Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    It is sad. :( He probably should be with his boys, they could help keep him grounded. He did spend some time with them after awhile, but some time has passed now and he's just given up caring anymore, which is even more sad. Hopefully someone can pull him out of his uncaring attitude.

Yep, especially since he's a Spellcaster. Mermaids are just another kind of being as himself. Ah well. DJ is a gentleman, I'm sure that's why he turned his head and didn't look. :) Thank you! I'm probably going more in-depth with this than I need to, but oh well. This is the first time I've ever had one of the Sims in a couple die, so it's a bit tough trying to figure out what that would be like. Thinking about it a little more, it's actually the first time any of my Sims has died in years! I think the last one was Josh when I played the Apocalypse Challenge in 2018. However, he died of old age.

Perhaps eventually he'll let himself feel the anger he should again, like the anger he did at first, but then he just, gave up. If Lance shows up at some point to make good on his threat to control him, maybe that'll be just what he needs to kick his butt in gear. We shall see...
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    September 8th: Making amends

FHHF3Uc.png
    There was a little something I'd been avoiding telling Kaori about in all my discussions of my time under Darius, but I needed to get it off my chest now before our baby arrived. We sat down together and I searched for the words as she patiently waited.

"Kaori," I began hesitantly, "I did a terrible thing during my time with Darius, and it's haunted me ever since. Like I've told you before, I pretended to drink deeply from my victims and secretly compelled them to sleep to satisfy my father's requirements, but there was one instance where that didn't work out for me."

0Zai6e5.png

I looked up at Kaori and she nodded encouragingly, so I continued.

"He took me to one of my former neighbors in Evergreen Harbor, and had me drink from them. I did my trick, but the lady ended up dying in my arms anyhow. Some other vampire's suspected Darius had poisoned a fruit I'd eaten before going out that night, but I was never able to confirm that as being the cause."

6nbGziC.png

I glanced up at Kaori to see her reaction, but she seemed deep in thought.

"How long ago did this happen?" she asked.

"A month or so," I said, thinking about it, "but why does that matter?"

"If this ladies spirit hasn't crossed over yet, I might be able to summon and restore her body, if she's willing."

e9WGkb5.png

I perked up.

Of course! Kaori knew how to reverse death now, maybe there was still hope!

"Do you happen to know where her urn or tombstone is?" Kaori asked, and I nodded.

"I'll teleport over and grab it!" I said jumping up, before jerking to a stop. "Wait!" I groaned, "There was more than one death that night! My father also killed her son, Knox. Is there any way you might bring him back too?"

"Of course," Kaori agreed. "Grab his urn as well."

A few minutes later we were standing out in the rain staring down at two tombstones.

9deYQ6U.png

"I'll start with your victim," Kaori said. "What's her name?"

"Mary," I said, "Mary Greenburg."

She nodded and waved her wand, muttering her spell under her breath. With a flash of light, the ghostly figure of Mary stood before us.

d5sETaP.png

"What on earth!?" she gasped. "What's going on here!? Where am I?"

Kaori stepped forward and introduced herself.

"Hello Mary," she said kindly. "My name is Kaori and I've summoned you here on behalf of my husband Adam. He would like to say something to you."

SLpJOtm.png

I awkwardly stepped forward and she immediately recognized me.

"You!" she cried, "You're the neighbor who disappeared and came back with glowing eyes! Why did you have to kill me!? Because of you, my sweet Blossom died alone with a broken heart!"

rQcCDs3.png

I shuddered and tried to hold back my tears as I bent my head in shame.

"I'm so sorry," I said, looking up into her ghostly eyes. "There are no words I can say to make it up to you, and I can't imagine the pain I've caused for you and your family. There's no excuse for my actions; you did nothing to deserve any of this and I'm deeply grieved to learn about Blossom's death. She was a wonderful lady."

UsMHIOC.png

Mary nodded and seemed to relax a little. "You seem sincerely sorry for what you did," she sighed, "and at least Blossom and I have been reunited in death. I only wish you could do something for my son Knox. He's done nothing but mope around scaring people senseless since the incident. He had so many plans on how he was going to make the world a better place, and he's taken his death rather hard."

CAh3PVU.png

"We might be able to help you with that," Kaori said impishly, flicking her wrist and casting another spell.

Suddenly we were joined by the ghostly form of Knox, and he looked angry!

BJb6dxi.png

"What do you want?" he growled. "Were our deaths not enough for you!? What more can you take from me!? Why did you bring me here?"

"I'd like to make amends and apologize for that night," I said. "I did not plan on or wish for anyone to die. I'm sorry for what my father did to you, and I've already apologized to Mary for what I did to her. If it makes you feel any better, the vampire that killed you is now dead. He was an evil creature and was manipulating me for his own ends. I am deeply sorry that your family got caught in the middle of all this."

tMhkJUR.png

"We're still dead," Knox scowled, "and no matter how sorry you may feel for what happened, we're still be the ones suffering for your choices."

cha5Rqi.png

I bowed my head.

He was right.

Kaori stepped forward. "I may be able to help you," she said, waving a greeting. "I'm a spellcaster and happen to know a spell that may be able to restore your corporeal form, if you wish it."

FHHF3Uc.png

Knox suddenly turned pink and gave my wife a look that would've normally bothered me if I hadn't been feeling so guilty.

"Nobody told me I'd been summoned to heaven," he flirted, but Kaori just looked back at me and rolled her eyes. I guess she wasn't impressed.

RYM328w.png

"Mr Greenburg," she said ignoring him, "do you wish for me to restore your body? I can give you a second chance at the life you were robbed of, but only if that's something you want."

nCYIk8z.png

Knox nodded excitedly and Koari instructed him to hold still. With a wave of her wand she cast her dedeathify spell and Knox was once again his opaque self.

qlS4VFa.png
    tb0xlRB.png

"Yes!" Kaori shouted. "It worked again! I'm getting good at this!"

YFCQYaD.png

Knox looked down at his body in amazement. "How did you do that!" he cried. "I'm human again!"

He ran up to Kaori with a big grin on his face. "You've got to teach me that trick! Please! I could do so much good with that knowledge!"

hHgQq5y.png

"It's magic," Kaori shrugged. "If you'd like to become a spellcaster to use your powers for good, I'd be more than happy to initiate you into the mystic arts."

aBKVHce.png

Knox looked like a kid on Christmas day he was so excited. It made me feel a little less guilty anyway. Maybe things would work out after all.

Mary floated over to us looking a little blue, so I asked her what was wrong.

J6LUjGn.png

"Oh," she moaned, "it's just this dreary weather. That and I miss Blossom. I think I'll be returning to the spirit realm now."

She gave Knox a big hug and told him to behave himself before coming over and giving Kaori a grateful hug. "Thank you for giving Knox a second chance," she said, patting her on the back.

ROUmQos.png

With a sudden leap she jumped back into her tombstone and disappeared for good.

oyfH40Y.png

Knox seemed sad to see her go, so Kaori asked him if he'd like to become a spellcaster, which instantly cheered him up.

y6RvvMW.png

Kaori gave him the Rite of Ascension and granted him his own magical powers.

8khT7aI.png

When she'd finished, she gifted him one of her extra brooms and a crystal that would lead him to the Magic Realm and told him if he wished to learn magic, he'd find people willing to teach him there.

Mxnw29G.png

Excitedly he jumped on his new broom and blasted into the sky.

3DQO2To.png
    N4spfXt.png

"Thank you," I told Kaori, wrapping her in a warm embrace. "Thanks to you I can now find some closure on that dark period of my life. You're an amazing woman, and I love you so much."

