Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Move Lot Even Though It's Empty

Anyone else have this issue and know a fix. I have had this happen in my game forever but just wondering if there is a way around it.
As soon as I put any type of building onto a lot and play the game for a while, when I go and bulldoze the lot back to empty I can't move it. I have some lots I want to move around, they are in the wrong space and I want to put there somewhere new for a different building but I cannot move them anymore once they have been built on, yea I am bulldozing the building. I don't want to delete them since I can't replace them as they are odd sizes I can't get from the world editor.

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    bobv2 wrote: »
    Anyone else have this issue and know a fix. I have had this happen in my game forever but just wondering if there is a way around it.
    As soon as I put any type of building onto a lot and play the game for a while, when I go and bulldoze the lot back to empty I can't move it. I have some lots I want to move around, they are in the wrong space and I want to put there somewhere new for a different building but I cannot move them anymore once they have been built on, yea I am bulldozing the building. I don't want to delete them since I can't replace them as they are odd sizes I can't get from the world editor.

I get that sometimes because the lot isn't really empty, there could be a spawner or something left on it. If you go into the lot, do you see anything at all on it? If not, you could try what I do, placing a wall or an object then going back out into Edit Town and bulldozing the lot. That way you won't lose the lot and for me, it usually empties and I can grab it.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    To see if there are any spawners as @nickibitsward said, you'll need to turn on a couple of cheats.

testingcheatsenabled true

buydebug
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    Ok I've never seen anything on the lots, however I totally forgot about needing the cheats on since I usually turn them off when I don't need them. I'll try what you guys suggested tomorrow.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2022
    I use a mod that lets me add empty lots of any size. If you are interested try searching for 'any lot size sims 3'

I agree that buydebug cheat will let you see spawners on the lot. Check up and down all levels as they xan be anywhere on the lot.
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    @Karritz is that the mod by Velocitygrass? I saw under comments on it people where have issues with it since it didn't seem to be updated for 1.69 and it was corrupting their game or causing it not to load up anymore.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2022
    bobv2 wrote: »
    @Karritz is that the mod by Velocitygrass? I saw under comments on it people where have issues with it since it didn't seem to be updated for 1.69 and it was corrupting their game or causing it not to load up anymore.

I got it from Mod the Sims. I can’t remember who made it. I don’t have the 1.69 update but it didn’t change anything about the game. The only possible issue, if it isn’t a core mod, would be if the mod checked the version number.

EDIT: And I recall the issue with core mods is they do check the version number.
    Post edited by Karritz on