Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save file time traveling back after the 30 August patch

ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
After the latest update on 30 August 2022, my game can't save properly as the time is keeping on travelling back.
However, it is not exactly, 100% travelling back to the previous save's time:

1. My sim started his final year of college on Thursday (Spring), at that time, his credit was 8/12. I kept saving the game every sim day. After his graduation on next week Wednesday (Summer), completing his term paper and presentation, getting his graduation and college certificate, I saved the game again and exited the game. When I opened the game again, the date was still Wednesday, but his certificate was gone, term paper was not completed, presentation was not done, and his credit was once again 8/12! The season was not Summer anymore but returned to Spring. His skill point was still the same as "last week", so as the fund (also same as "last week"). However, his graduation photo and selfie taken before the graduation were still in his inventory.

2. His brother got married in the same save, and gave birth to a baby with his wife. I can still remember one guest died in their wedding party. After the incident above, I checked his brother's household, then found out his brother had not married his wife (they were still Fiance & fiancee). The baby is still in their household, but he is now showing no relationship with his biological parents! However, the guest who died in their wedding party is not coming back to life.

3. All households married, graduated, birth before 30 August 2022 are not having such problem.

4. After repairing my game through Origin and Sims4studio, I played the loop again, making my sim's brother married, using MCCC to set the baby to be their family member, and completed his term paper / presentation (but not yet graduated), then saved the game=>manage the world, and I found out his brother & sister-in-law are married, the baby is still their son. However, I'm not sure if everything will be erased after my sim got graduated.

Anyone is having this strange bug? I feel a little bit scared as I have played this save for more than 3 years, I don't want to lose it :'( .
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top