74qqOCG.png

Kaori was feeling exhausted from casting so many spells, so we went inside and she laid down for a nice long nap to refresh herself. I sat at the foot of the bed and enjoyed the sound of the rain on the roof, feeling a deep sense of relief over the morning's happenings.

RNtdm76.png

When she woke up, we cuddled and talked about baby names a little, but of course we still ended up in bed before too long.

jO2msGn.png
    4VXyUDs.png
    CCRrgCR.png

At this rate we're going to have a full house of children before we're elders.

When we'd finished, Kaori mentioned our baby was now starting to kick, and asked if I'd like to feel it.

3gS3Npg.png

I carefully placed my hands on her round belly and could feel the little one moving about. I looked up and grinned.

faQFkqx.png

"How long until they're here?" I asked.

"At least another day," she said, "two tops."

I leaned in a gave her a kiss. "Is there anything you'd like to do while it's just the two of us?"

XbiolRk.png

Well," she giggled, "we already did one of the things, but I'd also like to play a game of chess if you're willing. It's been forever since I've played and I feel my logic skill needs some sharpening."

We went downstairs and played a game. I ended up winning even after she playfully tried cheating.

rrzKUt3.png

Perhaps I'd mentor her later; unlike her, I'd played a lot of chess in recent days and had gotten pretty good.

After she headed up to bed, Carol popped in and we played another round of chess together.

5GhWxTi.png

"So Dad?" Carol asked slyly. "There was this wild looking dude who came running into Magic HQ today saying an Adam had sent him. That wasn't you by any chance, was it?"

1PU6vUZ.png

"Me!" I asked in mock surprise. "Nope. Never. It was your mother."

3O9T7Oh.png

Of course I then had to tell the whole story to Carol, and she expressed relief that everything had worked out before wishing me a goodnight and heading home.

3qyR0Ln.png

It had been an emotional day to be sure, but I did feel a burden I'd been carrying since that time had finally been lifted.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited September 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul09.jpg
    July 9: Kava Party!

Special Appearances By: Robin Keyes ( @permanentrose )
    dj-07-077.jpg
    dj-07-078.jpg
    dj-07-079.jpg
    dj-07-080.jpg
    dj-07-081.jpg
    dj-07-082.jpg
    dj-07-083.jpg
    dj-07-084.jpg
    dj-07-085.jpg
    dj-07-086.jpg
    dj-07-087.jpg
    dj-07-089.jpg
    dj-07-088.jpg

Side Note:
    I enjoy when screenshots alone can tell its own story, like this one.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    September 7th Comments:

@Karababy52
    It makes sense to have the bassinet travel with my Sims. Easier for them to autonomously take care of the baby rather than having to travel all the way back into the house. I like the spellcaster bassinet the most, too. I wish we had strollers to take babies places. Hopefully that's on EA/Maxis' wish list from others to work on. :lol:

I don't remember in regards to Paige. Just use whatever you want and put the happy couple wherever you want for town.
    Wow. Cale is changed Sim. Not just Occult, but in general. The family and friends of Cale aren't going to like this side of him if they find out. You definitely show that Cale doesn't care anymore. Feel sad for him.

@RememberJoy
    "I think I'm pregnant." Think? :joy: All that woohooing... c'mon Kaori! I wonder if this will be a vampire kid. Can't wait to find out. The selfie with Adam and Carol making faces I think is my favorite.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    September - Day 8: "Life doesn't get easier, you just get stronger..."

rzMi8EN.png

Notes
    1kV3e14.png
    "I appreciate the effort Damon, but how am I supposed to learn anything if I can't see you?

h9HT25V.png
    "What are you talking about?"
    "You're invisible Dude."
    "I am? Oh, well...just listen and watch the smoke and stuff."
    "Why are you invisible though?"
    "It's uh, a new power I just learned. Yeah, that's why. I wanted to show off."

5S2lOrm.png
    "Show off? Are you kidding me? Come on Dude!"

goU5LMl.png
    "I mean, cool trick, but get serious, I need to SEE you. Make yourself appear again."
    "I tried! I think I might be stuck like this for awhile."
    "Great, alright, whatever."
    "Do you want to try later, when I might become visible again?"
    "No, I'll deal with it. Keep going."

kFahrRP.png
    "Dangit! I missed!"
    "AHAHAHA! Oh man, you're just not having a good day, are you?"
    "Nope! Hey, that's the first time I've heard you laugh in months."

to2kG1M.png
    "I haven't had much to laugh about until now. This is so absurd, it's hilarious!"
    "Glad to be of service. Seriously though, it's good to see you smile again."
    "I smile. Usually when I'm with a lady though. Never get laid if I don't smile and tease them." Cale said with a wink and another laugh.
    "Okay, well I have to go. We'll try this again tomorrow."
    "Sounds good, until tomorrow then. See ya."
    "See ya."

d7G5JIO.png
    Cale's energy was a bit low so he did some dark meditation as Damon left, at least he assumed he left, he didn't really know since the guy was currently invisible.

PSvNgnM.png
    Back home, Cale had picked up a few of his things from storage. Not much, just a few planter boxes and seeds. He missed gardening and thought it made more sense to grow some plasma fruit trees instead of continuing to buy the fruit online. He also planted a couple Wolfbane and some garlic, just for kicks. It made him smile thinking about a vampire growing garlic, the irony was delicious so why not?

h6uDJQd.png
    Later that night he went 'hunting' again and ran into an old flame, Marley Connors. Seeing her made him wonder how he never put two and two together. She was obviously on her way to visit Greg and his family. He learned her Mother, Melody, was Greg and Veera's daughter making them Marley's grandparents. The daughter he and Marley had together he had no idea about, was Greg and Veera's great-granddaughter. Boggles the mind eh?

Marley asked what Cale was doing in Forgotten Hollow so he shared his story. She was stunned to learn he himself was a vampire now too. In the past, they'd always joked how if he were a vampire, he'd always beat her when they wrestled, rather than she always pinning him down despite his strength as a body builder. At the time, Cale was not bothered at all being pinned down by the lovely lady vamp since they were usually naked.

"Hey, do you have time for a spar? Maybe I'm strong enough now to make it fair."
    "Sure, why not? Don't count on winning though, I bet I'm still stronger than you."
    "Is that so? We'll see about that. If I win, perhaps I'll let you pin me down again later. For old time's sake." Cale said with a flirty wink letting Marley know exactly what he had in mind.

8TZuM8S.png
    "You won't win!"

VPKc3kx.png
    "You're going down gorgeous! RAWR! HISSSSSS!"

1dbdM2D.png
    The two old friends flew at each other with Cale tackling Marley around the waist. She tried to hold on, digging and clawing her long nails into his leather jacket for purchase.
    "Ohhh, nice strategy, trying to distract me Babe?"

4aYsyUY.png
    "You used to dig your nails into my back in the past too and scream with pleasure."
    "Is it working?"
    "No, yes, NO! Okay, maybe a little!"

6FOJPEB.png
    Marley laughed in devious delight as Cale pulled her down to the ground with him. Gawd she missed this man so much. All the feelings she'd had for him the past came flooding back as they fought. He was magnificent and even hotter to her now as a vampire.

bFt3NuO.png
    "Give up! You won't win! I am stronger and bigger than you!"
    "NEVER!" Marley yelled, but it was no use.

0Ka0CzZ.png
    As she fell, Cale rose to meet her, grabbing her by the throat to lift into the air in triumph. He had won!

aexbi51.png
    "I've got you now, you're mine!"
    "Okay, you proved your point. Let me go."

