Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Bookmarked, I have quit the job with catching up.

loved weddingdress pictures, giggled with the arnour and comments on that :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you very much. The scene at the dress shop was fun to write, even if the pictures didn't work out. I knew it was probably not going to work, but it was worth a try. I even had two alternate endings for the suit of armor. In one she was going to take it off to reveal she was disguised as a man and the other she was disguised as a little old lady. I decided to just go with the jokes because the story was long enough.😁

• hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Ahh i'm so enjoying this - they're both so happy together T_T My favourite dresses are Danielle's second one and Londyn's first, but I'll be so curious to see what they choose. I'm DYING for this wedding, I know you're going to do such a great job writing about it!
    s54gWQ5.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @DaniRose2143 that was a fun read. I really enjoyed dress number five in the line-up. Number six was a rendition of Disney's Sleeping Beauty, the gown that started out blue, was turned pink and then blue again. My favorite of the Disney Princess stories. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @hellohannah2 @GalacticGal Thank you both very much. All those dresses were beautiful in their own ways, but for Danielle once I got a look at her in the one she's wearing in the big photo at the end I knew it was her. I love the way it flatters her figure. Londyn has been trickier to find that one dress that just grabs me. I'm going back and forth between the one in her big photo and the first one she came out with. That was supposed to be a private viewing, and Siobhan had closed the shop before she invited the group over. It didn't take long for a couple of townies to crash the party and for Siobhan to suddenly spawn 4 employees. All of them kept getting in the way, and it cost me a good shot of Londyn's first dress. Here it is in CAS..

80ciYD6.png

I still can't make up my mind which one I like best for her. I'm also trying to find some veils I like too. I still have a few things I want to do before I sit down to do the wedding episode, and the biggest is writing their vows.
    @DaniRose2143 It's a big decision. I fully understand. My daughter and I ended up taking a full year planning her first wedding. We told her this was the ONLY wedding we would do for her. It was so faerie tale like and we were both very happy with the end results. Best of luck with Lyndon and Danielle's big moment. I love weddings.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    The friendship is coming along nicely. Will romance be far behind?
    b5UYIOS.png

While that was happening, not that far away, this was happening.
    6zKLk2u.png
    RWCraO2.png

The ladies looked excited. Matteo looked really happy after sharing whatever it was with Danielle. So what was it Matteo was showing them? A meme? Cat gifs? Something else?
    @DaniRose2143 It's a big decision. I fully understand. My daughter and I ended up taking a full year planning her first wedding. We told her this was the ONLY wedding we would do for her. It was so faerie tale like and we were both very happy with the end results. Best of luck with Lyndon and Danielle's big moment. I love weddings.

This is going to be their one and only too, so the pressure is on to make it memorable. There will surely be some renewal of their vows in the future but there's only going to be one special day. Besides writing vows for them I may come up with a theme and do a little minor redecorating on the wedding venue.
    @DaniRose2143 Looking forward to the Big Day! May your creativity overflow and your love for your Sims rule the day. :)
    edited September 2022
    I'm working on a list of songs for the wedding episode and I'm a wreck.😭😁 So many perfect songs for Londyn and Danielle's big day. I have a song picked out that is their couples song. I've got Londyn's song for Danielle, now I just need to settle on one for Danielle to Londyn.

All I can say is buy stock in Kleenex now. Or Puffs if that's your brand.😆

ETA: I can't stop listening to their couples song, their first dance together song, and it sweeps me off my feet every time. It may be one of the most beautiful songs ever written. I want so badly to tell you what the song is, but sometimes it's better not to give into instant gratification. It doesn't matter, if I think of them I think of this song, if I think of this song I see Londyn and Danielle.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    edited September 2022
    About that not giving into instant gratification thing. I decided against myself as to when to bring the Golden family into my current save. It failed. I got kicked out of the game, oddly enough, and when I went back in, that family was nowhere. So, see, sometimes it's back to give in. LOL

