did you have any door locks?

no, no door locks - i don't know why they wouldn't come in the first several nights but it eventually worked