Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Yeah, I didn't even try to beat you this time.

If anyone has questions about this new account and its purpose, I'll do my best to answer what I can :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I waited a bit before posting to give you a chance. 😄
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I waited a bit before posting to give you a chance. 😄

i love the interaction between you two.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022
    Sounds good, I hope that this will also lead to better support for the game. It's nice regardless to have a specific account that focuses on it. I hope that a lot of players will end up following it.

It would be great if you could tweet out and link some of the more common bugs on Answer HQ so they could get more "me too's".
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    logion wrote: »
    Sounds good, I hope that this will also lead to better support for the game. It's nice regardless to have a specific account that focuses on it. I hope that a lot of players will end up following it.

It would be great if you could tweet out and link some of the more common bugs on Answer HQ so they could get more "me too's".

That's the plan :)
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Do you know if the wants and fears button will be fixed to turn them off properly in this update?
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Do you know if the wants and fears button will be fixed to turn them off properly in this update?

Please, please, please fix the Wants and Fears button. Please.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Cool! I can't wait to see where this will go...
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you! I am really looking forward to fixing my game so I can play! I miss my Sims 4.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Awesome!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Maybe I am just being dim, but is this sign up to something different? Not the normal EA account? Follow something different on twitter? If it's an update on the game why not just post it in the usual places?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Maybe I am just being dim, but is this sign up to something different? Not the normal EA account? Follow something different on twitter? If it's an update on the game why not just post it in the usual places?

Don't think you're being dim at all, I'm wondering the same thing.

Although I did notice that the wording didn't specifically state it was for TS4, but The Sims, so maybe they are rolling out something different that will be used for any future iterations too.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Are they doing away with the forums as our source of information?????????
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @catmando830 I don't think so. This seems to be for keeping us informed on bug fixes, updates, etc. Maybe a first response to the petition going around for more transparency?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah I think it’s literally them trying to be more transparent on what they are working on bug wise in an account set up for that specifically.
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    is older games ok for update ?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited September 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »

If this update does what it promises and actually fix severe bugs, then there is hope for the game. Let's hope the wants and fears get fixed soon too, especially the option to actually turn fears off. Then most of the damage done by the forced update may be undone. I just wish EA or origin would at least acknowledge what happened with the forced update and hopefully confirm it was a one time glitch and not an intentional strategy.

I refused to update to the scenario patch just to prove to origin that I still can play without them forcing me to update. I am still angry about the forced update in August. if origin had respected me as my choice as a customer to not update then I would still be on the werewolves patch. But with this patch at least there is hope that the damage of the forced update will be fixed. Though the gender preferences are here to stay so I will have to accept the limitations it brings to the game and accept that from now on sims can reject others for not being their kind of people.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited September 2022

Don't think you're being dim at all, I'm wondering the same thing.

Although I did notice that the wording didn't specifically state it was for TS4, but The Sims, so maybe they are rolling out something different that will be used for any future iterations too.

None of you are dim, because I too am wondering about this. I never use Twitter, hardly any other social media either. I do hope these updates will be posted here on the forum also. It is, after all, the official sims forum. I'm sure there are more people like me who doesn't care much for social media.

Transparency is good, though. Bug fixes too. And even better are bug fixes that lets me get rid of bug fixing mods. Less is more.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    This has the potential to be a terrific feature. I sincerely hope this is a sign that the growing number of major bugs are going to get fixed sooner rather than later, or not at all. On the surface it looks better than AHQ which I avoided because it felt cumbersome and not at all user friendly. But this is just a surface thing, is it backed up by a dedicated team that is going to focus on putting a dent in the mountain of bugs? If not it's just an easier way for us to shout into the void.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

If this update does what it promises and actually fix severe bugs, then there is hope for the game. Let's hope the wants and fears get fixed soon too, especially the option to actually turn fears off. Then most of the damage done by the forced update may be undone. I just wish EA or origin would at least acknowledge what happened with the forced update and hopefully confirm it was a one time glitch and not an intentional strategy.

I refused to update to the scenario patch just to prove to origin that I still can play without them forcing me to update. I am still angry about the forced update in August. if origin had respected me as my choice as a customer to not update then I would still be on the werewolves patch. But with this patch at least there is hope that the damage of the forced update will be fixed. Though the gender preferences are here to stay so I will have to accept the limitations it brings to the game and accept that from now on sims can reject others for not being their kind of people.

Wants and fears are a good idea but i initially played with the original Whims off but now i have several family members moping around because they have a fear of a deadend job when most of them are at level 10 of their current career. My sim self's alien granddaughter yesterday drew up the fear of death even though she's a teen! Seeing all my sims tense or worrying about fears of work or death is not what i want to see.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I just hope they will post it in here as well because I don't have Twitter nor any other similar social media.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Wants and fears are a good idea but i initially played with the original Whims off but now i have several family members moping around because they have a fear of a deadend job when most of them are at level 10 of their current career. My sim self's alien granddaughter yesterday drew up the fear of death even though she's a teen! Seeing all my sims tense or worrying about fears of work or death is not what i want to see.

Maybe they should add a Happy go Lucky buyable trait that makes sims immune to fears so that they don't have any fears, just wants. I like fears but wish some were easier to manage. Level 10 job could feel like a deadend job after a while and children and teens certainly can fear death if they understand the concept.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Add me to those who would prefer a post here as I am not a Twitter user. Why would you not post updates in your own official forum?