Cale did as Marley asked without thinking. She fell to the ground and landed hard with an 'Oof.'

cXoIowv.png
    Cale was appalled at himself. How could he be so careless?
    "Are you okay down there?"
    "Yeah, nothing hurt but my pride. Vamps heal fast."

iN2ElKI.png
    Cale floated down and offered his hand to help Marley stand.
    "Here, let me help you."
    "Thanks Cale, still a sweet gentleman I see. Glad you haven't changed that much."

SQK0yAb.png
    "Great match, you almost had me, but I guess all the practice I've had lately helped make me stronger."

C1kjJka.png
    "So glad to see you again Marley. We had a lot of fun in the past didn't we?"
    "Yes, we did, until you fell in love with someone else and then disappeared. I thought I'd never see you again."

HGvOvNO.png
    "I'm so sorry about Sandy and how you were turned against your will. It seems you're coping with it all well though. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for you."

9YCMK80.png
    "Thanks, no it hasn't been easy, but all that is old news, I've moved on now. It doesn't matter anymore."
    "Okay, well, give me a call sometime Cale. I should go see my Grandparents now."

noPELx7.png
    "Count on it. I made you a promise I intend to keep, remember?" Cale said, a small smile playing on his lips.

Marley smiled too, her eyes lighting up at the prospect of pinning Cale down in bed and having her way with him. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away. Cale followed her with his eyes until she disappeared inside Greg & Veera's front door and then went home himself.

XNaqaj0.png
    Later that morning, this happened! Yay! Go Cale! You're at the top now! He has quite a few perks including Super Speed and Sun Resistance now. However, there's still a lot of work to be done. For some reason he decided not to return to his 'normal' form and stayed in dark mode after his spar with Marley. I don't mind... ;)

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope everyone had a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited September 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Kava Kava Party Party! hehe Looks like everyone had fun! I feel I should know some of these Sims, but don't. Might just be my imagination. Whoa! That one guy is sure buff. o.O WAIT! Is that DJ's Son? He looks just like him! The one in the red/black trunks in the 3rd screenshot standing next to DJ. Probably just the 'ol imagination again. *shrugs* But wait, okay, what's going on here? All those guys look like DJ and have the same hairstyle! Imagination? Hmmm... Congrats on getting Gold for the party DJ! :)

I enjoy image only stories too! I'll have to try it again myself sometime. Very enjoyable update with (maybe?) an intriguing mystery. :)

Yes, it does make sense, definitely. My Sims with babies do the same thing sometimes. :) Strollers would be fun, I agree. My Sims don't have many babies really (except Cale HAHA!), but it would be nice for when they do. :)

Okay, well, Paige wasn't missing anything that I could see, so I don't know what was used from HSY. Oh well. Anyway, DJ & Paige are living in Windenburg in Cale's old house beyond the countryside pub in the rural area. I'm sure you remember it? They are expecting now too! ;)

Yes, he is. I gave him back his mean and hot-headed traits too, so we'll see how this turns out for Cale. It's going to be an interesting rest of the month. It's sad, he's so devastated about it all, he's turned himself off so he doesn't have to feel or think about the pain. In his words, to him, nothing matters anymore anyway so just do whatever you want. He doesn't care what happens to him or not, he's just kind of existing, in limbo I guess you could say.

It's a lot deeper than that, but hopefully you know what I'm trying to say. I imagine someone, whether a friend, family member or someone he hasn't even met yet will pull him out of this cold, shallow existence he's living for a life right now. Hey, I don't blame him, he lost the love of his life and had his humanity taken away from him among everything else that's happened to the guy over the months. I can't imagine (I'm trying though) what's going on in his head right now. It'll get better though, don't worry. It'll take some time though, and it might get worse before it gets better. Isn't that how it usually goes in real life too though? :)
    September 8th Comments:

@Karababy52
    It is heartbreaking seeing a Sim die. Especially in one's own gameplay. It was hard watching my sim selfie pass away when I was doing a Build Newcrest Challenge. Even my other Sims in game weren't taking it well either. If you have time, just look at this chapter. The point-of-view is from the Gen 2 heiress. http://legacysims.net/?p=4241
    I had to have a tribute for my Sim Selfie after that. http://legacysims.net/?p=4287
    I like that you're going in-depth with Cale with all this. Cale had a hard time losing his wife and partner. And the news about his father and Hades making sure she couldn't move on. Of course he's going to be the way he is. And I think going in-depth will show us how he's going to be bounce back hopefully.

:lol: I think D.J. is more shy than a gentleman when it comes to nekkidness staring with Robin right next to him. He was probably drunk on the keg juice at the University when he went streaking... ha ha ha.
    Hmmph! Marley seemed to hit a good spot in Cale. Maybe memories of old friends will help. Perhaps L. needs to visit him next. I mean, it won't be a romantic reunion, but it will be a reunion. Might be just me, but I can see his friends being the ones to help bring him back to the light. :smile:
    Just your imagination on the hot guys at D.J.'s kava party. :joy: Neither of them are his son. Just hair look-a-like. They don't have the same hairstyles. The guest count could be 15, so I went through D.J.'s relationship panel and grabbed 8 females and 7 males he's encountered. I didn't want any Challenge Sims except for Robin for this. I also invited Emmett, but he was always behind the scenes when trying to grab screenshots. Since you did bring up his son Anton Von Haunt, he is a teenager now. We'll see more of him soon enough.

Can't wait to see the D.J. and Paige together in your Multiverse. And they're expecting? Nice!

@RememberJoy
    That was nice of Kaori to bring Knox back. And now he's a Spellcaster, too. I thought it was fitting that Mary didn't want to be ressurected but rather be with Blossom in the spirit world. More woohoo for Adam now. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited September 2022
    Good morning all! Loving your stories. Just a brief comment and I will comment on more this weekend! Have a great day/night! :)

@LegacySims2017 -
    Congrats on the birth of Hero! Ahhh....yes...!

@RememberJoy -
    Oh gosh! Adam died! Thank goodness that Kaori was able to bring him back...and now it is really like a 2nd honeymoon as they get their relationship and romance up again.

@Karababy52 -
    Will comment on your chapters tomorrow, but I just want to throw out that I do believe that Sandy is actually alive...well re-born I guess, in Day 7...Lilah is Sandy...yep...too many references to her, plus she has dark sunglasses on and a hat to hide who she really is. I do believe that this is Sandy and Cale is going to seek her out because he already felt like he knew her. I do so hope I am right! hehehe
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul10.jpg
    July 10: Coconut Tree!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. More skills building. Got the eat a coconut out of the way for the Sulani Aspiration as well.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    September 9th: Welcome to this world, Pax Strong

0GSfw7d.png

Today's Accomplishments:
    Good Vampire
    - Don't drink deeply for 5 days
    - Make 3 plasma packs from fish
    We both got up early today, so Kaori took me up on my offer to mentor her in chess, and we played until the sun rose.

RxmTuKS.png

I then headed out to do some fishing and make myself some more plasma packs.

iHOVmeB.png

A little while later Kaori came out and joined me, saying she was tired of being stuck indoors.

SyNB5Z4.png

Eventually Kaori had to bow out to use the bathroom and rest, so I wrapped up my fishing and walked her inside. I was feeling fairly thirsty, so I pulled out one of the plasma packs I'd just made, but this time I found it hardly sated me at all.

ydsDMwT.png

The dark magic was growing desperate.

The unpleasant thought of me losing control and drinking uncontrollably from Kaori entered my mind, and I knew that I'd need to drink a little bit of sim plasma to keep myself in check. But I hated to have to ask, and decided to try and hold out until at least our baby arrived.

