Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disney Magic Kingdom Community Collaboration! * COMPLETED

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    My first claim this period is… map 9, #132 / 40 x 40 / Pool / 147 Fantasyland / Casey's Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.
    My second claim will be… map 2, #33 / 30 x 20 / Community / 166 Main Street / Main Street Bakery
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Charming Colonial
    Map 7 - #89 / 10 x 15 Residential Lot / 40 Liberty Square / (starter home - budget max $16,500)

Download --- Pictures in Spoiler below :)

52329023561_4813539520_c.jpg

Tagging @soocoolsim so you know it's finally here. ;)<3

Description:
    This newly updated, historic colonial makes living in Liberty Square a reality, at only $16,245! With an open living, kitchen, & dining area with floor to ceiling grid windows throughout, you'll feel like you're living in a mansion! 2 Bd, 1.5 Ba. A rustic, comfy retreat from everyday life yet walking distance to the Subway for when you're ready to go out again! Place at 40 Liberty Square in DMK world. ***Store Greenhouse windows needed for the best look.*** NO CC. Built by emorrill, 2022.

This was my first build in a long while everyone so I hope y'all like it. :blush: It sure was a challenge to keep it within budget, but that's what made it fun! :grin: (And sometimes I welcome a challenge. ;) Though I didn't enjoy the challenge of coming up with a good description! :joy: ) Sorry there's very limited outdoor space on the lot, but I wanted to create a luxurious starter home for your sims. :) There is a spot for a bike and a small garden. :blush: I think some small trees could be added to the edges of the lot, but I wasn't going to add those for upload purposes and of course, budget purposes. :lol: Also there is no fireplace (even though there is a chimney) because I wanted it to look like they "closed it off" while updating the home and created an accent wall in its place. ;) Enjoy!!

Inspiration Photo and Custard Check
    52329293448_0c643c721c_c.jpg

52328088582_866bcb6f0c_z.jpg

*Pictures*
    52329024326_97920b9512_c.jpg

52328106942_77f300bc69_c.jpg

52329039521_123e2c29ee_c.jpg

52329343619_9ff7a095d4_c.jpg

52329344079_276de67058_c.jpg

52328088212_4b2e10271b_c.jpg

52329470420_3e6c0b28a2_c.jpg

Upstairs:

52329039306_96b75ebd85_c.jpg

52329038661_04f3cc035c_c.jpg

52329290288_3320bb7dac_c.jpg

52328081237_bed5ecb9b9_c.jpg

52328082487_a2a2bae668_c.jpg

52329465670_8633e5e327_c.jpg

52329466745_5f516ec735_c.jpg

52329461885_91f356d732_c.jpg

I had a sim test out the "barn sink" in the kitchen because I meshed two items together with MOO. It works! :smiley:

52328069572_2d230823c2_c.jpg
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Fort Langhorn
    Map 6, Lot #84, 111 Tom Sawyer Island

7tIF3fh.jpg?1

Newly opened as a holiday let or permanent home on Tom Sawyer Island Fort Langhorn is a 4 bed, 2 bath dwelling on various levels
    styled after a typical Old Wild West Fort.
    Amenities include a 1 horse stable, chicken coop, vegetable patch (no spawners) and nectar cellar

Inspiration Picture:
    LsNuIqg.jpg

Hi @emorrill :)
    'Charming Colonial' looks an absolutely gorgeous starter home <3 and I'm amazed that you were able to keep it within the budget. Have downloaded and rec'd of course and am looking forward to a closer look in game :D
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Yay, more goodies to add to MK! Both recommended and downloaded.

@emorrill, your starter Colonial home has a lot to offer for it being a budget home. I would not have been able to stay within budget, that's for sure. I like that roof trim that you used as an accent on the front. Cute little kitchen sink you made too. Sometimes those are tricky to get them to work properly, way to go. <3

@Hidehi , Fort Langhorn looks awesome and you've designed it so well into a home! The lot definitely so nicely in Frontierland and you've captured the Wild Wild West theme perfectly! I love all the different walkways on the 2nd level leading to each room and it has nice additions with the stable, the garden, the beekeeper's box and play area. <3
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Hidehi Thank you so much. <3 I'm surprised I got all that stuff to fit within budget too! :lol: I used the cheapest furniture and appliances (upgraded :smirk: ), free wallpapers (Woop woop!), and the greenhouse windows are surprisingly very cheap! :star: So that was a major plus! :smiley:

Your Fort Langhorn looks exactly like the real life one from the picture! :open_mouth: Even my 11 yo daughter walked by and looked at your build and called it "Amazing!" :blush: You and the other talented builders on here never cease to amaze me with your creations. :star: I seriously want ALL your builds in my game!