I have to say, I'm looking forward to your Big Event. :)
    About that not giving into instant gratification thing. I decided against myself as to when to bring the Golden family into my current save. It failed. I got kicked out of the game, oddly enough, and when I went back in, that family was nowhere. So, see, sometimes it's back to give in. LOL

I have to say, I'm looking forward to your Big Event. :)

I'm getting ready to do the bachelorette party and rehearsal, and then the wedding. I may split the wedding up into two or three smaller episodes, getting ready, the wedding itself, and the reception. I lost a lot of time today with unexpected visitors but it was fun so it was worth losing a few hours of simming. I have all week free except for a couple of errands.😁
    edited December 2022
    Chapter Sixteen

The big day is getting really close. Join me if you will as we follow the ladies through the last few days and events before the wedding.

Two Weeks To The Wedding: Details, details, details...

With time running out, Team Bride, still had a few roles left to fill and a guest list to finalize. Danielle, Londyn and their moms got together at the Huntley's place in Sulani to go over those details. Well, weddings details, and the occasional dip in the Huntley's pool.

"So you girls need a flower pal, entertainer, and an officiant?" Ebony asked
    "Yes. The flower pal has been tricky because all of our friends are either single or their kids are older. Londyn thinks she has a line on an officiant but if that doesn't work out we'll need backup." Danielle laid out the problem for the moms to put their experience to work on. As you'd expect Jennifer and Ebony were all over it and offered solutions within minutes.
    K00ZE08.png
    Jennifer was first with a possibility. "There's always the Landry's. You remember them don't you? You went to school with daughter Taylor. You two were so close..."
    "Ah, yeah mom, we were until I caught her examining my boyfriend Cory's tonsils with her tongue. I can't believe you forgot that? I got into so much trouble for trying to make her eat her slice of apple pie and Cory's in one mouthful."
    "You did what?" was Londyn's half stunned response.
    "I sort of took her plate with the slice of apple pie and shoved it in her face, and smacked his slice down on top of her head."
    "I would have loved to see that!"
    "Young lady, that wasn't the only thing you got in trouble for that day!"
    "Oh yeah, I decked Cory. I was kind of p#!%^d off!"
    "I can't imagine my Dani Doll doing that, but I would have paid to see it." Londyn said with a combination of surprise and admiration in her voice
    "I don't think she's gotten over it either. To this day if I see her I either get the stink eye or she let's me know I'm still number one in her books!"

Ebony had the answer though. "I'm surprised at you Londyn. Your cousin Aniyah and her husband Deandre have a daughter Ayanna that's the age you're looking for."
    6VfLTsL.png
    "I didn't think Ayanna was that young?"
    "She's the perfect age and totally adorable. We'll stop by tomorrow and you can ask them yourself. Ebony declared, "So that's your flower pal sorted."
    "Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself mom? I mean they haven't said yes yet."
    "Are you doubting your mom, Londyn Michelle?"
    "Sorry.."
    "I've been giving your entertainer problem a little thought" Jennifer added "and I have your solution there, unless you care to doubt your mom too, Danielle Nicole?"
    "You didn't raise a fool, so who do you have in mind?"
    "For the most part you're right, I didn't raise a fool, though the apple pie massacre made me wonder...not that the little witch didn't deserve it." Jennifer said the last line while trying to remain stoic and failing miserably.
    yPQ7N5t.png
    "I know you know my friend Rachel Talbot. Her daughter Chloe is an amazing singer and pianist."
    "I can't believe I forgot Chloe! Your right Chloe is the perfect choice!" Danielle enthused. She turned to Londyn and Ebony and said "I promise you guys will love her."

With those problems sorted out for now, it was time to just enjoy each other's company and soak up the love and joy in the air...
    GBDuZWx.png
    ...and take a dip in the Huntley's pool, or for the daring the ocean not far away. Sharks had been seen earlier so there weren't many takers.zQTZqdY.png
    oDAiqfO.png
    iO7IX7x.png

The following day the ladies set out to talk to their flower pal and her mom. As Ebony had said, Aniyah was thrilled to come to the wedding and to bring Ayanna...
    1FuFlc7.png

Ayanna was even more thrilled than her mom. The last time Londyn had seen Ayanna she was still a baby, so Ayanna really didn't know her cousin but that didn't stop them making an instant connection.