To get my mind off my thirst, I pulled out some wood and went to work on a couple of planters.

vw4Jr4I.png

I had some seeds I'd saved from my last plasma fruit, and I wanted to plant them in hopes plasma fruit might sate my thirst better than fish.

e4n1WXf.png

It was worth a try at least.

23UgpBB.png

I set up the boxes outside and planted a seed in each.

duEh1oW.png

Now to wait.

I took this opportunity to search for some shells to help decorate the babies room, and found one or two good ones before a seagull pooped on my head.

AVZseuc.png

Maybe I should try seagull for a change.

28QGvED.png

Just than I heard Kaori yell out my name, and I was upstairs and by her side before she'd finished.

"It's time!" she yelled, panting and holding her belly.

mGlBHP9.png

"What do I do!?" I cried, panicking a little. "Do I need to boil water or something!"

EZCY44p.png

But before she could respond, the baby appeared in her arms in a shower of sparkles.

UxrXQbv.png

And they said giving birth was difficult.

"It's a boy!" Kaori beamed, "What should we call him?"

"Well," I said thinking out loud, "I've always liked the name Pax."

"Pax it is," Kaori said, cuddling him to her chest. "It means peace, right?"

2JYHTWx.png

"Yeah," I said smiling at our son, "And I've finally been able to find some peace here, so it holds a deeper meaning for me now."

I took a turn holding little Pax, and cooed and made faces at him like a dork.

J1fY0gz.png

It was amazing.

3xrzI4e.png

Kaori went to take a shower and I called Carol and told her baby brother had arrived.

Vd5gYKT.png

She was there in less than five minutes.

"A brother!" she cried, "pulling me into a hug. "Have you decided on a name!"

9GsYQns.png

"Yes," I laughed, hugging her back. "His name is Pax."

"Pax," Carol repeated, trying out the name. "I like it."

I brought her into the nursery and she picked up her baby brother and gave him all the cuddles and kisses.

"Aren't you just the sweetest little chunk!" she cooed. "I'm your big sister Carol, and I'm going to teach you all about magic one day. Just you wait!"

FTiuBzp.png

Kaori returned from her shower and Carol hugged her and we went to the living room to chat and let the baby sleep.

"I'm so stoked!" Carol said with a big grin. "I always wanted a little sibling! I'll be over as often as I can and take him on so many adventures when he gets bigger! Do you think I should wait until he's a child to take him camping, or do you think he'd like it as a toddler?"

oxzWocE.png

"Carol, Carol," I laughed, waving me hand to slow her down. "They'll plenty of time to hash out the details. Right now he just needs sleep, milk, diaper changes, and cuddles. If you want to help out with that, I won't stop you."

Dpoi5zn.png

"I know, I know," she giggled, "I'm just excited. Anyways, I should be concentrating on my schoolwork, and..." she trailed off, playing with a piece of her hair.

"Yes?" Kaori asked, a smile playing at her lips. "Have you met someone?"

MVKjhVd.png

"Maybe?" Carol said, blushing a little. "His name's Jonathan. We met in the Realm and he's a little older than me, but we kind of hit it off and he's asked me on a date."

"When are you going to introduce us?" Kaori asked playfully. "I need to read him the riot act before he sweeps you off your feet."

Mp5YKZq.png

"Oh mom!" Carol laughed, "I'm an adult now, I think I can handle this. We're just going to go get coffee. I'll be fine."

"You're mother's right though," I said, breaking in. "Just look at her. She met one good looking guy and ended up pregnant."

fFVdiYx.png

Kaori gave me a good wack.

"Adam!" She said grinning, "You're not helping here."

She turned back to Carol.

"Well if things do get serious," Kaori said suppressing a yawn, "we'd love to meet him."

L3sjQYn.png

She stood to her feet rubbing her back. "I think I'm going to turn in for the night you two," she said giving Carol a quick hug, "It's been a long day and I'm sure Pax will be up needing to be fed soon, so I'm going to catch some sleep while I can."

"You sleep, Sweetie," I said, rising to give her a kiss. "I'll take care of Pax tonight. One of the perks of being a vampire is I don't need to sleep."

Kaori thanked me and headed upstairs.

"So this Jonathan," I said, sitting back down next to Carol, "what's he like?"

iAZGmlO.png

"He's a red head," Carol said, blushing again, "and he wants to be a farmer and raise llamas. He's one of the nicest most laid back guys I know, and kind of reminds me of you, actually."

f4tSxKb.png

"Sounds like a great guy," I winked. "Where's he from?"

sNj5nTm.png

"A little town called Henford on Bagley," Carol replied. "I guess it's a farming town. He's learning magic to make his dream a little more manageable. Farming's a lot of work I guess."

"And you'd be happy settling down on a farm?" I asked, nudging her playfully.

"If it works out between us... yeah," Carol said, looking dreamily off into the distance.

tLU1y0H.png

Oof, she had it bad.

She than excused herself saying she still had some homework that she needed to do, so we hugged goodbye, and she left.

mrmpAWr.png

I then settled myself in the living room, ears tuned to Baby Pax's every murmur.

sQ88ms1.png

I was determined to let Kaori sleep through the night. One coo from Pax and I'd be there, diaper and bottle in hand.
    edited September 2022
    September - Day 9: "No degree of darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul's inner light..." Part One

1a3K667.png

Notes
    FF6WHmz.png
    Cale went out hunting again and ran into a young guy named Shawn Straud. They had a chat where he learned Count Vladislaus Straud IV, the founder of Forgotten Hollow, was his Grandfather. His Mother, Gloria was the daughter of Vlad and Jules Warner Keyes Straud. Cale was his Father, but of course he didn't know that fact. He was just thrilled at the prospect of defeating Vlad's Grandson in a spar when Shawn agreed to a match.

TWV1l6A.png
    Unbeknownst to Cale, L. had stopped by for a visit. When she got no answer at his door, she looked around the area to see if he was somewhere nearby. Hearing the commotion of two vampires having a spar, she transportalated over there to watch. One of the vampires looked very familiar...

7MyDtnN.png
    Her eyes widened when she realized it was Cale. She knew he'd been bitten and turned, but had not seen his dark mode visage until now. He looked so pale, vicious and...mean.

JtTalQh.png
    Apparently he was very strong as well as evidenced by the spar.
    (Hmm, I think you chose the wrong opponent Honey, Cale's whoopin' your butt dear.)

4DXuFPZ.png
    Cale was a little disappointed Shawn wasn't a better match for him. You'd think the Grandson of the supposedly fiercest, most bad butt vampire in the land would be better at this. He used the same move on Shawn as Marley, tossing him overhead.

deBIG5F.png
    However, the young vampire seemed to know this move, surprising Cale when Shawn flipped over and pushed Cale away with his feet. L. looked a little concerned as well.

1dK3eyD.png
    "Clever move kid, but not good enough. I've got you now." Shawn just glared at Cale as his Father lifted him into the air in triumph.

4YZQjwo.png
    L. clapped and cheered for her former protégé and honorary Son.

dySuqy9.png
    "I guess congratulations are in order Cale. I see you've become a very powerful vampire."

VmPN9MK.png
    "L.!" Cale had no idea she had been watching him spar with Shawn. He'd been so focused on the task at hand, his surroundings were just a blur.

pe466G1.png
    The sound of her voice startled him so much, he lost his hold on Shawn and dropped him to the ground.

CMPgonM.png
    Of course Cale floated down to give his opponent a hand up.
    "Sorry about that Shawn."

