Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims Direct

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Are they doing away with the forums as our source of information?????????

Nope. This is just an easier way to mass communicate issues on the Twitter platform for us.
    telemwill wrote: »
    Add me to those who would prefer a post here as I am not a Twitter user. Why would you not post updates in your own official forum?

Posts will continue to be made here and on Answers HQ for major issues, if an issue like the "Groundhog Day" bug happens again then the SimsDirect account may even link you to the AHQ post for updates as well.

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Wants and fears are pretty buggy. Fear of the dark is especially bad during the daylight.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I'd really like to see more frequent updates about what fixes the team is working on, even if they don't have anything conclusive to say yet about exactly when something will be fixed. I think that kind of thing would be appreciated by many-- it doesn't have to wait until there's a complete announcement of a fix for the community to appreciate knowing about it.
    gen3-banner.png
    Of course all the replies on twitter are a random salad of requests for bug fixes :( it's totally impossible to track bugs that way so I don't anticipate much engagement between the team and the replies/conversation.
    gen3-banner.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited September 2022
    I just hope they will post it in here as well because I don't have Twitter nor any other similar social media.

I'm only on Twitter to follow the Modders, whose mods I enjoy. So, I hear you. I expect this site to keep us informed. They should have a specific tab for it, like they do other topics. Twitter is NOT a great place.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,663 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'd really like to see more frequent updates about what fixes the team is working on, even if they don't have anything conclusive to say yet about exactly when something will be fixed. I think that kind of thing would be appreciated by many-- it doesn't have to wait until there's a complete announcement of a fix for the community to appreciate knowing about it.

Well said. With things the way they were we had no idea if a bug was even on their to do list, let alone being actively worked on.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2022
    I would also really appreciate if we got word about major game changes like the recent changing of lifespans before they're put in the game :sweat_smile:

like that pretty much impacts everyones game and not a word was mentioned before it was already in game and causing the aging bug destroying save files

it just leads to mistrust like how can i know when the next bomb drops and sweeps my whole save when theres not even announcement that something was changed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I wonder why the account was made all the way back in May but we're just now getting the first tweet?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022
    Of course all the replies on twitter are a random salad of requests for bug fixes :( it's totally impossible to track bugs that way so I don't anticipate much engagement between the team and the replies/conversation.

We will see what kind of engagement there will be, they have the possibility to reply to the posts that have the most likes or issues that they would like to direct people to.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I would also really appreciate if we got word about major game changes like the recent changing of lifespans before they're put in the game :sweat_smile:

like that pretty much impacts everyones game and not a word was mentioned before it was already in game and causing the aging bug destroying save files

it just leads to mistrust like how can i know when the next bomb drops and sweeps my whole save when theres not even announcement that something was changed

YES! This is an excellent point and that change led to a lot of confusion when it was released. This feedback was the first thing I brought up when this account was initially being discussed :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    edited September 2022
    I mean something else they could do as well is actually comment on Answers HQ. The fact that there is no way to see the progress of the bug, other than whether it is in Solved or Needs Saves status, probably discourages many people from utilizing Answers HQ to report and track bugs-- it looks like no one cares for months, until suddenly they announce a fix.

(or goes on the laundry list, but there are only laundry lists every few months too)
    gen3-banner.png
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Are they doing away with the forums as our source of information?????????

Frankly, the forum hasn't been the major source of TS4 news for years. This forum is almost *always* days (and sometimes longer) behind what you can find out on Twitter.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    The wants and fears button is still broken after the update.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

You have got to be kidding me.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

You have got to be kidding me.

Just tested it. They still reappear after coming out of CAS for me.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    This is awesome.

Except for those of us who do not use Twitter or any sort of social media since it tends to be a toxic cesspool, please don't do away with the forum and other methods of communicating. (I use Patreon and get my updates from there....so maybe that is social media? Social media lite? LOL).

Are you guys saying that the wants/fears still won't stay turned off? GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    I just hope this'll be an actual improvement on communication, rather than just the current level of communication moved to a new account. Some things we need from this:
    • Regular updates on the biggest issues (even at the earliest stages). Literally just "we are aware of this issue and are looking into it" is all that's needed, it doesn't need to be almost fixed and there doesn't need to be an ETA for a fix for something like this to be said.
    • Acknowledgement of a lot of issues (not just the biggest ones), just because an issue isn't the biggest issue in the game doesn't mean players don't need an update on it. Some things affect some players a lot more than others, so just because there isn't hundreds of people screaming about an issue doesn't mean people don't care about it or don't want to know what's going on
    • Sharing bug reports if more information is needed or so people can "me too" them
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited September 2022
    I am still confused by the word account? This is a new twitter account? So just something else to add to clutter in following news for a game.

Just as a matter of curiosity and assuming I have really bad FOMO, how many twitter accounts would I have to follow to get all Sims 4 news?

Not that I use twitter anyway - the main reason being I can't view tweets at all unless I myself create a twitter account and am logged in so essentially EA is sharing my interest in a game with a third party company.

I suppose if everything keeps up like this, we may as well throw in the towel and do away with all official websites and web software that offer ordered structured information that is persistent over time with a single infinitely scrollable page. Bit like transferring all the books in the Library of Congress to an infinite toilet roll.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    I follow on Twitter and use social media, so I'm glad they are designating a place to get info. But, I never engage the Sims Team there because it's pretty much a Wild West free for all in the responses. I know forums are considered out of date and secondary to social media these days, but I really wish the devs would at least post here some. Even a once-a-month Q&A would be nice. They might get more actual feedback with less noise, if they did.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    @simgirl1010 You're on top of these things. My friend just showed me a twitter post saying that Sims 4 will be free across all platforms on October 18th. That there is more information coming soon at a special Behind the Sims stream.

I'm scared. LOL

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth...."
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    @simgirl1010 You're on top of these things. My friend just showed me a twitter post saying that Sims 4 will be free across all platforms on October 18th. That there is more information coming soon at a special Behind the Sims stream.

I'm scared. LOL

I'm excited. 😄
    I just wish we didn't have to wait an entire month. There'll be endless speculation.

I'm scared. LOL

I'm excited. 😄
    I just wish we didn't have to wait an entire month. There'll be endless speculation.

You're one of those, aren't you? The glass is always half full? Makes me want to dump the glass on you. KIDDING! LOL I was mostly joking anyways about being scared. More like nervous. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop...."here...have all this free stuff as we skip out the door and turn the lights off". I'd cry, as much as I'm mad about this patch, I'd cry.