Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Fast Forward Broken?

For the last few weeks I've gotten the feeling that when I speed up the game, it speeds up some things but not others. Like a Sim is doing a chore that takes awhile and I'm feeling impatient, so I speed it up, but the only thing that speeds up is the clock/calendar. The sim doesn't finish their chore until a day or two later.

Plus if some festival or event is going on, it might still be going on a few hours after it should have been over. It seems like fast forwarding messes up the time rather than speeds it up.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I have the same issue. Speeding up time doesn't seem to speed up the animation. Simscommunity.info stubbornly finish the animation of whatever they are doing so speeding up time without speeding up the animation makes actions take forever in sims time. Events not immediately starting or stopping when they are supposed to also sounds familiar.

This is happening for quite a while for me, despite several game repairs. I spend most of the time in speed 1 because of this issue so I play at a very slow pace because of it.

Is this what people call simulation lag?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This sounds like simulation lag unfortunately. There are numerous bug reports on this over at Answers HQ (you can find them all here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs) if you feel so inclined to add your "me too's" but the team knows and apparently they're working on this, it has been an on-going issue for years now :(
    Origin ID: Peapod79