NxE5a6f.png
    "Great spar, you almost had me a couple times."
    "Yeah? You think so?"
    "Absolutely, keep practicing and you'll be kickin' butt in no time. If you want to spar again sometime, stop by my house. I live right over there." Cale offered pointing toward his home.

m0TExfs.png
    "I can give you some tips on how to use your powers on the ladies too. Lots of willing lovelies hang out around here just ripe for the picking to satisfy more than one kind of thirst. If you get me."
    "Ohhh Yeahhh! I like the sound of that." Shawn said giving his Dad a smirk as they shook hands.

L. was suitably shocked upon overhearing what Cale had said to the young man. Clearly he had given up on his morals and had no qualms about callously using others however he saw fit to satisfy his own needs and desires. It seemed he'd somewhat reverted to the way he was when she first met him as a teen. Except now, he was much more dangerous with his added vampire powers.

TsU3LMd.png
    She intended to have a chat with him about it, but before she could another young man came flying out of the darkness with a raised fist, growling out a challenge for Cale.

VI6hu0v.png
    "Come on old man, you won't defeat ME!"

nGzabQN.png
    "Bring it kid! You're no match for me!"
    "I'm NOT a kid, I am Matt Connors, the Great Grandson of the Mighty Grim Reaper!"
    (Marley has a Son? Wait, maybe he's Mallory's Son? Eh, whatever...)

The two combatants had another spectator in addition to Shawn and L. watching them spar, Clarissa Roarke, @afai1261's Sim. She and Cale have twin Sons together. Although she is already a vampire, the game decided to dress her as a wannabe. Why? I hate that!

Anyway, Cale was right with his last thought. Matt is one of a set of twins he'd had with Mallory Connors, Marley's twin sister. I love how so many of his offspring are showing up in Forgotten Hollow. Too bad he doesn't know they are his own.

jGkrzVR.png
    "You are defeated, kid! NO ONE is better than ME!"
    Matt just rolled his eyes with a resigned look on his face.

H0QjBv2.png
    Cale dropped Matt on purpose this time. He knew from what Marley had said, the kid wouldn't suffer for it. Well, maybe a little since he actually threw him down this time instead of simply dropping him.

Q2hyn21.png
    The facial expressions of these three looking up at Cale are interesting to me. Clarissa seems a bit angry. Shawn, looks a bit in awe and L.? Not sure, perhaps more concerned and a bit sad.

f2meXuz.png
    "Don't let me harsh your confidence kid, you've gutsy. It's admirable, really! Just don't go rushing in when you don't know your opponent's strength."
    (Perhaps there's still hope for you after all Honey.)
    (Who is this man? He looks kind of familiar.)
    (I gotta tell Mom about this guy. She'd love him!)
    "I'll try to remember that old man."

"The name's Cale. I'm older than you, but I'm not old. Call me that again and I'll kick your *beep*, again!"
    "Got it." Matt said and walked away, mumbling something about Uni homework.

MHl37wZ.png
    Cale finally focused his attention on L. and turned to give her a hug.

"Great to see you L., you're looking good. What are you doing here?"
    "I came to see you Honey, of course."

Cale switched back to his normal look to have a chat with L.

CREH3Z5.png
    "There's the guy I know and love. How are you dear? You seem, so...different."
    "Yup, this is me, in the flesh, so to speak. I am different, nothing's the same anymore. Time goes on, things change, people change, it's just the way it is."
    "I know, but it doesn't mean you have to give up completely."

jCcJXGk.png
    "I came to take you home! Let's go pack up your things and leave this horrible place behind us, alright Honey?"
    "ARGGG! You're not listening! What home? My home is here now. Don't you get it?"

I think Shawn is checking out L. and liking what he sees. Give it up kid, she's WAY out of your league and has a partner.

TQ1kUOO.png
    "But what about Glimmerbrook and your home there? Wouldn't you rather live nearer to those who know and love you?"
    "I'm not a Spellcaster anymore L. All my magic is gone. I'm dead inside. There's nothing in Glimmerbrook for me. Forgotten Hollow is where I belong now, among all the other undead."
    "You're wrong Cale, the magic is still inside you, it's just asleep. Can we talk about this, please?"
    "I'm not leaving or living... Ha, 'living' what a joke, I mean or 'residing' anywhere else. Give it your best shot though, I'll listen, I owe you that much. But you'll be wasting your breath...."

Part Two coming up later today (the 10th)...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my September 9th post above! I apologize for the delay. Comments/replies coming up next and later, today's update. I hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    edited September 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Okay, your tribute to your Simself had me in tears, what a lovely thing to do! I know they're just pixel people, but I could never play my own Simself and watch her die like that. You're a lot braver than I am. Clearly, you understand how hard it is to watch our Sims die. Especially those special to us. *Hugs* <3

I don't know how in-depth I'll go with Cale, but I'll try my best to show his journey from the dark depths of despair to living in the light again. :)

Oh sure, I'm guessing he was just juiced, overwise he wouldn't have done it in the first place. hehe

Interesting how you mentioned his friends/family and in particular L. would help bring him back to the light. She showed up at his door the next time I was in game! How ironic is that? Hopefully she can help him, at least give him something to think about and chew over in his mind. But yes, his friends and family, perhaps a few others will all eventually help him climb out of the uncaring hole he's willingly stepped into.

Ah, okay. Well dang, thought I was onto something there. hehe Oh well... :) Good to read his Son will show up soon though, I've been wondering when that would happen. Not sure when DJ, Paige and their child(ren) will appear, but I'll be sure to at least show them together at some point. :)

Man I miss Sulani! It'll be so nice to play in that world again in December with Cale. IF, that ends up being the last world. Who knows, I might switch things up again. hehe

@SoulGal7
    Aww, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Lilah is not Sandy reincarnated. He feels he knows Lilah because they have a child together from the past, that's all. The only reason she was wearing the dark sunglasses is it was hot and they're a part of her hot weather outfit.

Plus, I don't want you to continue getting your hopes up she'll be back. I know you're a hopeful romantic just like I am. But, Sandy is gone, forever. She was wiped from existence by Lucifer. :( I'm sorry...
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul11.jpg
    July 11: A Way Out!

Special Appearance By: Emmett Keyes ( @permanentrose )
    Emmett was going to visit D.J. today about his merfolk transformation. He was told he could be on Sulani for awhile depending on how fast a cure could be found to stop the transformation of becoming a merman.

D.J. missed writing and since he didn't know how long it would be before he went back to Del Sol Valley, he decides to write about his adventures as an actor. Once he finishes both drafts, he emails a copy off to Walrus Books. D.J. thinks they'll be excited to have another couple books written by him now that he's also a celebrity actor.

dj-07-090.jpg
    dj-07-091.jpg
    dj-07-092.jpg

Emmett arrives early evening hours. D.J. invites him in and they sit down to talk.

