Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 issues - Constant Anger & Paper Bag Heads

Seems like, with one of the more recent updates, my Sims are constantly angry, which makes it difficult to get them to do what they need to do. I can right click to make it go away but that's more fiddly than I want. Anyone know of a mod that reduces this? BTW, my Sim is a nice Sim who now seems dissatisfied with her job all of the time, too. Might be a Mod that changed so will look into that but, just in case it isn't, thought I'd check here. :)

Also, what's up with the paper bag heads? My Sim's fiancé had one on constantly, even when they kissed or woohoo'd (ewww!). The only way I got rid of it was to have him move in. His roommate, who visits, still wears one...ALL THE TIME! Seems like there used to be paper bag head days but this is constant. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    edited September 2022
    @columbia93 the bags on the head is from the “we wear bags” NAP being active in their neighborhood. Visit the old roommate and shift+click the mailbox to remove the NAP
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,984 Member
    The job dissatisfaction does seem to be related to the wants and fears system, you’re not the only one with that issue. I’ve not had any of my Sims be angry, though.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited September 2022
    The angry moodlet is probably caused by the fear of unfulfilled dreams and happens when you don't regularly fulfill your Sim's wants (formerly whims).

None of these issues are Mod related, but there are Mods to deal with them, e.g. my napoverhaul (Eco Lifestyle Mods, link to my website is in my signature) and the feartweaks package of my whimoverhaul mod (under Misc Mods).
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    The job dissatisfaction does seem to be related to the wants and fears system, you’re not the only one with that issue. I’ve not had any of my Sims be angry, though.

Yeah, if you hover over the Angry tile, it says it's from the job dissatisfaction or, more often, fear of not fulfilling dreams. Both my Sim and her fiance have this issue and neither of them is a Sim that tends towards anger. I wonder if anyone is looking into a "fix" for that....not counting on EA.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The angry moodlet is probably caused by the fear of unfulfilled dreams ans happens when you don't regularly fulfill your Sim's wants (formerly whims).

None of these issues are Mod related, but there are Mods to deal with them, e.g. my napoverhaul (Eco Lifestyle Mods, link to my website is in my signature) and the feartweaks package of my whimoverhaul mod (under Misc Mods).

Cool. I go look at those now. I used to do the whims somewhat but it seems like the whims lately are just really stupid.

BTW, maybe I'm weird but as I was reading your comment I couldn't figure out what a "feart" was and how it could be weak. No joke....SMH....Simlish really messes with my RL reading comprehension sometimes!
  • Options
    @columbia93 the bags on the head is from the “we wear bags” NAP being active in their neighborhood. Visit the old roommate and shift+click the mailbox to remove the NAP

Is there some way/mod to turn it off permanently? I truly hate it. It was bad enough when it was a daylong event but it's all the time. Especially since I'm playing the Henford neighborhood....who milks a cow with a bag on their head?!?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    My napoverhaul turns off the bags issue permanently and the whimoverhaul_feartweaks helps with all of your fear issues. You can get rid of a fear by fulfilling the want that ist related to it and if you get your Sims the brave reward trait, fears will never return. If you don't, they will return at a much slower rate with my mod. If you decide to check out the rest of my whimoverhaul, that also helps with the blunt wants.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    columbia93 wrote: »
    who milks a cow with a bag on their head?!?
    I'd quite like to see a cow with a bag on it's head! : )

You could try:
    testingcheats true

Shift and click on the mailbox to adjust whatever Neighbourhood Action Plans are in effect. That'll let you repeal or activate specific NAPs. You may need to cheat yourself some influence points.

I have MCCC installed, but this was not in the MCCC radial menus, so I figured it was just in the regular testingcheats thing.

Hope it works for you. Bags on heads is kinda loopy. It would be better if we could draw faces on the bags, at least.
    aNxPjO9.jpg
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The angry moodlet is probably caused by the fear of unfulfilled dreams and happens when you don't regularly fulfill your Sim's wants (formerly whims).

Trust me, whether you fulfill wants regularly or not the tense then sad then angry cycle just keeps going on and on. I have been paying attention to wants and fulfilling them regularly and makes no difference.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Maybe the fear commodity got struck on your Sim? I never saw any of these moodlets in my game so far.
    I'll check that this weekend, maybe it's the same bug reason as for the fear of the dark.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,895 Member
    I haven't had angry sims myself yet, but other sims...yikes. I even had Bella Goth come over just to kick my trashcan. My current sims live in Sulani, and didn't even know Bella. The teenager knows Cass, though...but no other Goths. Bella kicked the trashcan, then left. That was all. Also see very sad/angry classmates of my teen, at least 2 every schoolday.