Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update Now Available, Tuesday 8/30

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    One thing I've noticed is that the odd fizzing station glitch seems to have gone for me.
    Previously, when I’d add an ingredient to the fizzing machine, I’d immediately have this happen:

tBZXM8F.jpg

Mousing over other ingredients would have a similar effect on them. Now, it’s all fine. I’m not sure if that glitch disappeared after a previous patch, and it was never a game-breaking bug.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @Lucy_Henley That was fixed in the July 26 patch. That patch created so many issues but it did fix the juice fizzing machine. I was very grateful as I have two fizzing sims and this was a very annoying glitch
    What, you don't want to see books among available ingredients for the Juice Fizzing station? Well, okay. Loading ingredients now shows only proper, edible ingredients.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Thanks for the info @mightysprite . I like juice fizzing too.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    logion wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    shorty943p wrote: »
    @Llandros2012 I know how you feel man.
    I am still getting an LE file relating to RoommateNPC's from the Discover University pack.
    Even with all the mods I use to make this game worth playing, that is the ONLY error my game gives.

A Bug that is around 3 bloody years old.

I've said it before and will say it again now. If I was a boss at EA\Maxis, there are a lot of coders I would give a DCM too.

DCM, you ask? Mmmmm, Don't Come Monday, You Are Fired!

Firing your coders is the last thing you'd want to do to fix a game. Also, bugs are normal thing to have in games. What's not normal is how long they've been left unfixed + how unsupported the Q&A of the game appears to be.

It feels more bad than usual. Their old bugs are catching up to them and combine that with these new untested game features and packs that are working so badly you can't tell if it's a bug or by design... it makes it frustrating to play the game right now.

So when they announce kits and focus on scenarios it gives us this impression of neglect, which is something that a company should avoid and prevent by providing proper support.

It is worse than normal, but tbh it's not something ultimately new in terms of behavior we've seem. The truth of the matter is this game/it's engine is too old or too big to be supported properly by its current support team. Devs are expected to push out new content every other month but we're still dealing with bugs that are years old (Im personally still waiting on one that is 3+ years old!!!) so we get new bugs on top of the old bugs. It's a mess.

And of course sometimes fixing the old bugs often makes new bugs. Especially if it's a rushed patch. It's all a mess.

It's a never ending uphill battle and I dont envy the devs at all. Simmers have the right to be upset their game is a barely playable mess but going as far as to say "if it were me I'd fire some of the coders" (paraphrase) isnt fair and imo a bit too far.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    My sim just had a baby, she actually had twins LOL. But yeah the whole surgery machine thing is still broken. The Drs no longer stand in T pose and the sim does not shift off the table anymore, but the machine is none reactive its just there doing nothing. I do hope it gets fixed, I miss my sim's surgery animations ;)

Are you serious? I considered coming back to the game after reading they fixed that and they didn't fix it?

...Back to playing other games...
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Yep, me too.
    I have been a resident at an Opensimulator system for years anyway, and work a couple of days a week as a musician and singer doing live performances from my small home music studio.
    I have also been for many years a senior tester for both Euro Truck sim and American Truck sim, working directly with coders and also building addons in 3D as well as scripting in XML2.
    After this last fiasco of an update, I am on the verge of uninstalling TS4 for good now. It's just become to unreliable and buggy to play.

If you want to meet real people from all over the world in real time and learn new stuff or just hangout and have a bit of fun?
    Give Opensimulator a try, it's free and is actually a lot of fun.

Send me a message if you want the web address to make a free account and get the free viewer app needed to log to the VR world.

I won't put the links in this post as I have already annoyed the mods here plenty lately ROFL. >:)
  • Options
    trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    I haven't updated in quite some time after hearing about all of the bugs that has happened this year. I frankly stopped playing because they keep introducing new gardening bugs. And they never fixed the trash bug after they released Eco Lifestyle. Frankly, I am more excited about the new Cities Skylines pack Promenades and Plazas. It will cost about $15 for the DLC, really expand the game. And CS has had very few bugs when they release a pack. They tend to fix them quickly. So. I think with TS4, that I will wait a few years for when they release TS5 on a new game engine.

As with TS3, once they start releasing a ton of packs it breaks the game. I've decided not to purchase every EP, like I did with TS2 & TS3, and yet the game is broken.