@Sandraelle Aww, Thank you. <3 It's amazing how the inspiration photos will really spark your creativity and you figure out ways to make the lot look as close to the photo as possible with the limited tools you have in game at your disposal. :star: I actually tried to educate myself on CFE for this very build, but...it was much too complicated for my brain so I made do. :p Those of y'all who can understand it are so so gifted and I love seeing all the builds you come up with for this world. :love: It's really coming along and becoming the magical place that DMK is! :star: I'm thankful for the opportunity to contribute to it. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @emorrill Charming Colonial definitely lives up to it's name! The home is adorable! You did a fantastic job of the décor! I definitely agree with Sandraelle the home has a lot to offer, and I know that staying within budget is not easy, I was barely able to when I created a starter home for Tomorrow Land..

@Hidehi Fort Langhorn has that beautiful rustic look (both the exterior and the décor) that goes perfect in Frontierland! You did a fantastic job of getting it to look like the inspiration photo! For sims that love the outdoors and have a green thumb this is the perfect home!
    Yay, several milestones reached today but first...

@emorrill , wow you sure did get a lot in for a starter! Very happy you were inspired to build after a long time and also meet the budget challenge. A great home for sims starting out and even when growing their family. Well done! :D

@Hidehi , you nailed Fort Langhorn! I too love the addition of the walkways, amenities and the interesting layout of the separate buildings. I can see a family loving this home and all it has to offer. Methinks it would be such fun to have Tom Sawyer and like characters added to this build. Well done! :D

Links for both builds above added to page 1 and the spreadsheet. Wonderful new additions to DMK. I look forward to a walkthrough this weekend!
    edited September 2022
    k5opwr7yob0x.jpg

And on to the milestones achieved with the completion of the recent builds....

First, Map 7 is now complete!
    3a9jhlazyaou.jpg

Map 6 is also done! Both maps as well as Maps #2, #8 and #9 have been updated on page 1.
    y3ro4wglls1m.jpg

Last, but not least, we are now two-thirds into completion of this world! Great job @everyone and let's keep up the momentum. As always, an open invitation for others to help us reach the final goal. :smiley:
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
    @soocoolsim Awesome news!!! Congratulations! Three milestones that is amazing!! :D
    edited September 2022
    Casey Jr Splash and Soak Station
    (pool - playground & waterpark)
    Map 9, #132
    Download ***** Pictures

Have loads of fun in this themed water park and playground. Casey 'bubble-blower' engine includes nursery and simmie activities. Elephant train car includes washroom facilities. Place at 147 Fantasyland in Disney Magic Kingdom. No CC.
    cdows2wbwfns.jpg

Inspiration
    ia14dmoiqdjv.jpg
    p8xeiirhkt7h.jpg
    @soocoolsim Love how Casey Jr. is perfect for family oriented sims! You did a fantastic job of making Casey's look like the inspiration photo! The face on the train looks so much like the Casey Jr. in the photo! Having a nursery for baby and toddler sims, plus a playground for child sims, so that their parents can enjoy some pool time is an awesome idea!
    @soocoolsim, Wow Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station is awesome! Amazing how you're able to make those train structures!!! I love that first train, it looks so close to the real one!! Love seeing what objects you use to get the effect, lol. And so cool that there's a nursery for the babies and such a great playground area for the kiddies to enjoy. Love it! <3
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @soocoolsim Love how Casey Jr. is perfect for family oriented sims! You did a fantastic job of making Casey's look like the inspiration photo! The face on the train looks so much like the Casey Jr. in the photo! Having a nursery for baby and toddler sims, plus a playground for child sims, so that their parents can enjoy some pool time is an awesome idea!

Thanks very much @LMC6255 . Yes, I did want the focus of this lot on the little ones so happy you think a great idea too. 😀
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @soocoolsim, Wow Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station is awesome! Amazing how you're able to make those train structures!!! I love that first train, it looks so close to the real one!! Love seeing what objects you use to get the effect, lol. And so cool that there's a nursery for the babies and such a great playground area for the kiddies to enjoy. Love it! <3

Thanks very much @Sandraelle . I must admit the roofing of the first train was quite a challenge going both up and down at the same time so very happy you like that one best. This was such a fun build for me. 😀
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Sandraelle I love your Princess Fairytale Bookstore. My inner princess is really a bookworm nerd so she will not want to leave it to visit other places. :grin: I'm looking forward to Gina exploring it. She's the bookworm tester.

