Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some of your essentional gameplay mods?

WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
Hello there! Im new to modding, and Im looking for some mods to enchance my gameplay. But what are some mods that are essentional for your gameplay? Maybe it can help me find something as well, Im looking for mods that adds more drama and randomness to my gameplay. I prefer to play after what happens in the game rather than making those things happen by myself.

Cheers yall!

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    MC Command Center
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    MCCC; Road to Fame: cool-down between song licensing; SNB; SNB-Bills; and a few random custom content stuff. I'm also exploring a mod that allows for more students, that your active Sim can choose. We'll see if my other family in the game will attend high school. I don't mind if I can't control them at that time, but I wanted my up and coming Rock star to meet his forever mate in high school.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The biggest ones are MCCC and UI Cheats Extension. I'm not sure I would make MCCC my first mod though as it definitely had a learning curve for me. It has many options to allow you to control your game as to story progression, autonomy, and CAS.

As for enhancing gameplay, my favorites include Adeepindigo's Education Overhaul which allows virtual education at home, field trips, summer vacations, and private rabbit hole schools. The same modder also has Healthcare Redux which allows Sims to develop illnesses that can be fatal if untreated as well as other milder conditions. The serious stuff is rare enough that it may take you some time in gameplay to encounter it.

Meaningful Storiesby RoBurky makes the emotional system in game make more sense. Chemistry System by the pancake1and MizoreYukii is an "attraction system" not for romance but for any relationship which makes it easier or more difficult to gain relationships based on traits and personality. I started using it as a simpler system than Wonderful Whims which has some unwanted things for me. Lumpinou's First Impressions is a fun little mod that gives a sentiment based on a Sims first impression when they meet the first time.

Also check out mods by Bienchen and LittleMsSam. They have tons of mods that add gameplay often in very simple ways. If you are looking for Build and Buy objects that enhance gameplay, check out Ravasheen and Pandasama. If you want new aspirations, events, or careers, check out Ilkavelle and KiaraSims.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    My mod list has got longer after every recent patch and I consider them all essential.

BossMod- No Toilet Pranks. (To fix the fact your sim will prank their own toilet if you own Discover University)
    lazurusinashes- No Constant Phone Autonomy. (HSY patch compelled me to use this)
    LittleMsSam- Automatic Thermostat, Movies Be Quiet, No Auto Food Grab After Cooking, Stop Change Phone Colour Obsession
    Maars- No More Blocky TV's & Projectors.
    Zero- All Plan Outfits Cost Money, Jealousy Tweak, No Shy First Kiss, Pay To Travel From Phone, Laundry Day Dry Faster, Automonous Socials, Selective Autochat, Paranormal React To Seances, No Meteor Death
    TheKalino- Farm Animals, Hay Shed, Goose, Goat, Horses (These add more variety to Cottage Living)
    Scrumbumbo- Unlisted Phone Numbers
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Right now, I'm playing with only one mod: Zerbu's mod to allow Sims to live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • aryia74aryia74 Posts: 9 New Member
    So many of them! MCC, Healthcare redux, dental and eyecare from same modder, UI cheats, meaningful stories, Insimnia's food mods to add different foods to the game.
  • Jeremy_GoneWildJeremy_GoneWild Posts: 4 New Member
    The past few weeks I've been playing vanilla (except for MCCC, I use the heck out of MCCC) because the HSY patch broke a bunch of things. But that said...

I mostly play with occult sims, so my favorite mods are occult related. I really like mods that create more occult gameplay, Here's some of the most essential when I'm playing a modded save:

Zero - Vampires can kill, Werewolves can kill, Untamed Magic is Untamed, Vampire Magic, Black Magic
    SpinningPlumbobs - Whitlighters, Fairies vs Witches, Expanded Mermaids
    There's also an occult-hybrids mod. I forget who makes it, but it allows you to shift-click on a sim and change their occult type or use various occult cheats. From the same menu, if you have a hybrid, you can access the UI of either occult type. It's very nice. The vanilla game gave me some vamp/spellcaster hybrids natively without mods (Grace Anasi was their mother for the record) and this mod has been essential for managing them because otherwise the only way to get to their vamp skill tree was by disabling the spellcaster trait with cheats.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    This has changed a LOT for me since the High School Years pre-patch threw a wrecking ball into the entire social / whims / moods system.

While a lot of that has sorted itself out, during the 'what is going on in my game' phase I started to discover a lot of mood, whim, and gameplay mods.

I'm still sorting all that out because they often conflict with each other. But I'd say that now something in that area if vital to my game.

I'm leaning towards 'Better Sims' but it's a but messy right now - like it works with a better preferences mod and that lets you like / dislike towns, occults, and more - with lists that are often missing things...

bienchen's mod that prevents body hair; norandomhatsaccessoriesandmakeup, is vital for me now. Because yeah... ;)
    Dwarven women may have beards and body hair, but this ain't Sims Fantasy...

TOOL is vital to me if for no other reason than it let me add two fishing spots in Tartosa in places where I was baffled by their lack...

PlantSim Lives by srslySims because why is this not a regular occult? We need a gamepack that revamps them into a permanent occult with features.