Best of luck to y'all
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    I never played scenarios and never will, so it was a bit weird getting a huge patch mainly to fix broken scenarios. I'll not go online for this patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    trogame wrote: »
    I haven't updated in quite some time after hearing about all of the bugs that has happened this year. I frankly stopped playing because they keep introducing new gardening bugs. And they never fixed the trash bug after they released Eco Lifestyle. Frankly, I am more excited about the new Cities Skylines pack Promenades and Plazas. It will cost about $15 for the DLC, really expand the game. And CS has had very few bugs when they release a pack. They tend to fix them quickly. So. I think with TS4, that I will wait a few years for when they release TS5 on a new game engine.

As with TS3, once they start releasing a ton of packs it breaks the game. I've decided not to purchase every EP, like I did with TS2 & TS3, and yet the game is broken.

Best of luck to y'all
    Woah, I didn't know about that - just found the trailer and it looks good.

Sadly, sims is getting left behind by me now... bugs, bugs and more bugs. Having to tell Origin every single time that no, I don't want to update and yes, I do want to play offline and avoiding the new content in order to avoid the bugs is putting me off playing at all. I never thought I'd see the day...
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    I knew I shouldn't have done it. BUT..
    I updated the game, now it refuses to start. Well, it starts, but the main screen then goes blank white and a UIError.txt file is made.
    No UI mods, and the error points to some "getactivescenariodata" that is apparently not a game function.

Can't back out of any update. My Game is dead in the water.
  • Options
    I updated the game, now it refuses to start. Well, it starts, but the main screen then goes blank white and a UIError.txt file is made.
    No UI mods, and the error points to some "getactivescenariodata" that is apparently not a game function.

Only thing I can suggest is to move out the entire mods folder, delete cachetumb and see if you can start a brand ne save with less problems. I have no idea why, but I heard the game might run better if all "game-created" folders are created a new, meaning removing all your user data? Then if it works you can put back content by content but keeping the new folders. Just remember to backup first;)
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member

Only thing I can suggest is to move out the entire mods folder, delete cachetumb and see if you can start a brand ne save with less problems. I have no idea why, but I heard the game might run better if all "game-created" folders are created a new, meaning removing all your user data? Then if it works you can put back content by content but keeping the new folders. Just remember to backup first;)

Every single time there is a patch or new content, I create an entirely new Sims 4 folder. I just move my current folder to my desktop, do the update (or add content), do a game repair, then launch the game. I then move the items in my saves, mods, screenshots folders back into the new TS4 folder.

Knock on wood and cross my fingers but I've managed to avoid a huge majority of the bugs and issues by doing this. I also religiously monitor my mods and don't use any sort of CC.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2022
    I have been plagued with sims aging up way too soon. I've lost so many families that way.
    Last night I made a new sims and today when I play her I notice this... (Only MCCC, UI-CE and a few minor scriptmods)

fwSwF4B.jpg
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    whtescreenwhtescreen Posts: 1 New Member
    > @shorty943p said:
    > I knew I shouldn't have done it. BUT..
    > I updated the game, now it refuses to start. Well, it starts, but the main screen then goes blank white and a UIError.txt file is made.
    > No UI mods, and the error points to some "getactivescenariodata" that is apparently not a game function.
    >
    > Can't back out of any update. My Game is dead in the water.

legit just made an account for this, im getting the same exact thing, please if you figure out a solution- tag me?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    whtescreen wrote: »
    > @shorty943p said:
    > I knew I shouldn't have done it. BUT..
    > I updated the game, now it refuses to start. Well, it starts, but the main screen then goes blank white and a UIError.txt file is made.
    > No UI mods, and the error points to some "getactivescenariodata" that is apparently not a game function.
    >
    > Can't back out of any update. My Game is dead in the water.

legit just made an account for this, im getting the same exact thing, please if you figure out a solution- tag me?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Home-Screen-blank/m-p/9860794/highlight/true#M168953
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Is it just my game or imagination but ever since the update it seems that my sims are walking painfully slower than usual....or has it always been like this? I don't remember them taking so long before.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    Is it just my game or imagination but ever since the update it seems that my sims are walking painfully slower than usual....or has it always been like this? I don't remember them taking so long before.

same but its since the update previous where they added sims using phones while walking

well that and i also been playing myself having creepy walkstyle so its double slow :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Is it safe to change from 2 weeks per season to the longest time - 4 weeks per season? Or is the aging bug still around?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Update seems to be ok for me. Will take some testing though. (I use mods and CC)
    T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi had to be updated. Many thanks to him for 'being on the ball' :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png