March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling amused (made a straw terrain)

Comments

• PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    wow that terrain paint looks great!! I love it! :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    just downloaded and thank you for it
    you are amazing creator and not only at baby clothes keep it up
    <3

aww thank you, that is so lovely of you to say <3 Made my day :)
    Plumbobi wrote: »
    wow that terrain paint looks great!! I love it! :)

aww thanks <3 Glad you like it :)
    Still working with no issues after today's update :)
    OTU0MY1.png
    Straw terrain still working after the 31 March 2022 update ;)
    PB71KAD.png
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited April 2022
    @mcrudd That's pretty cool. Can you make one with skulls? I want to use the terrain editor and make a tiny hill in back of my vampire's house and paint it with skulls terrain.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
    Arzekial wrote: »
    @mcrudd That's pretty cool. Can you make one with skulls? I want to use the terrain editor and make a tiny hill in back of my vampire's house and paint it with skulls terrain.

Hi there, like I said previously babies are more my go to ;) but I did try and make you a terrain :) please let me know if you like it and if you would like the ground a bit darker or anything like that. This was the only skulls seamless type pattern I could find.

@Arzekial

zjsa1TP.png
    30MGwGJ.png
    Hey! That's awesome! I was planning on it being a tiny hill so that'll be perfect. Seriously, thank you. :)
    edited April 2022
    Hey! That's awesome! I was planning on it being a tiny hill so that'll be perfect. Seriously, thank you. :)

@Arzekial Yay glad you like it :) You can find it here https://www.mediafire.com/file/hb0x9glq59kuqgp/skullsterrain.package/file
    @Arzekial are you happy with your terrain after seeing it in game, I can always try and tweak it a bit for you, perhaps darker ground or so on ;)
    Hey, it's perfect. Thanks. Just the right amount of creepy :)
    Hey, it's perfect. Thanks. Just the right amount of creepy :)

AweSim :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Great job! Thank you for making and sharing. One of those finishing detail touches that really should have been part of the pack. Of course, farms have straw lying around. Barns are full of the stuff in addition to where you have it.
    Great job! Thank you for making and sharing. One of those finishing detail touches that really should have been part of the pack. Of course, farms have straw lying around. Barns are full of the stuff in addition to where you have it.

Aww its a pleasure, happy simming <3
    Both the straw and the Skull terrain is still working after the 27 April update
    B65ljiV.png
    6QAIHcF.png
    Hi there simmers. The straw and skull terrain is still working after the pronoun update we had today :)
    Qgppu5o.png
    FA8WTWO.png
    Good evening from New Zealand simmers <3 I have downloaded both the new kits and I am happy to say that my two terrains are still working :)

Psqyr2T.png
    2uie3ax.png
    Both of the terrains are still working after today's big update.
    ro9CoLE.png
    NBWHHXX.png
    Hi there simmers <3 I am here to let you know that both the straw and the skull terrain is still working after today's big update we had :)
    FBwRwXn.png
    VKXsxZJ.png
    Good evening from New Zealand simmers. Just to let you all know that both the straw and skull terrains are still working with the Highschool expansion pack.
    Gb49uNw.png
    XuLq2jF.png
    Good morning from New Zealand simmers. The straw and skull terrain is still working after our aging fix update we got today. Happy simming to you all <3

kSVb5aO.png
    gvDO3po.png
    Good morning simmers :) Both the straw and the skulls terrain is still working after todays update ;)

LFoijXT.png
    JyojJVn.png

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    k1zLLde.png

zfmepP2.png

a9J3j8M.png

For my chickens too :)
    QJcfXFx.png

Do the Llama's eat from it?
    mcrudd wrote: »
    k1zLLde.png

zfmepP2.png

a9J3j8M.png

For my chickens too :)
    QJcfXFx.png

Do the Llama's eat from it?

It is not real straw, but I have watched them closely and paused my game when they eat with their animation and then I mark the spot with a bit of straw so it looks like they are eating it when they animation returns to that spot ;)
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I think the straw texture looks great. You could even make a freshly harvested wheat field on a bigger lot, just paint down a mix of dark and light soil and then paint the straw in rows, with the tractor prop and some bales I think it would look really convincing. Kind of odd how Cottage Living didn't include that texture.