The usual stuff from littlemssims

MCCC

A certain NSFW mod or two... But these have gotten weird and full of drama of late.
    - One of these I need is nothing more than a body reshaper to make the shape of a sim look better. It's ancient, abandoned, and every patch I load the game up with a slight bit of dread.

ShowSimInfo - so glad someone took this one over. For me this is more vital than even MCCC. Just being able to 'know what's going on' in my save... Have the townies all become Aliens... again... did my PlantSims all get reverted to humans because a patch broke their permancy mod... again... is there some hidden trait on that sim over there, or is the game just glitching... etc...
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited September 2022
    This one; https://modthesims.info/d/670172/sims-get-no-fears.html

and the norandomhatsaccessoriesandmakeup mod by @83bienchen https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/

...are now essential to me and btw thanks to our thriving community of coders, id be lost without you all.

The only maintenance i do is i use mod manager to pick out the mods that dont work in my game, but im not savvy enough w apps etc and i learned you had to update mods after having downloaded like a whole bunch so i never update them. I take care of conflict when i notice one lol. First time i really had to resolve issues is with the body modifyers, 'sliders' i sorted out and now use just a few that dont conflict but again thanks to the community, whatever your level of knowledge you can find help !

Careers, i got like 2 dozens but i could do without...

Traits idem they are not essential to my gameplay !

And the 800 or so articles of CAS stuff is just my own personal taste and style, thats how i got into mods, and after like a month or two i read they needed updating, and i should have downloaded them 10-20 at a time, not 100-200 ! lol id be hard to give it up id have to startover alot of sims but i could do without!

Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    > @Rouensims said:
    > Right now, I'm playing with only one mod: Zerbu's mod to allow Sims to live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada.

Oh man, that sounds like something I need to get. Does it let you set the lots to residential, or do you still need to use the Haunted House trick?
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    Simsonian Library's Archaeology Kit 2
    Amazing mod if you are into lore and history type game. I stongly recommend, very polished and fun gameplay.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/archaeology-kit-71045532

Zer0's Vampires Can Kill Mod
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/vampires-can-30005501

Zer0's ROM - Vampire Magic
    You can find werewolf "mooncasters" mod here too.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-vampire-35019137
    Post edited by CordeliaBeaufort on
  • Ashcat1216Ashcat1216 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi
    I am new to the forums and do not know if this is the right thread, however, I am looking to see if there is a mod that builds friendships when the sim autonomously talks to someone. Not someone I have told them to talk to.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited November 2022
    MCCC and roughly 3 dozen from Zer0
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • GG1954GG1954 Posts: 14 New Member
    I love ALL that Ruby Red does! So classy and amazing IMHO!
  • GG1954GG1954 Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh also Felixandre, littledica, & Harrie
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    *takes notes*
  • jandenbjandenb Posts: 11 New Member
    MCCC is a must, especially with the autonomous mean glitch
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i currently have two mods - carl's dine out reloaded and ellcrze's minimalist cas background. i've always used minimal cc but never mods. i'm very picky about what i add to my game and like to keep the mods folder fairly light. i started watching james turner's dine out multiplayer streams last month and i just had to have carl's mod. i'll likely add one or two gameplay mods soon but nothing major. thanks to this thread i'm off to check out littlemssam.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    MCCC and the UCheatsExtension mods are essential, I wait to play any new pack until those are updated. I also have four other script mods, but I keep my script mods at a minimum of six. Then I have 73 tuning mods to correct bugs, stop some of the maddening autonomous stuff, or adds more functionality to certain game play features. The bulk of my mods are the creations of my two favorite creators, 83bienchen and littlemssam. I learned early on during my foray into using mods, that it is always better to use mods from three or four mod creators than ten or twelve. Makes the updating process much easier and faster. Plus, mod conflicts seldom happen. But I see there are good things being said about Carl's Dine Out Reloaded and I am going to have a look at it today. Any mod that makes dining out a better experience for my Sims is something I might want.
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    Meaningful Stories of course
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Right now, I'm playing with only one mod: Zerbu's mod to allow Sims to live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada.

I wish we can keep the GP icon before the world name in the world selector and Batuu in the destination world page as before.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2023
    Tziva wrote: »
    > @Rouensims said:
    > Right now, I'm playing with only one mod: Zerbu's mod to allow Sims to live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada.

Oh man, that sounds like something I need to get. Does it let you set the lots to residential, or do you still need to use the Haunted House trick?

I’m so sorry I never saw your question! It’s been updated to work better than ever. I simply set the lots to residential. 👍🌈😊

P.S. I’m back to playing with hundreds of mods now. 😆

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited April 2023
    Fear-be-gone mod. Which bring me to ask; what's up with the constant 'fear of the dark' moodlet which apparently bypasses the mod since the update its quite annoying, and it never goes away ! Anyone got a mod to block that ?

edit; nvm i found that the fear of the dark moodlet is a separate specific mod i needed to get 🙄
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The most essential are ones I've had for so long that I don't even think about until an update disables mods and I try playing vanilla. One that games to mind is one that steps kids from making messes. There are a lot of essential-but-forgotten ones like that in my folder. MCC is a great one, which I use almost constantly, and I'm a big fan of SimDA for making it easier to find sims to date.