Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Windows 10 app blocked by administrator, autorun.exe

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Has anyone else ran into this?

I was able to play and install the Sims 2 before, but it's been some months and now I see I can no longer play. I uninstalled the game and now trying to install, I cannot play it.

When running the program, it tells me autorun.exe is blocked by an administrator. Ive tried looking at the properties and unblocking, but it doesn't even give me a security option. Ive tried disabling smartscreen in app & browser control, but that did not work either.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Weird. I have Double Deluxe (released in 2009) and it works just fine on a 5 year old Asus with W10.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Weird. I have Double Deluxe (released in 2009) and it works just fine on a 5 year old Asus with W10.

Yes i have double deluxe too and the odd thing is ive had it installed on this computer a couple months ago. My guess is some new update and now it is blocked? I just ordered a new expansion too will have to send it back if i cant get it to work :(

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited March 2020
    I JUST did this last night if you don't mind UAC being off, try this registry tweak. It doesn't affect Defender.

https://youtu.be/Gjf0PxhGU0U
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-an-administrator-has-blocked-you-from-running-this-app-error-on-windows-10/
    This fixes it. However for some reason I can only install 1 expansion pack. When I go and try and install another one, the game automatically uninstall any other expansions.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Double Deluxe and EPs after H&M Stuff pack came with the Launcher, it is infamous for uninstalling other packs. It's why most of us never use the launcher since BV in TS2. It may not be Windows 10 fault the other packs seem uninstalled or get uninstalled. That was a bug in the TS2 Launcher. There were tuts on MTS years ago of how to get around it. They may still be there. I hope you get this solved.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I found out i had also installed it on an old laptop of mine so I can play it from there. Thanks everyone!

I found out i had also installed it on an old laptop of mine so I can play it from there. Thanks everyone!

• Ami1920Ami1920 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm having this problem right now. I can install The Sims 2 all the way down to Bon Voyage. But the remaining Six (I'm going by the order the games were released.) I get the same thing. I tried installing it on my laptop and I get the same thing. And what gets me, is I am the administrator. Basically, I can't install Kitchen & Bath down to Mansion and Garden stuff at all. I get the same error. I'm not about to buy that reimagine thing, because I don't trust it. I've already tried following someone's suggest which doesn't work because I don't have the option to 'explore' after right-clicking on the game.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ami1920 wrote: »
    I'm having this problem right now. I can install The Sims 2 all the way down to Bon Voyage. But the remaining Six (I'm going by the order the games were released.) I get the same thing. I tried installing it on my laptop and I get the same thing. And what gets me, is I am the administrator. Basically, I can't install Kitchen & Bath down to Mansion and Garden stuff at all. I get the same error. I'm not about to buy that reimagine thing, because I don't trust it. I've already tried following someone's suggest which doesn't work because I don't have the option to 'explore' after right-clicking on the game.

Are you running as an administrator though? I had this issue when I got to Freetime. I thought I had been running as an administrator, but I wasn't.
    Yes, I am. When I looked under Settings and Accounts, it shows my name, email, and shows under my email that I am the Administrator.
    Bump. I'm still having problems. Any help would be great thanks!
  • hobbagoblinhobbagoblin Posts: 1 New Member
    H> @Ami1920 said:
    > Bump. I'm still having problems. Any help would be great thanks!

Hey! I found a YouTube video that fixes the problem! hope this helps!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U
    > @hobbagoblin said:
    > H> @Ami1920 said:
    > > Bump. I'm still having problems. Any help would be great thanks!
    >
    > Hey! I found a YouTube video that fixes the problem! hope this helps!
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U
    >

Thank you so much! That actually helped me out a lot!!
  • Sidney60Sidney60 Posts: 1 New Member
    so, what is the cure for this? Someone, please help us with your wiz.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I'm having the same problem.
  • ProGamerMom07ProGamerMom07 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem with this as well... but the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U is no longer avail to watch. still would like so m help with this.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    the link below the video still works

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-an-administrator-has-blocked-you-from-running-this-app-error-on-windows-10/

i did this a few weeks ago and it works. Its crazy we have to do it (i am the administrator and only user of my computer)

• CarmillaVampireCarmillaVampire Posts: 15 Member
    if someone still have problems, this tutorial heps in a very easy way! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxcagUqfC0E
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Has anyone else ran into this?

I was able to play and install the Sims 2 before, but it's been some months and now I see I can no longer play. I uninstalled the game and now trying to install, I cannot play it.

When running the program, it tells me autorun.exe is blocked by an administrator. Ive tried looking at the properties and unblocking, but it doesn't even give me a security option. Ive tried disabling smartscreen in app & browser control, but that did not work either.

Right click on the game icon and choose "Run as Administer" is you are designated in the computer as an administer.
  • kocha79kocha79 Posts: 1 New Member
    In case anyone is still having this problem, it's the launcher that's causing the warning. Just go into your program files on your computer, find the EP you're trying to launch, go to the TSBin and run the application itself, not the launcher. Problem solved.
  • LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    I can help you!
    This happened too me too , there is a big red banner on the notice yes?
    HERE IS THE LINK THAT SHOULD HELP YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U

THERE is also a graphic mod that helped me run the game at a much higher resolution…it’s called Graphics Maker I think it’s a .exe file that will just install. It’s easy,

GOOD LUCK 🤞🏼
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    If you have the problem of only be able to install 1 expansion pack; download all the patches and save them a place you can find them. Download and install grumpyloader. Install the base game, patch the game with grumpyloader. Install the first expansion, then install the patch with grumpy loader. Keep repeating. Make sure you install the expansion in the right order. If you after a few expansion gets problem again, go into safe mode and keep installing expansions, and then the patch with grumpyloader. When you have installed all the expansions you can start the computer in normal mode again and you should be able to play the game with all the expansions you have.
  • AlexandraeBaliAlexandraeBali Posts: 1 New Member
    sorry to dig that up but i found an easy fix on my own which i wanted to share !

step 1 : copy all the files from the dvd on your computer in some folder, like "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2" for the sake of example
    step 2 : open cmd in administator mode
    step 3 : type "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2\autorun.exe" and enter

at this point you should be able to install the game. once it's done, delete the "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2" folder to save space (did that for double deluxe, it was 4.2 gb !)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    sorry to dig that up but i found an easy fix on my own which i wanted to share !

step 1 : copy all the files from the dvd on your computer in some folder, like "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2" for the sake of example
    step 2 : open cmd in administator mode
    step 3 : type "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2\autorun.exe" and enter

at this point you should be able to install the game. once it's done, delete the "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sims 2" folder to save space (did that for double deluxe, it was 4.2 gb !)

Note that this only works if you have the physical discs. This will not work if you are using the Ultimate Collection.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Did you check also if it was not your anti virus blocking the sims2 autorun.exe happen to me with sims4 i had to white list sims4 in my anti virus
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(