"Ayanna would you like to come to my wedding?" Londyn asked. "If you want to come, Danielle and I have a very special and important job that we would love you to do. Does that sound like fun?"
    UlS6LxL.png

"Really? A real wedding, like in fairy tales with princesses and princes?"
    "Well sort of. It will be a fairy tale wedding, but in this tale the princess marries another princess."
    "I like that better. Princes would probably be all stinky and stuff since their boys, and boys usually stink and stuff. And they try to put frogs down your sweater. Well that smelly Bryson at school always tries to do icky things with frog and worms and gross stuff like that."
    "I give you my solemn princess promise no stinky boys are going to be doing anything with frogs so you don't have to worry about that."
    "Can I wear a big poofy princess dress?"
    dTDNGQo.png

"You can wear the poofiest, pinkest, princess dress you want"
    "I like that! I can pretend like I'm a princess and I'll be ready to have my own fairy tale wedding someday when I find a boy who isn't all gross and stinky!"
    "I'm so happy you want to be a part of my big day with my fairy tale queen. You'll love Danielle too, she's so sweet. Just like you, your really sweet too."
    WG8xVeh.png

The last stop found an eager Chloe Talbot who was more than happy to help out.
    "I love any opportunity to play and sing, and the only thing I love more than that is weddings." Chloe continued, adding, "I can feel so much love in the air between you two. It's so pure, so true, and I wouldn't miss seeing two souls that deeply in love get married."
    hjjQPsW.png
    Ye6KhYK.png

This is just the beginning. Over the next three or four days there are going to be a few more episodes, including the wedding we've all been dying to see. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading along. And don't worry, our story has barely gotten started. There are so many amazing storylines right now, and even more that have yet to reveal themselves.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @DaniRose2143, princesses, frogs and apple pie... this wedding is shaping up! I just hope no one sets off the smoke alarm (true story, my wedding, irl... pro-tip - incense and rented historic venues make for funny memories). I love weddings.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    @luciusstorm Thank you. It didn't take any time at all to find my muse for this one. Summer kind of takes over in the next one. Danielle is dying to hear in Summer's own words how things are going with Darian. Danielle has her sources of information, mostly her own romantic instincts. She knows Summer has been busy getting ready for the rehearsal dinner, the bachelorette party, and the wedding, but she's not talking as much since things got so hot between her and Darian. Mostly Summer can't talk because her hands are too full to pick up the phone, but also because her lips are locked onto Darian's. She could talk but it would be all muffled, and she might bite Darian's tongue.
    @DaniRose2143, well cooking can be very passionate after all. <3 Looking forward to Summer filling Danielle in.
    edited December 2022
    Chapter Seventeen

One Week To The Wedding

A few weeks ago when the wedding planning got started, Summer jumped at the chance to take on the job of catering the event for her friends. She's enlisted the help of another member of the friend circle, and a fellow cook, Matteo Rossi. They have an ambitious menu planned that should leave the attendees happy and well fed. Summer stopped by to reveal the final menu to Danielle and Londyn to get their approval.

"Let's discuss what Matteo and I have come up with for menus shall we? Londyn if you want I can send the file to you so you can look at it too?"
    "No need Summer, Danielle's the cook. Besides which looking at food is only going to make me hungrier than I already am."
    y2FdnML.png
    "I know how that is, you know, being around food all day. Anyway what we thought is for the rehearsal dinner we'd make kalua pork, island veggie feast, gumbo, Chocolate Mousse, and apple pie...what's so funny?"
    KheZDLd.png
    "Just the other day I told Londyn about that time I hit Taylor Landry with the apple pie."
    "Oh yeah!" Summer replied, "Too bad they didn't serve lemon meringue pie that day. You ask me the little witch got off easy!"
    "You sound just like my mom."
    "Gee, thanks."
    Xeayi8T.png