@soocoolsim The Crystal Studio looks fantastic. It looks like a great place for sims to enjoy practicing their music and learn art. I love the little coffee area and yep...I am so stealing using that 'pod' decor for my sims homes. I just finished loading my pods in my real home but never thought of using that. So very clever.

Your Casey Jr Splash and Soak is just amazing. How you do what you do I just can't comprehend. I love that the kids can go inside the engine and play, as well as the outside play area. Terrific use of the giant llamas! I am looking forward to adding it to my game and checking things out with my tester kids.

@emorrill I'm looking forward to having Gina and Shane :love: check out your Charming Colonial. It looks fantastic and such clever use of the wallpapers to accent the outside. Staying on budget is so hard and you did a wonderful job, especially adding an extra bedroom and bath. A perfect starter home for a young couple with a child.

@Hidehi I love the idea of my sims renting a fort as a vacation home! I think even my big tester family would fit in it. I'm looking forward to having them try.

I've been testing my last build (dive bar) and I think I fixed all the little holes. How do they happen? Hopefully will get it loaded today or tomorrow if time permits.

@Sandraelle , @emorrill , @LMC6255 and @soocoolsim :)
    Thank you ever so much for your lovely comments on 'Fort Langhorn'! I really appreciated all your support :)

@soocoolsim , 'Casey Jr Splash and Soak Station' is such a fun-tastic addition to MK. Your CFE work is amazing as always, love the use of the firehoses as wheels for the train and the water squirting elephants are really cool 🌟

bekkasan wrote: »
    @Sandraelle I love your Princess Fairytale Bookstore. My inner princess is really a bookworm nerd so she will not want to leave it to visit other places. :grin: I'm looking forward to Gina exploring it. She's the bookworm tester.

I've been testing my last build (dive bar) and I think I fixed all the little holes. How do they happen? Hopefully will get it loaded today or tomorrow if time permits.

Thank you so much @bekkasan! I hope Gina enjoys reading there. :)

Oh those darn ceiling holes or floating tiles have given me such trouble in a lot of my builds. Not sure what causes it, whether it's CFE, having a basement or pool nearby, or using friezes, or something else, who knows, but they are very annoying!! I think I've read that the trick to avoid the holes in the ceiling tiles, is to add the ceiling tiles early on, but I don't often think about my ceilings until I'm done building and furnishing a room, lol. But you're not alone!! Glad you were able to fix the ones in your dive bar and I look forward to seeing it soon. :)

Tortuga Tavern

The Tortuga Tavern is a must visit during your stay at Disney Magic Kingdom. A family friendly restaurant is on the lower level, while an adult friendly tavern is just a step away upstairs. Enjoy a drink or two relaxing in the tavern. Test your cowboys skills on the bucking bronco. Sing karaoke and perhaps win the nightly prize as the best of the bunch. Built for Disney Collaboration at 32 Adventureland. No cc, no cap. Bekkasan September 2022
    52332722947_3da82e727a_o.jpg

Inspiration photo
    52334439784_12f3c2f5e1_o.jpg

Custard check
    52334219155_39c4c04fd1_o.jpg

edited September 2022
    @bekkasan Wow! Tortuga Tavern is so beautiful! I love the color scheme and the fun vibe throughout the lot, with so many fun activities, makes me wish I was a sim so I could join in! The tavern does look a lot like the inspiration photo! I love how Tortuga Tavern looks at night and during those amazing Magic Kingdom sunsets! <3
    edited September 2022
    What a detailed and fun tavern @bekkasan . Sims will sure have a blast here and I love the themed feature areas. Such cool exterior pics with the lighting. I quite enjoyed your pictures and looking forward to a walkthrough. Another wonderful build for DMK. Links added to page 1 and the spreadsheet. Well done! 🌸🌟

@LMC6255 Thanks! It was fun trying to create something similar to the tavern and have fun things for our sims to do.

@soocoolsim Thank you! I really enjoyed working on the tavern. I will pick another build to start on later today.

Hi @bekkasan , thank you for you lovely comment. :)
    I very much hope that Fort Langhorn will be a great vacation home for your sims to try out ... even though there are so many awesome places to stay already.

Tortuga Tavern is a gorgeous build with such a variety of activities and you've captured the look of the original really well. I love the Karaoke area, the treasure chest diorama and all the other pirate themed bits and bobs. Definitely a must to visit while staying in MK :D

I’ve flagged the post above. Looks like phishing to me ☹️
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    I’ve flagged the post above. Looks like phishing to me ☹️

Yep, sure does, glad you flagged it. :#:s:#

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top