Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Desert Luxe Kit: Releasing Today Sept 14 For Free!

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited September 2022
    Well I wasn't going to get this kit
    given I am not super into modern houses and decor

but being free can't complain
    I'll probably end up using it a lot

got half Oasis empty after all
    also think it may work in tartosa selvadorada n all that jazz

the modern angled window is kinda cool although i kind of wish there was versions of same window but rotated so its like upside down or side ways on the wall just being nitpicky i guess :lol:

I like how some of the swatches on this stuff kind of work with Snowy Escape despite the desert intention so might also find use there

wished bit more swatches for the curtains and seats but i always do like put 100 swatches and you'll still find me saying exactly that i just like having lots of swatches :sweat_smile:
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Thank you to all for your suggestions.
    I managed to download it, albeit in another way.
    I went to check the store on origin, found the kit, clicked on it , it said it was free and I could download it. No need to add my payment information. :) .
    I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem as I had been having.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    @Nh6650 Glad you got it sorted! :)
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I'm guessing it was available to redeem for free a few hours before the actual release of the kit, so nothing could be downloaded quite that soon.
    I was gonna buy this kit, but sure, I'll take it for free :)
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    I had to do the same. But why do they ask me to download with EA ap I do not have EA ap
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    I have EA app and i cant download it... :D
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm pretty happy with this (especially for free), I have some similar cc sets already so it meshes pretty well with those. Made a little summer house with the items

09-14-22-8-40-46-PM.png
    09-14-22-8-41-35-PM.png

I have to say though I hope a modder will fix the door so it actually shuts, my sims can't just be leaving their doors open all the time!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Offering a free kit on release day is a nice gesture for sure!

Iā€™m taking a break from getting more content -however- as a builder Iā€™m not entirely stupid either, so I downloaded the kit and
    boy Iā€™m glad I did because it gives me Tatooine cave home vibes and perfectly complements the Journey to Batuu Build/ Buy assets. Yee-Haw! šŸŒ”
    kozardii wrote: Ā»
    So users that have EA Desktop can't claim the kit yet?

No! I can't.

i was able to get the normal way.

with the EA app ? well i can't :/

no i downloaed it from orgin. i have the app but i hate it so i download from orgin just luke always.

okay, well i dont have origin anymore so i cant download it for free thats all im saying !
    And dont get me wrong, i really am happy of this gift from EA ! I will download it as soon as the download tag is available for free, its free until oct17 so ... :wink: im not worried !
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited September 2022
    Nh6650 wrote: Ā»
    It's been available for me since much earlier today (US East Coast). I saw the red dot and ignored it because I knew I wasn't going to buy it. It wasn't till I saw that it was free, here, that I went to get it. It's free, I'll take it.

BTW, all I had to do was click the "claim" button in Origin.

I don't have the option to claim. Only the option to buy for 0.00, then the payment info page opens up. :'(

can't you use ea wallet?
    no need to put in any info?

thats what i used to "buy" it even tho it obviously cost none

then again i did have couple cents in my ea wallet as weird leftovers from those uneven prices they keep doing which may be why it worked

edit: oh nvm you found a way
    but I'll leave this here for future confused that might find it useful
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

then again i did have couple cents in my ea wallet as weird leftovers from those uneven prices they keep doing which may be why it worked

same here, i had 43 cents xd used that to "buy" 0ā‚¬
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    edited September 2022
    I think you should still be able to get it in-game? Or on Origin.com website? Once in your library you should be able to download it trough the app, shouldn't you?

Oh, and BTW, seems like the bug that shown unowned content in Origin as owned is fixed. At least for me, since I don't see the Kits I don't own as purchased.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Meh. Maybe ill download. I dont pay attention to kits anyway and this one was no different. If they're offering it for free with no catch, sure why not?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    I've been looking forward to this one. I'll probably grab it this weekend when I update my game. I still want to give it another day or two to be sure no new gremlins snuck in that nobody has found yet.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Pleasantly surprised as this wasn't a kit I was planning on ever getting. So far all I did with it was touch up the patio/backyard of one of my households living in Oasis Springs.

That open-door build item really brings the space together.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.ļ½”."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".ļ½”.:*
    ā˜…ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ā˜…ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ā˜…ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ćƒ»ā˜…
    āœ§ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."āœ§ :-
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Wow! Iā€™m surprised! I buy all the packs, and most of them at full price. So it will be nice getting this for free. I will go in tonight and update my game and see if I can get it free through origin!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    This kit actually looks amazing and very versatile. I was really surprised by the objects, especially the incredible curtains. Thank you EA for the kit.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! šŸ˜Šā˜•ļøšŸŒž
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thank you for the free kit! <3 I especially love the soft peach colour, the curtains, the doors and windows and the new floor and wall covering ... I have one lot spare in Oasis Springs, so will build a lovely Lounge Venue for my simmies to hang out. :)
    iBfEFUL.png
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    Why do I have to enter my credit card information for a free pack!? I click "Buy Now - $0.00" and then the "Payment Information" box immediately pops up and requires me to enter my credit card information. Why!?
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I really appreciate it! I was looking forward to the kit anyway so getting it as a bonus was just so cool!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Much appreciated. Thanks devs for the new Kit. ;)