"Let's go through the events of your arrival." Emmett suggests to D.J.
    "Well, the first evening we didn't do anything. We were so jetlagged and exhausted from being up since before the sun rose getting ready for our wedding to the wedding itself, that we both fell asleep." D.J. begins.
    "And the next day?"
    "Myself and Paige took a tour of the beach we were staying on. Said hello to some locals. But then stayed inside for the rest of the day."
    "So, you didn't go swimming?"
    "No."
    "How about treasure hunting for seashells or anything?"
    "I didn't know that was a thing. But no, no treasure hunting on the island."
    "Okay, how about the days after that?"
    "The day after that is when I realized Paige was pregnant. I guess you can figure out on your own what we were doing indoors by ourselves." Emmett chuckles. "But again, we didn't do anything all that exciting. There was a swing set Paige wanted to try out. The following day is when I decided to see where Robin lived since I knew she lived on the island and she suggested me and my wife honeymoon here. We chatted for awhile. Then she told me to grab some fruit from the kitchen for Paige. On the table, I took the pineapple and some bananas. On the counter, I grabbed one of the fruits there. I didn't recognize it from anything taught in school."
    "Wait! Hold up!" Emmett exclaims. "This fruit on the counter. What did it look like?"
    "It sort of looked like a pear, but I knew it wasn't. Then when I ate it a few days later as I didn't want it to spoil, it didn't taste like a pear. But it was delicious and hit the spot."
    "D.J.! That wasn't an ordinary fruit and that wasn't meant for you. I don't know why Robin would tell you to take one of those for Paige."
    "She didn't really. I just saw it on the counter. There were a handful there. I didn't think taking one would matter. And what do you mean it wasn't an ordinary fruit."
    "Those are kelps. Mermadic to be exact."
    "As in mermaid?"
    "Yes. Those are what me and my wife ate before Robin was born. It's a long story why we chose to become merfolk and not the point right now."
    "But you two undid that, right? Just give me or do what you did?"
    "We only found what was needed for the both of us."
    "I'll go and get what you found then. Where do I need to go?"
    "It's not that easy, D.J. It's at the volcano on the other side of the island. It took us a few days to get there with a guide."
    "What am I going to do?" D.J. asks with a concerned look.
    "I'll talk around and see if we can find another guide to take us. It has to be a local familiar with the island, especially the volcano."
    "Please!"
    "I'll see what I can do, D.J."

dj-07-093.jpg

Paige overheard the conversation between D.J. and Emmett. After Emmett leaves, Paige approaches D.J.

"I'm going to miss watching the green fins and your sexy look as a merman." Paige says to D.J. as she kisses him on the cheek.
    "Not me." D.J. responds. "The ocean keeps calling to me. I've gone out swimming every night since then. I wait until both you and Hero are asleep."
    "You have? And you've never woken me to watch?"
    "Sorry. I just felt better out there alone."
    "You're not alone in this. Plus, I keep telling you that you look hot as a merman. Can I go out watching you swim now? Maybe even allow little Hero to watch?"
    "I guess it wouldn't be so bad."

The three head out to the beach where D.J. declothes and makes his way into the water. He is now used to his bottom half transforming and breathing underwater.

dj-07-094.jpg
    dj-07-095.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    September 10th: Asking permission

Today's Accomplishments:
    - Maxed handiness skill

img
    The night flew by and Pax only cried for me two or three times.

K7vmi2k.png

To keep myself occupied, I got out some more wood and built myself another violin, as my other one had been lost when I died.

bTBG7o7.png

When Kaori woke up a little later, I tried out my handiwork on her while she enjoyed her breakfast.

FPwHPNR.png

After we got Pax to sleep, I finally sat Kaori down to share my fears with her.

KCG1T1E.png

"So you think you might lose control and accidentally kill me?" she asked, after I'd explained everything.

"I can feel the dark magic getting more and more agitated inside me," I nodded. "I'm afraid it will overtake me and cause me to do terrible things against my will."

On1FYoB.png

"So what should we do?" Kaori asked, "do you want me to leave with Pax?"
    "No," I said adamantly shaking my head, "but I do have a massive favor to ask of you. You can say no and I'll find another solution, but I think if I drink from you, just a little, it will satisfy the darkness enough to keep it at bay."

9yZsdPy.png

"So you want to bite me," Kaori teased flirtatiously. "Why didn't you just say so?"

943AeoK.png

"It's not a pleasant experience," I said, trying to hide a smile. "I speak from experience. All I ask is a little plasma from your wrist."

nvrdDup.png

"Wrist?" Kaori asked, eyebrow raised. "Oh no, if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right. I've always been morbidly curious about what it felt to have a vampire drink from me, and here's my chance. You may drink from my neck."

"Are you sure?" I asked, "The neck is more sensitive."

"That's why I want it there," Kaori winked. "Now stop worrying and just do it."

We stood up and I carefully placed her into a trance so she would feel little to no pain.

tGktVN2.png

Pulling her close, I closed me eyes and let my fangs sink into her neck, instantly tasting that sweet nectar of sim plasma on my tongue.

OeCi2Yn.png

But it was an entirely different experience this time. Perhaps it was because she came willingly, but instead of feeding the darkness, her plasma actually felt like it was weakening it instead. As I drank, I felt it's hold on me grow less and less, until only a small shadow of it remained.

I pulled back, afraid I may have overdid it, but Kaori just shook her head and smiled flirtatiously.

lt3N1Ew.png

"That was the most sensual thing you've ever done to me," she said, voice full of desire. "I think we should do it more often."

gDEBFTd.png

"How's your neck feeling?" I asked, but she just rubbed the spot I'd bitten her and shrugged.

"I can't even find the puncture wound," she said. "It must have healed."

Incredible. This was all so new.

I sat Kaori down and explained what had happened, and she was just as amazed as I.

0ifFmPF.png

"Do you feel my plasma cured you?" she asked, puzzled. "You still have fangs and glowing eyes."

"No," I shook my head, "I'm still a vampire, but I feel the most human I have in a long time. It's incredible really... I'd almost forgot what it felt like."

Just then Pax began to cry, so Kaori excused herself.

The combination of Kaori's spellcaster plasma on top of a blessing I'd received from the island spirits had put me into such a focused mood that I felt I could learn almost anything. I grabbed a book about playing the guitar and downloaded the information as fast as I could page through the book.

KmavJ7D.png

Absolutely astounding!

After getting all I could out of that book, I grabbed one on rocket science to really test it out, and before long, I was fairly certain I could now easily build and fly a ship of my own!

Zkm0oxQ.png

Maybe I'll surprise my sister with a visit one of these days!

That evening, Carol came over again to see Pax, and afterwards we sat down and played a game of cards.

tfjuruA.png

Carol told us that her date had gone really well, and that Jonathan had asked her out to dinner that weekend.

TletYo5.png

"Just let us know when he proposes," I teased, and she blushed and hid behind her cards.

JnBoY0h.png
    QP4aKKT.png

Ah, young love.

September 9th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    LOL ... I love how Adam thinks he should try seagull plasma after the moodlet a Sim gets of a seagull pooped on them when digging for seashells. Too funny. I like it. Aww, little Pax is cute. I like the name, too. Oh, Carol met a country folk, huh? lol ... Can't wait to meet Jonathan.

@Karababy52
    Yay, there she is. I was hoping L. would show up. And two spar challengers as well. Shawn definitely looks like Cale. Surprised Cale didn't even notice. But again, he's not caring about the world right now to. Not surprised with that deep down anger, he won the two spars. Glad he decided to listen to L. even though he feels whatever she tells him and wherever he goes isn't going to make any difference. Little does Cale know, his soul is still there trying to get to the forefront. :smile: L. is there to give it a little tug.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul12.jpg
    July 12: Swimming with Dolphins!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Building up to my next written chapter. Spacing out the days for it. In the meantime, I get a chance to work on some of the Beach Life Aspiration some more.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul13.jpg
    July 13: Beachcombing!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Same as the last daily image. Building up to my next written chapter. Spacing out the days for it. In the meantime, I get a chance to work on some of the Beach Life Aspiration some more.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jul14.jpg
    July 14: In Love with a Merman!

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Same as the last couple daily images. Building up to my next written chapter. Spacing out the days for it. In the meantime, I get a chance to work on some of the Beach Life Aspiration and build up some of D.J.'s skills.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited September 2022
    September - Day 10: "No degree of darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul's inner light..." Part Two

m4kvn3n.png

Notes
    ZlWLqs8.png
    "Sandy wouldn't want you to just give up and not care about anything anymore. She's gone but you still have your family, your Sons, and your friends who care about you. You have so much love inside you, so much to share with Joe and CJ. They need you to be a part of their lives, to help them succeed in life, to keep their Mother's memory alive and your memories of her alive. No one can take your memories away, you'll have those forever."