"Have you made up your minds if you're having a private bachelorette party at Londyn's parents place or are we going out some place?" Summer asked
    "Danielle and I thought it over, and we're leaning towards having a private get together. I'm not a superstar by any means, but I'm famous enough I'm afraid we're going to have a lot of party crashers. We haven't ruled out splitting it up and having dinner at my parents house, hang out around the pool, and then slip out for a few drinks before heading back."
    5mDr51l.png
    "Sounds good Londyn. Matteo and I can whip up some finger food or light snacks. If you want fancy, we can do sushi or another ethnic dish. Matteo is really good making Indian dishes. We could also go simple and do corndogs, sliders, and such. There would be lots of cookies and cake to snack on too."
    ltyuRap.png
    Danielle asked,"Can we let you know tomorrow?"
    "Sure, just give me a call or a text. Matteo, Liberty, and I are headed to Sulani tomorrow to get started preparing things. Speaking of those two, has Matteo talked to you lately?"
    "More than that," Danielle said, "he stopped by and showed us pictures of a couple of rings he has his eye on for Liberty. He wanted our opinions."
    "She is going to lose it when he whips out that ring" Summer said.
    Danielle replied, "Yes, she is. They're both so lucky they found each other. Matteo has been so good for her. She needed someone to believe in her and show her how special she is. We dropped that ball ourselves by being so focused on the guys we were chasing and not making sure she got attention, that she was included in the fun too."
    "She has been good for Matteo too." Summer said. "She helped get him away from Leonardo's influence and she's helped him get his life turned around. Without her, and still running around with Leonardo, his life would have fallen apart by now. Speaking of Leonardo, have either of you heard from him since I cut him loose?"
    "Not a word"
    "Nope" Danielle offered and seeing her opening she pounced. As the conversation about Liberty and Matteo progressed Summer had gotten up and was headed towards the sofa, but Danielle's next sentence stopped her dead in her tracks. With a mischievous smile, and a sparkle in her eye, Danielle asked, "This talk of Liberty and Matteo makes me wonder...how are things between you and Darian?"
    8vK7CvI.png

"Grab a scone and spill it sister. And don't leave out any details." Danielle said in her best conspiratorial tone.
    oRNDBIU.png

Summer grabbed two of the scones Danielle mentioned and she was furiously gnawing on the first one trying to get a grip on herself.
    L7PTMNX.png
    Thoughts of Darian lately were threatening to set Summer's mind on fire, among other things. Danielle knew Summer was in the midst of being swept off her feet even though Darian was miles away. Londyn could see it too and was trying very hard not to laugh at her friends sweet predicament. Summer was feeling flustered by the thoughts of Darian that were raging in her mind, and the memories of the night before...
    yg2IYF6.png
    wN1b3Zk.png

Danielle was ready to spring the trap. "So how many times did you woohoo with Darian last night?
    5mXd3Pk.png

"Ohhh, that many, eh?" Danielle said as she watched the smile explode on Summer's face.
    "Babe, I think that question broke her brain." Londyn said.
    "Yeah, I should have waited until after she finished baking our wedding cake first. Now that I think about it she didn't mention what the menu was for the reception either. I hope Matteo can handle the catering by himself."
    kICpVsV.png

Londyn said, "There's only one thing to do in a situation like this..."
    "And what would that be?" was Danielle's return question.
    To which Londyn replied, "You grab her left arm, I'll grab her right, and together we drag her into a cold shower..."

That's it for tonight dear readers. Thank you again. I will have more episodes tomorrow later today.
    @DaniRose2143, oops, they broke Summer. :D Love the wedding planning and how the couples have come together.
    @luciusstorm I'm happy to report that Summer recovered very quickly, as we'll see later today, without the need for the iconic cold shower. I snapped that shot and was dying to find a way to slip it into the story and viola.
    edited September 2022
    Messing around in the backup save was enlightening. I have much bigger issues than whether or not I need to have a reception, but the answer is no to that. Maybe my design is flawed but there are no shortage of issues. Everybody showed up but from there it went wrong. Everybody but one took their seats when asked, but there are also more seats then guests, and each seat was play tested while I was building the venue. The Sims of Honor wouldn't go down the aisle and take their place. Each had to go separately, no problem, but as soon as they reached the front they left to go do other things. The dads never acknowledged the command to walk their daughters down the aisle. They just sat there like bumps. If I sent the brides down one at a time, the first one down immediately went to do some other activity.

