Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Football: having a catch

If you're going to have a football catch with someone, you spend 80% of the time throwing it back and forth nice and casual.

Instead they spend 80% of their time
- twirling the football on one finger every single time (and you never see people do that in real life when they're just having a catch).
- shoving the ball back and forth between their hands a few times

FINALLY they decide to throw the ball to the other person.

A little common sense: just have them throw back and forth, throw/catch once every 3-4 seconds (real life seconds, not in-game seconds).

Not to mention they still act like dorks with no coordination even though fitness skills are 5 and 7 - hitting each other on the head or ducking.

Not to mention when you do the "difficult" catch, it's like trying to throw a 100 yard touchdown pass, but the person is 3 yards away from you. I tried it once, was surprised no one got hit on the head, and it looked like if it did hit you at that speed you'd end up in the hospital for a week.

It really mystifies me why these concepts are so hard to notice when developers are making the overall football feature.

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree they could have at least made two options "show off moves" for that weird twirling on one finger they won't stop doing and a basic "throw football"
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Two Sims, both with a Fitness of ten. Out of six throws, five head smacks, and one overthrow. What they really need for throwing practice (and the competition) is a hoop you throw the ball through! Constantly beaning someone in the head and losing friendship is not fun.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    And when you lose friendship on a tiny home lot it turns you into enemies pretty fast - if they don't correct that I sure hope someone creates a mod to stop the friendship hit - whether they catch it or not it should be a fun activity that doesn't ruin relationships
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I also hope this is modded soon. I don't think I've ever lost friends from throwing a football around, and my Sims shouldn't either.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    There is a throw football together I believe were the other sim don't get hit. I've done it but I forgot what it was called.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I couldn't figure out how 2 Sims who had high green and pink levels with each other were suddenly in the red. Their footballs have been sold, and no future Sims will go out for football.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Silly me, the juggling the soccor ball back and forth was fun for sims and I thought throwing the football was going to be fun too. Nope!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I agree they could have at least made two options "show off moves" for that weird twirling on one finger they won't stop doing and a basic "throw football"

I could be completely wrong on this, but I thought the whole Spinning the Ball on your finger was more of a Basketball thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I could be completely wrong on this, but I thought the whole Spinning the Ball on your finger was more of a Basketball thing.
    You would think so but it's about all they do with the football. Yes this is a mod for kids but the same animation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNgY4MqB-Y&t=2s
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Did you use regular or hard practice, with higher skill and the harder practice seems to have more throwing and success, if both are good
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @MarleyTheWizard Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have to give that a try. I've had to cheat *gasp* to fix my Sims' relationships after they were almost irretrievably broken by misguided passes.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!