"Are you sure about that? I'm not. I've already had my memories taken away from me once and I still have a big chunk of them gone. I have over 100 kids out there and I don't know who they are. You don't know what it's like to scrutinize the faces of every new person I see around the age they would be and wonder, is this my Son? Is she my daughter? I don't know why I do that, why should I care?"

4w6Mtdd.png
    "They'll live their lives and die without ever knowing me and I'll still be here. Everyone I love right now except you, Simeon, Morgyn and the vampires will be gone. What's the point of caring? All it gives me is pain. I almost wish I could have my memories wiped again."

zMshy3C.png
    "But, hey, they're great memories, let me tell you about my so called 'life.' It's an incredible story really, someone should make a movie, I'm sure it would be a blockbuster."

tgnSAal.png
    "It starts with memories of a life of violence and debauchery with a man I ignorantly worshiped and called 'Dad.' An evil monster who killed my Mother and tried to kill me too. But wait, it gets better."

AyKzTL7.png
    "I got abducted by aliens not once, but twice, resulting in my first Son, Joe, used in an alien plot to populate all the worlds with future alien robots, lied to by a man I thought was my best friend who kept it all a secret from me. The best part? The second time I was abducted, it was the night after Sandy and I were finally together. I was gone 7 years, 7 *BEEP*in'' years and had another Son I knew nothing about."

615x6A9.png
    "She waited for me, was faithful to my memory, clinging to the hope I'd come back one day, being comforted by my best friend, who became like a Father to my Sons. The Father I should have been."

YfblBsX.png
    "I finally get my memories back, get my family back and Lance abducts CJ and turns him into a werewolf!"

mtaRudG.png
    "The Son who worshiped me, who loved me and I thought would never hurt me, bit me and made me a werewolf too. Can you imagine how that felt? No, you can't because it didn't happen to you."

a5N9mem.png
    "It happened to me! Here's the kicker, get out the popcorn, the Grand finale is almost here! We find a cure, both of us become Spellcasters, Sandy and I get married. We're happy, we're living a wonderful life in the city and...dun dun dun..."

yA1PKp0.png
    "She eats Pufferfish Nigiri and dies. No problem, I was a Spellcaster, just go get her urn and use a spell to bring her back. Simple, right? NO!"

6lo6OhJ.png
    "Her urn is taken by the Grim Reaper and given to Hades. She's used and abused, then discarded like she was worthless, nothing but a used tissue."

VxSkhv9.png
    "The man, the monster I thought I'd made sure could never hurt anyone again is resurrected and let loose to terrorize everyone again while Lucifer laughs with delight."

LYDkxKw.png
    "He bites me, taking away my Magic, my humanity and tells me I'm his 'child' now, he's truly my maker, my FATHER and I have to OBEY him, this horrible excuse of wasted air, the very one responsible for making my life a living Hell. Pretty great memories wouldn't you say? The hopes and dreams of everyone for their life."

"It's no wonder I don't care, every time I do, the nightmare comes knocking on my door again to give me more pain, to reach in and pull out my heart. I'm dead L., literally dead, my body just doesn't know it yet. Sandy was my whole world, the love of my life. I thought we'd spend eternity together in the afterlife. But that's not possible anymore is it? I'll never, ever see her again, she's nothing, gone."

d7G0kAw.png
    "I have no one and I don't want anyone...to love. It just isn't worth it. I'm done. Don't worry about me L., I'll be fine, how could I not be? I'm going to live forever! The boys will be fine, we see each other now and then. You can visit any time you want, but I can't, I won't be coming to Glimmerbrook, or the Realm even if I could, I don't want to. I don't want anything to remind me of what I've lost. The house in Glimmerbrook is full of memories of Sandy, too many for me to handle."

"Oh what's the use, it doesn't matter, none of it matters, nothing matters. I'm tired of thinking about it anymore. Just let it go L. I'm staying right here where I belong and doing whatever the hell I want. There's nothing you can say or do to change my mind."

ZaKLFMM.png
    "Oh Cale, your life hasn't been all bad. You need to focus on the good thin-"
    "Hey, here's a good thing, you're immortal, I'm immortal. At least we'll always have each other, right? You've never married Simeon, you're free, just as free as I am. Maybe you and I should be together. What do you think? You had to know I've always found you hot. I had a thing for you back when you taught me magic. You love mischief, I love mischief, we'd make a great team in and out of the...of the... uh...sack."

VQC9Ult.png
    "WHAT!? CALE! I love Simeon, you know why we never married."
    "Yeah because you've got the hots for me!"

lSvLILH.png
    "The hots? *snerk* *snicker* The HOTS?! You're kidding right?"

ayTIWB4.png
    "HAHAHAHA, yeah, I am. I was only trying to make you smile and forget about my miserable life. You're my Mom! At least that's how I think about you, honest! Gawd, I mean, come on! did you really think I was serious?"

uONUiHB.png
    "You're OLD! It just wouldn't work. Simeon would kick my *beep*"

yMhcppf.png
    "And you're too heartless and young, probably don't even know what you're doing in bed either."
    "EheheheHAHA!"

YuIUwui.png
    "I'd probably kill you the first time we... we..I can't say it!"
    "Stop it! Stop it, you're already killing me."

ul2mQyr.png
    "Muwahahaha, it's so absurd, you killing me, you know more than me? HAHAHAHA! You're old, I'd kill YOU! HAHAHAHA. The very idea is just...HAHAHAHAHA!"
    "Okay, well it isn't that funny. I'm not THAT old Honey, trust me. There's something to be said for experience."

QSq39fh.png
    "I'm sorry, I know, I really was just kidding. I might not care about myself or what happens to me and despite knowing one day it'll cause me pain, I do care about you L., next to Sandy and a very few others, you've always been there when I needed you. You saved my life so many times."

"I know Honey. There's a phrase that's very cliché that goes like, "It's better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. I believe it. I'll respect your wishes, but I want you to think about that. Think about what kind of man Sandy would want you to be. Not only for your Sons, but for yourself. By putting up a wall against the pain, you're keeping the joy too out of your life. You deserve joy Cale, and love. Everyone does."

OYa5pKy.png
    "I can't make any promises L. At least right now... Anyway, would you like do some stargazing with me? That's something I can always count on, the stars will never go away, never change."
    "I'd love to dear."

o03MI4M.png
    I don't know if anything L. said to Cale will get through to him and help him to see a glimmer of light in the sea of darkness he's enduring right now. It's all still so raw and painful for him to think about anything at all. But at least L. has given him something to think about when he is ready to grab at a lifeline and pull himself out of there...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my September 10th post above. Comments/replies coming up next! :)
    @LegacySims2017
    Good idea writing a couple books about being an actor. :) So glad Emmett was able to help DJ remember exactly what he did to become a Merman. I'm sure they'll be able to find someone to take them to the volcano and find the cure. Good luck to DJ! So sweet how Paige thinks his Merman form is sexy. Aww, DJ secretly swam without her. I'm glad he changed his mind with her help and allowed her and their Son to watch Daddy frolicking in the water as a Merman. :)

Yep, there she is! Well, he may have noticed more than you think. Shawn does look a lot like him, but I can see Gloria and even Vlad in his face. I'm glad he decided to listen too. Whether he acts on her words remains to be seen, but yes, his soul even now is struggling to be released. Notice how he could've been extremely arrogant about beating his Sons, but instead, he tried to give them advice (not the best advice to Shawn though) and be helpful.