But on the lighter side of my issues. Seeing everybody show up for the wedding in their finery, was hilarious. Some of the sims formal outfits got overlooked in the process of creating them. Liberty looks really pretty, but I might choose something different for a bridesmaid dress. Her dad David looks very handsome in his suit. Liberty's mom Clarissa needs help. But the real fashion victim is Jennifer...omg!!4W5PLDz.png

Ninety-nine percent of these are the fault of the games incredibly questionable fashion sense. This one is my fault, at least partly. I don't know what bottom the game gave Lewis Huntley to wear, but the reason he's standing next to Chloe Talbot and Moira Fyres with no pants on is my fault.
    B4B390m.png

I obviously deleted the item he had been wearing. I feel bad for him. He's a really nice guy and not creepy. And the ladies took his appearance in stride. I doubt I could be so nonchalant if a man was standing next me looking like that...

Then there is the case of Summer's dad, Kellen. He stands out in a crowd. I think it's the silver top hat that sets everything off. He looks a bit like a Christmas ornament. Matteo being stylish and Italian doesn't seem impressed with Kellen's attempt at sartorial elegance...
    xcbn16o.png

Summer's mom sort of matches her husband with her jaunty beret. I just don't think a long sleeve top over a sweater is really the best for Sulani weather. Ebony's look isn't horrible, but it needs fixed, asap.
    Xg7WIJV.png
    :D ... well who hasn't forgotten to wear pants to at least one formal event?
    My game is fully updated, but apparently the MWS wedding bugs are still there in my game. I don't know what to do at this point. Trying to even have a practice wedding in my backup save to sort things out is a total mess. My goal of having the wedding this week is in real jeopardy if I can't figure this out soon.
    @DaniRose2143, well that sucks. I have no experience with MWS, so I can't help with that.

However, I have done a couple of group scenes and set-pieces for Wyrd Girls and I can say the secret of success is - don't. A couple of wide shots to establish the setting and then "movie magic" - focusing in on the two or three sims who are actively part of the immediate action. Other than that Clubs from Get Together are great for crowd autonomy and Tell a Group Story is a good way to get a crowd to stand still long enough to get some good group shots. I know you're not really looking for work-arounds, but that's the best I've got... other than my bad idea.
    My bad idea is, run it as it... let it fall apart in dramatic/comic horror. Have the happy couple flee the disastrous attempt at a grand wedding and just say their vows together on a beach at sunset. I mean, irl, at my wedding the "best man" was standing on a chair, holding a broom, trying to get the smoke away from a screaming smoke detector... and my wife and I still think it was a fantastic day. Sometimes wedding disasters are triumphs.
    edited September 2022
    @luciusstorm After that attempt to have a practice wedding in one of the backup saves, there's no way I'm trying that in the main save. After the first failed attempt, the fame bug has returned in that save. I don't know what other damage it did. I hadn't been in the main save since about this time last night. I went in a few minutes ago and the new character Chloe was dead. She was alive when I shut the game down last night, but now she's a ghost in Danielle's relationship panel and every other trace of her is gone from the game. Everybody has a +3 or 4 sad moodlet. The game clock was right where I left it, Monday 2:39am. I was able to go back one save point, about one sim day back, and she's still alive. So now I have to wonder what else happened in the main save. All of this because I tried to do a practice wedding. No thanks, I'll pass on another try before it does serious damage.😲

I had plans for such a beautiful fairy tale wedding and they are basically over.😭 I'm going to pick up the pieces and find a way forward, this story isn't over, but I'm heartbroken right now. Just have to stop and figure out the best way to make something special out of this mess.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Lewis's excuse for his attire can be that it's a beach wedding. o:)
    gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top