Oooo, an azure dolphin! Did DJ become friends with this very special mammal? Did he give it a new name? Just curious. I've only seen these kind of dolphins once in my game. They're so friendly and beautiful!

Cool, hope DJ found some great treasure beachcombing! :)

What a wonderful image of DJ & Paige sharing a kiss in the waters of the beautiful teal blue sea. They look so happy together. <3
    edited September 2022
    September 11th: Date night

Today's Accomplishments:
    Good Vampire
    - Ask for permission twice
    - Purchase tamed thirst

Soul Mate - Completed
    - Go on 3 gold level dates
    - 50 romantic gestures with spouse

b618Dto.png
    When Kaori came down that morning, she was still feeling fairly flirty from the bite I'd given her the day before... and she was looking for more.

f0jRYmf.png

Sigh.

"Good morning Adam," she flirted, "Can I interest you in some breakfast?"

04GH9Zv.png

"Kaori," I said shaking my head in concern, "It's too soon. I don't want to overdo it with you."

xJcCIgg.png

"You didn't really take all that much," Kaori pouted, "I feel just fine. Please Adam? When you drank from me yesterday it felt amazing, and want to try it again."

OB7d6xo.png

I sighed in defeat. How could I say no to that face. Besides, I'd enjoyed it too.

I pulled her into an embrace and cradling the back of her head with my hand, bit down.

thoaNBJ.png

Instantly I felt much lighter as the world around us melted into nothing. It was just me and her, and we were one.

OHcHtJV.png

When I released her, she groaned in pleasure and swayed back, looking blissful.

"Wow," she giggled, "that was even better than last time! I feel fantastic!"

tdQ3jAD.png

The rest of the morning was lost to flirting, I even bought a guitar so I could serenade her with it.

cmLDimX.png

In the midst of our flirting, Carol walked in unannounced and started to clean up some dirty dishes.

H9R8f2O.png

"You two look like you're having a good time," she laughed. "How about I babysit for the afternoon and you two crazy kids go on a date? That way I can get some alone time with the little chunker."

hxbppaJ.png

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Don't you have school work?"

ePvH1Ne.png

"A little," Carol said, waving her hand dismissively, "but I can do it here as easily as at home. You guys go have a good time."

I gave her a hug and thanked her before we ran upstairs together to get changed.

Our first stop was at the beach.

YdY810E.png

I gave Kaori a rose and we spent the rest of the afternoon talking and flirting.

oj2wfqX.png
    FLwMQAq.png
    XsoVsMg.png

In fact we got so worked up with all the flirting that we ended up woohooing in a nearby bush!

IcLa47A.png
    ALuabX9.png

Hope nobody was watching!

psiJWKi.png

As evening fell, we made our way over to a seafood restaurant built right over the water. Because Kaori's plasma was making me feel more human, I was actually craving food for the first time since I'd become a vampire!

Once we were seated, the waiter took our order before leaving us alone to continue our flirting.

VsH0tE5.png
    1qG7ybG.png
    0g13h1x.png

It took a little while for our food to arrive, but when it did, it was spectacular!

ZGdOF8Z.png

I'd ordered an experimental seafood dish and Kaori, salmon rolls, and boy did it smell amazing!

JoLTcpv.png

I picked up a piece of my meal and placed it in my mouth, savoring the flavor.

yCDR1EK.png

Wow that was good!

ibUlKXw.png

I took a sip of white wine and enjoyed the feeling of drinking something other than plasma for a change.

Kaori watched me eat, an amused expression on her face. "You seem to be enjoying you meal," she grinned.

PZ1gtOl.png

"Not as much as I enjoyed my meal this morning," I flirted back.

s3iO4MM.png

The rest of the evening was once again filled with flirting as we slowly ate and enjoyed each other's company.

XoxMsIP.png

When we'd finished, I asked it she'd like to go anywhere else, but she said she was tired and pointed out we shouldn't keep Carol all night. Good point, but still a little disappointing.

fBLkBPF.png

When we returned home, we thanked Carol again for babysitting and invited her to Join us for a Grand Meal the next day, as it was Harvestfest. She accepted and made her way home.

Kaori kissed me goodnight and climbed upstairs to get ready for bed, leaving me once again on the baby night watch. I settle into a lounger and closed my eyes to savor the day's events.

AfwX2fI.png

It had been an amazing day!

September - Day 11: "I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"

zDVDTQ0.png

Notes
    nChNhtI.png
    Cale had one more task before completing the Master Vampire aspiration, survive for 20 more days as a Vampire. I could've just played him for 20 days and hope I had enough time to do the two other aspirations this month. But, nah. I did the same as last year with Essa. Cale would hibernate for 20 days.

I put his garden in household inventory so he wouldn't need to get up to keep his garden alive and he started on the last Wednesday of Summer in a 14 day season. About halfway finished I caught this sunset (or sunrise?) trying to speed by. Pretty... Cale's coffin is on the upstairs balcony, there was nowhere else to put it. Could've replaced the bed with it, but he uh, needs it to entertain. *cough*

uNe3vV4.png
    He only had to get up on Mondays to pay the bills.

Z5nK8HQ.png
    This is the first Monday of Winter now. Only two more days and he's finished.

0Lmgxct.png
    *RAWR!* *HISSSSSssss* (Why'd you get me up?)
    To pay the bills again. Last time!

uQQxHzE.png
    (Oh, okay, cool!) *beep* *bop* *beep* *boop* (Done!)
    Alright, now get back in there!

ROl57fA.png
    Early on the first Wednesday morning of Winter, the vampire arises! *Muwahahaha*
    Congratulations Cale! \o/

oskQVpv.png
    Cale has the Vampire Family aspiration now. Let's see if he took the downtime to think and dream about where to take his life now. Will he calm down? Or is he still stuck in a non-caring dark place? Either way the next update will have a bit of a time jump.

Hope you don't mind this small update. I just wanted to get this out of the way to have more time for 'other' things this month. Comments/replies coming up next. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    September 10th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Yeah, watching any Sims you devote to can be hard to watch pass away. But Sims life must go on. :grimace: I have a special story arc coming up soon involving D.J.'s first son, Anton. No spoilers though. :wink:

To be honest, it is realistic for the timeframe Cale is being in the dark (pun intended). I like how you show longer time passes by rather than have it just a few days or so go by. I'm pyschic...ha ha. I knew L. had to show up. She's a vital part of Cale's life. :blush:
    I'm glad Cale and L. could have a good laugh at...her expense? :lol: But she took it in stride. Hopefully he does listen to her. At least the face he's making in the last image makes it look like he is pondering what she said at least a little.

@RememberJoy
    I like how Kaori is all hot and bothered about having Adam bite her. She finds it attractive. Ha, ha. At least Adam did it the right way and in the end, it was satisfying enough for him...and she wants more. :lol: I don't think she understands that she doesn't want to lose too much plasma. The big question with Carol is...when is she going to bring Jonathan home to meet her parents? lol

September 11th Comments:

@Karababy52
    I missed having D.J. write his books. Missed seeing the royalties coming from them. He's on his last ones for his acting gigs I had him upload. It's nice to have him bring in revenue without actually working. D.J. would go out and swim autonomously. He would wake up and take care of the baby needs and then go out swimming. It was fun to watch. I'd have to force him to go back inside, though. D.J. did become friends with the dolphin, but did not name it.

I think more than just L. should visit Cale. More family. More friends. More often. Only way he'd get out of that slump he is in.
    I hope the almost 3-week nap for Cale did him some good. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Nice date the two had. But more woohooing?! :joy: I think they want a lot of kids! Ha, ha, ha!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top